So You're Basically a Mosquito?

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

 

Truly, JiYong hadn’t meant to meet Seungri. If Youngbae hadn’t forced him to go out to the club on that fateful saturday night, he would never have met the dorky idiot. JiYong was never meant to fall for the ing victim.

 

Youngbae clamped his hand around JiYong’s wrist and pulled him in the direction of the bar. They were in a human club and Jiyong’s senses were rushing as he looked at all the hot blooded humans grinding on the dance floor, the heat meant that their blood was close to the surface of their skin and it was making JiYong lose slight control. Youngbae handed him a drink and Jiyong downed it within a second.

 

“You know what I actually miss” JiYong sighed, looking at the bottom of his empty glass, Youngbae raised an eyebrow in response. “Getting off my face on alcohol” JiYong refilled the glass and took another shot; it still didn’t affect him in the slightest.

 

“Well at least we don’t get hangovers like these petty humans” Youngbae chuckled before taking an elegant sip. “I’m going to call Seunghyun” JiYong groaned. Seunghyun was in their group but he was petty and annoying, he and Jiyong didn’t get on well, when JiYong wanted a human, Seunghyun would always try and get their first. And then he’d leave them drained on the sidewalk for Jiyong to find.

 

That was one difference, JiYong never purposefully killed his victims. Sure he had before, but he didn’t have ripper tendencies like Seunghyun who was so out of control that it was a wonder that he hadn’t been killed by hunters yet. Youngbae dialled his number and JiYong wandered off towards the dance floor to inspect the people.

 

It was crowded with woman and men and Jiyong’s keen eyes skipped over the men and woman before he settled on a young woman in a short dress. Taking the stairs down to the dance floor elegantly, JiYong sidled through the masses and stopped when he saw the woman again, he long dark hair was tossed over one shoulder, her pale neck exposed. Jiyong his lips and felt his switch slowly happen. Controlling himself, he turned back into his normal self and advanced towards the girl who was dancing casually on her own. JiYong slid into rhythm beside her and she gave him a coy smile before turning towards him and reaching out to pull him closer.

 

It took a few minutes before she was pressed flush against him, her grinding against his . Jiyong smirked to himself before reaching down and kissing her neck. She leant back into the touch and smirked, this was going to be easy. His teeth grazed across the flesh of her neck before he bit down and at the spot. She groaned and pushed back against him again. Jiyong couldn’t control himself any longer and he turned her so she was facing him and looked her deep into the eyes.

 

“Don’t react, don’t struggle” he confusion disappeared and she looked complacent again before turning and grinding on him once again. Jiyong was safe now he had compelled her and the switch took over him and he felt his teeth elongate before he sunk his teeth into her neck, breaking the skin. The blood gushed into his mouth slowly and Jiyong on her skin, his eyes rolling back in pleasure at the metallic taste in his mouth. She was limp against him now, unable to dance anymore.

 

JiYong saw that she was getting weaker and pulled back, reaching into his jacket to get his handkerchief, he wiped his mouth of any blood stains. “Joo?” a male voice said and JiYong snapped his vision, putting his exterior appearance on again to see a Younger male, all curly dark hair and dark eyes. “She is feeling a little faint” JiYong lied easily. “We were going to sit on the sofas” JiYong added, holding the drained lady by the waist.

 

“Is she okay?” the male, evidently not boyfriend, said concerned.

 

“I think the alcohol just got to her” JiYong smiled reassuringly. The other man followed closely as JiYong escorted the girl to the sofa and helped her sit down. As soon as Seungri turned away, JiYong bit into his own wrist and fed a little of his own blood to the girl so the incision on her shoulder healed within seconds.

 

“Joo?” the guy said, crouching down next to the woman. “Do you want to go home?” JiYong scowled at the male, he wanted a little more from the woman and this guy had to come along and ruin it. Seungri pressed closer and Jiyong got a waft of his coulogne and a rush of the other man's pulsing veins. JiYong stiffened as the man invaded his personal space as he fussed over his friend, giving her his cardigan and looking at his phone to see if it was late enough to leave.

 

“What is your name?” JiYong asked curiously.


“Seungri” the other guy said, looking up. Jiyong was trying to control himself but something about the man’s coulogne and scent of blood was driving JiYong crazy. JiYong needed to feed on the other man, he needed a taste. “Come with me, Seungri - You’re friend will be fine” he compelled Seungri and then led him down the back corridor to the toilet.

