67.

Do you believe in aliens?

"Oh.. you're moving?" The old man looked quite sad. "That's ashame. I was glad to see someone like you and your family living in my house, I knew it would be taken care of." He chuckled to himself.

"Ahh, well you see it's just me living there now." You sighed. "The boys had to... move away."

"Move away?" The old man raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure they didn't fly back home?" He chuckled to himself.

"What?" You looked at him confused.

"I know about them." He almost whispered.

"What do you mean?" You were surprised.

"They're... aliens right?" He raised his eyebrow. "I knew they were as soon as I met them."

"You.. how did you know that?" Your eyes widened.

"I met an alien just like them when I was younger." He laughed. "You know... she was female. What planet was it she was from... Moto? Mata?"

"Mato." You corrected him.

"Mato! That's it!" He smiled, pleased with himself. 

"I can't believe you met an alien too. So, what was she like?" You asked curious.

"She was beautiful." He let out a sigh. "She was such a lovely person. So shy, but so caring."

"I know someone like that." You smiled and thought about Jongup. "So what happened to her?"

"I married her." He laughed. "She became my wife."

"Seriously?!" You asked surprised. "That is so cute!" 

He just chuckled to himself and nodded. "Yeah we were married for 60 years before she passed away."

"I'm so sorry, I know you told me about your wife passing away before, but I truly am sorry to hear that." You looked at him with sympathy.

"Don't worry, I'm a happy man. I married the woman I loved and lived a happy, wonderful life with her. It was just her time to go." He nodded. 

"I see." You gave him a small smile. "Well, I better get going. You see it's my birthday tomorrow and I need to plan something with my friends and family." You let out a sigh. 

"Ah yes, sorry to keep you." He stood up. "I'm sure it'll be a very enjoyable day, and happy birthday for tomorrow."

"Oh no not at all!" You smiled. "I hope so. Thank you."

He smiled to himself.

"And thank you... for telling me about your wife, it's really cheered me up." You nodded.

"Ahh, were you upset?" He looked at you surprised.

"A little bit, everything just seems to be going downhill from here." You sighed. "I hope you sell your house again, sorry I can't live there anymore."

"Don't worry, everything is going to get better." He smiled as the two of you walked to the door of his home. "I promise."

"Thank you." You smiled. "Goodbye." You waved as you walked away from him towards your home.

"They'll come back, just you wait." He smiled as he watched you walk away before disappearing into his house again. *I hope you have a happy ending, just like me.* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ________-AH!" Hyemi called through your letterbox. "COME ON, OPEN THE DOOR! I HAVE YOUR PRESENT!" She yelled.

"I'm coming!" You sleepily replied and opened the door, she came bursting through. 

"Happy birthday!" She yelled again. "Wow, you look a mess." She laughed.

"I just woke up!" You hissed. "But thank you." You smiled.

"Is Minhyun and Junghye coming around?" Hyemi asked.

"Yeah sometime later on." You said as you made your way to the living room, with Hyemi following.

"Good." She smiled. "What about your parents?"

You shrugged. "They'll either visit me in person or mail the gift to me."

"Oh." Hyemi pouted. "Well open your present then!"

"Okay okay." You smiled and opened the card first. "Awww, you're cute." You smiled as you read the message in it. 

'Happy birthday __________! We've been best friends for exactly 4 years today. Good luck in Busan, I'll miss you~ I love you! Love from Hyemi. ^^ x'

"Thank you." You smiled and started unwrapping the paper to your present, your eyes widened as you looked at the expensive looking box. "What.." You mumbled and quickly opened the box. "Hyemi! You didn't have to." You said shocked.

"Oh but I did have to. It's your 18th birthday!" She smiled. "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" You squealed as you held the necklace up out of the box. It was a simple, silver necklace but it was encrusted with diamonds. It looked beautiful.

"I'm glad you do." Hyemi smiled. "I spent ages trying to decide on which one to get you!"

