I need you

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

Sorry it's late!!

*Mentions of abuse*

 

She was beautiful, and I guess that was why I fell for her. From her perfectly symmetrical eyes to her cute nose and her full lips, she was the image of perfection. I should have ignored her after she danced with me at the club, I shouldn’t have asked for her number, but more importantly, I shouldn’t have called.
 
Three months after our relationship started, she moved in with me. That was a big mistake too. She was the picture of perfection on the outside, but she was cruel as well…I should have known that when she nearly made Daesung cry. But I heard her apologizing profusely and I bought it, it was just a mistake. She didn’t want to meet my parents; she didn’t really want to meet my friends. And as the months went by, she grew more and more possessive.
 
I didn’t go out with my friends as much, I didn’t meet up with JiYong every weekend like I used to. Instead, I made lame excuses just because she didn’t want me to go. It only got serious when I was late back from practice one day.
 

 
I took the steps two at a time and soon arrived at my apartment door. Punching in the code, I entered the apartment anxiously and slipped my shoes onto the rack. It was one of the dancers birthday and everybody had gone out to eat except me, I went home to her. 
 
She sat at the table with a glass of wine in one hand, her gaze on the couple ring that adorned her finger. I quietly went round to the table “Sorry I’m late love, the practice lasted longer than I thought it would.” Her hazel eyes lifted from her hand and looked at me. “You haven’t been waiting for too long, I hope?” I said kindly, looking at the cold plate of food that sat opposite her.
 
“Only about an hour” she remarked sarcastically and I could hear the venom in her voice.
 
“I’ll uh, warm this up then” I went to pick up the plate.
 
“No, it’ll be fine, Seunghyun. Just eat it!” I gulped.
 
“Don’t worry it will only take a second-” I went to pick up the plate again.
 
“WHAT DID I JUST SAY!” she shouted and I flinched.
 
“O-okay” I gulped, turning back around and placing the plate back on the table. I sat down meekly at the table and looked at the stone cold food that sat on the plate. She twirled the wine glass between her delicate fingers and watched me over the rim. Her eyes flicked from the food and back to my face.
 
“Eat it then.” She said in a low voice. I swallowed and looked at the food before me. I placed the chopsticks in the cold, sticky noodles before dropping them onto the plate.
 
“I can’t its cold” I whined. Her eyes flashed with annoyance.
 
“It wouldn’t be if you had been home earlier. Just eat it.” She spat and I curled into myself once again. I picked up the chop sticks again and attacked some of the less sickly looking noodles. Slowly raising them to my mouth, I looked over at her again and watched as she took a meagre sip of wine from the glass. I put them in my mouth and visibly gagged. Anger crossed her beautiful features and she stood up abruptly from her seat. She stormed over to me and picked up the plate from the table.
 
“If you don’t want it, don’t eat it” she spat and I thought she was about to put it in the sink but she spun around and threw it on the floor, it crashed and noodles and sauce went everywhere. I flinched and looked at the mess in shock. She stormed out of the room and I was left to clear up the mess.
 

 
The first time she hit me was when she found my text messages from a friend on my phone. She had made it a habit of hers to check my phone and I had been talking to one of the dancers about a party for the kwon twins. She had seen them and questioned me about them angrily and then she punched me in the face. She was tiny but the punch was hard and left a mark on my face.
 
I thought that it would only be a onetime thing and she acted like nothing had happened the next morning and I decided to get over it and act like that too.
 
It turned out that it wasn’t a onetime thing. It wasn’t only her, though. Her friend who was a six foot male came round one day and beat me because she told him that I had been abandoning her. That was the worst night of my life, cowering on the floor of the bathroom as I tried to get over what had happened. I couldn’t fight back…I would never hit a girl, never.
 
And it carried on for months. It became routine for me to wake up and cover fresh bruises in foundation and try and hide the marks from my friends. She soon didn’t need a reason and beat me whenever she was in a bad mood or just needed entertainment. I couldn’t tell anybody, and she knew that – she knew that I was too proud to admit to being hit by a woman.
 