 

“Why are we here?” Seungri asked and then he gasped as Jiyong changed and surged forward, sinking his teeth into the pale exposed flesh of Seungri’s neck. His blood was hot and sweet in his mouth. Seungri was thrashing against him though, but he was no match for Jiyong’s strength.

 

“Well well well” a deep voice chuckled and Jiyong hissed and pulled back, pushing Seungri behind him and eyeing the interruption with distaste. “Somebody is a little thirsty” Seunghyun chuckled. Seungri was swearing and clutching onto his bleeding neck.


“ off” Jiyong growled, baring his fangs at the other vampire. Seunghyun chuckled and peered over JiYong’s shoulder at the shaking man behind him.

 

“Quite the catch you got there” he said curiously. “Fancy sharing?” JiYong literally hissed at him and used his speed to pin Seunghyun to the wall.

 

“I said, off” he spat. Seunghyun just smiled, enjoying how worked up JiYong became. Seungri tried to leave and JiYong barked for him to stand still. The human could do nothing but comply. “Ooh getting a little touche aren’t we” Seunghyun chuckled. Jiyong pulled back.

 

“Just off and let me finish” JiYong seethed and the older vampire shrugged his half torn jacket over his shoulder once again before flashing Seungri a charming smile.

 

“You’re lucky, little princess - I would have left you hanging from one of the hand driers with your guts spilling everywhere” he enjoyed the look of horror that crossed Seungri’s face before sidling away. JiYong made sure he was really gone before turning to the human. He bit into his wrist and force fed his blood to Seungri before looking into his eyes.

 

“You had to go to the toilet, none of this happened.” Seungri’s eyes cleared up and then he looked around, clearly confused.

 

“Hey man, do you know that way back to the club?” he asked.

 

“Yeah down the hall and to the right” Jiyong replied and watched as his victim wandered away.

 

 

“Yo JiYong” Youngbae hollered from classic mercedes. JiYong swung his head round and saw his best friend sitting in his car, waiting for him. JiYong headed over and opened the side door before falling into the passenger seat and kicking his feet up against the dashboard.

 

“How was Atlanta?” Youngbae asked, revving off the curb and earning numerous beeps from the cars on either side. Youngbae ignored it and drove forward down the highway towards Jiyong’s apartment buildings.

 

“Atlanta was the same as always, boring and trivial - i had to sit through a three hour meeting about the stock market and then went home again.” Youngbae chuckled, JiYong was such a pessimist.

 

“Have you heard about Seunghyun?” JiYong looked over, uninterested. “Apparently hes got himself a new boy toy that he is prancing around” Youngbae continued. “Poor human, god knows what he is doing to him.” JiYong rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

 

“Apparently the boy is quite a looker though, and extremely sassy” Youngbae chuckled darkly “He won’t be soon though” JiYong scowled and kicked at the dashboard with his expensive shoes again.


“Seunghyun is such a ing moron” he growled and Youngbae glanced over with amusement. “What is the poor victim's name then?” he asked, only a little interested.


“Dae something” Youngbae pondered. JiYong just nodded and turned the radio up. Jiyong got back to his apartment and thanked Youngbae for the lift before entering and falling onto the sofa. He hadn’t eaten in three days and looked in his fridge to grab a blood bag. on the opening, he turned the television on and sat down on the sofa and kicked his feet up, flicking it onto the local news.

 

“With an increase of supposed animal attacks on the rise, the police are alerting citizens to stay inside at night and be sure to lock their doors.” The news lady babbled on. “The latest disappearance has been Kang Daesung, allegedly last seen outside his home last thursday, the man's cousin Lee Seungri has recently spoken up.” JiYong looked up at the TV and his eyes widened as he saw the man from the clubs face appear in the screen, he looked deeply worried and upset. “I don’t know what happened but if anyone sees my cousin or knows anything about his disappearance, I’m begging you to step forward and contact us, please. We just want him to come home.”

 

JiYong added things up in his head. Seungri’s cousin disappeared soon after Jiyong had fed off of him in the club. Kang Daesung. Seunghyun had a new toy called Dae something. JiYong rolled his eyes and stood up.

 

He knew exactly where Daesung was.

 

 

“Seunghyun open the ing door” JiYong shouted and stood back when the door was flung open and an angry looking Seunghyun peered out, wearing nothing but a pair of tracksuit.


