39.

Do you believe in aliens?

"Himchan. What are you trying to tell me?" Hyosung whined through the laptop.

"I'm telling you, I want to come home. I don't want to do the mission anymore." He sighed.

"Why? The mission is going well so far, is it not?" Hyosung raised her eyebrow.

"Yes governer, it is." He nodded. "But I don't want to be a part of it anymore." 

"Why are you being like this all of a sudden? The other day everything was perfectly fine?" She sighed. "I can't just bring you back to Mato."

"Why not?!" He yelled, frustrated. 

"Because I put you on this mission and you're supposed to complete it." She frowned. "I'm disappointed."

"Well why can't you just bring me back? Don't you miss me?" He smirked.

"Of course I miss you Himchan." She smiled. "But I need this mission to go ahead. If it doesn't, well all our hard work for the past couple of years is going to waste."

Himchan sighed, frustrated. "Can I at least come home sooner than the others?"

"Why do you want to leave so much, has something bad happened?" Hyosung looked confused. "You better not be lying to me Kim Himchan."

"I'm not lying to you, I never would." He tried to force a straight expression, avoiding the urge to smile. "I'm just wanting to return home. I'm sick of it here. I miss Mato."

"Very well. I'll see what I can do." Hyosung nodded.

"I understand." Himchan nodded. 
 
At that moment, you'd returned back from school, without Himchan realising it. You could hear him talking to someone, so you didn't speak up or anything to alert him you'd came home. You looked about confused, *who could be home? Yongguk should still be at work...* You bit your lip nervously. Jongup had gone into his work on the way home to check his shifts for the weekend, Zelo was out with his friends, Youngjae was at the library, again, and Hyemi and Daehyun were going back to her house. 

You crept upto the living room door to eavesdrop on him. 

"Himchan." The most annoying voice you'd ever heard whined through the laptop.

"Yes Hyosung?" You heard Himchan call back to her.

*Hyosung! She's not a friend..* You paused and then suddenly remembered a while back, when you overheard Yongguk talking to everyone about Hyosung.. The governer. It suddenly hit you, she'd been the one to conduct them on the mission and she was in charge of the whole thing. You realised Himchan was the one who must have lied to her on the last call he had with her. You continued to listen in.

"I will see what I can do, you might be able to return to Mato sooner than the others." Her voice whined. "If not, you'll be returning in 2 years like the others."

*What? He's leaving?!* Your eyes widened in shock. *Himchan you can't leave!* 

"Right." He nodded. "Well, contact me soon to find out please Hyosung."

You couldn't take it any longer, you burst through the door. "Himchan you can't leave!" You shouted.

Himchan turned round in surprise, slamming the laptop down quickly so Hyosung couldn't see you.

"What are you doing home?!" He stood up, looking surprised.

"I'm finished school. What are you doing? Why are you talking to her about leaving?!" You were angry, confused and hurt. "I thought you liked it here!"

Little did Himchan know, Hyosung could still hear everything that was being said, she just couldn't see any of you.

"I'm not leaving yet!" Himchan defended.

"Why do you want to leave? I thought you liked it here, I thought you liked being friends with me!" You yelled in anger.

*Friends?* Hyosung thought. *They're 'friends' with this earthling girl?*

"I do, I just can't stand being here anymore. Have you even told Jongup about us?!" Himchan yelled.

"Us? There's no us! We kissed once, you're supposed to be my best friend!" You yelled back at him. "You're supposed to understand!"

"Yeah and do you think he's going to take it well that the love of his life kissed her best friend? Someone who's also supposed to be one of his best friends?!" Himchan scoffed.

*JONGUP IS IN LOVE WITH THIS EARTHLING? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!* Hyosung was angry now. None of them were supposed to fall in love, except for Bang. She knew Yongguk wanted a wife, which she allowed if he completed the mission. Jongup wasn't supposed to fall in love, he was supposed to help fulfill the mission. But what is Himchan doing falling for an earthling? And Kissing her for that matter? That really annoyed Hyosung, which caused her to rethink everything that had been reported to her.

"You're the one who kissed me! I didn't kiss you!" You yelled, so angry at the fact he was doing this right now. "Do you really think I want you to leave?!"

"Yes. I think everyone does! What good am I here? No one actually cares. I might as well go home!" Himchan was getting even more angry by the second.

"That's not true in the slightest and you know it!" You scoffed. "Himchan, do you really think all of your friends want you to leave?"

