Blind Dates for Hae Won and Park Ha

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

 
Sunday

Junsu's POV

 
 
 
                  “Let's go together later.” 
 
                  “Huh? Where?” Hae Won asks.
 
                  “We have the get-together dinner, right?” I remind her.
 
                  “Ah...that..”
 
She lightly scratches the back of her neck.
 
                  “Aren't you going?” I ask.
 
                  “Uh...I can't. I have an appointment tonight.” I detect uneasiness in her voice.
 
                  “Appointment?”
 
She nods. 
 
                  “Oppa sets me up on a blind date.”
 
                  “Blind....date?” 
 
                  “Yes.”
 
                  “So....you will meet him?”
 
I feel like my lungs are losing air.
 
                  “I heard that he's a good guy...Also, I have no reason not to show up.”
 
I swallow hard.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
                    “Thank you for helping me out.” Hae Won says.
 
We came from the salon I usually go to. She had her hair and make up done. Next is to get her a dress for the date.
 
 
                    “What should I wear so that he'll like me?' She asks while browsing at the dresses.
 
I didn't answer so she looks at me.
   
                    “You are a guy so I want to hear an opinion.”
 
                    “Whatever you wear, it will suit you.” I say.
 
She stares at me. I suddenly remember that I personally volunteered to help her prepare for her date this evening. I did that in order for me to be able to spend at least an hour more with her before she goes. 
 
                     “Okay, let's say that you are the person I'm going to meet on the blind date...what dress will give you a good impression of me?”
 
I think for a moment then my hand and eyes started to browse at the clothes. 
 
I'm not actually picky when it comes to clothes. I often make our stylist choose outfits for me and when I go shopping, I always look for the newest trend or the displayed outfits and buy them. However, I find myself meticulously looking for a dress now. 
 
 
We go around. She silently follows me as I do the browsing. I take a few minutes before I finally take out a simple knee-length white dress. I also grab a pair of black short boots.
 
Hae Won goes to the fitting room to change clothes. I continue to look around for a blazer and I chose a denim jacket that will fit her dress.
 
 
Hae Won came out wearing the dress and booths. I come near her and help her put on the jacket.
 
 
 
                      “Why are you so quiet?” she asks.
 
                      “Nothing...” I answer continuing to help her with the jacket.
 
                      “I thought you are angry.”
 
                      “No I'm not. I'm just not good with shopping so I don't have much opinion.”
 
                      “I don't think so...this outfit I think is pretty. I actually like it.”
 
                      “Really? You like it?”
 
                      “Hm. I feel like it'll bring me good luck in my date.”
 
He might even propose marriage once he sees you this beautiful
  
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Park Ha's POV
 
 
 
 
                       “Where is it?”
 
 
I keep looking at the sticky notes attached to the fridge but it's not there. Even removing all didn’t help me find it. I decided to call Chae Kyung to ask about the address but her phone is off. What should I do? How can I possibly go to the blind date when I don't know the address? 
 
 
I grab my bag. I'll drop by the convenience store and ask her.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Hae Won's POV:

 
 
 
Junsu sshi stops the car. We're finally here at the restaurant where I'll meet the guy my oppa sets me up for a blind date.
 
 
 
                      “Are you going to the dinner gathering now?” I ask him.
 
                      “Yes.” 
 
I nod.
 
                     “Enjoy....Maybe I can attend next time.” I say.
 
I unbuckle my seatbelt.
 
                      “Do you really have to go on this blind date?” he seriously asks.
 
                      “My oppa exerted effort to set this blind date for me so I have to...” I say giving him a half smile.
 
                      “How about what you feel.....You like someone else right?” He looks at me in the eyes.
 
                      “If this is what I need to do to forget him, then I will.” I honestly say.
 
He didn't say anything after that.
 
                      “Thank you for helping me and driving me here. I'll treat you a good meal next time Junsu sshi. See you tomorrow.” I open the door and go out.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Park Ha's POV
 
 
 
                 “Ottokajji?” 
 
I continue to walk. Chae Kyung did a half day today according to the other store attendant. A guy fetched her she said and that explains why her phone is off.
 
                 “Why didn't I memorize the address?” I hit my head.
 
I'm sure Chae Kyung will scold me when she finds out. To think that she even wish me good luck before she left the house earlier.
 
                 “Ah.....what should I do? I'm totally in trouble...”
 
What if the guy won't meet me again? He's probably annoyed at me now.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Junsu's POV

 
 
 
 
Everyone is happy and enjoying the dinner except me. I feel uneasy and I keep thinking about Hae Won. What if the guy likes her?---which is not far from happening since she's a wonderful girl.
 
 
What if she'll like him? 
 
 
I shake my head. I don't want to entertain the thought.
 
 
 
                     “Junsu....are you thinking of something?” a colleague asks.
 
                    “Uh...just thinking of something.” I reply.
 
                     “Nah.....forget about work for now. Enjoy the evening! Here let's drink.” he pours my glass some liquor.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Hae Won's POV

 
 
 
It's been fifteen minutes since I meet my date. He's a pretty decent guy and we talk comfortably unlike the awkward atmosphere I imagined. Just like what my oppa said, he's a good catch and he seems to be interested to know me more as well but I think I left my mind to Junsu sshi. 
 
 
I smile and talk to this guy but mind is thinking of Junsu.
 
 
Did he reach the place safely? What is he eating right now? Is he drinking alcohol? Is he enjoying the get-together dinner?
 
 
I couldn't stop thinking about him. I remember how my heart flutters while he's helping me put on the jacket. He was so close to me that I stop breathing for a moment.
 
 
 
Then Junsu's You Are So Beautiful starts to play.
 
 
He notices that I stop with my food.
 
 
 
                        “Is there some problem with your food?” he asks.
 
                        “No, it's good. It's the song....This is my favorite.”  
 
                        “Ah...so you like this kind of music..”
 
My phone vibrated so I secretly look at the message. It's from Junsu sshi.
 
 
I'm here at the studio's rooftop. 
If you don't like your date...come out and find me.
 
 
 
My heart flutters and I smile.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Yoochun's POV
 
 
 
                         “Yoboseyo?” Park Ha answers.
 
                         “Park Ha...”
 
                         “Why did you call? Aren't you shooting your drama now?”
 
                         “Yes...I'm on my coffee break. So....what are you doing now?”
 
                         “I'm here in the house...writing..”
 
                         “Ah...so you're making an update?”
 
                         “Hm.”
 
                         “Did you go out this evening?” I ask to make sure.
 
                         “No...I'll be staying home...why did you ask?”
 
                         “None...I just....Okay, I'll hang up now. Make good updates okay?”
 
She chuckles.
 
                         “Yes, Your Highness...” 
 
                         “I'm counting on you...goodnight..”
 
                         “Goodnight.”
 
 
I sigh in relief and smile. I succeeded in sabotaging her blind date.
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

Junsu's POV

 
 
 
I'm silently waiting for her here in the rooftop. I don't know if she'll come and I'm hoping that she'll ditch her date and come to me.
 
 
It's getting cold so I rub my palms together.
 
 
I feel tense thinking.
 
 
Is she coming? Does she like him? What will I do if she does?
 
 
I close my eyes....this waiting is killing me.
 
 
 
                   “Hae Won sshi....Hae Won ah...please come...”
 
 
 
 
                   “Why are you waiting there in the cold?”
 
 
I turn around. Hae Won's smiling face awaits me. A big smile curls my lips.