Say what you mean!

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

“LEAVE ME ALONE” JiYong screamed “Just like you always do!” he picked up anything he could see and threw it at my figure. I watched with tears in my eyes as he lost it, he hit me with a boot, then a laptop charger and then the bag I had gotten him last year at Christmas. The bag stung the most. I couldn’t leave though, something was telling me to stay. “I SAID GET OUT OF MY APARTMENT!” he shouted again.

 

Why were we even fighting? Why was I such a douche to begin with? JiYong approached me and pushed me into the hallway outside his bedroom. I let myself be pushed to the front door by the older and I didn’t fight. He had every right to chuck me out of his apartment. It was only when the front door was slammed in my face that I reacted.

 

“Please, JiYong – I said I was sorry” I pleaded through the wood of his front door. I knocked softly before getting louder and louder and soon I was pounding my fist on the wood of his door. After a number of minutes, the door across the hall opened and a very annoyed looking neighbour looked out.

 

“Can you keep the bloody noise down, some people need to sleep you know” the middle aged woman spoke. I apologized profusely and she went back into her apartment. I stood outside his door in silence – hoping that he would open it and let me come back in but no such thing happened. It was three am when I finally left the apartment complex.

 

 

The next morning I was late for practice. I had arrived home at around three thirty and hadn’t got to sleep until seven so I was running on one hour of sleep. My dance moves were sloppy and unorganised. JiYong looked no better than me put he was pernickety at every little mistake I made. It was always Seungri you look sloppy, Seungri your positioning is awkward, what the hell are you doing over there maknae? Why are you making a face like a constipated dog whilst doing the dance, pull yourself together, Seungri! Seunghyun kept throwing me glances of sympathy.

 

The others could tell that we had been fighting, usually JiYong and I would be hugging and laughing together all the time but the atmosphere between us was cold and distant. Youngbae kept glancing between us with confusion evident but he never said anything and Daesung tried to keep out of it as much as possible.

 

JiYong finished the practice later than usual and we were all exhausted, especially me – he had made me redo thing and redo them again out of pure annoyance – I hadn’t been doing them any worse than say, Seunghyun but he had to pick on me.

 

I pulled my sneakers off once we reached the cafeteria and started talking to Youngbae. He made a joke and we both burst out laughing. JiYong looked up from his bowl of soup and glared at us with irritation clear in his eyes. “I don’t know why you’re laughing, Seungri. You can’t do the dance and bring us down all the time so joke around when you actually deserve to be here!” he sneered it in an unkind way and I felt tears build behind my eyes.

 

The cafeteria had hushed at JiYong’s outbreak and all the dancers and staff members were watching, wondering about my reaction. Instead of making a scene, I stood up silently- with my head hung low, picked up my shoes from the floor and left without another sound. I headed straight back to the practice room and hung my head as I walked. Youngbae watched me go with pity in his yes and I avoided all of the stares from the trainees who had seen my shame.

 

I was starving but I didn’t dare go back to the cafeteria in case JiYong was still there to tell me off again so I practiced, and practiced, and practiced again. Soon there was sweat pouring from my body and I was barely able to keep my head from spinning when I sat down. It was late and I was physically and mentally exhausted but I turned the music on again and took the dance from the top. As I was nearing the end, I heard the door open and I looked in the mirror to see the president coming into the room so I immediately stopped dancing and bowed.

 

“What are you still doing here, Seungri?” he asked with obvious confusion “I heard the music and came down the hall way to see what it was.” I shrugged and looked down at my bare feet. He sighed with concern and approached me. “Was it JiYong again?” I avoided his gaze entirely and shuffled uncomfortably. “It was” he confirmed from my actions. “Did you have a fight?”

 

I relied with a short nod and tried not to recall the memories from yesterday. “Seungri you’re exhausted, you need to stop practicing” there was a pause “it is unprofessional for JiYong to take his stress out on you, I’ll talk to him tomorrow morning” at this I adamantly protested.

 

“No, sir – please don’t, it would only make things worse than they already are!” the president nodded in agreement.


“Come Seunghyun, I’ll drive you home” the Mr Yang offered and I looked up in shock. The president never gave people lifts, never. But I nodded anyway with gratitude and we walked in silence to his car. Once we arrived at my apartment block, he looked over at me from the driver’s seat. “Listen, Seunghyun – don’t let JiYong’s words get to you. You know of all people that he doesn’t mean what he says when he’s angry.”

 

“I know sir, thank you for the lift” he smiled at me quietly whilst I got out of the car and he waited like a father until I was inside the front door before driving off. I smiled for what seemed the first time today and made my way to my apartment. Once inside, I threw the keys onto the hall table and took my shoes off in the doorway.