"Yes." He simply replied.

"Well then you're stupid." You sighed. "Don't you know how much you mean to me now?"

"Clearly not that much, knowing you'd always choose Jongup over me." He frowned.

"You're really doing this to me right now? You're trying to make me choose?" You laughed a bitter laugh. "You know I can't do that! I love you as my best friend, but Jongup's my boyfriend it's completely different!"

*BOYFRIEND? She's actually going out with him?!* Hyosung was getting even more annoyed. *Himchan kissed this girl? He obviously has feelings for her...* This was making her even more angry. *That's it.* She hung up the call quickly and acted as if she hadn't heard anything. *They're coming back to Mato a lot sooner than they all thought!*

"I'm not asking you to choose, I'm asking you to tell him what happened. Tonight." Himchan glared at you. "Otherwise I'm leaving this house, I'm not moving into the new house, I'm quitting my job and losing contact from you until I move back to Mato."

"That's a bit harsh Himchan, you can't be serious." You sighed. "It was a kiss! It's nothing to be drastic about!"

"Ah really?" Himchan sighed. "My feelings aren't even considered."

"I didn't ask you to fall for me." You bluntly said.

"I didn't mean to!" Himchan yelled. "You can't help who you fall for right? Well I guess I just fell for the completely wrong person." He stormed out of the living room, slamming the door shut behind him and leaving the house.

*What the hell have I done.* You sighed and slumped down on the couch, tears formed in your eyes. *Telling Jongup isn't a problem, it's the way he's going to react to everything.* You quickly wiped your eyes and stood up, straightening your uniform out you made your way to the kitchen.

*Everything's fine, nothing happened.* You kept telling yourself whilst you prepared dinner for everyone coming in from school and work.

Not long after Himchan left Daehyun, Jongup and Youngjae finally came through the door. They noticed you were in the kitchen, still in your uniform. Usually you got changed as soon as you came in from school, but you hadn't because you'd been arguing with Himchan.

"Is everything okay?" Daehyun looked at you confused.

"It's fine." You smiled. "Dinner's going to be ready soon, just make yourselves comfy the now." You mumbled.

"Okay.." They all looked at each other confused and then made their way into the living room.

"Something's wrong with her." Jongup announced.

"Well done captain obvious." Youngjae patted Jongup's shoulder. "She's being quiet, oddly quiet. And she still has her uniform on." Youngjae noticed the laptop and walked over to it, it was only half shut. He opened it and noticed there had been a recent call from Hyosung on it, as the call was still up but her side of the line was dead and the video was just black.

"Hyosung called didn't she?" Daehyun noticed Youngjae's confused expression.

"She did.. But how would that effect _______?" Youngjae looked confused.

"Dinner is ready!" They heard you call.

"Come on, we'll work it out later." Jongup stood up and made his way to the kitchen, followed by Daehyun and Youngjae.

"Yongguk should be on his way home from work, I have no idea where Zelo is.. Is he still with his friends?" You questionned them as you sat down.

"I don't know, most likely." Youngjae nodded.

"Where's Himchan?" Daehyun looked about confused.

"Oh, he .. um went out." You paused. "I don't know when he'll be back." 

"Did Hyosung call him again? He usually gets annoyed when she calls." Youngjae asked you.

"Hmm? Oh yeah she did." You stopped eating, and then picked your plate up. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"What?" Jongup looked at you confused. "Don't be stupid, sit down and eat." He grabbed onto your arm and tried to pull you back down.

"No I'm fine honestly." You gave him a weak smile. "I'm going to my room to get changed, enjoy your food."

"Yah _______, eat your dinner with us." Daehyun called.

You just ignored him and placed your plate in the kitchen and quickly made your way to your room, you pulled out a spare pair of clothes you'd left out from packing and quickly put them on. You slumped down on your bed and chewed at your lips nervously, you knew Jongup would come and see you soon and you knew you had to tell him. You put your tv on and decided to try and take your mind off things, picking your panda teddy up you sat against your headboard with your knees up and hugged into the panda watching the tv.

"Something's happened. What could have possibly happened?" Youngjae looked confused for once.

"Hyosung called.. Himchan's not here.. ________'s quiet." Daehyun listed everything going on.

"You don't think Hyosung found out we're not doing the mission, do you?" Jongup's eyes widened.

"No, I don't think so." Youngjae paused. "Maybe _______ and Himchan argued?"

