A leap in the dark

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

 

It had been nearly four months, four months since I moved in with Seungri.
Four months since Seungri had laughed.
Four months since Seungri had seen my face.
Four months since the accident.
Four months since Seungri had lost his sight…
 
The rain was lashing against the window and I stared down at the boy sleeping next to me. His eyes were closed and his hair splayed out across the pillow. It was growing long, but nobody had attempted to cut it and it now fell to the base of his neck. His breathing was even and I watched the rise and fall of his chest with satisfaction.
 
A scar still ran down the left side of his face and even though it was fading, it was still visible and every time I looked at it, it brought me back to reality. He was never going to be the same again. I reached over and brushed the strands of hair out of his face. His nose twitched and then he slowly opened his eyes.
 
I swallowed back the lump when he looked at my chest and not my face. “Hyung?” his voice was croaky and he cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Neh, Seunghyun – it’s me.” I said. His brow cleared and he rolled over onto his side so he was facing where my voice had come from. He reached out and his fingertips touched my nose. I closed my eyes whilst his fingertips explored my face. My forehead, my eyes, my lips – I sat there and let him do it.
 
“What time is it, Hyung?” he asked quietly. I looked up at the clock.
 
“Nearly 10 in the morning” I answered and he sat up.
 
“I need to go to the studio, I was going to go to a meeting!” he jumped off the bed and stumbled around the room before banging into the desk and falling over. I rushed to his side.



“Are you alright?” I asked. He nodded and I saw tears well up in his beautiful brown eyes. “Come on” I helped him to his feet and guided him to the bathroom. He still needed help to get undressed and I joined him in the shower. The shower hid his tears yet I could still hear his quiet sobs although he wasn’t facing me, his back was shaking.
 
I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. He finally let it go and cried into my chest, I let him cry and cry until he pulled out of the hug because the water had gone cold. He felt around the shower and I opened the door for him. His eyes focused on the wall ahead of him as I wrapped a towel around his body.
 
He attempted to get dressed himself and I helped find his shoes before he was ready to go. BigBang was on an indefinite hiatus and the fans were being the best. They sent messages of support every day to Seungri of which I read out. They had only found out a month ago but they were honestly the best fans ever.
 
I guided Seungri to my car and he put sunglasses on to, as he said “avoid any awkward stares that he might give people” I drove to the YGE building and parked in the car park. The paparazzi were there already there and I held onto Seungri’s hand tightly. He curled into my chest and I guided him through the doors and into the familiar entrance of YG entertainment.
 
Youngbae was in the cafeteria and he jumped up when I came in with Seungri. “Ri, JiYong, Hyunsuk hyung said he will see us whenever.” Seungri nodded and I smiled before sitting on the bench with Seungri next to me.
 
“What do you want to eat?” I asked. He considered it for a minute before telling me his order and I smiled before going to the cafeteria, leaving Seungri with Youngbae. The chef commented how nice it was to see Seungri again and I thanked her for the delicious food before returning to the table.
 
Seungri managed to eat mostly by himself and even if he did miss his mouth a few times, I was there to mop up the spillages. Chaerin came in half way through the meal; it was the first time she had been in Seoul since the accident. She had been working on her album for so long in America and eve when the news about Seungri reached her, she couldn’t come. But when she walked into the cafeteria and saw Seungri, she let out a loud squeal – causing the dancers and trainees to look up in shock.
 
“Ri baby!” she shouted, sprinting over to our table. Seungri turned towards the noise but he didn’t know where she was until Chaerin had flung her arms around him. He hugged her back and let her cuddle him for a good five minutes. “Me and you have a great deal of catching up to do!” she grinned. Yet I could see the sadness in her eyes at seeing Seungri so different.
 
He had been so energetic before, so full of life – now he was silent and sad all the time. She took Seungri’s hand and helped him get over the bench before giving me a thumbs up and taking my maknae away from me.
 
Youngbae looked at me over his mug of herbal tea. “How is he doing?” I sighed and looked down at my own meal.
 
“I don’t know. He cries all the time, he has nightmares and…how would you feel if you had to live in darkness?” Youngbae looked down at the table.
 
“I would rather die” he stated matter or factly. “It’s just…seeing someone I love so much going through all of this hurts you know, it really hurts.” He stopped speaking and cleared his throat. “I reckon Chae will cheer him up a bit though.” We went silent and I ate my food quickly.
 
Ten minutes later, Chae came back into the room laughing with her arm looped in Seungri’s. Seungri had a small smile on his lips and my heart warmed at the sight. My thoughts drifted back to the horrible day.

