Scandal for Jaejoong

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
 
 
I just close my eyes as Yoochun and Junsu's laughter reign inside the van.
 
 
 
                 “Seriously, how could you end up having this?” Yoochun says holding the tablet.
 
My picture buying sanitary napkin is the hot topic on the net now.
 
                 “Did she make you buy this in exchange of looking after Jiji?” Yoochun adds glancing at the picture once more.
 
                 “Athena sshi should recognized how much affection you have for her....enough to humiliate yourself like this in public hyung..” Jusu comments. 
 
I cover my face with my hands.
 
                 “This is embarrassing...” I groan.
 
                 “Look...I'm going to read some netizen comments...” says Yoochun.
 
                 “For who are you buying them for Oppa?!”
 
                 “Among the items in the store, why does it has to be THAT thing oppa?!”
 
                 “Seeing Jaejoong oppa buying this makes him look like a .”
 
                 “Buy me some too Oppa!”
 
                 “Totally funny if he'll get a napkin CF after this! LOL!”
 
                 “Stop it.” I say covering my ears.
 
Our manager enters the van.
 
                 “How are we going to explain that?” he asks.
 
 
 
I shrug my shoulders and lean to the seat. I used to help my sisters buy those things for them when we were young so it is not something new for me but I never imagined that it will be my nightmare now.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
After two days...

 

Athena's POV

 
 
                      “Athena, the repair shop called.” Ms. Go says.
 
 
I'm in the middle of having my hair done for the movie shoot. I look at her through the mirror in front of me.
 
 
                      “They accidentally gave your laptop to another customer.”
 
                      “What? How did that happen?”
 
                      “They said the attendant mistaken it for that customer's laptop.”
 
                      “Does it mean I won't get it back?”
 
                      “No. Of course we'll have it back. The good thing is that the customer who got your laptop is a celebrity too.”
 
                      “Who?”
 
                      “Park Yoochun.”
 
                      “Park Yoochun? JYJ?”
 
                      “Hm.” she nods.
 
I breathe out.
 
                      “Alright...tell the repair shop to send us Park Yoochun's laptop. I'll be meeting Jaejoong anyway to give Jiji back.” I say whilst gently Jiji which is resting in my lap.
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong's POV

 
 
                     “This is not mine.” I hear Yoochun say holding a red laptop.
 
                     “Why, was it switched to another one? You got the wrong one hyung?” Junsu asks.
 
                     “Call the repair shop. Tell them they sent you the wrong laptop.” I say.
 
Obviously they mistaken it for that laptop since it's the same model.
 
Yoochun turns on the laptop and explore it's contents.
 
                     “Huh?” Yoochun utter while looking at some photos with Junsu.
 
                     “Jaejoong hyung....the photos here are taken from Athena's fan meeting event. Is it possible that it's hers?” Junsu says.
 
                     “Maybe a fan---” I say but I stop after a certain picture caught my attention.
 
                     “Those are the flowers I gave her.”
 
I see the pictures of the whole flower basket then the roses in the wine bottles that I saw on her kitchen counter.
 
                      “So the repair shop unknowingly sent me Athena's laptop?” Yoochun reacts. “Then we should look at what she was browsing at.” he says looking at the search history.
 
 
The three of us are surprised when we see lots of articles about me and some concert videos too.
 
 
                      “Oh My God....she's searching you on the net hyung!” Junsu says.
 
                      “She reads a lot about you. It means she's also interested in you.” Yoochun says.
 
A smile flashes on my face.
 
                      “I told you right? She likes me too...”
 
I know that my happy mood won't be spoiled by anything today.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Athena's POV

 
 
I went to C-Jes Office to meet JYJ at the recording studio. 
 
                       “Anneyonghaseyo Athena sshi!” Junsu is the first person I've seen when I enter.
 
The genuine smile in his face make me smile too.
 
                       “Anneyonghaeyo.” I greet back.
 
He sees me holding Jiji on my right hand while holding Yoochun's laptop bag on the other.
 
                       “This is Yoochun hyung's laptop right? Let me help you.” he takes the bag from me.
 
