Sick [Part 3]

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

It was a sunny day when I woke up. The bed was empty and I sat up, looking around for him. And then I heard the shower from across the hall running and I smiled before dropping back into the covers. Hana came in a few minutes later. “Hey” she greeted and I sat up and waved back.

 

“How you feeling, sweetie?” Hana asked, fixing my tubes and pushing my beanie straight back.

 

“Alright, actually. I have JiYong’s recital this morning” she nodded.

 

“Yeah, he mentioned that to me.” I nodded. JiYong came out of the bathroom in one of my t-shirts and his sweatpants; he sat on the bed and watched as Hana fixed all my tubes. My mum came in next and fussed over me too. I squirmed uncomfortably.

 

“Guys, you’re embarrassing me.” I said, pushing their prodding hands away. JiYong laughed and pushed a towel through his hair. “Mum, I’m going to get changed now.” He was obviously hinting for them to leave.

 

“Alright, alright – I’ll leave you alone.” She laughed. They both left and JiYong stood up from the bed.


“It’s cold out, you should wear something warm.” I nodded.

 

“You can choose my outfit” he grinned and delved into my wardrobe.

 

“You can meet all my friends today!” he yelled from the room. I smiled and kicked the duvet off.

 

“Is Hyoki coming?” I called.

 

“No, she has some thing to do with our cousin.” I nodded and stood up slowly from the bed. I felt a headache coming on so I grabbed a pill and swallowed it before stretching. JiYong left the closet with a pile of clothes. “It’s not a formal event, so I chose jeans” he threw them at me “and a roll neck” that came flying towards me next. “And I found some really nice Chelsea boots that I’ve never seen you wear.”

 

I pulled my shirt off and replaced it with the turtle neck. JiYong saw that I was struggling to get the wires through and helped me. I blushed and he smiled softly at me before moving away. I watched as he moved through my room, bustling about.

 

“Are you nervous?” he looked up from desk and smiled slightly.

 

“A bit, yeah.” I stood up and grabbed his hand.

 

“I’ll be cheering you on.” He smiled at me warmly.

 

“You’re so adorable.” I blushed and looked down at my toes. “We need to go in a minute.” I raised my eyebrows.

 

“Of course” I quickly pulled my jeans on and the shoes before standing up. My mum fussed over me being too cold and wrapped me in a scarf and quite a big coat. JiYong agreed to drive me as he had taken the car yesterday. I pushed a thick woolly hat on my head and took JiYong’s hand. He drove to the school and I looked around, seeing all of the students in their uniform, piling through the gates.

 

“I’m scared, JiYong.” I whispered. He took the keys out of the ignition and squeezed my thigh. “It’s just, I haven’t been to a school in nearly two years – I barely get out of the hospital and I hardly know how to act around people my age.”

 

“Hey, Seungri – you don’t act weird or different. You’re amazing, funny and smart” I blushed. “Don’t be scared, it will be fine.” I fiddled with my seat belt before meeting his eyes.

 

“Okay, lets go then.” He smiled and got out of the car before running around and opening the door for me. I walked by his side into the main entrance and I noticed that people were staring at JiYong and whispering, the girls were giggling and I nudged him with an amused smile.

 

“Someones popular” he looked down at me and rolled his eyes.

 

“What can I say, I’m just too fabulous” I giggled and he linked his arm through mine. The students were looking at me as well and I looked away shyly and stepped closer to JiYong. He saw my reluctance and unlinked our arms; instead, he slipped his hand through mine.

 

We arrived at the hall and he found me a seat on the balcony row. I recognised his mum and she waved. I adjusted my wires and tried to look inconspicuous as I sat down. JiYong kissed my forehead and left to prepare for his performance. JiYongs mum helped me out of my coat and felt my cheeks. “Seunghyun-ah you’re cold” she rubbed my cheeks and I just smiled shyly. “I can see why JiYong-ah talks about you so much, you’re very handsome.”

 

“He talks about me?” I laughed.

