Ready or Not

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

I clinked glasses with Youngbae and smiled at his now unboxed home. “I’m jealous of you, Youngbae – a fresh start, a tidy house…” I drifted off.
 
“Yah! Our house is spotless.” Seungri shouted from across the table.
 
“You leave your underwear everywhere” I laughed. He just smiled cheekily at me and turned back to his conversation with Kush. The house warming party had been a great idea, Hyunsuk hyung was even coming, although he wasn’t here yet. It was nice to see most of the YG family here; Chaerin had made it with her sister and even some of the young ones were here.
 
Seunghoon and Mino were here, Bobby, hanbin and Jinhwan from Ikon were here. It was so fun. The alcohol was piling up on the table and we were all a bit tipsy. The door bell rung and Youngbae went to answer it. It was the president; he placed his own home warming alcohol on the table. I greeted him with a wave and turned back to my conversation with Youngbae.
 
Eventually, the conversation moved to the sofas and I quickly found Seungri again. He smiled as I sat next to him and placed a hand on his thigh. He subconsciously moved his hand to the back of my hair and played with the loose strands just above my neck.
 
“Do you want to take a look around?” Seungri whispered to me. I nodded and he grinned before standing up slowly. Everybody was engulfed in their own conversations that they didn’t notice us sneaking off. I leapt up the stairs after Seungri and slid down the smooth floorboards on my socks. Seungri giggled and I opened one of the doors along the corridor and looked into the large unfurnished room. I nodded and closed the door again.
 
We then found a bathroom and investigated the fancy toilet before leaving again. We then found his bedroom which he was sharing with Hyorin. “Nice” Seungri said at the huge window that looked out at Seoul. We left that room before opening the last one on that corridor; it was another guest bedroom, this one with some furnishings. I turned the light on and looked around. It had an ensuite and a walk in closet.
 
“I want to move in” I whined. Seungri laughed and turned around.
 
“Our house is just as nice” he moaned. I grinned, enjoying teasing him. I sauntered over to the bed and jumped on it.
 
“JiYong?” Seungri warned. I smile innocently at him.
 
“What?” I asked, my voice laced with sarcasm.
 
“It’s Youngbae’s NEW house.” Seungri objected.
 
“Didn’t say that about the old one.” Seungri blushed furiously and looked down at his socks. I held my laughter in. “Come here.” I beckoned. He obeyed me and I sat up, he stood between my legs and I looked up at him.
 
“We shouldn’t do this, Ji. The president is literally a few meters away.” I smirked.
 
“That’s what makes it more exciting, baby.” He pushed me down onto the mattress. He had started ing my shirt when the door opened. I detached my lips from his neck.
 
“Oh my word.” He quickly rolled off of me and looked up. I looked towards the door and met the eyes of the President, Youngbae, Hanbin and Mino. Youngbae looked amused, but slightly annoyed whilst the President and the other two just looked shocked. I covered the now appearing red mark on my chest and blushed furiously.
 
“Yeah, so this was the guest bedroom.” He coughed awkwardly. I looked down at the bed in shame of being caught. Seungri was still panting from the previous activities.
 
I heard the door shut and I looked up to see just the president standing there. “I need to see you two in my office, tomorrow morning, 11 o’clock sharp.” With that he opened the door again and walked out, leaving us in silence.
 
“, JiYong, what did I say?” he paced angrily, pushing his hands through his hair. I bit my lips nervously. I was ting myself on the inside but I didn’t want to show Seungri because I knew that he’d get even more worried.
 
“Don’t worry, sweetie – it’s not like he’s gonna kick us out the company.” I got up and placed my hand on Seungri’s waist. He wrung his hands anxiously.
 
“Shall we just go home, I don’t feel like celebrating any more” he whispered. I nodded and pulled him into a hug, burying my nose into his hair.
 
“I’m sorry” I whispered, wrapping him in my warmth.
 
“It’s not your fault, it takes two to tango.” He giggled slightly. I nuzzled his mop of hair and let him out of my arms.
 
“It’s gonna be so awkward going back through.” I said quietly. As we were about to open the door, Youngbae walked in and I pulled my hand back quickly.
 
“Well, guys” he started before sighing “good one, making out in my new apartment…AGAIN”
 
“We didn’t mean it, Hyung – I’m sorry!” Seungri called. Youngbae just huffed and walked over to the bed, straightening the covers.
 
