Idle Times

The Baddest Chick in the Game

 

Hae Won’s POV

 
 
 
 
                       “Break!”
 
 
 
I nod at the others. I won’t be eating with them because I plan to stay in the studio since I brought some lunch with me.
 
                       “Here.” A bottled water appears in front of me.
 
I stop untying my pointe shoes and looks at the owner of that hand. I smile upon confirming that it’s the person I’m expecting.
 
 
                        “Kamsahamnida,  Junsu sshi.” I say taking the water from him.
 
He sits next to me.
 
 
                        “It’s lunch time. Aren’t you going out for a bite?”
 
I shake my head.
 
                        “I bought my lunchbox.”
 
                        “Ah..”
 
                        “Why? Are you planning to invite me for lunch?” I smile at him.
 
                        “Ah…yes..” he admits shyly.
 
                        “Actually…I have the same thing in mind.”
 
 
He looks at me. I bring out the lunch boxes from my bag.
 
 
 
                        “You brought two?” 
 
                        “Yes. I prepared two. It’s some sort of thank you for sending me home and apology for not recognizing you right away.”
 
A big smile flashes on his face.
 
 
                        “I’ll accept it wholeheartedly.” He says.
 
We lay the cloth on the floor and settle there to have our lunch.
 
                        “This is nothing compared to the restaurant foods but I hope you’ll like it.”
 
                        “What are you saying? I prefer homemade meals.” 
 
 
He opens the food container and based on his facial expression, it seems like he is satisfied with what he sees. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
Yoochun’s POV
 
 
 
 
I glance at my phone. I received some SMS from some friends but nothing yet from the one I’m expecting. 
 
 
 
 
                        “Has she seen it?” I whisper to myself.
 
 
 
It’s impossible for Park Ha not to see it because it’s her house after all. I purposely left my wristwatch on the sink area on the bathroom the other day. I did that so that I’ll have a reason to meet her again but it’s the second day now and she hasn’t contacted me yet.
 
 
 
                        “Should I send her a message?” 
 
I hold the phone tightly as I carefully think whether to send a SMS or not.
 
 
The break time is almost over so I move to have my makeup retouched.
 
 
                         “I’ll hold your phone for you.” Manager hyung says. He noticed that I’m not using it but had been holding it since earlier.
 
                         “Maybe later.” I answer.
 
                         “Are you waiting for a call or something?” he asks.
 
                         “Hm.” 
 
 
Suddenly it vibrated under my palm making me anticipate. I checked it right away.  A smile draws to my face. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

No Min Woo

 
 
 
We boarded the crew bus to get to the next location. We just ate lunch so everyone is on siesta mode. I look at the other side where Athena is sitting alone next to the window. Nobody dare to sit next to her which I think she prefers. She has earphones on and her eyes are close as she breathes calmly. 
 
 
 
 
                      “She became prettier right?”
 
 
I look at Gyuri who’s sitting next to me. She noticed that I’m staring at Athena.
 
 
                      “You know what oppa? I really regret what I did to her but I know that no matter how I say sorry, it won’t revive our friendship. It frustrates me a lot.” 
 
 
I saw the loneliness in her eyes. It’s not that long since she told me the truth about that drug scandal. During that time, what I had in mind is to save my career and knowing whether she’s guilty or not was not my priority.
 
 
 
                       “If I only got myself straight right away, this won’t happen....I guess all three of us are happily sitting side by side by now.”
 
I didn’t speak.
 
 
                        “You still love her, don’t you?” she asks.
 
I didn’t answer.
 
                        “I know you. The way you look at her now is the same as before.”
 
I sigh.
 
                        “Maybe there’s still a chance for you. Between the two of us, I did worse to her. You are her first love so it is possible to win her back.  Work for her forgiveness and love her properly this time.” She says.
 
                        “Is it really possible?” I say almost whispering.
 
 
I can no longer deny that my feelings for her returned as I see her everyday. 
Gyuri puts her hand on top of mine.
 
 
                        “You once captured her heart so I’m sure that you’ll be able to do that again. Min Woo oppa, hwaiting.”
 
 
 
I feel somehow relieved that there’s somebody who knows I truly feel. It’s really difficult to keep it all to myself given the circumstance I’m in. 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 

Jaejoong’s POV

 
 
 
I just finished a scene and since it’s already time for lunch, the director decided to continue with the next scene later. My fans treat the entire crew with appetizing buffet foods so I got a lot of praise from the staff and my co-stars.  
 
 
 
 
                       “Jaejoong ah...aren’t you going to eat?” Song Seung Hun hyung asks.
 
                       “I’ll just get something from the van hyung. I’ll follow you there.” I answer.
 
                       “Okay, we’ll reserve you a seat.” He says.
 
 
I went inside the van and take out my phone. I immediately typed a message for Athena.
 
                Have you eaten?
 
I was about to press the send button but I change my mind and decided to make a call instead.
 
 
                       “Yoboseyo?” a man answered my call.
 
 
I stare at the number I pressed but it really is Athena’s number. I couldn’t possibly get it wrong because aside from it is saved in my phone, I also got it memorized.
 
                      “This is Athena’s phone.” He says.
 
                      “Then...who’s this?” I ask.
 
                      “This is No Min Woo.”
 
 
 
My back automatically straightens from leaning on the seat. I hope this is not what I think it is.