Crush

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

“Yah pass me the popcorn” I kicked Youngbae in the side and he groaned before reaching next to him and throwing the bag at my head. He then cuddled back down into Hyorin’s side and she wrapped her arms around his waist. I made a gagging noise and Youngbae sat up and glared at me.

 

“You’re just jealous because you’re single.” He snorted and I gave him my middle finger.

 

“Excuse you, every girl in the school wants me” I boasted proudly.

 

“Maybe you should tell them your gay then” Youngbae laughed and I frowned before falling against the back of the sofa.

 

“You know I can’t do that.” I pouted angrily and pulled my fluffy blanket up to my chin. Youngbae smiled kindly at me and held his arms out. I shuffled across the sofa and leant against my best friend’s chest. He wrapped one arm around my shoulders and I leant my chin on his broad shoulder. Hyorin smiled at me and turned her attention back to the screen.

 

“Come on guys you have school tomorrow!” My mum clapped her hands as she came into the room. We all groaned but Youngbae started getting up. “Don’t groan JiYong, at least you’ll get to see Seungri.” She wiggled her eyebrows and I blushed.

 

“Ma!” I shouted, covering my face.

 

“Seungri? Ey” Youngbae smirked. My mother and I were close and I told her everything, I told Youngbae everything as well but he would tease me if he found out about my crush. My father, however…he didn’t know anything about it and my mother and I were going to keep it that way, he would kill me.

 

“Seungri the one in the year below?” Youngbae had perked up.

 

“The blonde good looking one.” My mum chimed in.

 

“Eomma!” I groaned, wanting the earth to swallow me up.

 

“That one! Oh my, JiYong!” Youngbae squealed, jumping up from the sofa. I pulled the blanket over my head.

 

“As in Lee Seunghyun?” Hyorin added. I nodded under the blanket. They both squealed. “I have him on Instagram!” Hyorin shouted and I heard them laughing as they looked at his pictures. I couldn’t look. “Ah he’s ad orable!” Youngbae shouted, tearing the blanket off of my head.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he accused and I groaned.

 

“Because I knew you’d react like this” he was smiling and I shooed him out of my house with his girl friend. “Leave” I shouted and he laughed before following Seungri on instagram, making me scream in frustration. He skipped away and I went back into my house angrily.

 

The next morning in school, Youngbae had already told Daesung and Seunghyun and they were teasing me and teasing me. I just blushed and ran away to the toilets. But as I rounded the corner, I crashed into the one person I didn’t want to bump into. He knocked me to the floor and I met his eyes as I looked up and gasped with nervousness. He looked concerned and I blushed and looked down at the floor.

 

“I’m sorry sunbae, do you need some help?” he held his hand out and I took it before standing up briskly.

 

“I’m so sorry” I gasped before hurrying away. He was so handsome up close and I just wanted to cry at the embarrassment.

 

I went to my first lesson quickly and Youngbae, unluckily, joined me. He nudged me, still with the annoying smirk. “So are you going to ask him to the annual dance thingy, you never take anybody” I rolled my eyes and my head dropped on the table. I saw a group of girls giggling about me on the other side of the classroom and I sighed in despair.

 

“What do you think everybody would do, if I took a boy to the dance?”  Youngbae just laughed and ruffled my hair.

 

“I think they would love it, some people would any way.”

 

“I don’t even think Seungri is interested in guys” I whispered quietly this time.

 

“You don’t know unless you try” he sung and I smacked him upside the head lightly before closing my eyes.

 

It was as I was walking through the corridors that I heard a commotion coming from the boys changing rooms. There was chanting and shouting, and me, not liking to miss out on any drama, straight away headed to the source of the noise.

 

I pushed the doors to the locker room open and saw a crowd shouting and standing in a circle. “You were looking at me you little !” I furrowed my eyebrows. “Checking us all out whilst we get changed” the people were all tall and I struggled to see who the victim was.

