Music to My Ears

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

 

* basically JiYong is a professional cellist and Seungri is a Dj lmao*

 


Seungri wasn't a classical music fan, he was a dj - he enjoyed dropping beats and watching people get down to his tunes on the dance floor; but when JiYong played the last note of the concerto, so clearly and so emotionally, Seungri had to wipe a tear from his eye.

 

There was a silence and JiYong kept his bow suspended above the strings before he pulled it back and looked up with a smile on his face. His hair was all mussed up over his forehead, sticking up in all sorts of directions. JiYong stood and clasped the neck of his cello in his hand. The audience cheered and stood up in rapture. The conductor shook his hand and JiYong wiped his sweat before bowing and smiling.

 

Seungri stood up and wildly clapped as JiYong received flowers from the accompanying orchestra and kissed the leaders cheek. He bowed one more time before lowering the spike of his cello and walking off. The cheering died down after a few minutes and Seungri grabbed his program and slid his jacket on before edging his way out of his row.

 

He was so proud and he quickly walked down to the side door before skipping towards backstage. The orchestra were just leaving the stage and Seungri waited patiently before sliding in behind of the viola section.

 

JiYong was carefully placing his cello in the case before doing up the buckles, he rolled his shoulders and then turned when a man congratulated him. Seungri watched from a distance with a soft smile as JiYong bowed to all the orchestra as they individually congratulated him.

 

He looked exhausted though, and Seungri just wanted to bundle him home and into bed. JiYong caught his eye and Seungri pushed off of the wall before strutting over. “That was….breath taking” Seungri smiled, resting his arms on JiYong shoulders. JiYong smiled up shyly before resting his hands on Seungri's arm.

 

Seungri leant down and pecked JiYong on the lips and his boyfriend smiled shyly before pulling back. “Right, I need to go and converse with the conductor” JiYong smiled before rolling his shoulders painfully and reaching for his cello case. Seungri smiled and grabbed the strap before he could.

 

“You're shoulder is dodgy, I'll carry the cello” he smiled and JiYong thanked him as Seungri swung the case onto his back and slid his fingers through JiYong's. The cello was heavy and Seungri hoisted it further up his back before they went to find JiYong's conductor. JiYong still had to stop every three seconds to thank someone as they congratulated him and then they found the maestro standing with JiYong’s mother.

 

Seungri pushed him forward and let go of his hand as he lingered back and let JiYong talk with the conductor. “Spectacular, JiYong - as always” the older man smiled warmly, clasping JiYong’s hands. Seungri watched fondly as they talked about the music together and Jiyong laughed as he described how he had felt so nervous beforehand. JiYong’s mother came to stand next to Seungri and she patted him on the shoulder.

 

“It’s odd seeing you carrying a cello” she laughed and Seungri jigged his shoulders.

 

“I don’t know how he carries it everywhere, it is so heavy” she smiled at his words.

 

“He used to complain when he had to take it on the bus to school”

 

“Understandably” Seungri interjected with a small laugh. Jiyong finished up his conversation with the older man and then turned to his mother and Seungri.

 

“Where’s papa” he asked, looking around for his father.


“He had to use the loo, he’ll come in a moment” his mother smiled before sliding her arm through JiYong’s. JiYong squeezed their arms before smiling as his mother complimented him. His father came a few minutes later and they headed out to the car where his father drove them to JiYong’s flat. Seungri took the cello out of the boot and hoisted it over his shoulder once again and Jiyong hummed as he said his goodbyes to his parents and slid his fingers through Seungri’s as they made their way to the lift.

 

Their apartment was dark and cold and Seungri wasted no time in turning the heat up and the lights on. JiYong groaned and put the kettle on before rubbing his shoulders and wincing with pain. “Right, I’ll give you a massage” Seungri patted Jiyong’s bum lightly and made him go lie down on the bed.

