53.

Do you believe in aliens?

Yongguk was wandering around the streets, lost in thought. It was getting late, and it was getting colder by the minute. He noticed a small park nearby the market so started making his way over there, it was dark so he didn't expect anyone to be around. Taking a seat on a bench, he made himself comfy. 

He looked about the empty park, everything was peaceful. 

"Yongguk?" A small voice came from behind him.

He turned around and looked very surprised. "Junghye?" He replied. 

"What are you doing out here, at this time?" She looked about. "By yourself?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He scoffed. "But I'm just thinking."

"I see." She nodded. "Mind if I sit?"

"Not at all." He kept trying to be blunt.

"How come you've not been at work this week?" She looked straight ahead of her, focusing on the dark sky which still had a light streak of blue through it.

"Ahh.. I've been unwell." Yongguk lied.

"Yet you're out in the cold?" She laughed.

"Why are you out at this time anyway?" He diverted the conversation.

"Walking home." She nodded. "I live just over there." She turned around and pointed to a row of houses. 

Yongguk just nodded. 

"Works been boring without you around, you know." She smiled. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine." Yongguk assured her. "I'm just unwell, like I said."

"Well then you should be at home, getting better." She said surprised. "I was going to come around and see what was wrong, because it's not like you to not be at work."

"You shouldn't be so worried." Yongguk rested back on the bench and let out a sigh.

"Well I'm obviously going to worry about my friend." Junghye replied.

"Ah, but would you call us friends?" Yongguk raised his eyebrow.

Junghye paused before speaking. "What would you call our relationship then?"

"Work acquaintances." He bluntly replied.

"That's.. it?" Junghye looked at him confused. "What about the night at the club?"

"We were drunk." Yongguk shrugged. 

"Right." Junghye nodded and stood up. "Well, if you really think that's all our relationship is then why am I even worrying about you?"

"You tell me." He simply said.

Junghye just looked at him shocked. She started to walk away and then paused. "You know, I thought you were different, I actually thought.. you liked me." She paused and took a deep breathe. "You're not who I thought you were." She said without even looking at him, and started to make her way home again.

Yongguk let out a frustrated sigh. *I'm sorry Junghye, but it's better this way. I don't want to hurt you, but I can't get attached.* 

After about 10 minutes of being confused and lost in even more thought, Yongguk started making his way home. He pulled his phone out, which he'd finally worked out how to use, and noticed he had a missed call from Youngjae. He decided to phone him back.

"Yes?" Yongguk said as Youngjae answered.

"Where are you?" 

"The park near the market." 

"Come home." Youngjae said quickly.

"What, why?" Yongguk replied, a bit worried.

"Himchan said he has something to tell us." 

"Right. I'll be home soon, tell him to wait until I'm home." Yongguk nodded and hung up the phone. *You idiot, why are you doing this now? There's far too much going on!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yongguk arrived home and to his surprise, everyone was gathered in the living room. He saw Himchan sitting with a worried expression on his face and then he saw you sitting looking even more worried.

"What's going on?" Yongguk said quickly.

"I've got some news for everyone." Himchan stood up and smiled. 

"Come with me." Yongguk quickly walked over to him and grabbed him by the wrist, dragging him out of the living room and up the stairs to their room.

"Wait! Yongguk!" You yelled after them, but they were already up the stairs. "Does anyone want to explain what's going on to me?" You glared at the others.

They just looked at you confused. "We don't even know." Youngjae simply said.

You let out a frustrated sigh and slumped down on the couch. "You guys never fail to mess up my mind even more."

"I'm sure everything will be fine." Jongup tried to comfort you.

"I hope so." You started biting on your lips, they'd started to become more chapped recently and you put it down to the fact you chewed them too much.

Meanwhile, up the stairs Yongguk was lecturing Himchan.

"You can't tell them yet!" Yongguk half yelled and half whispered.

"And why not? I'm leaving in 2 days Yongguk!" Himchan shouted back at him.

"Well tell them the day you're leaving, so they can't argue and try and make you stay." Yongguk said.

"No. It's better to tell them in advance! Do you think ________ will appreciate that on top of all the stress she's got already?" Himchan sighed. "I've been trying to prepare everything for her birthday. That's why I'm always away out." 