There are two other guys in the room operating on the recording equipments. They stand up and greet me.
 
                       “They're still inside the recording booth...” Junsu says pointing to thick glass wall. I see Jaejoong and Yoochun there. Both have their headsets on. Not singing but talking something about what I think is the lyrics written in the music sheet.
 
                       “We are working on a bonus song that we will add for the album re-packaging.” 
 
I nod.
 
Yoochun came out.
 
                      “Athena sshi! Nice to see you.”
 
                      “Good evening. I hope I'm not a disturbance.” I say.
 
                      “Absolutely not. We are glad to be visited by you.” he glances at the crews. “I think not only us....actually that guy over there is your avid fan.” he points the guy.
 
                      “Hello again.” I say making him feel shy. Junsu and Yoochun laugh.
 
The crews left the room.
 
                      “Did you come alone?”
 
                      “My manager is in the van. I'm not going to stay long. I just dropped by to exchange the laptops.”
 
                      “Ah...yeah the laptops...sorry you have to come here  yourself for that.”
 
                      “It's okay...Jiji...” We stop because Jaejoong came out of the booth.
 
                      “Athena! When did you arrived? Why didn't you guys called me?”
 
                      “We are having a small talk here..” Yoochun says.
 
                      “Here's Jiji.” 
 
                      “Hi Jiji! How are you?” Jaejoong takes Jiji from Junsu.
 
                      “It looks like he had a great time staying with Athena sshi...” Junsu comments.
 
Yoochun comes near with my laptop on his hand.
 
                      “You guys looks like Jiji's parents.” he states.
 
                      “We look good together right?” Jaejoong says smiling.
 
                      “I mean, you look like a divorced couple sharing custody of the kid.” Yoochun jokes making Junsu laugh loudly. 
 
                      “What?! We haven't started yet and you're already talking about divorce?”
 
I control a laugh. These guys know how to play well by themselves. Jaejoong turns to me.
 
                       “You are lauging too? How about you, why are you secretly checking on me?” 
 
                       “Huh?”
 
                       “I saw the contents of that laptop earlier. You got the photos of the flowers that “Ms. Go kept”.
 
                       “F-flowers?”
 
                       “Yeah...And how will you explain the articles and videos about me?” 
 
He looks like a kid trying to tease.
 
                       “That's not me...It's Ms. Go. She's your fan.” I deny.
 
He doesn't seem to be convinced by my lame answer.
 
                       “It's okay Athena sshi...everyone is entitled to search or watch whatever they want on their own laptops.” Junsu says.
 
                        “Yeah...Jaejoong hyung has his laptop filled with s.” Yoochun reveals.
Jaejoong's eyes got big. I was flustered too.
 
                        “W-what?! What are you talking about?! I don't have them!” he panickly says.
 
                        “There's a lot there Jaejoong hyung!” Yoochun didn't back down.
 
                        “Hyung, I remember you are asking how to download s just the other day.” Junsu also joins.
 
                        “What?! Yah! Junsu...Yoochun how dare you try to bully me!I'm your hyung!”
 
I look at the time.
 
                        “I'll leave now.” I bow and headed for the door.
 
                        “Athena....You guys! Wait 'till I get back....You'll really get it this time.” Jaejoong threatens them.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
                      “Wait...are you really going?”
 
Jaejoong follows me on the hallway.
 
                      “I just dropped by to bring Jiji since you already returned.”
 
I continue to walk.
 
                      “Thank you for looking after Jiji. I really appreciate it.”
 
I stop and stick out mypalm.
 
                      “$10 dollars per hour. Since it's 48 hours, that makes it $480.”
 
                      “Huh?”
 
                      “You don't have it? Okay.” I walk again and enters the elevator.
 
He rides the elevator too.
 
                      “I'll treat you for a meal.” he says.
 
                      “If it's not money then we have nothing to discuss.”
 
                      “Aishh....chincha! Why are you making it difficult?”
 
                      “Difficult? I just said that if you really appreciate it then, pay me money instead but if you can't then it's okay..end of discussion. You are the one who's making it difficult for yourself.”
 
