40.

Do you believe in aliens?

After a while of sitting on your floor, rethinking the events of the night you decided to remove yourself from your floor and eventually make your way out of your room, you didn't know if Jongup was around, if Zelo and Yongguk had came back from where they were, or if Himchan had returned. You wiped your tear stained cheeks and patted your face to revive the colour. *Aish, what a mess.* You frowned as you looked in the mirror. 

You slowly peeked your head around the corner of your door, noticing the house was weirdly quiet. You heard the sound of the tv in the living room, and Youngjae's laugh. You puffed out your cheeks and crept out into the hallway and ran to the bathroom to wash your face, you splashed some cold water on it first. *How did tonight even happen?* You sighed and patted your face dry with a towel, fixing your fringe you left the bathroom.

"Looking for Jongup?" A voice called from the kitchen as you crept out into the hall quietly again. 

You turned around and saw Daehyun sitting in the kitchen, getting himself a glass of juice.

"I'm not actually." You pouted slightly.

"We heard you two arguing, he left the house as soon as he came out of your room." Daehyun shrugged his shoulders.

"I see." You nodded and made your way into the kitchen and stood beside him. 

"That bad huh?" Daehyun raised his eyebrow, you slowly nodded. "What happened? You two were fine at school, infact, more than fine. You were the cutest couple ever together at school." Daehyun laughed slightly. "Even though it did make me feel slightly ill." He nudged your ribs.

A small smile crept on your face. "I told him about me and Himchan."

"You and Himchan?" Daehyun's eyes widened.

"Oh yeah... he kissed me." You puffed your cheeks out again. "In my defense, I didn't kiss him back, but it shouldn't have happened anyway. Himchan is my best friend, he just likes me a lot more than I thought."

"Oh." Daehyun was surprised. 

"He wants to go back to Mato you know, Himchan." You nodded. "And thanks for lying to me Daehyun."

"Why does Himchan want to leave?" Daehyun's eyes widened. "Wait.. When did I lie?" He knew the answer, they'd all lied to you a lot.

"You and Youngjae, about Hyosung. That's partly the reason me and Himchan argued." You sighed. "Hyosung is the governer of Mato right? Well I overheard Himchan talking to her, he wants to leave because he feels no one cares about him here."

"Yeah." Daehyun nodded. "You weren't supposed to find out. And what? Are you serious?"

"Well it's a bit late for that." You laughed. "Yup." You nodded. "I think it's my fault, personally."

"I'm sorry I lied." Daehyun looked apologetic for once, he wasn't wearing his playful expression.

"I do understand why I wasn't told, I just... don't get why you all didn't trust me enough. I would've rather you told me than lied to me." You sighed.

"I know, it was wrong of us but I'm glad you understand." Daehyun nodded.  "So no hard feelings?"

"No hard feelings." You laughed. "Even though you're in my bad books Daehyun oppa~" You sang.

"I already told you. I could never be in your bad books." He smiled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you into a hug. 

"Thanks." You mumbled into his shoulder.

"So you and Jongup, are you two still together?" He asked.

"I think so." You nodded, pulling away from him. "The last 4 words he said to me are still going through my head though."

" 'You're just like her?' " Daehyun asked.

You nodded your head, chewing your lips again.

"You're nothing like her, so don't worry about it." Daehyun assured you.

"Thanks." You said again. "Is anyone else apart from you and Youngjae home yet?"

"Well.. Yongguk and Zelo came back, but decided to go and eat out instead." Daehyun laughed.

"Why? I made a perfectly good dinner!" You defended.

"Eh, well it was cold and they couldn't be bothered heating it up or something..." Daehyun shrugged.

"Oh well." You sighed. "I've really ruined everything huh?"

"No." Daehyun simply replied. "Everything was ruined long before now ______."

"What do you mean?" You looked at him confused.

"You'll find out soon enough." He ruffled your hair. "I'm going to go watch tv with Youngjae, he got a bit scared hearing you and Jongup argue."

"Ahh is he alright?" You looked surprised.

"He's fine." Daehyun laughed. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight." You nodded. *'You'll find out soon enough.' What do you mean by that...?* You pouted slightly and made your way back to your room, just as you were about to walk in you noticed the front door opening, and in came Yongguk and Zelo. You sighed with relief and greeted them.

"Hello." You nodded. "Zelo!" You smiled. "I've missed you!"

"Hi noona!" Zelo called. "Will you watch a film with me tonight?"

"Yeah okay." You nodded. "Youngjae and Daehyun are watching a film in the living room, so are you okay watching it in my room?"

"Sure!" Zelo smiled and quickly ran into your room, pushing past you.

You looked at Yongguk. "I know what happened." He nodded.

"And this is exactly why I didn't want him to know." You bluntly replied, the smile was gone off your face.

"I didn't expect this to happen." Yongguk sighed.

"How did you find out anyway?" You questionned him.