 

“Yeah, he and Hyoki combined – all the dinner conversations are about you” she laughed and then lowered her voice “I think JiYong likes you a lot, you’ve been a good influence” she paused and her expression darkened a little “When Hyoki fell ill, we neglected him – and it wasn’t that he didn’t understand why, he just fell into bad habits.”

 

“What bad habits?” I asked.

 

“He drank way too much; he never came home at night. And he changed a lot – he stopped eating properly and lost so much weight that he had to be hospitalised, but that was the turning point, he realised that he couldn’t do this to us, or Hyoki. He got better but he was never completely himself again, since you came a few months ago – he’s started humming around the house again and he smiles so much more – so I don’t care if he likes you as a friend, or more than a friend – all I know is that you’ve brought him back.” I smiled at her words but then a flicker of realisation crossed my mind.

 

“But I can’t promise to be here forever, I really can’t” I gestured towards the tubes coming out of my nose. She nodded and patted my hand.

 

“But you can give him a reason to be him again” she paused “and if you can’t be their with him forever, then so be it. Fate is fate, Seunghyun” I nodded.

 

The room dimmed and people started clapping. I craned my neck and looked over to see a girl around JiYong’s age walk onto the stage. She played the cello and I sat back, looking forward to the performance. It was beautiful and I enjoyed all of it. The next one played the oboe and I enjoyed that as well.

 

Next it was JiYong. He walked onto the stage looking confident and happy; I couldn’t imagine the man his mother had just described to me. He settled onto the piano stool and it fell silent. He sounded amazing, the note rang out across the hall and I just closed my eyes.

 

It lasted all of ten minutes and when he was done, I clapped loudly and his mother stood up. I laughed at her enthusiasm. JiYong bowed and left the stage again. There were a few more performances before it was all over.

 

We found JiYong in the classroom opposite the hall, talking to another boy. His mother hugged him and told him how proud she was and I just said congratulations. He wrapped an arm around my waist and introduced me to his friend. “Seungri, this is Youngbae. Youngbae, this is Seungri.” I shook hands with Youngbae and he smiled kindly at me.

 

“So this is the Seungri JiYong never stops talking about” JiYong blushed and pulled me closer. This was the second time I had heard it that day. Suddenly my phone rang and I recognised it as my specialist.

 

“I’ll be back in a moment” I smiled before walking away to answer the call.

 

“Seunghyun!” my doctor said enthusiastically. “We have great news, we got a date for the operation and we just looked at the recent scans and we believe that it’s safe to operate.” A smile spread across my face.

 

“Oh my word are you serious?!” I yelled. A few people stopped to stare at me and I lowered my voice again. “When would it be?” I bit my fingernails nervously.

 

“In about two months, January the 19th we still have to go through with radiation therapy to get the tumour as small as possible” I nodded, but realised that he couldn’t see me. “But, Seunghyun – we don’t know how far the operation will work. The tumour can still grow back-”

 

“I’ll do it. Anything to try and get better.”

 

“Of course, Seunghyun – I need to get going now but I’ll see you on Tuesday right?”

 

“Yeah, bye” I said, hanging up. I couldn’t contain my happiness and I walked into the classroom with a huge smile on my face. JiYong saw me looked radiant with joy and he beckoned me over.

 

“JiYong, they got an operation date! They can try and get rid of it” I felt actual tears in my eyes. JiYongs jaw dropped and he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he spun me around.

 

“Oh Seungri! That’s amazing!” he settled his hands under my thighs and held me in place. I rested my forehead against his and breathily laughed. Then somebody coughed and I looked over his shoulder to see his mum smiling knowingly and Youngbae grinning. The rest of the music class looked shocked.

 

I let my legs fall back to the ground and adjusted my hat awkwardly. “Sorry” I mumbled. JiYong just grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the class room. “When is it?” he said, wiping my happy tears away.

 

“January the 19th” I smiled. He pulled me into the boy’s toilets.

 

“I’m so happy” he whispered. And with that he closed the distance. And I certainly didn’t stop him.

 

 

Part 3 is up whoooo!!!!!! I reckon that there will be four chapters so yey!

I was watching the vampire diaries whilst writing this so if there are any weird sentences involving the name Stephan or damon, I appoligize.

Please comment and such.