Care

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

 

When Seungri had finished showering; he went into the dressing room to find his clothes. As usual, he had been left with the uglier ones whilst JiYong looked amazing in his brand new clothes. He had been left with some ugly denim jacket and black pants that really didn’t go together. Seungri sighed and grabbed them off the hook.

“Are there any other clothes?” he asked the stylist who was currently pushing the “king” himself’ hair into a quiff, Seungri gulped as JiYong looked up at him like he was a small child.

“I’m afraid not Seungri-ah” she said “but why don’t you ask to swap with someone?” he nodded and looked down at JiYong.

“Can you maybe, hyung. You look good in anything. These clothes will look horrible on me?” Seungri knew somehow that it was useless. Once JiYong had picked out his clothes, there was no going back.

“No maknae. You’re the youngest you get last pick, okay?” Seungri ignored him and sullenly turned around. “Ya maknae, answer me!” he cursed him under his breath and he heard him get up from the chair. “What did you say maknae?” his voice was dead serious and he had forgotten how much cursing him out could piss him off. Youngbae looked up from the couch; he could tell that JiYong was angry.

“I didn’t say anything, hyung” he smiled. He was feeling short of patience and his head was killing him. He narrowed his eyes at Seungri who gulped as he advanced forward.

“Why did we have to get you as a maknae? Hyunseung wouldn’t have whined like a baby. You’re so pathetic maknae sometimes I just despair…” he was about to go on but Youngbae stood up from the couch.

“You’re going too far, hyung. Leave him alone.” It was too late though the damage was already done. Seungri felt tears come to his eyes. Daesung and Seunghyun looked up from across the room. He was angry and humiliated. The maknae grabbed the clothes from the table and stormed out of the room. Youngbae called after him but didn’t follow. He changed into the clothes and wiped away the tears in the toilet. He didn’t want to see anyone; JiYong had humiliated him in front of everyone.

Seungri sighed and went to the side of the stage. Nobody was here yet and he just leaned against the wall waiting until we were called in.



JiYong

JiYong was breathless as he came off of the stage. They’d had a good performance. The award had gone to Ailee so JiYong didn’t mind, her song was killer.

He went straight to the dressing room. So did everybody else except Seungri who had managed to slip off somewhere else. He felt bad for earlier. He had seen that he had made him cry and Youngbae had reproached him for it. He thought no more about Seungri’s disappearance and got dressed before getting a separate car back to the hotel.

The others didn’t arrive for another half an hour and when they did, JiYong found Youngbae in a state of panic. He put his ramen on the table and stood up when he saw his frantic face. “What’s happening?” he asked.

“Seungri’s disappeared” he answered, holding his phone to his ear.

“Have you called him?”

“That’s the first thing I did but it goes straight to voicemail.” He looked at JiYong accusingly “this is your entire fault. If you hadn’t been such a and said you would rather have Hyunseung as a maknae-”

“-I didn’t say that-”

“-but you implied it. All he did was ask to swap clothes and you decided to have a hissy fit about it.” JiYong felt bad again and walked out of the room. He got his phone out and dialled Seungri’s number and as Youngbae had said it went straight to voicemail. JiYong went back downstairs after trying a few more times. Youngbae had given up and was watching TV. “Wow you gave up fast” he looked up.

“He has to come home at some point doesn’t he?” was Youngbae’s excuse. The leader sighed and sat next to him on the sofa.

Hours passed and Seungri was still not back. He hated to think of him alone in a huge city like Osaka without anyone else. It was passed eleven and the rain was pelting down outside. He looked at the clock for the fifth time this minute. “That’s it” he stood up from the sofa.

“Where are you going?” Youngbae asked innocently. JiYong pulled on a black rain mac and a pair of boots over the jeans and sweater he was wearing. It was raining quite heavily outside.

“I’m going to look for him” was his short answer.

“At this time of night?” Youngbae asked with eyebrows raised.

“Look, it’s my fault he’s gone, I was horrible to him. He probably thinks we don’t want him in the band-”

“-you” he interrupted.

“What?” JiYong asked.

“He thinks you don’t want him in the band.” he nodded sadly.

“Okay, go but be careful” he called as JiYong walked out of the front door. He pulled his hood up as he walked into the torrent of rain that was hammering down. The streets were empty of people and he had no idea where to start. JiYong knew Seungri well; he didn’t like people to see him when he was upset. He could easily just wander around Osaka all night.