 

A hard smack sounded and then a hiss of pain. “Come on Joo, smack him good, the little .” Another few smacks were heard and I suddenly saw the mop of blonde hair that was being attacked. Seungri.

 

I pushed through the crowd and was soon standing at the front. It was Seungri indeed. His nose had started bleeding and one of the bulky guys from the hockey team was standing over him as he cowered.

 

“Please, I would never-” another smack landed on his beautiful face and I saw a tear roll down his cheek as he tried to stop the blows.

 

“What the is going on?” I finally spoke and the others in the lower year took notice of me.

 

“J-JiYong sunbaenim.” One of the boys stuttered. Seungri didn’t look up from the floor and pity clenched my heart.

 

“I said what the is going on?” I snarled. They all shuffled nervously in the presence of their senior.

 

“He- I” the antagonist started. I ignored him and approached Seungri who was still cowering. His shirt had been ripped in the attack and I hastily pulled my jacket off before wrapping it around his shoulders.

 

“Get out” I said in a low voice. When no one moved I stood up and turned around. “I said get the out!” they all moved and rushed away, throwing Seungri and I glances. I ignored them and turned back to the frightened boy.

 

“Seungri?” he nodded and pulled my jacket around him tighter. My hand cupped his cheek and I wiped the blood away with my thumb. “They bashed you up pretty badly, love” he tensed at the nickname and I just smiled warmly.

 

“Come, let’s get you cleaned up. I have some spare clothes in my gym locker.” He seemed less shaken up when I sat him down on one of the stalls near the showers and washed his face. the shirt he had been wearing was ruined, stained with blood and ripped so he took it off and I went to my locker quickly to find one of my gym shirts.

 

“I-it says Kwon on the back but that doesn’t matter right?” I asked. He shrugged and pulled the shirt on readily but I didn’t fail to notice the other bruises on his side.

 

“They’ve done this before?” I asked.


“Yeah” he muttered quietly.

 

“Why?” he tensed.

 

“You’ll hate me too.” He whispered.

 

“No I won’t trust me.” He hugged his knees to him and propped his chin up with one hand. My shirt was slightly too big on him as he wasn’t wearing the shoulder padding.

 

“They found out that I’m ‘not into girls’ and now they think I want to kiss all of them. And now you probably do to, so I’m guessing you want your shirt back.” He was so ready to just take it off and I gaped at him.

 

“They beat you up because of that!?” he nodded and I was appalled.

 

“You know, that’s the reason I’ve only told my closest friends, bunch of homophobic s in this school” he gaped at me.

 

“W-what?” he stuttered.

 

“I have the same ‘problem’ as you, but the difference is that nobody knows on my part, I kept it secret to all but my closest friends…and now you.”

 

“Your gay?!” he gaped. I nodded simply.

 

“Oh my…” he was at a loss for words. “But all the girls would die if they found out.” He giggled suddenly.

 

“I didn’t know you were either to be fair” I shrugged. He grinned slightly.

 

“Lee Seungri” I started and he looked up. “I’m not gonna lie to you, I have thought you were extremely attractive for quite a long time now” he blushed.

 

“I noticed you staring at me across the lunch hall once” it was my turn to blush.

 

“Seriously! Ah that’s embarrassing.” He grinned.

 

“So, you know the summer dance thingy for the whole school…” I mumbled off and he raised an eyebrow “Would you like to cause uproar and go with me?” He looked so happy suddenly.

 

“I would love to, Sunbae.”

 

“Call me JiYong yeah” I smiled and he grinned.

 

“Do you want to go now, its lunch.” He nodded and I helped him up from the stall. “You can sit with us if you like.”

 

“I don’t want to scrape.”

 

“No of course you won’t, my friends will just be throwing me evil smirks the whole time but don’t worry”

 

“Okay then” he smiled warmly but winced when it hurt the bruised side of his face. My smile fell a little but I walked out of the changing rooms with him happily. He was wearing my kwon shirt still and it suited him so well, my name on his back just looked so good. As soon as I sat down at the table, silence insued.