 

Flashback

 

“What!?” I shrieked down the phone. I jumped out of bed and shoved my feet into boots before rushing out of my front door, not caring what I looked like to anybody. All that mattered was Seungri. He had been performing on stage and a firework – just like all those years ago, had hit him, only this time it was in the face. They were taking care of him backstage and I was rushing like a mad man to his show.

 

The staff let me through and I soon found an unconcious seungri lying on the sofa with staff crowding around him. They were waiting for an ambulence and I cupped Seungri’s face in my hands. Blood dripped down his forehead and over his eyes and a cut ran across his nose and eyes.

 

Three weeks later Seungri was finally going to have the bandage taken off his head by the hospital. I was with his mother and sister and Seunghyun around Seungri’s bed and he was clutching onto my hand like there was no tomorrow.

 

The doctor unwrapped the bandage from his face slowly and carefully and dimmed the lights as he did it. Seungri was still on slight anaesthetic and was sleepy yet he managed to bounce up and down excitedly at the thought of getting out of hospital.

 

The last wrapping came off and the doctor carefully removed the pads from Seungri’s eyes. They were swollen and red and closed and the doctor told seungri to open them one at a time. The puss had built up around his eyes and the doctor dabbed warm water on them before he could get them open.

 

Seungri opened one eye and then the next but his face fell. “I-I don’t think you took all the wrapping off hyung-nim.” He adressed the doctor. The doctor looked confused and replyed that he had removed all the bandages and with that comment seungri broke down. “I-I can’t see!” he wailed. “I can’t see! Why is it so dark!” my eyes widened. “JiYong, Eomma, why aren’t you here, I can hear you so why can’t I see you.” I started up and looked at the doctor who had gone pale.

 

“What the hell is going on?” I said quietly. He looked up from Seungri.

 

“I have no idea, the MRI scans showed that his eyes had healed” he scurried out of the room only to return with a more senior doctor.

 

“Why can’t I see” seungri wailed again “I’m scared, hyung – where are you?”

 

 

End of flashback

 

Chaerin held Seungri’s arm back to the table and he sat next to me again. He reached around and clasped my fingers in his tightly. “Hyung?”

 

“Neh, Ri-ah” seungri paused and looked at the floor.

 

“I want to carry on with BigBang.” I gaped at him.

 

“What, seunghyun-”

 

“My voice isn’t gone, is it? Why can’t I stay in BigBang?” Youngbae raised an eyebrow at me across the table and I shook my head.

 

Seungri made an amazing recovery. He never regained his sight and his spirit was different, he was more determind. Sure he couldn’t dance as well, he would never be able to. But I helped him get through it. He learnt brail like it was nothing and I started learning it as well and joined him in the lessons only to fail miserably compared to Seungri.

 

It was scary how well his other senses coped with his loss of sight. He could smell the canteen food from a mile away and hear me from the other side of the building. Mr. Yang called him YG’s finest and Mnet especially added an award to the Mnet asian music awards called “The most inspirational person” seungri won that and even though I had to hold his hand and guide him down the stage, he grinned and excepted that award, making the whole stadium roar with approval.

 

He was well loved every where, and his popularity only increased. Sure, he couldn’t do the things he used to such as going clubbing and meeting all his close friends by himself, but he was content in his own way. He would never be as happy as he had been before – that much was obvious but he was an inspiration. And nobody would ever forget it.

 

It had been a year since I had moved in with seungri.

A year since seungri had seen my face.

A year since the accident .

A year since Seungri lost his sight.

But he was okay.

 

 

Sorry its late.

I feel as though all of my stories take place in hospitals with the main character suffering, sorry about that.

WHO SAW THE MAMA AWARDS THOUGH!!!!
Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh We're 2NE1  Eh eh eh eh eh eh Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey

Holy I lost my macaroons when Bom appeared. I swear I fell off my chair and started crying and now I have lost my voice from screaming so…that was fun.

Bommie is my absolute fave; she is literally my inspiration for life. Lol, that sounds kind of sad. 2NE1 is back, the queens have retaken their throne!!! Mwahahaha!!!!!!!!

And when Seungri sat on Sehun’s lap, I was like “Mr G to the D isn’t going to be happy with you cuddling with someone else! Await your punishment Seunghyun, just you wait”

Any way, please comment you thoughts on the chapter, sorry it’s so sad on such a great day but I was feeling angsty.

Ooh and I don’t know if any of you watch “I’m a celebrity” but I found this cute clip of George from it singing Lonely by 2NE1 and I was so happy. I think it’s a British and Australian show so you might not know what it is.

To missaimamie I’m doing your request next btw!!!!!

Thanks, again, pleas comment, it’s the best thing to get as an author!