He went to the main street in Osaka. It was full of shops and spas. Somehow he couldn’t imagine that he would be here. He searched it for two hours but the Maknae was nowhere to be found. It was past one in the morning. Where are you Seungri? 

He tried to call him again but it didn’t work again. He went through bars and clubs hoping to see the familiar mop of auburn hair hitting it off happily with the ladies on the dance floor. JiYong didn’t drink a drop of alcohol and only stayed in the clubs when he was sure Seungri wasn’t there. It was nearly three and the rain had still not eased off.

In the end, the distraught leader just stumbled along the Yodo river side. The rain had gone from a light drizzle to a cold heavy rain. He couldn’t go back to the dorm without Seungri and he knew that Youngbae would have called him if he had come home. He had no idea where he was.

JiYong walked near a small cluster of benches and stopped short in his tracks when he saw a small figure hunched over next to a bench. His heart leaped with the possibility that it could be Seungri. As he came closer silently, JiYong recognised his auburn hair now wet and matted against his head. JiYong only then realised that Seungri was wearing just a light shirt which was now stuck to his thin frame.

He came up and stood right behind Seungri, he still hadn’t noticed him. He had his arms wrapped around his knees which were tucked up to his chest. “Ri” JiYong broke the silence. He stopped shivering and sprung to his feet.

“J-JiYong hyung” he spluttered. He looked ill, the makeup from the performance had rubbed off and his dark circles could be seen obviously. JiYong looked at the younger thoughtfully, wandering if he should be angry at him for running away or if he should hug him with relief. He decided on the latter and leapt forward and wrapped his arms around his wet frame. He froze in the Leaders arms.

“I was so worried about you Ri. You can’t just disappear like that!” JiYong pulled him even closer. He slowly brought his arms up to rest on his back.

“I’m sorry” he choked out.

“Don’t be, I’m the one who is sorry. I was horrible to you for no reason and I really didn’t mean what I said.” He accepted the apology and pulled JiYong tighter who could feel his freezing arms through the thin shirt he was wearing and JiYong pulled away taking a proper look at him.

His lips were slightly tinted blue and his hands had gone red with the cold. Without a second thought, the older pulled his rain mac over his head and at once the clothes below got soaked. He pulled the mac over Seungri’s head and stopped his protests. He still had a jacket on even though it was soaked through. 

Seungri’s legs went weak and he half collapsed into JiYong. “ maknae, are you alright” JiYong yelped, holding onto Seungri’s waist.

“I-I’m fine hyung” he replied, putting his weight back onto his legs. He paused and looked out at the river again. “Hyung…” he stopped himself and looked out at the river.

“What is it maknae?” JiYong asked.

“Would you really prefer Hyunseung as a maknae?” Seungri stuttered nervously over his words. JiYong was taken aback as he realised that Seungri had taken the words to heart.

“Of course not, forget what I said earlier, you know I didn’t mean it. I love you maknae, we would never change you!” Seungri couldn’t meet JiYong’s eyes, he was so ashamed. “Let’s go back to the dorm and feed you up, ey?” JiYong held onto the youngers hand as they walked back towards the hotel.

 

When they got back to the hotel, JiYong made Seungri a cup of green tea to warm him through. He was still shivering and looked rather ill. Youngbae who was alone in his apartment came down when JiYong told him that he had found the younger.

“I’m gonna shower hyung” Seungri told JiYong when he had finished his tea. He had a head rush as soon as he stood up and JiYong rushed to his side.

“Do you want some help?” Seungri shook his head in answer.

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry” he let go of JiYong and ignored the pain in the back of his head as he ascended the stairs and went into the bathroom. When he had stripped off to nothing, he turned the shower on and waited for it to turn hot.

His head was killing him yet again and he fished around in his wash bag today find the bottle of painkillers he had packed, when he had swallowed two, he put his hand under the tap and found it warm.

He didn’t realize how cold he had been until the warm water hit his back. Sure it wasn’t boiling yet but it warmed him through. He had a wave of nausea and he nearly chucked up in the shower. He stopped himself and clutched onto his throbbing head. The shower door went fuzzy as his head swam and he fell against the wall heavily.

He tried to regain control of his body but his legs gave out under him and he collapsed leaving him a shivering mess against the shower tray. He sighed in exhaustion before blacking out completely.

...

