Special Chapter---Fiction within a fiction

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Junsu: Hello everyone! I’m Kim Junsu of JYJ and this is my girlfriend In HaeWon.

[Crowd claps.]

Haewon: Hi. My name is In Haewon. (Blushes)

Junsu: Ayyy….cute!! (Doting BF)

[The floor director waves at them]

Junsu: Ah! I’m sorry….(bows to the crowd)

Haewon: Junsu Oppa, why are we here today?

Junsu: The Baddest chick in the Game is reaching its end. We received a lot of love from the readers so we are here to thank them. 

Haewon: Yeah right. And because of that, we will have a special chapter today with the author.

Junsu: (nods) So now, let’s call the author of TBCITG----Lady_Ainee!

[Lady_Ainee enters]

 

Lady_Ainee: Hello. I’m M.C. De Leon----also known as Lady_Ainee in Asianfanfics and Winglin.

Haewon: Good day Authornim! We will be joining you for today’s special.

Lady_Ainee: Good day too. (Smiles) By the way, where are Kim Jaejoong sshi, Athena sshi, Park Yoochun sshi and Park Ha sshi?

Junsu: They are still busy working on TBCITG last chaps. Yoochun hyung and Park Ha are BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP.

Haewon: Why did you say it Oppa?! The readers don’t know about it yet….

Junsu: (Covers his mouth) Oh my Godsun….Did I blew it?

Lady_Ainee: Don’t worry, it was bleeped so the readers won’t know.

Junsu: (sighs) Thank Goodness...

Haewon: I think the readers are now curious what this special chapter is all about. Why don’t we start?

Junsu: (Finally recovers) Yes, This chapter will contain some fun facts about TBCITG. We will know some inside stories while Lady_Ainee writes this fanfic.

Lady_Ainee: That’s true Kim Junsu sshi. Today, I will share to you 20 fun facts and my thoughts in the making of this story.

 

[They sit on the couch and watch the video of the behind-the-chapters of The Baddest Chick in the Game]

 

 

*The Baddest Chick in the Game Fun Facts*                                                                        

 

 

1. I was thinking about Eris, Erin, or Athena to be the lead’s name at first but Eris is a Greek goddess of chaos, strife, and discord that I dropped it while Erin might be so remarkable because of Julia Robert’s ‘Erin Brockovich’.  I ended up with Athena instead.

 

2. The scene that took me the longest time to write is the last scene at chapter 11. scene is something I never tried before. I did my best to handle writing this delicate scene without making it vulgar and graphic. The other two love scenes on the other chapters are easier after this. But still, that bed scene part took me a literal half day to write in one sitting. I think there are even times that I grabbed my own hair as I look at my laptop’s monitor due to frustration. (Hehe…..my younger sister stared at me with the expression like ‘She has gone crazy…’)

 

3. I write sad and emotional scene after or while listening to sad songs. I think they gave me the feeling I want to achieve for those emotional scenes. (I even cried while writing them kekeke…..)

 

4. Junsu and Haewon’s first meeting was inspired by a scene from the TV series ‘Scent of a Woman’. I was watching a fanmade video of Junsu’s You are so Beautiful which is the show’s ost. In the video there is a scene where Kim Sun Ah’s character won a date with Xiah. (Junsu made a cameo as himself) Then the idea came to me about a Junsu oneshot----turned to be subplot here.

 

4. 2 Most of the fanfic I read, Junsu has a playful and childish character. I wonder, can’t he be a serious guy? So in my version, he is still a fun character but with a serious side. I want to portray him in a way that he could be a bit silly yet sweet guy like a real-life prince charming. (I hope that’s what you see in him)

4.3 Haewon is a sweet and innocent lady. I think she’s a woman that fits Junsu. I watched a video of a ballerina performing with ‘My Heart Will Go On’ song and I fell in love with the emotion and graceful moves of the ballerina and from that, I felt like Haewon will be good if I make her a ballerina. I imagined Haewon’s character dancing on the studio while Junsu watches over her. (The scene where Junsu accidentally see her while practicing her part on the play.) Also, Junsu is a great dancer so they match Hehe…(Their story is my version of a modern fairy tale. I don’t know if you felt it that way or it’s just me Hehe…)

 

5. Yoochun and Park Ha’s story is an idea that pops out from a question I once had in my mind. Do idols try to see fanfics? It might be blurry to imagine since most fanfics are written in English. It can be bothersome….no offense meant here. In my case, I won’t read a foreign material where I have to look at the dictionary to know what it means (Got my point?) but since Park Yoochun can speak and understand English there’s no problem. So…came up with the concept of fanfic writer and idol romance. (Their love story is all about a fangirl’s secret hope to be with her idol and bitter reality (sasaengs and secret relationship)

 

5.2 I don’t know much about sasaengs actually so I have to do a research. I even remember some of the readers were kind enough to give me some information regarding it.