 
                      “Showing gratitude for a favor done is best shown through a great meal. Why do you keep talking about money? It's not like you are financially supporting some families.”
 
Here comes his simple-mindedness again....
 
                      “For me, the best way to show gratitude is through money. There's no such thing as free ride anymore. And yes, I'm not financially supporting any family but I like money. I really really really like money so what?”
 
                      “You are really impossible at times you know that?”
 
I shrug my shoulders
 
                      “I don't expect you to understand me anyway.”
 
                      “Aren't you going to consider it? Don't you even feel sorry for me because of the napkin scandal?”
 
                      “Well, I didn't forced you....you did that willingly. Also, why would I feel guilty about that when you bought that for your older sister right?”
 
The public statement they released regarding that incident says that Jaejoong bought that as an errand for her sister and it should not be a big deal. 
 
The elevator opens and I walk to the wide underground parking area. 
 
 
                        “I had no idea until I saw them in your laptop earlier...Next time, if you're curious about some things...you can ask me directly..”
 
He finally gave up on that gratitude topic but he decided to bring up my laptop research history
instead. I secretly roll my eyes.
 
                        “Is it fun?” I asks with a fake smile.
 
He nods smiling.
 
                        “Not that. I mean watching s. You have a collection of downloaded s right?” I .
 
His face becomes red because of that.
 
                        “N-no that's not t-true! Yoochun and Junsu...they just made that up. I don't have s there!” he denies.
 
His embarrassed reaction is really funny so I laugh hard and I have to stop walking because of that. Imagining his face as he focus watching at those kinds of thing is really hilarious.
 
                        “Why? It's not funny!”
 
                        “Y-yes...it...is!” I manage to say in between my laugh.
 
                        “I said it's not true...”
 
                        “It's okay...you don't have to explain..”
 
                        “Why don't you believe me? None of what they said is true.”
 
                        “You never watched before?” I ask.
 
He swallows before answering in a low tone.
 
                        “I-I did...” he shyly admits though his stammers.
 
                        “See? Aha....” it's really fun to bully him at times because of his entertaining reaction.
 
We continue to walk.
 
                        “But honestly....you checked on me on the net right? That's why you know that I don't get drunk.” he says afterwards.
 
Gosh! I though I already swayed the topic. He still not planning to let this go.
 
                        “Alright. Let's say, I really did that....Does it proved anything?”
 
                        “Maybe not for you but it's more than enough proof for me.”
 
 
 
Kid Jaejoong totally vanished because he overcome his embarrassment. He's on the Teasing Jaejoong mode again.
 
                       “Aigoo....tsk...tsk...tsk...I guess I won't be getting enough sleep again tonight because I found out that you secretly checked on me.”
 
                       “Why are you putting the blame on me? Is it my fault if you don't sleep well?”
 
                       “Of course! Because you are starting to have a crush on me.”
 
I secretly sigh.
 
                       “This won't do.....I'll make you stay up all night too.”
 
                       “Why?What are---”
 
 
Like a thunder speed, he claims my lips. I know I should push him away but my hands are not listening and just froze there. His kiss is sweet and hypnotic....reminding me the exact feeling of that night.
 
 
Our lips parted and he stare at me straight to the eyes.
 
 
                        “There...both of us will be sleepless tonight...take care...bye...”
 
He gave a dashing smile before sprinting away.
 
                        “Yah.....Babo ah...” I say carelessly.
 
Why did I just let him steal a kiss?
 
I feel my thumping heart with my hand.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
[Preview for the next chapter]
 
 
 
 
I yawn. That Jerk! I really didn't sleep well last night.
 
 
                      “Be ready on my signal...” Ms. Go says.
 
 
The bodyguards made sure for my path before I come out of the van. It's really early in the morning and papz are  all around me and it's difficult to move.
 
                      “Give way man!” one of the bodyguard ordered the paparazzi on the way.
 
I yawn again.
 
                      “Athena....what can you say about your latest scandal?” I hear one of them asks.
 
 
What? Scandal? What scandal?
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Comments please! ^_^