“What the hell do you want, Jiyong?” he groaned and JiYong pushed passed the vampire before entering the other's practical mansion. The floors were impeccably clean, his art work pristine and well placed.

 

“Where is he?” JiYong said in a low voice.

 

“Where is who?” Seunghyun said innocently, reaching to the counter to grab his bathrobe.

 

“Seungri’s cousin. Where is he?” JiYong growled and Seunghyun smirked whilst securing the knot around his waist.

 

“Seungri’s cousin ay?”

 

“Like you didn’t know” JiYong hissed. Seunghyun pursed his lips and poured a glass of water from the jug.

 

“Well I wanted Seungri but you wouldn’t let me have him” Seunghyun childishly quipped and Jiyong rolled his eyes before pacing through the main doors through to the other side of the house. Seunghyn followed him looking amused. He didn’t really care if Jiyong found the human.

 

It took twenty minutes in Seunghyun’s huge house before JiYong found Daesung in the cupboard off of the garage. He was tied up and panicking, the sun hit his eyes and he winced at the harsh light. JiYong sighed deeply out of pity and entered the cupboard. Seunghyun just sipped on his water and watched with amusement as JiYong undid the things tying his hands together and pulled the cloth out of his mouth. Daesung shied away from Jiyong’s touch.

 

“Jesus Seunghyun what the is your problem?” JiYong said with a groan as he helped the human stand.

 

“Your such a sympathiser Jiyong” Seunghyun spat “who ing cares, they’re below us - we are the higher beings in the foodchain.”

 

“So you don’t hate it? You don’t hate how we rely on killing people to live ourselves. We’re freaks of nature Seunghyun!” Seunghyun scoffed and turned away.

 

“Get the out my house Jiyong, before I rip his puny head off” JiYong helped the exhausted human back to the car and drove back towards the centre of Seoul.

 

“Thank you” Daesung rasped.


“Shut up and don’t speak” JiYong snapped back and the human cowered. JiYong got to a buy area of the city and turned to Daesung. He breathed deeply and looked into his eyes.

 

“Go home, forget my face and Seunghyun’s say you needed space so you ran away. You never met Seunghyun, you never met me” JiYong opened the door of the car and watched as Daesung wandered away back towards the bus station. JiYong turned away and drove off, he hated this.

 

Jiyong ended up following Daesung home. He caught up with the human easily, he had a distinct smell. JiYong saw him walk up to a house in a rich part of Seoul. He knocked on the door. JiYong ducked into a doorway and watched as the door opened. Seungri appeared, a look of relief crossed his face and he nearly fell to his knees. Daesung was pulled into a tight hug.

 

Seungri glanced around and JiYong swore and stepped back into the shadows as Seungri’s eyes skimmed over him. Jiyong saw his eyes widen and he knew that he had seen him. Jiyong disappeared in a flash as he used his supernatural speed to get to his car in under three seconds. JiYong gasped and fell against the bonnet.

 

Had Seungri recognised him? He had compelled him to forget though.

 

JiYong found himself going back to Seungri’s house, checking on the human. He was still worried that in his petty childness, Seunghyun would go after Seungri. Jiyong had a funny feeling that Seungri knew who he was, he was scared that the human was going to report him to the police or something.

 

JiYong got so frustrated one night. He didn’t understand why he worried for the meager human, it was not as though Seungri had left a big impression on him, yet somehow...he had. JiYong tore into a woman's jugular for the first time in months and only when the woman was lifeless and he was covered from head to toe in blood that he fell back against the wall and gasped.

 

This was what came out of him getting worked up. Jiyong wanted to cry but he was out of emotions, so he just slid to the ground and watched as the blood trickled from the human and made a path towards him. Jiyong cleaned up his mess and left the scene as quickly as possible. He went home and cleaned himself up before going out to the same club as before.

 

He didn’t want to feed, he didn’t need to anymore so he just watched as the humans had fun down on the dance floor. “I know you I think” came an all too familiar voice. JiYong paled and turned to see Seungri standing near him, a drink in one hand. JiYong looked down.

 

“I-I’m not sure where you would know me from” he said quietly. Seungri squinted and stepped closer.

 

“Maybe I’ve seen you here before?” Jiyong shrugged.

 

“It is possible, I go here regularly” Seungri nodded, seemingly reassured.

 

“Do you want to dance?” Seungri asked, flashing him a smile. JiYong looked down at the dance floor and saw people having fun. He shrugged.