 

He quickly made Jiyong a cup of herbal tea before moving the cello to the studio room where it was safe and then returned to the bedroom where JiYong was scrolling through his phone catching up with missed messages. Seungri placed the mug down on the bedside table before slapping JiYong on the and making him roll over onto his front.

 

“Shirt off” he commanded and JiYong giggled before ing and depositing the button-up on the floor. Seungri grabbed some scented oil that he kept for JiYong’s massages and opened the cap. It was often that JiYong had a sore back and sore shoulders from his cello playing and Seungri was always there to help.

 

JiYong groaned as Seungri pressed his hands down into his tight shoulders, the knotted muscles rolling under his touch. Seungri hummed and swung his legs over JiYong’s body before straddling him and sitting down on the base of his back. He kneaded JiYong’s taut skin and felt Jiyong relax under him, his back slowly becoming less tense. After topping up the oil, he went in again and worked on his lower back. JiYong’s moans were borderline ual and Seungri had to hold back his laughter.

 

He gently leant down and pressed kisses to JiYong’s spine, trailing down his back until he got to the dimple at the base of his spine in his lower back. Jiyong shivered when Seungri kissed him there and then turned over with force, almost making Seungri topple onto the floor. Seungri giggled and Jiyong grabbed his fingers to make sure he regained his balance.

 

JiYong sat up and pecked Seungri on the lips before going back in and threading his fingers through JiYong’s hair as he on the other man's tongue, gently pressing into the kiss, shifting so he was in Seungri’s lap, his legs wrapped around his waist.

 

Seungri pulled back after a minute before waving his hand through JiYong’s messy hair, attempting to straighten the unruly locks. JiYong just smiled as he did so. “Right you need to sleep” Seungri whispered before pressing his lips to Jiyong’s one more time. JiYong pulled back and slid his dress pants off and onto the floor so he was just in his boxers before falling onto the mattress and pulling the duvet over. He looked so cute, all snuggled up and Seungri pulled off his own clothes before sliding in next to him and wrapping his arms around the other's petite frame.

 

Seungri woke up to more cello playing and he looked at the clock to see that it was eight in the morning. With a yawn, he padded out of the room, itching his - he put the coffee machine on before following the melodic sounds to find JiYong fiddling about on his instrument. He was playing chords and turning the ‘big pegs’ as Seungri liked to call them. JiYong was sitting there in baggy plaid pajama pants and a white sweater, with his hair thrown up into a little whale tale on top of his head, he looked adorable.

 

Jiyong then struck out into some chords that Seungri proudly recognised as the elgar cello concerto. “Very good” he smiled and JiYong placed his bow on his knees before leaning back, clasping his cello in one hand.

 

“I need to get my bow rehaired” he sighed, thumbing across the hairs on his bow. Seungri watched as he picked it up and played an open string. “Aish so annoying” he frowned before placing it on the stand and plucking gently instead.

 

“I can drop it off at the music place if you’d like?” JiYong shook his head.

 

“I’ll come with you, don’t worry” Seungri smiled and wandered back to the kitchen to pour himself his coffee.

 

Seungri had to go to the club he worked at later that day to sort out his tracklist for that night and JiYong came with him to watch him work. He had his cello on his shoulder as usual, as he was stopping by the music shop on the way home. Seungri greeted his friends with hand slaps and bro hugs before JiYong smiled shyly and bowed the best he could with the heavy instrument on his back. Seungri introduced JiYong as his boyfriend although most of Seungri’s colleagues knew who Jiyong was as he came quite regularly.

 

Seungri sat and started sifting through the tracks he was going to use and JiYong watched fondly from the side as Seungri started blaring drake through the speakers and then adding layers of beats. It was rather impressive even to the expert musician that Jiyong was.

 

Both of them loved such different music and had such different lives but they both enjoyed each other's work and it was so special, JIYong with his cello and Seungri with his djing. It was a weird match, but anyone would agree, they were the cutest couple on earth.

 

 

 


 

 

Lol I don’t really know where that came from and sorry if its really :(

Please comment!