Sick [Part 2]

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

JiYong talked, and it was amazing. He was so educated and I soon realized why HyoKi looked up to him so much. He spoke with such eloquence and I soon found out he had a passion for music which I was able to share with him. His eyes lit up when he talked about all the songs he was writing and how he dreamed of being a producer.

He didn’t ask me why I was in hospital, which I liked. He didn’t even blink an eye when I suddenly coughed up blood. No disgust showed on his face. He merely helped me sit up and wiped my mouth for me. I was so happy I could have a conversation with somebody that didn’t involve my illness. He just smoothed my hair back and smiled fondly at me.

Hyoki was a frequent visitor at the ward. It was sad that she was there, but I was slightly glad because with her, came JiYong. He always greeted me and we sat in a small triangle on my bed whilst talking like old friends. Hyoki became like a sister to me as months passed, she would always run up to me and hug me when she came in for checkups.

I was out of hospital one day, when JiYong sent me a message. I opened it and a smile lit up my face.  

Good morning, dear. I just wanted to ask if you wouldn’t mind going for a walk with me. It is a beautiful day after all.

I had been cooped up in my house for days now, unable to leave the house without the assistance of my mum. But she had been so busy with work and dad had been too. She called me every half hour to check that I was okay and got so worried when I didn’t pick up. So I readily replied to his message.

I would love too, so sick of my bedroom.  
He read it as soon as I sent it and I smiled.

I’ll be on my way now then.

He was so good with words, even over text. I smiled and heaved my legs over the side of my bed. Slowly steadying myself as a wave of dizziness over came me. I had my feeding tube in and I pulled it out of the food bag. I still had to wear the wires on my face as a professional had to remove them for me. I tucked the warm beanie over my ears and stood up from the bed, this time overcoming the dizziness. I pulled a pair of jeans over my legs and left my bed t-shirt on. JiYong only lived a few miles away and he was soon knocking on my door.

I made it down the stairs slowly and opened it for him. He gave me a warm smile and came in. “Are you ready?” I nodded and pulled my coat around my shoulders. He held his hand out and I slipped my fingers through his before heading out of the door.

 

“Do you want to go to the park?” he asked “or do you want to go to town?” I thought about it.

 

“How about town and then the park, we have the whole day anyway” he nodded. And we proceeded is silence. It was a comfortable silence, though and we just enjoyed each others presence. Eventually it got to the more urban area of Seoul and we soon found a cute little market. It was full and crowds of teenagers fussed over different clothes and food stalls.

 

I saw a few people glance at JiYong and I curiously. I mean, he was pretty handsome and I had wires sticking out of my nose so we looked like a slightly odd pair. JiYong saw a clothes stall that he liked and he pulled me over to it.

 

“That sweater would look so cute on you!” he exclaimed, letting go of my hand to pick it up. It was baggy and a dark green colour. “ it's supreme but it's so cheap!” he exclaimed.

 

“You want it don't you?” I laughed. He grinned slyly at me.

 

“I'll buy it for you but I'm gonna be borrowing it all the time” he grinned. I blushed and dragged my fingers along the soft fabric.

 

“Hey Seungri, do you go to school?” it was a random question and I was taken aback.

 

“No” I answered simply. “The doctors said there probably wasn't any point. I probably won't make it into my twenties anyway.” I had really put a downer on the conversation. “But I still have a tutor once a week, just in case you know” JiYong had frowned down at the sweater.

 

“D-do you want to come and watch my recital?” I looked up at him with enthusiasm.

 

“On the piano?!” I asked, bouncing up and down slightly. He nodded. “Yeah, I would love that” I grinned shyly.

 

“It's tomorrow morning. I have to play it to my whole year and they said we could bring special guests if we wanted.” I grinned.

 

“I haven't been in a school for so long” JiYong smiled at me and pulled the sweater closer.

 

“I'm gonna pay for this” he announced. I was still smiling at the thought of seeing his recital. He bought the sweater and slid his hand into mine again.

 

“My mum can pick you up tomorrow” he said quietly.

 

“Okay that sounds good. I can't wait!” he grinned at my excitement. It got slightly chilly as we were wandering through the rest of the market and JiYong knew I was too skinny which meant I got cold easily. He brought the newly bought supreme hoodie and handed it to me without a second thought. I just smiled gratefully and pulled it on.

 

“Tell me if you get too tired.” I nodded and wrapped myself in the warm fluffy inside of the sweater.

 

He purposefully avoided the food stalls as he knew I couldn't eat any of the food and for that I was grateful. I kept catching his gaze when he looked at me and he just blushed and looked away.

 

“Do you want to stay over?” I asked.

 

“Tonight?” he asked. I hummed in reply.

 

“I would have to ask my mum, I need to go to school early for the recital but I think I can.” I smiled as he phoned his mum.

 

“Only Hana is home at the moment, mum has a night shift and dad still hasn't finished with his meeting in chonjo. His mum said of course it was fine and I grinned. It had been so long since I had been able to have a friend. I used to be really popular in school but as I spent more time in hospital and less in school, the “get well soon” cards had slowly depleted until I was sure that they had all forgotten about me.
 

JiYong noticed my mood changed and he suggested that we went back to mine. I nodded and let him lead me home. Hana had just got in. She was eating an apple whilst playing on her phone when we came in. JiYong came around a lot and she just gave him a wave before returning to her phone.

 

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and offered JiYong some food. Hana looked at the time. She turned to me. “Did you fix your bag earlier?” I nodded.

 

She grabbed my pills from the drawer next to her and got me a glass of water. I swallowed them and she placed a cool hand on my head. I looked at my sister with pride. Since I had gotten sick, she had to grow up so fast.

 

When I had taken my pills, JiYong and I headed up to my room. He fell onto my bed and pulled me down with him. I felt his nose nuzzle into the back of my neck and I smiled at the cold feeling. I tensed when I felt his lips press against that same spot. A shiver ran through me. He kissed it just below the spot before pulling me closer to his chest.

 

“Goodnight, sweetie.” I just mumbled something incoherant before burying my face in his neck.


 

Part two done. I don't know how many chapters I'll give this. Probably three or four. Idk. I can't promise that it won't be a sad ending , I haven't decided myself so yeah.


Please comment. They are very very appreciated.