5.3 In the scene where Yoochun got an advice from Yoochwan, the first draft contains Yoochun’s mom but then I realize, it will be a bit awkward to talk about stuff like this. Yoochun would probably dismiss the topic, tell his mom ‘Goodnight’ and return immediately to his room. So even if I was halfway on that scene, I changed mom to Yoohwan. Yoochun would be more comfortable talking about it with his brother.

 

6. Athena’s movie plot with No Minwoo and Gyuri is the plot of a fanfic I’m thinking to write with the Yonghwa-Seohyun pairing. (I hope I have the time to write that soon)

 

7. One time I was at the comfort room of a mall. While washing my hands and checking myself in the mirror, I see Athena and BoA’s encounter at the comfort room scene in my head so I write it. (You probably think I’m weird…)

 

8. Athena is a complex character. She’s tough and badass outside but caring and scarred inside. She has dramatic and painful scenes but the one I cried a lot with (because I felt her feelings) is on chapter 46 where she got angry at her mom for setting up a dinner with Senator Lee. She let out her hatred against her mom’s martyrdom with her words. Also, her confrontation with Senator Lee….I like that one too. (“I never once asked anything from you…never demanded anything, never once complained……How can you be so cruel? Aren’t I your daughter too?!”) that line is painful.

 

9. Smash Into You by Beyonce is the title of the song on chapter 60 where Athena and Jaejoong entered a record shop. Athena was bothers by people watching them so Jaejoong puts on a headset to her and plays this while he says a romantic line. I think the lyrics fit that scene.

 

10. I originally plan to write only Athena’s interview in Healing Camp but not the Running Man chapter but because of the reaction I got from the readers, I wrote it. I’m happy with the result when I read both chapters. I watch RM so I know things about it and what might happen once JYJ becomes the guests there but I never once watch HC so I don’t know much about it. I read an episode review of HC on the net and so I did the letter part but I didn’t really follow the HC format.

 

11. If there are chapters that I like, there are also parts that I’m not proud of. Hehe…

 

11.2 First example is the slap Jaejoong gave Athena’s rear end during chap. 22. It was not initially included when I wrote it but at the last minute, I put it there with the intention of making it funny (As a woman, I wouldn’t like a guy to do that to me even if he’s Kim jaejoong---honestly) but I decided to go against my own feelings since it’s NOT about me. Then a reader commented that she wouldn’t like something like that (So we felt the same…) and I kinda regret putting that part.

11.3 Second example is the zodiac sign part from chap. 44. To think that I even did a research on that……(Readers might think, ‘Is the author trying to be a fortune teller or something?’) Now when I read it I thought-----‘What were you thinking?!’

 

12. Profanity and Vulgarity of words…..I’m a person who is not fond of cursing or using profanity so it’s out of my character to drop those kinds of words. But with the story I’m telling, I have to do it. (For those who didn’t like it, I’m asking for an apology.) Also, the hate comments I included in the story is quite hard for me. I never once posted a hate comment before so when I have to do it, I have to look at articles about various celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Britney Spears in order to know how to write hate comments. You might laugh at me because of it but it’s true. I feel sorry towards the person whenever I read an article about them and see hate comments against them but I don’t really remember those hate words I read so I have to look back. My brother saw me doing that and he said that I’m the only person he know who has to look for reference when writing a hate comment. Hehe….

 

13. Character’s dialogues….They might be dramatic, cheesy, or sweet---depends on how the reader perceives it. I wrote those lines not because that’s what I want but I felt like those are what the character will say on the situation they are facing. (Some are realllyyy long I must say…) But in a story where you only have words to show emotions or actions I think words should really do the works. That is my way to show the reader the heart and mind of the character. I hope some of them gave impact on you…..Here are some of my favorite lines. ^-^

 

 

            “It’s like the chain I put on to myself had been removed. It feels liberating but this freedom makes me scared even more. I’m not comfortable without it....my heart is burdened and heavy.”-Athena (Chap. 49 Snowflakes)

 

            “To be haunt by the love you turned your back to….that’s your curse. Learn to live with that….I’ll have to carry my own curse too.”---Athena to No Minwoo (Chap. 71 Closure)

 

            “Maybe you forgot that I’m an actress? I can act like I really love you.” & “Yes, you are an actress.....you can also act like you don’t love me...”—Athena & Jaejoong (Chap 71 Closure)

 

            “Can’t you see, I’m at my best when I’m with you....without you, I get afraid and useless...Even though the situation feels suffocating but when I’m with you, I can breathe. Unlike what you think, It’s not always you who needs me....I also need you.”—Jaejoong (Chap. 71 Closure)

 

            “I always know that separation is eventually going to happen but why does my heart feel hurt?”—Park Ha (Chap. 75 Beyond her reach)

 

            “I was the one who was hurt and now I have to forgive her too? Don’t you think that it’s unfair?”Yoochun (Chap. 81 Yoochun’s Affirmation) This line has full of angst but what he said is true…..

