Sick [Part 4]

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

Final chapter! please comment!

 

 

“Are you scared?” JiYong asked me. I turned to look at him.

 

“Yeah, I’m terrified” I whispered. He snuggled closer to me on the hospital bed and wrapped his arms around my skinny frame. I lifted his hand and entwined my fingers with his, playing with the rings on his fingers.

 

“Just another day” he whispered. Hyoki came barrelling through the door as JiYong was about to kiss me.

 

“Ew! Umma they were kissing again!” She shouted and I went crimson. JiYong’s mother came in with a satisfied smile on her face.

 

“Well hi” she laughed. JiYong satisfied himself by kissing my collar bone instead before dropping his head on my shoulder. Hyoki sat patiently on her bed and waited for the nurse to come and take her heart rate and give her the medicine she needed.

 

My operation was tomorrow morning and today was the last time I was allowed visitors before they drugged me up. Hana came in from the cafeteria with a surprise.


“Dad?” I whispered. He hadn’t been home in months. I struggled with my feet in the blanket and they got caught so I half jumped half stumbled out of bed. JiYong helped me regain balance and I ran over to my dad. “Appa!” He wrapped me in his strong arms and I buried my face in his neck.

 

“Oh Seunghyun!” he cried and I just hugged him. “I’ve missed you so much” he whispered “how are you feeling?” he asked, pushing my back to take a look at me.

 

“Not so great but that will change soon” he nodded. “Oh, Dad, this is JiYong” I said, gesturing for JiYong to approach, he did and bowed to my dad.

 

“Hi, I’m Kwon JiYong” he said sincerely. My dad shook his hand and gave me a small smile. JiYong wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer as we all talked. My mum came in after she had finished her shift and we all sat in a circle in the waiting room chairs and talked about this and that. Hyoki sat on my lap and I wrapped my arms around her waist to stop her falling off the chair.

 

Soon it was time and the nurses had to kick everybody out. My mum was practically crying when she wrapped her arms around me. “I love you, Seunghyun – I’ll pray all of tonight and tomorrow, it will be fine – don’t worry” she pinched my cheeks and I let her. My dad hugged me and said a few words as did Hana, then they had to go because my dad had to start cooking.

 

Then I was left with JiYong and his family. Hyoki was staying here with me anyway but JiYong’s mum hugged me and patted my cheeks affectionately and wished me well for tomorrow. Then she left and called Hyoki with her “I’ll get you something from the vending machine, dear” she said when Hyoki whined about it. JiYong looked at his mum thankfully and when they were gone he turned to me.

 

“A few more hours” he whispered, stepping closer to me. I nodded and he cupped my cheeks in his hands. I surged forward and wrapped him in my arms, burying my face into his neck. We rocked back and forth in each others arms. “I’ll think about you constantly tomorrow.” He mumbled. I pulled away and he kissed my forehead lightly. Then my nose and I scrunched it under the tickly feeling. And then my lips, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer – his hands settled on my hips and I broke away to breathe.

 

“I think I’m in love with you” he said so quietly that I could barely hear him. But I did and a smile spread across my face.

 

“I think I’m in love with you too” I said back, his head snapped up and a blush spread across his cheeks.

 

“Y-you are?” he whispered. I nodded and he swooped down to kiss me again.

 

“JiYong” he broke away when he heard his mum’s voice. His lips were swollen and red and I blushed, knowing his mum had seen us. “JiYong, honey – we have to go now” she said. I couldn’t meet her eyes, I was so mortified. JiYong didn’t seem to care, he pecked my nose one more time and pulled me into another hug.

 

“I’ll get going now” he whispered “I love you” he smiled, saying the words.

 

“I love you too” I said back. He my cheek one last time and gave a quick wave before following his mum. Hyoki came back into the room with an ice cream.

 

“Yo” she shouted. I laughed and sat down on my bed.

 

“Let me guess, JiYong has been trying to teach you to rap again?” she giggled and flashed a gang sign, I cringed and she laughed even more.

 

“Lights out guys” the nurse called. “Ah Seunghyun, I won’t see you before tomorrow, good luck!” I thanked her and pulled the thin covers over me.

 

 

The first thing I noticed when I awoke was the birds chirping. My head was still fuzzy from the anaesthetic and I moved my hand before opening my eyes. I was in a hospital room, but this one was a private one instead of a ward.

 

I craned my neck and saw my mum sleeping in the chair in the corner. My throat was dry and I noticed the feeding tube in my nose. “Mum” I said croakily. She started and when she saw that I had come too she rushed over to me.

 

“Seungie” she smoothed her hand over my brow.

 

“Water” I croaked out. She immediately held the cup to my lips and I gulped some down before sighing with relief. “Hi” I said. She kissed my forehead and took my hand in hers.

 

“How are you feeling darling?”

 

“Alright, a bit fuzzy – but I think that’s normal.” She nodded.

 

“The doctor said that there were a few complications and the operation took nearly six hours.” I raised my eyebrows. “I was so worried when I wasn’t allowed to see you because you were still in theatre.”

 

“Well I’m here now” I smiled. She just kissed the back of my hand affectionately.

 

 

JiYong was so cautious around me, he didn’t know how to touch me because he was afraid he was going to pull a wire out and I would die. I laughed and told him he was being silly. He clung onto my hand and just whispered caring words to me.

 

“They wouldn’t let me see you for so long, only family apparently” I just squeezed his hand. “I got a detention because I was day dreaming about you in my mandarin class” I laughed.

 

“Why were you day dreaming about me?” I smirked.

 

“Fine I was worrying and then I snapped at my teacher and he gave me an hour” I laughed at his story. “Plus I’m pretty sure my whole school knows about us because Youngbae went around and told everyone that he saw us kissing in the store cupboard after my performance.”


“A-and they don’t mind?” I was surprised at the acceptance.

 

“Yeah – a lot of them do” his face fell for a second “but I don’t care, the girls are just being mean because they are disappointed” his smirk appeared again and I whacked his arm.

 

“Stop being so cocky” he just shut me up with a kiss.

 

 

They years passed and my cancer showed no sign of returning. The doctor said I was never completely out of the danger zone but I was showing good signs of recovering fully. I was still with JiYong, we were moving in together in two months and I was so excited.

 

JiYong had pursued his dream of becoming a producer and he was getting more and more fame as the years went by. I was in training to become a hospice worker, I wanted to help kids who were even less fortunate than me, the ones who wouldn’t make it to adult hood.

 

My hair was back in all of its glory, I had dyed it blonde a few months back and I was planning on going natural again before winter but I hadn’t got round to it. JiYong was lying on the bed next to me, his eyes closed and I knew he was sleeping. And so I wrapped my arms around him and pressed a kiss into his abdomen. The love I had for that sleeping boy was not normal. He always called me his “Strong baby” but in my mind I knew that he was what got me through the awful recovery days after my operation. He was my saviour.

 

Finished!!!! Honestly, I was going to kill Seungri – I know, mean. But all of you guys begged to keep him alive and I didn’t have the heart to kill him in the end, plus I didn’t want JiYong to go down the same path as before. ANYWHO!

 

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment and check out my other stories.