"Her birthday is in two weeks, why are you preparing everything now when you leave soon? What's the point?" Yongguk looked confused.

"I wanted to surprise her, I wanted you guys to help. Daehyun and me have already been discussing it." Himchan laughed. "He's more excited than her."

"She doesn't know about any of this though, right?" Yongguk said.

"Not yet." Himchan shook his head. "I still want to surprise her, I've ordered balloons and things to be delivered on the day of her birthday and I've bought some presents." 

"You've put too much thought into this. Do you not think it's going to hurt her even more when you're gone?" Yongguk said disgusted. 

"Don't be like that. It's not my fault I have to leave." Himchan sighed. "We're all going to have to leave eventually, I don't want to stay around until that day."

"Well at least hold it off until Friday to tell them, that way you're able to just leave not long after they've been told." Yongguk begged.

Himchan just let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, Friday i'll tell them." Himchan nodded. "Where were you tonight anyway?"

"The park, trying to clear my head." Yongguk nodded.

"Did it help?"

"Not at all." Yongguk sighed. "Infact, it probably made things worse. I was a complete idiot to Junghye."

"I thought you liked her?" Himchan looked confused.

"I do." He sighed again. "It's.. difficult."

"Oh shut up." Himchan laughed at him. "There's nothing difficult about it."

"I don't want to have to go through what _________ and Jongup will have to, the day we leave." Yongguk frowned. "I have to just.. leave without hurting anyone in the process."

"I think it's a bit late for that." Himchan sighed. "Either way, us all leaving is going to be devastating."

"You can say that again." Yongguk slumped down on his bed.

"You know... you should make the most of the time with Junghye. Go back to work, talk to her... and maybe even apologise for being so horrible to her?" Himchan said.

"You're probably right, that's what _______ told me to do as well." Yongguk let out a small smile.

"We think alike." Himchan nodded. "So go and do it, what have you got to lose?"

"Everything." Yongguk mumbled.

"Don't be so dramatic!" Himchan laughed. "Come on, we better go and explain what's going on to everyone downstairs."

"Wait till Friday okay?" Yongguk assured Himchan. 

"I got it." Himchan nodded in reply. 

"Good." Yongguk smiled and stood up, following Himchan out of the room.

Once the two of them had appeared back in the living room, everyone's eyes were on them. 

"Well?" You said quickly. 

"Nothing. I completely forgot what I was going to tell you." Himchan laughed.

"You're lying." You narrowed your eyes. 

"Would I lie to you?" Himchan looked hurt.

"Yes." You simply said.

Himchan just chuckled. "Don't worry, it's really nothing!" He ruffled your hair and took a seat beside you.


"Right." You nodded. "You've been so secretive lately! It's not like you."

"I've not! I'm just doing some things for people, that's all." Himchan smiled. "Don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry?" You said surprised. "Aish, whatever. When you want to start telling me things again, like the friend you're supposed to be, you can." You stood up and left the living room.

Himchan just glared at Yongguk. "You see? She thinks i'm a liar."

"She'll understand in the long run." Yongguk assured him. 

"Fine." Himchan grumbled a reply and rested back on the couch.

"Hyemi comes home in two days!" Daehyun said excitedly.

Everyone glared at him. "Daehyun!" 

"What?" He blinked at them innocently.

"We have more important things to deal with than that." Yongguk scolded him.

Daehyun just folded his arms and pouted. "Well excuse me for being happy whilst you're all miserable."

"I'm not miserable." Jongup looked surprised.

"You never are." Daehyun laughed.

"So, what was the important thing you had to tell us?" Youngjae narrowed his eyes on Himchan.

Himchan looked over at Yongguk. "I can tell them right?"

"I suppose." Yongguk sighed.

"I'm leaving in two days." Himchan declared.

"WHAT?!" They all yelled at the same time. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't write my cliffhanger chapter :( this isn't it... lol. I don't have time anymore as i'm leaving today!!

But, I promise i'll update as much as I can when I'm home. ^^

So see you all in a week! And don't miss me too much okay? hehehe.

-xyeobo