 

            “It took me a bit long to get you but uh….I finally got you……”—Jaejoong on his letter for Athena  (Chap. 78 Healing Camp)

 

            “Learn to accept your ups and downs. Embrace your strength and weakness together………. Life, like a coin has two sides. One that is wicked and brutal while the other side represent boundless beauty and happiness……With all the things that happened in my life, I think I’m fortunate to see both sides…..And the coolest part of my journey is that…… I’ve been to both places.”Athena (Chap. 78 Healing Camp)

 

            “I got rejected but then I had a great time with a total stranger.”—Haewon (Chap. 74 The Top Bidder)

 

            “I can't find the right word to describe it but it's like a mermaid dancing underwater or if angels are real then I think this is how they’ll look like when they fly with their wings.”—Junsu while watching Haewon dance (Chap. 29 The reunion of the “Stood Up” Pair)

 

            "I don`t want talk about my future, Oppa. Because everything you`re saying makes it perfectly clear that you`re not going to be in it."---Haewon (Chap.83 Notification)

 

            “In the next life, I still want to be your mother. Whether it’s a smooth or rough life, let’s meet again as a mother and daughter.”Athena’s mom (Chap. 59 Inner Demons) I cried a lot because of the letter Athena’s mom wrote for her. It makes me miss my own mother…..she already passed away too….

 

            “You have been loved when I have been loathed so you wouldn’t possibly see life the way I see it. Do you know how cruel and frightening this world can be? To the extent that you feel like living another day is a punishment?”—Athena (Chap. 59 Inner Demons)

 

            “I don’t think I’d be able to patiently wait for destiny to bring you back to me.”—Junsu (Chap. 85 One More Day)

 

            “Do you know why I’m with you?-----Because I believe that only a Kim Jaejoong can handle being Athena’s man.”---Athena (Chap.61 The Baeksang Awards)

 

            “I’m not perfect. I got my bad side…I have flaws but you….you see pass all that….”—Athena (Chap. 61The Baeksang Awards)

 

            “She really got me. I fell for the baddest chick of them all.”Jaejoong (Chap. 38 Scandal Trouble)

 

            “He’s way too good for me and personally, I can’t even figure out why would Jaejoong choose me...I don’t know why he loves me...but that’s why I love him.”Athena (Chap. 65)

 

            “Don’t pay attention to what other people will say. Look only at me…Listen only to me…You don’t have to be perfect for them because you already are for me and that’s the only thing that matters…”Jaejoong (Chap. 60 Under the public eye) I think what he said is really romantic. ^-^

 

 

14. Yunho and Changmin---I will admit, I started noticing JYJ when they are no longer a part of DBSK. I had seen them as DBSK before but I wasn’t really interested back then. (No offense meant for Cassies.) So I’m not really familiar with the DBSK duo. Some might wonder why on my two Jaejoong fics, Changmin and Yunho only has cameos and it’s because I’m not really familiar with them. I’m afraid that I won’t give justice if I try to touch up on them. I included them in the chapter 85 and as you notice it is short. I only wrote base on what I think they feel and I didn’t include much because I don’t know what kind of personality they have….

 

15. Couple’s Moments----Everyone has their favourite. The sweetness, cuteness, and cheesiness….It depends on the reader’s taste. So here are my top picks:

 

Junsu-Haewon: The bidding where Junsu secretly hired a woman to aid Haewon in bidding for him. Haewon is sweet and innocent in this chap. She was sad thinking that she lost the chance of winning him but Junsu literally bought himself for her. Though the thought of what he did is funny, still Junsu shows his ‘Prince Charming’ self in here. (Ferris Wheel date is cute too.)

 

Yoochun-Park Ha: When Yoochun suddenly shows up at Park Ha’s door and she cooks for him. It is simple yet sweet for me. It exudes the feeling of a romance starting to bloom.

 

Athena-Jaejoong: This is it…..I know that there are lots to choose from Hehe…..But honestly I love the moments where they are only standing, lying, and sitting next to each other. I don’t know but for me those moments radiate strong auras of their love for one another.

 

            *Elevator scene—you might say ‘What?! Where’s the strong love there?’ Yes, Athena doesn’t know Jae back then and she even treated him in a harsh way here but it’s already the start of Jaejoong’s curiosity for her.

 

            *Athena’s birthday-Jae goes to her house. Remember when they silently eat while facing each other and Athena cries? For the first time in long years, she got somebody to eat with her and it moves her but Jaejoong doesn’t know that but he gives her time to cry. Then they lie on the floor back to back as they talk. They sincerely talk for the first time.