"Maybe, they've been arguing a lot recently." Jongup sighed. "It's confusing."

"Extremely." Daehyun nodded. "Do you want to go and see if she tells you anything?"

"I'm going to see if she's okay first." Jongup nodded and stood up.

Making his way to your room, he gently knocked on the door and then came through,, greeting you with a small smile. "Hey."

"Hey" You simply replied, not taking your attention off the tv.

This annoyed Jongup slightly, so he walked over and turned the tv off. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

You looked up at him and blinked a couple of times, you shook your head.

"Why not?" He raised his eyebrow.

"It's not important." You mumbled.

"It clearly is. Why isn't Himchan here hmm?" Jongup narrowed his eyes at you, he noticed you stiffen at the mention of his name. "You two argued again, didn't you?"

You slowly nodded. 

"What did you argue about now?" Jongup raised his eyebrow. 

"You." You almost whispered. 

"Me?" Jongup walked over to the bed, taking a seat next to you. "Why would you two argue about me? You don't.... like Himchan do you?"

"Oh no!" You defended quickly. "It's just..." You looked down at the floor and sat up properly, taking a deep breathe. "When me and you argued over the whole Eunhee thing, Himchan was comforting me and well... he kissed me."

Jongup froze, his whole body seemed to go stiff and his expression was unreadable. You had no idea what he was thinking. 

"I didn't kiss him back though." You said interupting the silence. "I couldn't kiss him, I ran away from him and hid in the bathroom. We've been arguing because he's been wanting me to tell you, and I just couldn't."

Jongup still didn't reply, which made you feel awkward and slightly annoyed. 

"He's planning on going back to Mato. I didn't want him to leave, but I overheard him talking to Hyosung." You sighed. "I'm sorry."

"He... Kissed you?" Was all Jongup simply replied. 

You looked surprised as his voice sounded different. You simply nodded.

"And you took all this time to tell me?" Jongup's face stayed neutral, but the anger was in his voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you, not after you explained the whole Eunhee thing to me." You felt quite scared. 

"You don't realise it's hurting me more that you didn't tell me about it?" Jongup stood up.

"I know it was wrong of me to, I didn't mean to hold it off this long I-" You were cut off.

"Stop it." Jongup harshly said. "I don't care if you didn't kiss him back, you let him kiss you in the first place."

"No I never. I pushed him off as soon as he kissed me!" You defended.

"Why didn't you avoid him even kissing you in the first place? Surely you would've realised what he was going to do." Jongup started to shake with anger.

"Jongup it was only a kiss! A kiss I didn't even respond to!" You didn't understand why he was getting so annoyed, you expected him to be more understanding. 

"That's not the point." Jongup stood up. "The point is I don't want this happening to me again." 

"You're not innocent in this yourself Jongup. How many times have you guys lied to me? Kept secrets from me? Hmm?" You were getting angry, you didn't even realise you were saying this. "When you first landed here you told me you didn't know what love was! Yet Eunhee was your first love? How does that work out exactly?"

"After Eunhee everything to me was numb and I felt almost nothing, I tried to forget all those feelings I felt for her, forgetting what love was and how it was to be that way with someone. I didn't want to love again, I'm surprised even at myself." Jongup simply replied. 

You sighed. "And Hyosung? Oh yeah she's just Himchan's friend.. even more lies!" You yelled. "She's the governer of Mato right? She's in charge of everything... Am I right?"

"How.. Did you know that?" Jongup looked at you confused. 

"I'm not stupid, I might not be the smartest but I can overhear conversations. This is my house and I do live here, I'm not invisible to everything." You frowned.

"Well yes, you're right. Hyosung is our governer." Jongup nodded. "But you should understand why we lied about that, no one is supposed to know these things. It causes problems for everyone."

"I thought you could trust me? I'm supposed to be your girlfriend and you can't even tell me everything? You know everything about me." 

"It's a different story with us though!" Jongup shouted, causing you to jump a little at the sudden rise of his voice.

"Not really." You mumbled. 

"Well that's not the problem here, the problem is you and Himchan." Jongup brought it up again.

"I thought I was doing good telling you, but obviously not. It's just ruined everything." You replied back quickly. 

"The only thing it's ruined is how I now feel about you, I thought you were different, I thought you were better but you're not. You're just like her." Jongup harshly glared at you and stormed out of your room.

*You're just like her.* The words rang through your mind. You slumped onto your floor and let out a frustrated sigh. 

-----------------------------------------------------------