“Sure” he answered and they went down to the floor to join the masses. Seungri was handsome under the luminous lights of the dance floor. JiYong tried to control himself as he was surrounded by pulsing veins and unknowing humans. JiYong thought back to the deed he committed earlier and suddenly felt sick. Seungri noticed the change.

 

“Are you okay...I’m sorry I don’t even know your name”  Seungri looked surprised when he realised that he had been dancing with a guy who he hadn’t even formally introduced himself to.

 

“JiYong” JiYong said, swallowing his sickness and smiling at seungri.

 

“I’m seungri” the younger man smiled. JiYong nodded, already knowing that.

 

They danced the night away and Seungri gave him his number before leaving with a kiss on the cheek. JiYong was too scared to call the number for weeks but he did pluck up the courage one day. And they met up for coffee. Jiyong knew what he was doing was risky but there was something enticing about seungri, something that he hadn’t seen in a human before.

 

They went on a few dates, Seungri had no idea about JiYong or his true form. Jiyong couldn’t dream of showing Seungri who true form - he would leave him for sure. He didn’t tell Youngbae even, there was no way he could let Seunghyun find out about this.

 

Jiyong never fed on Seungri, he couldn’t bring himself to do so, even though the smell of Seungri’s blood was so enticing.

 

Months passed and Seungri and JiYong only grew closer, Seungri was such a good boyfriend and Jiyong decided that being in a relationship was the best decision of his life. Youngbae and Seunghyun both noticed a change but Jiyong took great care in hiding his relationship from the two vampires.

 

There had been a close call once. JiYong had been Seungri’s place; they were cooking dinner today. Seungri had been slicing the onions when the knife had slipped and Seungri had cut his finger deeply. The smell had been instant and JiYong had automatically snapped to his true form. “JiYong?” Seungri had looked shocked and JiYong had turned around quickly, trying to get back to his human form. The smell of Seungri’s blood was so overwhelming and JiYong could feel the urges coming.

 

“Sorry it’s the onions reacting with my eyes” Jiyong had said quickly before going to the sink and splashing cold water onto his face. He felt himself go back to normal after a minute. Seungri washed his finger and put a plaster on the cut and the smell of blood lessened. They ate dinner, Seungri still looked a little confused and Jiyong could not be sure how much of his countenance Seungri had seen.

 

As JiYong lay beside Seungri that night, he had watched the human sleep and had wondered how he had gotten so lucky, he didn’t deserve .

 

One day, Seunghyun decided to see where Jiyong was heading off too. He had followed him to the bar where Seungri met him. Seunghyun’s eyes widened and then a satisfied smile crossed his face when he saw Seungri peck Jiyong on the lips.

 

What a turn in events.

 

Seunghyun had watched as the couple spent the night cuddling and talking with happy smiles on their faces. Jiyong was so happy...that had to change. Seungri would leave JiYong if he knew who he really was, of that Seunghyun was sure.

 

He knew that Seungri didn’t know, JiYong was acting drunk so he was obviously trying to act human for the other human.

 

Seunghyun followed the obvious couple home. Jiyong was holding the human's hand, they were giggling and kissing on street corners, Seunghyun felt sick watching it. They entered the house and Seunghyun waited outside for a few minutes before knocking on the door.

 

Seungri opened it with a wide smile on his face. “Hi!” he said kindly. Seunghyun smiled before reaching forward and grasping his neck, Seungri let out a yell and struggled under the vampire’s grasp. “What the hell?” Seungri had choked and JiYong had turned the corner quicker than humanly possible to see Seunghyun choking Seungri, his lover almost white.

 

“Let him go!” Jiyong screamed and Seunghyun marched into the house. Seunghyun threw Seungri onto the floor next to the sofa and stood over him.

 

“JiYong JiYong JiYong, out of all the things you have done in your life, this is what I expected least” JiYong looked so pained, he knew that Seunghyun would snap his lover's neck if he took one step closer. “A human” Seunghyun spat “really Jiyong?” Jiyong paled when Seungri looked confused.

 

“Have you told him what you are?” Seunghyun said with a smirk. “What you do?” Seungri looked at Jiyong with desperately confused eyes.

 

“Seunghyun get out, ing leave. Please” Jiyong begged. He couldn’t let Seungri find out, not ever. Seunghyun laughed.