JiYong watched Seungri walk up the stairs slowly and felt dread in his heart. He knew that the younger hadn’t forgiven him completely. After a few minutes, he followed the maknae upstairs, the bathroom was connected to the bedroom and he sat down on the bed with a sigh. He straightened his head when he heard a thump against the wall and a moan.

What the hell? JiYong stood up from the bed and walked towards the closed door. He hesitated before knocking. “Seungri-ah!” no answer “Yah, panda boy” still no answer. He knocked again anxiously and called out for Seungri. When he still got no answer, he tried the door and found it locked stupid Seungri, he would lock it. Taking the stairs two at a time, he grabbed the keys from the table and ran back to the bathroom. The door opened easily and JiYong ran into the bathroom with worry in the pit of his stomach.

His worries were confirmed when he saw the maknae’s body curled up on the floor of the shower. He swore and tore open the shower doors. The water from the shower head was still beating down on his body but JiYong got in the shower and checked Seungri’s pulse. It was there and he sighed with relief.

JiYong wrapped his arms around the younger’s torso and dragged him out of the shower. He rested him on the tiled floor and splashed some cold water on his face. He didn’t care that the younger was but for Seungri’s sake, he draped a towel over his lower half.

After a minute Seungri started coughing up water, JiYong helped him into sitting position. Seungri opened his eyes and groaned “What the hell happened?” he looked down to find himself except for the hand towel and blushed.

“You passed out in the shower” JiYong had water still dripping from his face and his clothes were once again soaked. The maknae swore to himself before collapsing into JiYong again. “Let me help you” the older grabbed a towel and put it over Seungri’s hair before rubbing furiously.

“Yah, not so hard!” Seungri yelped. JiYong continued drying his hair until it was fluffy and just a little damp. Seungri was still feeling weak so JiYong helped dry his body as well. “Are you still cold?” Seungri shook his head adamantly but JiYong could see goose bumps appearing on his skin.

“Liar” he grinned and wrapped his arms around the others body before carrying him into the bedroom despite his protests. JiYong let the maknae dress himself to save embarrassment on both sides.

When JiYong had pulled on a fresh tee and shorts, he turned around to see Seungri in a similar outfit curled up on the bed asleep. JiYong smiled to himself and pulled the duvet over Seungri’s body before getting in next to him and wrapping his arms around Seungri’s thin frame and whispering goodnight.



Seungri woke up trapped underneath a heavy weight. He poked his head over the top of the duvet and tried to get out from under JiYong without waking him up. He removed JiYong’s hand from his stomach and shuffled out leg by leg, arm by arm and then finally his chest. JiYong moaned slightly before feeling around for Seungri, not finding him he wrapped his arm around a pillow instead. Seungri held his aching head and blinked a few times before standing up from the bed.

He went into the kitchen of the tiny apartment and made himself a cup of coffee. He didn’t feel like eating, even though his stomach was hollow. He had already forgiven JiYong for yesterday, maybe that was the problem – he forgave too easily. He sat with his head resting on his knuckles, his thumbs between his teeth.

JiYong walked into the kitchen a few minutes later, shirtless – his eyes weren’t quite open and his hair stuck up in all different directions. He didn’t notice Seungri but when he did, he jumped. “Mate, I didn’t see you there!” he squinted, trying to wake up some more “Are you feeling alright – I mean after last night…” he faltered.

“Mmn” was all Seungri replied. JiYong frowned and sat opposite the spaced out maknae. He grabbed Seungri’s wrist and pulled it away from his head.

“Are you sure? You scared me so much yesterday, I didn’t know what to do when I found you” he sighed.


“You know Youngbae will be on your case about last night. You just disappeared, he was worried as well.” Seungri groaned as he felt one of Youngbae’s rare but awful lectures coming up. Seungri stood up from his chair and wacked JiYong’s . “Put some clothes on” he smiled. JiYong ignored the request and carried on cooking his breakfast. Seungri went back to the bedroom and threw on one of JiYong’s flannels along with skinny jeans and boots.

He found his phone completely discharged next to the bed and swore to himself. When he had connected it to the charger, he went to the bathroom and did his teeth. There was a knock on the door and Seungri opened it to see Youngbae standing with his arms crossed.

Great, just great.

 

 

Thank you for reading .This chapter actually comes from one of my unpublished stories but I didn't have to write so there you are .

 

Please comment. It really encourages me to write .