 

It was dark and I didn’t bother turning on the lights but instead I had a shot shower before collapsing in exhaustion onto the bed. Sleep enveloped me and I couldn’t even pull the duvet over me in time.

 

 

I was late again the next morning. Again, I had only gotten short sleep after I woke up at three in the morning and spent the rest of the night failing in my efforts to go to sleep. My thighs were killing me after yesterday’s workout and I hobbled into the studio feeling pretty off.

 

The others were already into the dance routine and I tried to creep in silently but failed as the door slammed shut and the all turned to look at me. JiYong’s eyes were the same as yesterday – filled with annoyance and coldness towards me. I slumped my shoulders and deposited my rucksack on the bench. “Look who finally decided to sneak in” JiYong sneered.

 

“JiYong” Youngbae warned but the leader pushed his friends warning off with a look at approached me. I shrunk into myself and once again felt like a small child in front of JiYong. “Why are you late?” he asked simply.

 

“I- I, there was traffic” I said simply.

 

“If there was traffic how is it that everybody else managed to get here on time?” I looked at the floor and fiddled with the hem of my tee. “No answer? Okay well don’t expect to be getting any favours in the future” his menacing persona made me scared and I nodded before following him to the rest of the group. They knew not to argue with JiYong when he was like this.

 

“Sorry” I said quietly before finding my place. I hadn’t had any time to eat breakfast and after skipping dinner last night, I felt awful. The back up dancers looked at me sympathetically and my stomach rumbled loudly through the silent practice room and I went a bright shade of red. Daesung through me a smile and I returned a smaller one before the music started playing.

 

I was starving and I tried to keep my energy up but I couldn’t stop my eyelids from drooping. I literally fell asleep whilst dancing and my legs gave out under me. I heard my name being called and I opened my eyes to see the ceiling above me just as my head touched the floor. Daesung was the one over me, he had been the closest.

 

“Sorry” I choked out, letting Daesung pull me up. JiYong had a look of guilt on his face but he didn’t say or do anything. We took a much needed break and Daesung sat with me on the side, giving me water and energy bars. After a few minutes, the president came in after Youngbae had gone to tell him what happened. He came over to me first.

 

“How are you feeling now?” I tried to stand up and bow but Mr Yang pushed me back down onto the bench.

 

“I’m fine” I replied “Just a little tired” he nodded and patted my shoulder affectionately before looking over at Daesung.

 

“Make sure he eats yeah?” Daesung nodded and the president walked away. “JiYong, I need to speak to you…now” Mr Yang said in a cold voice to JiYong. I looked in panic as JiYong followed the president out of the studio and into the hallway.

 

It was dead silent in the studio until Mr Yang raised his voice and you could hear the muffled shouts from outside the dance studio. I felt bad for JiYong. He was obviously being shouted at because of me. The noise died down after a couple of seconds and their conversation carried on for another few minutes before JiYong entered the Studio again. He was red in the face and looked deeply embarrassed at being shouted at. At least he now knew how I felt yesterday.

 

Without any words, he approached me and grabbed my wrist and I was pulled out of the studio by JiYong. I didn’t get a chance to protest and before I knew it, we were on the rooftop. He let go of my hand and looked away from me.

 

“I didn’t know” was the first thing he said after a few minutes. “I didn’t know that you would stay that late.” I looked down at the floor.

 

“I’m sorry, JiYong. For the things I said the other day about you, I didn’t mean them – I was just angry and upset and-”

 

“I should be the one who is apologizing right now, Seungri. I started the argument by talking about who you should hang out with. They’re your friends and you’re right – I have no right to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.”

 

“And I had no right to speak to you the way that I did, we both screwed up…hyung” his face lit up at me calling him hyung again. He hesitantly stepped nearer to me and I understood his gesture and ran into his arms.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung, really I am” I cried. He pulled me closer to him and buried one of his hands into my hair.

 

“I’m so sorry too, Ri. I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Ji” he held onto me and I clung onto him. At least we had the comfort of knowing that this fight only brought us closer.

 

 

I can’t right fight scenes okay! Don’t kill me!!!!!!

Please comment if you have any requests and I may do them! I haven’t got unlimited inspiration and need some help!

This might be a little over emotional as I wrote it whilst listening to anime music so, ;)))

I have fallen into the deep hole of rewatching Shingeki no Kyojin/attack on titan and I am so levi obsessed it isn’t even normal but anywayyyssssss……

Please comment and upvote, thanks to anybody and everybody who did!!! I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!!!!