 

“It’s okay, Seungri hunny, I’ll show you what you’ve been dating” he laughed manically and pulled a knife from his pocket before slicing it across Seungri’s arm. A shrill scream escaped Seungri’s mouth and he hissed, reaching across to press his arm against the gushing arm. Seunghyun went into vampiric mode at the smell and sight of the blood.

 

“Look at your lover, petal? Look at the monster you have been dating” Seungri was forced to look at JiYong who had tears pooling in his eyes. His eyes were dark and black, the whites of his eyes had gone blood red. Veins protruded from his eyes, dark and prominent. His teeth were sharp and pointed, he was a vampire. Seungri looked down at his bleeding arm and recoiled when he realised that it was his own blood that was turning Jiyong into this monster.

 

“I’ll leave you two to sort everything out” Seunghyun smirked. “Adios ladies” and Seunghyun was gone in a flash. JiYong gasped and tried to control himself, it was too late though, Seungri had seen what a monster he was. JiYong stepped forward and Seungri recoiled.

 

“Seungri please” JiYong started.

 

“You’re, you’re a vampire?” Seungri gasped, looking down at his bleeding arm and then back at JiYong.

 

“Yes.” JiYong said quietly “yes I am, I am so sorry you had to find out like this, but I was so scared you’d leave me-”

 

“So you drink blood?” Seungri gasped, obviously horrified.

 

“I-I need it to live” JiYong said so ashamed.

 

Seungri stood up and found his first aid kit from under the sink. Jiyong watched as Seungri tied a bandage around his wrist before turning around.

 

“So just like we eat beef, you drink human blood?” Seungri frowned “So basically, this is ?” Jiyong almost laughed at Seungri’s train of thought but the situation was no laughing matter.

 

“Well yeah, but we’re not ” Seungri looked down at the floor. JiYong had turned back to his human form and Seungri warily approached him. Jiyong tensed as Seungri got closer. “I’m sorry I never told you” Jiyong added.

 

“So this Seunghyun guy, he obviously doesn’t like you” Seungri said quietly.

 

“He is a petty child, he just wants to ruin my life” Seungri was less than a metre away.

 

“Would you ever hurt me?” Seungri asked curiously, still inching closer.

 

“No, Seungri - I wouldn’t” JiYong insisted. Seungri took another step closer.


“Do you want to feed on me? Does it hurt?” Seungri asked next and JiYong recoiled.

 

“Seungri don’t say things like that?” he said quickly.

 

“Do you get off on thoughts of feeding on me?” Seungri asked with a cheeky smile.

 

“Seungri, stop” Jiyong warned.

 

“I want to experience it” Seungri said with a small smile.

 

“You’re not scared or disgusted?” Jiyong asked in disbelief.

 

“You’re still the man I have been dating for months, JiYong” Seungri said quietly. Seungri was right in his personal space now and Jiyong took a sharp intake of breath. JiYong closed his eyes and started when he felt soft lips on his own.

 

“I love you JiYong, never doubt that. I won’t let that Seunghyun try and break us up, I won’t give him the satisfaction.” Jiyong wrapped his arms around the human, his human. They kissed softly and then Seungri pulled back when a thought occrued.

 

"So you're basiccally a Mosquito?" 

 

 

It turned out that Seungri used the ‘vampire’ factor to his full advantage and amusement. He continuously laughed that Jiyong was an all powerful immortal being but woke up in the morning and shuffled into the kitchen in fluffy socks, baggy boxers and a ‘powerpuff girls’ t-shirt. Seungri would until JiYong threatened to bite him and then Seungri would just laugh and pat Jiyong’s head before threatening to put extra garlic into the pasta sauce.

 

Or once when Jiyong annoyed him, Seungri went out and ate a garlic clove in front of Jiyong’s face.

 

JiYong couldn’t kiss him for the whole day.

 

Seunghyun was fuming when he found out that Seungri and Jiyong were happier than ever and when he saw Seungri shoving the twilight movies into Jiyong’s arms and asking him if he turned sparkly, Seunghyun turned away and groaned deeply.

 

Seungri was so accepting of JiYong and accepted his true form without judgement.

 

And that was how JiYong fell in love with a curly haired human called Seungri.




 


Lol I hope you enjoyed that random story! Someone commented how much they liked vampire aus so I went and wrote one! I hope you liked it! Please comment if you did and give me more prompts! I appreciate them so much as sometimes I’m really stuck for ideas!

 

Love y’all xoxo