 

“Okay?” Youngbae wiggled his eyebrows, not so subtly at Seunghyun.

 

“Okay indeed” Seunghyun said in a weird erted voice.

 

“Hi, seungri – JiYongs told me so much about you.”

 

“I have not” I protested but that damage had already been done. Seungri had gone red. I was glad nobody commented on the bruise that was clearly showing on the left side of his face but I knew they were throwing it confused looks.

 

The day of the summer party thing was growing near and Youngbae had dragged me suit shopping. I already owned tonnes of suits and I really didn’t need a new one but it was a special occasion plus I wanted to look extra good for Seungri. We had been talking non stop for the past two months since the incident and we found that we had so much to talk about that there were never awkward silences, and that was just great.

 

He had come round my house once and my mom had gone crazy, she had even started pinching his cheeks and patting his hair. That had been traumatising.

 

Loads of girls had asked me to the dance but I had to politely decline all of them, not letting out any details on whom I was really bringing. In the end I picked out a dark red, more of a maroon coloured suit of velvet. It had cost me an arm and a leg but it looked amazing. Youngbae looked great in his black glittery blazer and dress pants.

 

The night finally came and I drove round to Seungri’s house, ready to kill everybody at the dance. And boy, he looked amazing. His blonde hair had been swept back away from his eyes and he had worn a deep grey skinny suit and a dark blue tie on a white blouse. I smirked when I saw him and he looked me up and down before linking his arm with mine.

 

“You look stunning” I whispered and he blushed.


“You look breathtaking, as per usual.” We sniggered at our cheesy remarks and I drove us to the dance location with smiles and jokes being cracked. When we parked, I turned to look at him; I straightened his tie and smoothed his hair before smiling.

 

“Are you ready?”


“Oh I’m so ready” he replied confidently. I stepped out of the car and jogged round to the other side to open it for him. He took my hand when I held it out and we advanced towards the entrance. I gave it a tight squeeze as we walked through the doors.

 

It was loud and noisy and it took a while for people to notice us as we walked towards the punch table hand in hand but when people finally saw us, the murmurs calmed down and I felt many eyes staring at us but I ignored them all. I didn’t care how popular I was, or how many girls wanted to date me, I just wanted Seungri.

 

Youngbae whispered something to Hyorin and they both smiled proudly at us. But then the whispers started.
 

“They’re together?”

“JiYong oppa isn’t gay”

“Maybe they’re going as friends, but friends don’t hold hands like that”

“What on earth? No wonder her rejected Mi, he’s into guys”

 

The night progressed and we just enjoyed ourselves, dancing to all the cheesy songs, laughing with our friends. But there was still an air of uncertainness about us, all the people we didn’t know very well kept throwing us confused glances and whispering.

 

It wasn’t until we had both drunk quite a bit that their suspicions were confirmed. Seungri and I started making out on the dance floor and Youngbae shouting and whooping didn’t help the attention we started getting. But I was too drunk to care. I fisted my hands into his hair and claimed him for the world to see, love bites were left on his neck and if it wasn’t for Daesung, we would have gone further right there on the dance floor.

 

The lights, the alcohol, the adrenaline, it was all too much and we soon moved to the seating area to carry on. It wasn’t until the main gym teacher found us flushed and panting on the sofa, that she shooed us away with a disapproving laugh.

 

I was just so happy that everybody knew, Seungri was mine. I asked him out that night and he straight out said yes. Seunghyun whooped and shouted and was so drunk that he announced it through the speakers. People actually cheered and I kissed him on the podium, just to prove a point, no girl was going to change my mind. Seungri was mine, and I was his.

 

 

 

Its been a while, sorry :( ive been super busy with exams and stuff and I’m trying to write a new Nyongtory story since I finished my chaptered one the other week, feel free to read it if you wish, it’s called “Corrupt” *lowkey advertising*

 

Anyway, I hope you liked it, please comment and stuff :)