“I don’t think I need to lecture you, the president will give you that tomorrow. But guys, don’t try and play innocent, just come clean to Hyung and I’m sure he’ll find it in himself to understand.” Seungri nodded and slipped his fingers through mine.
 
“Are you two saying then?” Youngbae asked, hands on hips.

“I don’t think we should.” Seungri whispered.
 
“The president left” Youngbae stated.
 
“What about Mino and Hanbin?” I asked.
 
“They haven’t left but they kind of laughed when the president left, so they’re okay with all of it.” I breathed a sigh of relief.
 
“Let’s go baby” I smiled. Youngbae followed us out and we made our way nervously downstairs. Hanbin blushed when he saw us and elbowed Mino. Mino winked at me and it was my turn to blush.
 
We stayed for another few hours but it soon got late and we were not able to enjoy ourselves as much anymore. I drove us back to our apartment and looked over at Seungri when we had parked. He had fallen asleep, his head had fallen on his shoulder and his phone sat loosely in his hand. I smiled and unbuckled the seat belt. I picked his phone up and put it in my pocket to stop it falling.
 
“Come on Ri” I whispered. He stirred and his eyelids fluttered open. I half carried him up to the apartment. He was slightly drunk which didn’t help. In the end he fell asleep so I undressed him and put him to bed with minimal effort. We had a big day tomorrow and I needed to get some rest, so I wrapped my arms around his torso and slid my legs between his before falling asleep.
 
The weather reflected our mood the next morning. We ate breakfast in sullen silence, Seungri was nursing a slight hangover and we were both brooding about the meeting to come. The rain lashed against the large windows of our apartment and Seoul was covered in a thick and unpleasant fog.
 
The drive was silent, only disrupted by the Drake CD I had playing. Seungri bopped his head slightly and I hummed along at points. Seungri kept fiddling with the promise ring I had given him two years ago, the identical ring sat on my pinkie and I swung it around whilst waiting at the traffic lights.
 
“So we’re telling him everything, no lies?” Seungri asked at last.
 
“Maybe not…everything” I winked at him and he blushed.
 
“Yah! Kwon JiYong.” I giggled and pulled up outside the building. “I love you” he suddenly said. I looked at the boy in the seat with adoration.
 
“You sound like we’re going to our deaths.” I laughed “I love you too” he gave my hand a squeeze before opening the car door.
 
“Lets go to the hanging block then shall we my dear” he called as he showed his ID. I laughed and locked the car before following him in.
 
It was quiet in the cafeteria. Two of the computer technicians sat eating an early breakfast and we waved to the cooks before taking the stairs up to the seventh floor, Yang Hyunsuk’s office. His receptionist saw us and waved kindly.  We sat in the chairs outside his office like naughty school kids.
 
“He said you can come in” the receptionist smiled. I gripped Seungri’s hand tightly in my own and we opened the door before walking in. We held hands defiantly as if to say “Nobody is breaking us apart.” Hyunsuk hyung sat at his computer, typing away, he didn’t look up when we came in but when he did, his eyes rested immediately on our hands, with a quirked eyebrow he finally spoke.
 
“Sit down, Seunghyun and JiYong.” We sat down on the two chairs in front of his desk. He typed for a few more minutes before pushing his monitor back and looking at us. “So, do you want to explain yourselves?” he said first. I looked down at the floor, so nervous about what he was going to say. “Nothing?” he sighed. “How long has this been going on for now?”I looked at Seungri before answering.

 

“Nearly five years, sir” his eyes widened but he quickly composed himself. I bit my lip and drew circles with my thumb on the back of Seungri’s hand in an attempt to calm him.

 

“Were you ever planning on telling me?” Seungri answered this time.

 

“We were going to wait until after JiYong’s military” I coughed and looked down again.

 

“And what about scandals, what if you’d been caught?” he was asking so many questions.

 

“We were always careful, sir. And if we had been caught – we would have dealt with the consequences as you deemed fit.” He nodded but still didn’t look at ease.

 

“You’re aware, of course – of the this would put BigBang through if it became public.” We both nodded solemnly.

 

“The guys said that they have our backs no matter what.” I commented. “They said they would face the consequences with us if it came to it.” Hyunsuk nodded thoughtfully.