 

            *When they sit side by side outside Athena’s house and the snowflakes falls---Jaejoong makes her feel that even if she lost her main purpose for living (her mom) she still have him.

 

            *When they stroll along the hospital garden—nobody speaks. Athena accused Jae that he only pities her which made him upset. Athena doesn’t feel comfortable making him upset. It was their first serious fight/misunderstanding yet ends up with a sweet scene when Jae ties up her hair with a handkerchief.

 

            *At Jaejoong’s parent’s home—They sit together with a thin wall between them.

 

            *When Jae suddenly arrives at Athena’s place in LA---He let her know how he missed her through his action. (Yeah it is a bed scene but I think it is romantic….)

 

There are some other scenes that I just love too…

 

            *The way they speak about each other on chap. 67. (I feel the love between them…)

 

            *When Jaejoong puts on a headset on Athena and says a romantic line.

 

16. Songs---I think with the songs I listened with influenced my writing….If this fic will have ost it will include the ff:

 

            *Boy’s Letter-JYJ song where Athena was featured on its MV. 

            *Troublemaker by Hyun Seung feat HyunA

            *Reason by 4Men-(I know this is Secret Garden’s OST but I think the lyrics fit Athena and Jaejoong’s romance too.)

            *You are so Beautiful by Junsu-He sang it for Haewon during their first meeting.

            *I knew I love you before I met you by Savage Garden---For Park Ha and Yoochun. (Yoochun’s version is good too.)

            *My Prerogative by Britney Spears-The songs is like Athena’s attitude.

            *Piece of Me by Britney Spear-I already mentioned that this song gives me the inspiration to write this fic.

            *Smash Into You by Beyonce is a very romantic song. It is filled with love and the message applies to Jae-Athena couple.

 

17. JYJ Interaction-I remember someone telling me that I was able to capture JYJ’s interactions quite well. (Thank you so much! I’m really happy with that compliment) Actually, when it comes to real people characters, I write based on how I think they would act on the situation being presented to them. How do I that? I watched some videos of them and I observe what kind of personality or behaviours each one has. (Still I don’t know them personally so I might not be perfect on that. ) But the key for me is being observant. ^-^

 

18. For those new readers or Winglin readers…..For Athena’s dress in the Baeksang, I posted three photos of dresses and asked the readers which one should Athena wear for that awards night. One is the dress worn by Amanda Seyfried at the SAG Awards which gives a classy and elegant look. The second one is Miranda Kerr’s Zuhair Murad’s dress she wore at the Golden Globes that shows a y and sophisticated look while the last one is another Miranda Kerr runway dress that gives the Goddess Look. The second and the third dress got the most votes but in the end the second one came on top with a few more votes. (Hehe…Thank you again for those who voted on that.) Here are the dresses again.

 

 

 

Amanda-Seyfried-In-Zac-Posen-2013-SAG-Aw

 

 

 

Golden-Globes-Awards-Miranda-Kerr-Orland

 

 

 

miranda_kerr_hits_the_runway_in_mexico_c

 

 

 

 

19. Apart from JYJ, Athena worked with handsome guys along the story. It includes Kang Dong Won (Drama she’s doing during the early part of the fic) No Min Woo (Movie) Kim Soo Hyun (TV special) So Ji Sup & Lee Min Ki (TV Drama in the middle part of the fic) Robert Pattinson (Hollywood movie) Mike He & Wu Chun (Taiwan TV Drama) and HyunBin (MC partner during the Baeksang)----I think she’s really lucky. Hehe…

 

20. The plot used for Athena’s Taiwan TV series is the story of It Started with a Wedding. Did anyone notice? Hehe...^-^

 

 

Junsu: Wow! That's a lot….I didn’t know those things until now.

Haewon: I love the songs….

Junsu: The dialogues are interesting too. (Turns to Lady_Ainee) Authornim, thank you so much for making this story.

Lady_Ainee: I’m also thankful to the two of you and the other couples. Anyway, I’m still in the process of writing the finale. I already finished one so one more to go. Please wait patiently and let us all hope for a great result.

[Camera turns to Junsu and Haewon]

 

Haewon: On behalf of TBCITG characters, we would like to thank every subscribers and readers. Thank you for following our stories.

Junsu: Thank you for liking all the couples. I’m really happy to be a part of one of those couples. Because of this story, I get to meet Haewon.

[The audience cheers loudly.]

Haewon: And I met him too. (chuckles)

[Lady_Ainee smiles awkwardly beside them.]

Junsu: Please watch out for the finale. Is there a happy ending for Yoochun hyung and Park Ha? Do Jaejoong hyung and Athena sshi broke up after two years? Let’s find out on the conclusion of the story.

Haewon: Please send your love and support to THE BADDEST CHICK IN THE GAME!

All: Fighting!!!