"I noticed Himchan on my way out, he explained the argument." He nodded.

"And how did you find out about me and Jongup?" You raised your eyebrow.

"Daehyun and Youngjae told me when we arrived home before we left again." Yongguk simply replied.

"I see." You bit your lip. "Everything's just gone down hill."

"It'll get better, I promise." Yongguk assured you.

"Noona! Come on I've chosen the film!" Zelo called from your bed, he was playing about with your panda and bunny teddy. 

"I'm coming!" You called. "Well, I better go." 

"Alright." Yongguk nodded. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Wait." You stopped him before he walked into the living room. "Do you think Himchan and Jongup will be home tonight?"

"They will be eventually." Yongguk nodded, and then disappeared into the living room.

"Noona! I chose this film. It looks good right?" Zelo smiled at you.

"Yeah it does." You nodded and quickly put it on. "Zelo, can I have my panda teddy?"

"Of course!" He smiled and handed it to you, you hugged it tightly, making your way over to your bed you got comfy and focused your attention on the film. "Is everything okay noona?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." You smiled, trying to hide the fact all of your emotions were all over the place tonight. "Enjoy the film okay?"

Zelo nodded and resumed watching the film, whilst hugging Jongup's bunny teddy. You glanced over at it, and a flashback to your first date came into your head.

*Somehow, I feel like I should never have met these aliens. I wonder what it would've been like if they'd met someone else... and not me. Maybe they'd be better off, maybe they'd be a lot happier and maybe they would've actually been able to complete their mission.* You couldn't think straight, you couldn't focus on the film or anything. Zelo was too entranced watching it so you let him be, why ruin his happiness just because you were upset? You sighed and lay back on your pillows, still hugging the panda close to you, you soon fell asleep after the hectic night. 

"Don't worry, everything will work out for you noona. Jongup loves you! I know he does, even if he hasn't told you yet!" Zelo smiled as he looked over at you sleeping. "Goodnight." He whispered and smiled to himself. He pulled your blanket over you and tucked you in. He quietly left your room, after turning the film off and shut the door making sure he wouldn't wake you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nearing 1am, Jongup was aimlessly walking the streets by himself. He decided he should really start heading home, because it was cold, dark and there was no one around. He was sulking in the darkness, preferring it that way as it was more peaceful and he could think. The only thing bothering him was it was freezing and he'd stupidly left in a rage without thinking to pick up a jacket. 

He turned around and started walking in the direction he'd came, following his route back home. His mind was overthinking everything, but he knew he regretted almost every word he'd said to you. He overreacted, he knew he did. It just angered him a lot knowing Himchan had kissed you, really he was more angry at Himchan than you, but you just so happened to be the one that got all of his rage thrown onto you.

Soon enough he was approaching the house, but he saw a familiar figure approaching at the same time. He looked up, waiting for Himchan to do the same thing. The two of them locked glares, and their eyes met. 

"You." Jongup harshly said. 

"Yeah, I'm guessing she told you right?" Himchan scoffed. "Well don't worry cause I'm leaving soon."

"Why did you do it? You know how much she means to me!" Jongup yelled.

"Do you not think she means a hell of a lot to me?!" Himchan yelled and shoved Jongup back.

"She's my girlfriend! You had no right to kiss her!" Jongup shoved Himchan back, causing him to stumble a little.

"I had every right to kiss her, I can do what the hell I want!" Himchan shouted and swung a punch at Jongup, hitting him right on the cheek.

Jongup held onto his cheek. "You're going to regret doing that Himchan." He mumbled. "She's my girlfriend, you've ruined everything for us. You're supposed to be her best friend!"

"Yeah well it wasn't really my intention to fall for her!" Himchan shouted.

Jongup threw a punch at Himchan, hitting him right on the jaw and he aimed another one at his stomach. "She was upset, she was vulnerable and you took advantage of that. You knew how she felt and you used it to your advantage to kiss her?" Jongup threw another punch at Himchan, this time causing his nose to start bleeding quite quickly. "You're pathetic." Jongup glared down at Himchan.

"I'm pathetic?" Himchan scoffed and winced a little as he wiped the blood from his nose. "You're the one who kept a book of your very first girlfriend, sorry that your current girlfriend found it and hated you for it. That's not my problem." Himchan laughed, he didn't realise how angry Jongup was getting. Himchan threw a punch at Jongup, which caused Jongup's lip to burst open.

"Don't talk like you know everything Himchan." Jongup simply replied after recovering from the punch he'd just recieved. He quickly made his way up the stairs to your appartment, leaving Himchan still outside. 

---------------------------------------------------------

I got bored so decided to update again LOL, and I hadn't updated in a few days before tonight so enjoy ^_^~
Ahhh, and if anyone's confused Jongup and /you/ are still together, you've not broken up :) 


@kim-amy - funny you should say that, I was listening to that song whilst writing chapter 39 XD

-xyeobo