 
Monday morning. I had a photo shoot and couldn’t be late again. It was six o’clock and I picked myself up from the sitting room floor before heading to the bathroom. She was still in bed and I silently was thankful for it. I painfully washed and then started covering up. My neck had dark purple bruises along it and still looked dodgy when I covered it and so did my eyes – they just looked disproportionate and I winced as I tried to cover it up more.
 
I kissed her forehead as I left and watched her for a minute as she peacefully slept in the bed – she really was beautiful. I smoothed her hair back a little and smiled before leaving through the front door. Her friend had been around yesterday and I was in more pain than usual but I hobbled down to my car and managed to drive to the destination without fault.
 
My manager greeted me and I smiled half heartedly back. JiYong was the only one at the venue at the moment and he was curled up on the sofa in the waiting room with a manga on his lap. I smiled at how cute he looked and sat down on the makeup chair. He looked up as the chair squeaked and grinned.
 
“Hey Ri, I see your early for once.” He was teasing and I smiled softly to myself.
 
“I guess I am” was all I said though. It hurt to speak slightly as every time I breathed it sent a painful stab through my diaphragm. JiYong closed his manga and approached me.

“Hey, you alright Seungri?” I jerked up.

“What? Of course” he looked at me suspiciously.
 
“You’ve been acting weird recently, and you never come out with us anymore.” He laughed “Since you got a girl friend, you act like the rest of us don’t exist.” Another pause followed. “How is she, by the way?” I averted my eyes and gulped nervously. The mention of her made me flinch. She loved me. That’s what she told me every time before she beat me.
 
“She’s um – she’s fine” I answered with strain in my voice.
 
“Tell her to stop keeping you all to herself, we want to see you too” he whined. I let out a short, hollow laugh and wandered how much I’d be beaten up if I told her that. No, she’d get her friend to do it for her whilst she watched, encouraging him on. All these thoughts crossed my mind but I chose to ignore them and just answered with a simple. “Will do” JiYong sat down in the makeup chair next to mine and opened the manga once again.
 
I sighed and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My dark circles were worse than ever and I was sure you could still see the bruise on my neck shining through. The makeup noona soon came in, talking to Daesung and I greeted him silently with a nod. When she came over to me she tutted,
 
“Seungri-ah, you need to stop doing your own makeup, it only messes up my routine” I shrugged in return for the scolding and slightly panicked when she got the dreaded makeup wipes out. I stood up out of the chair.
 
“Can we do it in the other room please, there’s a TV in there” I said. She huffed and rolled her kit up again.
 
“Aish so picky” I looked down at the floor and led the way away from JiYong to the other room. As long as JiYong or Daesung didn’t see the bruise, it was fine. I could easily lie to the makeup noona. She started wiping away at my face and when all the foundation I had worked so hard to put on this morning had come off she gasped.
 
“Seungri what happened to your eye and neck?” I looked into the mirror with a dead pan expression.
 
“I got wacked way to hard by Youngbae the other day and it managed to bruise” I said with a breezy smile. She wiped her thumb thoughtfully across the bruise and patted the side of my face tenderly.
 
“He should be more careful” I nodded and returned my attention to the TV.

The makeup noona did a way better job than me and I was pleased that the bruise no longer shined through. But the makeup couldn't take away the pain. The injuries on my ribs prohibited my movement and I found every thing tiring. Jiyong kept throwing me concerned glances we I struggled to get by during the photo shoot. 

Everybody was joking about after the photo shoot and the makeup noona brought up my bruise, much to my predicament. "Yah and youngbae, don't hit Seungri so hard all the time, he has a bruise on his face you know" Youngbae looked up surprised. 

"I never hit him" he protested. I looked down at my hands in embarrassment and worry. what if they tried to make him explain the bruise. 

"How bad is the bruise?" Jiyong asked me through the quiet room. 

"It's really bad, Seungri had tried to cover it up with concealer but it still shined through." The makeup noona answered for me. I blushed and looked down at my hands. 

"Oh" was all Jiyong said. I picked up my phone and looked at a text from her. 

'I'm picking you up, I want you to come home' I read it and quickly replied. She was on her way and I needed to be ready for her when she came so I stood up quickly. 

"My girlfriends picking me up so I had better get ready" I said and shuffled painfully out of the room. Youngbae was still muttering how he hadn't punched me and Jiyong's bright eyes followed me suspiciously. 