You threw your arms around her and hugged her tightly. "You really are a great best friend Hyemi, but you didn't have to spend so much!"

"It's fine honestly. You deserve it." She smiled. 

You were just about to say something when the door went. 

"Are you expecting someone?" Hyemi asked confused.

"No.. Minhyun and Junghye won't be round till later and my parents will still be at work..." You slowly stood up and walked to the door and opened it, you jumped back a little when all you saw was a huge bouqet of flowers and lots of balloons.

"Is this where Miss _________ lives?" The delivery boy questionned.

"Em.. yes...it is." You stuttered out. "Can I help you?"

"Delivery!" He called happily. "Happy birthday!"

"T-Thanks." You said quickly. "Can I ask who these are from?"

"I don't know." He looked at you surprised. "I've just been told to deliver them on this date and say happy birthday."

"Oh. I see." You looked at him confused and accepted the flowers off him and Hyemi came and collected the balloons.

"Wow, they flowers are gorgeous! And you even have balloons.. who.. bought these?" She looked as confused as you.

"Oh wait!" The boy said quickly. "I also have this." He pushed a huge box into your doorway. "If you could just sign here..." He pointed and you quickly scribbled your signature.

"Thank you." You smiled and handed it back to him.

"Have a great day!" He smiled and quickly made his way back to his car.

You shut your front door after dragging the present in with the help of Hyemi, you put the flowers in a vase and Hyemi placed the bundle of balloons in your living room. 

"So... I wonder who gave you all this." Hyemi asked confused and looked at the flowers. 

"I know." You reluctantly looked at the present. "Should I open it?"

"Of course!" Hyemi said quickly. "Maybe there will be a birthday card."

"Hmm, maybe." You stood up and made your way over to the present. You unwrapped one layer of the paper and opened the box, to be met with another box. "What the... Is someone playing a trick on me?!" You yelled.

"Just keep opening them to see." Hyemi looked dumbfounded.

You sighed but continued to go through the boxes, eventually you came across a box that was still quite big, that was also quite heavy. You pulled it out of the big box and placed it on the table. "I guess this has stuff in it then!"

"Well.. open it then!" Hyemi smiled.

"Okay.." You reluctantly untied the bow on it and then took the lid off the box. Your eyes widened as you noticed 6 individually wrapped presents sitting in the box. You pulled them all out and lined them up in a row, underneath them in the box was a card. "Finally!" You pulled it out.

"Open it! I want to know who this weird parcel is from." Hyemi laughed. "I wonder why they put it in so many boxes.."

"Probably to annoy me." You frowned as you opened the card, ripping it out the envelope. Your expression dropped when you read it.

"So... who's it from?!" Hyemi said excited.

"The boys." You simply replied whilst staring at it.

"What? How would they.." Hyemi grabbed the card off you and read the message.

"___________! I knew I wouldn't be with you for your birthday, so I planned everything ahead. Did you like the balloons and flowers? Well I thought I would be  nice and get you something sweet. ^.^~ Happy 18th birthday! You're becoming a woman now. Enjoy your day, and I wish you the best for the future! 

P.S there's a present from each of us! We didn't know if we'd all be together or not for your birthday.. so we packed them all together so you got them at the same time. Even if we're not there, pretend we are!!

Lot's of love Himchan, Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo! <3"


"I... they.." Hyemi stuttered and couldn't even say anything.

"They did this for me?" Your voice trembled.

"Quick, open the presents to see what they got you!" Hyemi said quickly.

"O-Okay." You stuttered and quickly opened a smallish present first. It had a little card on it.

'These are for if you ever hurt yourself again, this time it won't be my fault! Happy birthday yeobo~ ^.^ -Himchan"

You looked at it confused and then shook it, something moved about. You quickly tore the paper off and started laughing. Himchan had bought you plasters with Hello Kitty designs on them. "That idiot." You smirked as you placed them on your coffee table. You moved onto the next present, you read the card.