 

“And you’re careful with pictures and such?” he paused “So like nothing dodgy of each other on one of your phones?” I gulped and looked at Seungri who had gone pink. Hyunsuk looked between us. “How can you be so careless? I don’t want to know what type of pictures each of you has of the other but what if you lost your phone? What if someone hacked it and released the images?” we were silent, reflecting (not so much) on our careless actions.

 

“Yet” he started “at the end of the day, it’s your choice.” He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Do you want to go public?” my eyebrows shot up.

 

“W-what?” I stammered.

 

“Would you want to tell everyone?” he repeated.

 

“Sir-“ Seungri started.

 

“I’ve known both of you since you were practically kids. And so, at the end of the day – obviously I want both of you to be happy. But I feel as though telling people will also have negative issues to your happiness, there would be hate – lots of it.” I nodded “You would lose fans, ticket sales.” I frowned. “But I’m happy to let you.”

 

We literally gaped at him.

 

“An answer would be nice?” he said.

 

“Can we talk about it for a minute?” I asked. He nodded and turned to his computer. “Seungri ah, we have a chance to tell everybody.” Seungri looked like he was about to cry. “Do you want to?” I asked, taking hold of his other hand.

 

“Of course I want to baby, it’s just – I don’t want to ruin the other three’s reputations. I realise that we all have enough money to last us a lifetime, but I don’t want to ruin their careers that they all love so much.” I nodded.

 

“We’d have to talk to them” I agreed. We turned back to Hyunsuk.

 

“I agree, it would be best to consult with them first. But what ever you decide, decide for you, not for the company. Because, trust me – I have quite enough money to get by on.”

 

“Thank you, Hyung – you don’t realise how much this means to us.” I whispered. He just patted my hand and waved us off.

 

“I still think you two are disgusting for making out in Youngbae’s NEW house, poor man is probably cleaning everything up.” We laughed and bowed before practically skipping out of the office.

 

It turned out that when we asked the others, they told us to stop being idiots and not think about them. Daesung quietly encouraged us to go for it and take a leap of faith so in the end we did.

 

And everything ing flew out of control. I had to turn my phone off and keep it away, all the messages and comments flew out of control after I had posted a photo on instagram to break the news.

 

It had been innocent enough. It had been taken a few weeks before. Seungri had fallen asleep in my arms and he had looked so adorable with his arms around my chest and his face pressed into my neck. He had been wearing one of my sweaters and his hair was wet, he just looked adorable. It was the caption with the picture that had set people off.

 

My beautiful baby, happy fifth my love. I hope people will understand, we’re just so exhausted from hiding every thing.

 

I had posted it the day before our fifth official anniversary and oh my word the fans had gone crazy. But it was mostly love, the messages of support were piling in. Youngbae had commented.

 

You two are the cutest

 

With loads of heart emojis and Seunghyun had posted mug shots of us sleeping in each others arms on the flights and had captioned it I’ve never been more proud of the two of you, I love you my little bros.

 

I was over whelmed by the support we were given. Chaerin posted about it, it was huge news. It made head lines the next day and people were constantly ringing my manager. Obviously, there was the horrible side to things. People hated it, and I understood them – it was their choice.

 

We only left the apartment three days after and when we had turned up at YG building, the fans had crowded around, shouting “Nyongtory! Nyongtory!” Seungri had broke down into tears and we had been ushered into the building. With hugs and kisses, we had rejoiced at how kind and amazing the VIPs really were, they truly were the best fandom in the world.

 

Hyunsuk hyung didn’t shade the media as he usually did, he straight out said it. “Seungri and JiYong have been together for practically five years now. Love is love. They love each other deeply and I am in no position to stop them from doing so. I hope the fans can find it in themselves to support them instead of turning the backs, as I have done. Thank you.”

 

And other celebrities spoke out in support of us. Amber from f(x) made a YouTube video, I saw people from all over the place pop up and support us with videos and blogs. Some music shows said they would have to think before they could let us perform as they didn’t want to lose viewers and we were offended but we decided that we had known it would happen.

 

I was just so happy that it was out there now; I was so relieved that we could be ourselves in public and I embraced the fact that I could. When I went to a music show, I almost laughed at the looks of awe that Seungri and I received from the hoobaes. Namjoon from bts came up to us and congratulated us on being as brave as we were, I felt thankful after he had spoken to us.

 

“I’m proud of us” I smiled.

 

“I am too, I love you.”

 

 

 

Thanks for reading, please comment!