Jiyong 

A few days had passed since the photo shoot and we had practice at the company's studios. Everybody was here except for Seungri and I was getting angrier and angrier. He couldn't keep turning up hours late like this, it was unacceptable. His manager was here and after a minute, I wandered over to him. 

"Hey, didn't Seungri come with you?" he looked up from his coffee. 

"No, he told me the other day that he wanted to come by himself and that I didn't need to pick him up" I frowned at the new information. 

"He's an hour late, I've tried calling him several times and he hasn't answered once!" I stormed. His manager tried calling him but there was still no answer. 

"I'll go see what he is doing" his manager said, downing the rest of his coffee before grabbing his car keys off of the table.

"I'll  come with you" I said, pulling my trainers on. 

"There's really no need-" I cut his manager off with just a look and we set off. Once we had arrived at Seungri's apartment block, we took the lift to his floor. 

I pushed the code into his front door and entered the apartment. It was messier than usual and a smashed plate sat next to the table. Stepping over it carefully, I wandered down the corridor.

Then I heard a thump from the bedroom. A deep male voice spoke and I creased my brow wandering what the hell was going on. 

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to his manager and he nodded. I opened the bedroom door a crack and peeped inside. 

A tall man with muscular build stood over Seungri who was cowering in fear. His 'girlfriend' lay on the bed watching eagerly. My eyes widened in horror when the man kicked Seungri in the ribs. 

"Please, I have practice. They'll tell me off if I'm late again" Seungri whimpered from the floor. His manager started in shock and I looked at him with tears building in my eyes. 

"Oh my word" was all I could whisper. His manager soon came out of his frozen state and marched into the room. 

"What the do you think you are doing?!" he bellowed. His 'girlfriend' started in shock and jumped up from the bed. Seungri’s manager was a bulky man and he lunged at the man who was beating Seungri up. I, however – went for his girlfriend. I pushed her up against a the wall and held her in place.
 
“What the hell do you think you were doing?” I said with gritted teeth. I could see red and she looked terrified at my intense gaze.
 
“I – he” she had no excuse for actions and she knew it.
 
“Why, why would you do that to him?” the tears that had been building up slid down my cheeks and she didn’t look at me, just at the floor. I staggered back, letting go of her arm. She took the opportunity to run away. Seungri’s manager sat on the floor next to Seungri, a black eye already forming.
 
“He got away” was all he said in return to my questioning gaze.
 
“Bastard” I muttered, dashing over to Seungri’s side. He was wavering on the edge of consciousness and I cupped his cheeks in my hands. “Seungri, baby can you hear me?” I said slowly. He opened his eyes slightly and nodded before collapsing back into my arms.
 
“We need to get him to hospital” Seungri’s manager said. I just held his limp body to my chest and wrapped my arms around him. When he tried to take Seungri from me, I pulled him closer. “I need to get him to the car” his manager protested and I nodded, looping my arm around Seungri’s knees.
 
“I’ll do it” I lifted Seungri up and hugged him to my chest. His manager stood up as well and opened doors for me as I carried Seungri to the car. Once he was strapped into the back seat, his manager drove in the direction of the hospital. It was silent until I asked the lingering question.
 
“How long do you think it’s been going on for?”
 
His manager clenched the steering wheel angrily and looked out of the window with his jaw clenched. “I don’t know, JiYong, I really don’t know” I looked down at the boy – his head was resting on my lap and he looked so pale that I had to touch his heart to make sure he wasn’t dead. There it was the steady thump that let me know he was still here, he wasn’t leaving.
 
We got to the hospital and I took my scarf off before wrapping it around Seungri’s face to cover his identity. That would make a great news story. I covered the bottom half of my face up to conceal my own identity before stepping out of the car with Seungri in my arms again. Seungri’s manager blocked us from view besides; there was no press at the hospital.
 
We entered the reception area and the nurse took one look at us – me carrying a limp body in my arms, tears in my eyes and ushered us to a room. She didn’t realise until she had shown us to our room, who she was ushering and a look of shock crossed her features.
 