"Happy birthday ________. I know they are your favourite, so now you can listen to them whenever you want. I know you were saving up your money for this, but I got it for you from the store. Enjoy~ -Yongguk." 

You quickly tore the paper off and a huge grin spread on your face. "Yongguk oppa is the best!" You cheered as you looked at your brand new limited edition album he'd got you. "I can't believe he bought me this..."

Hyemi noticed a cutely wrapped parcel on the table. "Open this." Hyemi handed it to you.

You nodded and read the little card on it.

"Yah, Idiot. I can't believe you're 18 now. Don't go and do anything stupid okay? I hope you find a use for this. You can use it when you go to college. Happy birthday~ -Youngjae." 

You tore off the paper and it revealed a brand new ipad. Your eyes almost fell out your skull. "H-How did Youngjae afford this? What the... why did he buy me this!" You stared at it in disbelief.

"I-I've been wanting one for ages! You're so lucky!" Hyemi said amazed, then her eyes glanced over the presents, she noticed a messily wrapped present and quickly looked at the card. "This ones from Daehyun oppa."

"Oh.. I'll open that next!" You smiled and she handed it over to you.

"Happy 18th birthday~ you're catching up with me and Youngjae now hehe. I hope this is of use to you! -Daehyun."

You smiled and opened the present, it was a mug with a cartoon character on it. "I'll use it for when I have hot chocolate."

"Which is almost every night." Hyemi laughed.

"This must be from Zelo." You picked up a bigger present that was wrapped messily, and the wrapping paper was ripped, but had been sealed again with celotape. *He must've tried to fix it, he's so cute.*

"Nooona~ You're getting old now! Happy birthday. Enjoy your day and we can play with this together okay? ^.^ -Zelo."

You opened the parcel and it was a board game, made especially for 8 people. *I wonder how long he thought about this before he bought it.* You laughed at the thought.

"Zelo bought you a board game? I've not played one of those since I was younger.." Hyemi laughed.

"Me neither." You smiled. "Oh, last present.. This must be Jongup's."

Hyemi glanced at you. "Open it." She smiled.

"I.. don't have to." You stubbornly said.

"__________, come on. He would've put a lot of thought into it." Hyemi raised her eyebrow at you. "Come on, open it."

"Fine." You let out a sigh and read the card.

"Happy 18th birthday baby girl! You're really getting old aren't you? I can't believe I'm dating a noona~ hehe kidding. You're still beautiful to me. I love you. Enjoy your day! Love Jongup <3"

You quickly unwrapped the present and dropped the card. A smile was on your face after reading it, but there was still sadness in your eyes. It was a beautiful box with a light blue bow wrapped around it. You opened it slowly and your eyes widened, you carefully picked it up.  It was a beautiful silver charm bracelet with 5 individual charms on it. The charms were a panda, an ice-cream cone, a music note, a bunny and a moon. 

You asked Hyemi to put it on your wrist and admired each individual charm. "Jongup must've chosen them all himself."

"It's beautiful." Hyemi looked at it amazed.

"Yeah, and it'll go with anything.. like your necklace you got me." You smiled. "It's perfect."

"I can't believe he got you something so wonderful." Hyemi smiled.

"I-I miss him Hyemi." You blurted out.

"I know you do ________, I know." She sighed. "Truthfully, I can't stop thinking about Daehyun."

"It's hard right? And then they do stuff like this... it's just so difficult to let go." You sighed. 

"I know." Hyemi sighed. "Come on, you better get ready. I expect Minhyun and Junghye to be around soon."

"Yeah I'll go and shower the now." You smiled.

"I'll tidy up everything for you. I'll keep all your presents together, and get rid of the rubbish and stuff. I'll put your birthday cards up." Hyemi started tidying as soon as you made your way up the stairs.


"I don't care what anyone says, this is the best birthday I've ever had." You smiled as you started getting ready.

-----------------------------------------------------