“Oh my goodness” she gasped when she saw Seungri’s face. “G Dragon –ssi?” she breathed out. I nodded.
 
“Please, don’t tell anybody about this. It’s a private matter and it would be really bad if this got out to the public. She nodded and gave us her word. Seungri’s manager went out of the room to phone the company and our band mates. A doctor came a few minutes later. When I had explained what had happened, he nodded and told me not to worry. A hospital gown was brought and I helped the doctor remove Seungri’s shirt. It was like I had been slapped in the face.
 
Seungri’s side was covered in large purple bruises, some new, some not. His once tanned and toned stomach was pale and thin, covered in burns and bruises. My breath hitched and I turned away. “This has evidently been going on for a while. These cigarette burns are nearly two months old.”  The doctor dosed Seungri on anaesthetic and applied ointment to the wounds but there was not much he could do. His ribs had been close to broken and had needed to be bound up. It was more his mental health that was the worry.
 
Youngbae and Daesung arrived half an hour later looking worried. I hugged Daesung and then Youngbae before explaining to them in further detail what I had seen. Youngbae’s hands fisted up and a look of intense anger crossed his face. “She’d been abusing him?!” he breathed out heavily. “That explains the bruise he blamed me for, it was her. That , I’m going to murder her!” Daesung placed a hand on Youngbae’s arm to calm him down.

“Where is Seunghyun?” I asked. Daesung spoke up.
 
“Mr Yang wanted to see him about Seungri as he was the one who was told by Seungri’s manager.” It was understandable and I nodded.
 
“But JiYong, how are you? I mean – are you alright?” Youngbae asked. I looked up at my best friend and I knew that he could tell that I’d been crying.
 
“I just feel so angry, and I don’t know how to let it out. She beat him up, he looked so helpless. Why didn’t he tell us? Why wouldn’t he tell me?” I had a lump in my throat again and I knew I was going to start crying again.

“He’s too proud, you know that, JiYong” Daesung said, rubbing a soothing hand on my back. We walked into Seungri’s hospital room and Youngbae fussed over the covers of his bed. Luckily, his bruises were covered up so they were spared the sight of his beatings and burns.
 
We sat by his bed for hours, each of us taking turns to fetch coffee. Seungri had been so dosed up on pain killers that it took him nearly seven hours to regain consciousness. It was only me in the room at the moment. Youngbae and Daesung were picking Seunghyun up and I had been adamant about staying.
 
His eyes fluttered open and he looked up at the ceiling blankly. “Seungri” I called. He flinched at my voice before looking over at me, still blankly. “What happened?” he asked quietly, his voice breaking slightly from lack of use. The cliché ‘waking up’ line took me by surprise but I explained to him why he was here.
 
“I could have taken care of it” he cried suddenly. “It’s not like it hasn’t happened-” he stopped himself.
 
“It’s not like it hasn’t happened before, were you going to say” he didn’t answer and looked down at his hands with tears building in his eyes. “Why didn’t you tell us, Ri? We could’ve helped you know.” He shook his head.
 
“She would’ve been even angrier if I’d told you, it was bad enough as it was.” He sniffed and looked away. “I didn’t want to stress you out even more.”
 
“Stress me out! You can’t be serious” I shouted “You would let yourself get beaten up and abused so you didn’t ‘stress me out’!” I looked back down at Seungri to see that he had gone pale and was at the other end of the bed. “, I’m sorry Ri, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I sat down on the bed and pulled him in for a hug.

 

He returned it after a few seconds and I cradled him in my arms once again. “Let it out, baby. Let it out” he cried into my chest and I buried my face into his thick hair before kissing his fore head. He slowly opened up to me and told me some of the things that she had done to him. I sat in silence, still cradling him – but not talking, not interrupting.

 

He cried and he cried and he cried, but I was there this time. He didn’t have to be alone on the bathroom floor.

 

 He had us and we most definitely had him.

 

This was partially to raise awareness of male abuse which does happen and is always forgotten about!

It was a sensitive chapter and I won’t be doing a sequel for it.

Thank you for reading, please comment and upvote (THANKS TO ANYBODY WHO DID, I APPRECIATE IT IMMENSELY XOXOXOXXXX)

Love you all

Stay strong!