Tis the season

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

I know Christmas was a week ago but oh well , I wanted to update. 😊😊😊

 

It was December the 24th and I waited quietly at my door for JiYong who was picking me up. Are two families were spending Christmas together in my hometown of Gwangju. I looked out of the window and finally saw a car with JiYong at the wheel pulling up outside my apartment block. I picked up my gym bag which contained all of my clothes and toiletries. The buzzer rang and I opened the front door to the building and opened my door to the apartment.
                              
It took a few minutes but soon JiYong came out of the lift. I smiled and opened my arms, he pulled my into a hug and smiled into my neck. “Hey Ri” was the simple greeting.

“Hello.” I replied. I went into my apartment and he followed closely after me. “I need to use the loo” JiYong smiled before jogging to the small bathroom at the end of the hall. I grabbed the plastic bag that contained journey food and waited by the front door. A few minutes later JiYong came back from the bathroom. “Oh yeah, I need to use some of your boxers, mine were all in the wash.” I dropped my bags on the floor and went into my bedroom before picking out a few pairs.

“I’ll put them in my bag!” I called before ping the gym bag and placing them with mine. “Right, shall we go.” I looked around to go if I’d forgotten anything. Not seeing anything, I locked my apartment up before going down to the car with JiYong. The boot was relatively full and I squeezed my bag in with the others before getting in the passenger seat. The drive was about three and a half hours and I put the radio on and fell back against the seat. We chatted idly for about an hour before I drifted off to sleep.

It was dark by the time JiYong woke me up and I looked around to see that we were at a service station. “I’m tired can you take over?” he asked. I nodded.

“Sure, just let me have a coffee and I’ll be fully awake again.” I got out of the passenger seat and plodded to the service station. I got a few stares but I ignored them and headed straight to the coffee machine. I got two cappuccinos and paid before rolling my shoulders and going back to the car. JiYong was leaning against the bonnet having a cigarette and I handed the coffee wordlessly.

“How long do you reckon before we get there?”

“An hour and a bit I reckon but there might be traffic.” I nodded and took a sip of my coffee. He mirrored my actions and I smiled. “This is so nice.” He commented after a minute, he stamped his cigarette and took another sip.

“Yeah, it is. It’s nice to get away from Seoul.” I breathed in the fresh countryside air and smiled. “Let’s go then.” I got into the driver seat and strapped in before handing the coffee to JiYong, he put it into the cup holder and I rolled my shoulders again before starting the engine up.

JiYong leant back with a sigh of relief. I exited onto the motorway and followed the signs that lead to my home town. I was going to see my parents again, that made me happier than anything; I hadn’t seen them in months. “Can I have some food?” I asked. JiYong shuffled through the bag at his feet and brought out one of those French things called croissants. He broke a bit off and put it into my hand. I kept my eyes on the road as he repeated the action until he popped a piece into his own mouth and then some more for me.

The time passed quickly and we put Adele’s new album on in the background. He hummed along happily and I bopped my head along in time with the music. We soon arrived at Gwangju and I followed the familiar roads to my family’s home.

It was around six when we arrived and completely dark. I stretched my legs and clicked my neck. JiYong copied my actions and I approached the front door. It opened seconds after I had rung the doorbell and my little sister appeared. “Seunghyun!” she shouted, a smile appeared on her face and she hugged me tightly. JiYong was the next victim and he hugged her back.

 

She started talking about everything that had been going on this year and I slid my hand into JiYong’s as she led us through the house. He squeezed it and walked by my side. The living room was decorated and a Christmas tree stood in the corner covered in lights. My mother Sat on the sofa talking to JiYongs mum but when the saw us they jumped up. “Eomma!” I shouted and she briskly walked up to me and hugged me.

 

“Aigoo! You're so skinny seunghyun, have you been eating properly. And your circles are worse, you have been sleeping well I hope.”


 

“I'm fine Eomma, don't fuss.” I blushed and watched as JiYongs mother fussed over him as well. He blushed bright red when she asked him if he was still having toilet related problems. I giggled under my breath before approaching my dad. He hugged me as well and shook my hand. I smiled brightly at our reunion.

 

JiYongs sister was stuck in traffic and she phoned ahead to say she was going to be late. We went back to the car to get out bags and I emptied the emty coffee cups into the bin. I hadn't been home in over a year, it was always my parents who came to see me. My bedroom was still the same.

 

The small double bed in the corner next to my desk and cupboard. My room was simple, nothing to fancy or flashy. The Korean flag hung down on one side of the room above my bag with a few pictures of family.

 

I put my bag on the floor and fell onto the bed. JiYong sighed and put his bag next to me. “I'm gonna have a shower.” He called, pulling his shirt off. I rolled over and opened my bag before throwing a pair of clean boxers at him. He caught them and took the bathrobe from the back of my door.

 

I closed my eyes and waited until I heard the running water before springing off the bed and rummaging through my bag until I found the present I had for JiYong. I quickly put it in one of the drawers next to my bed. He didn't have a long shower and soon he ambled through the door in the bathrobe, his hair wet and clinging to his forehead.

 

He casually dropped the bathrobe and looked through his bag until he found sweats. I watched as he pulled them over his boxers. My phone buzzed and I picked it up to look.

 

It was my sister. Dinners ready, come down. She was so lazy. I rolled my eyes. “Dinners ready" I said. JiYong stood up.

 

 

Dinner was fun, jokes were cracked at every sentense and the house was filled with laughter.

 

After the washing up was done, we all Sat down on the sofas and talked and drank wine. I was feeling slightly tipsy.

 

JiYong was busy searching something on his phone and I was talking to my sister. At some point JiYong leant over.

 

“Do you wanna go ice skating. I researched it and there is one in town." I grinned and nodded happily. "Lets go quietly." He whispered and we both slowly stood up from the sofa and ran upstairs with smiles on our faces.

 

I pulled a thick rollneck sweater on and a coat over that. JiYong wore a yellow fluffy jumper and some black jeans and I gave him one of my thick coats. He put some money in his pocket and his phone and I did the same.

 

We crept down stairs again. “We're just going for a walk!” I called and we left out the back door. We decided to walk into town and it was worth it. Even though it was dark and late, the town was full of people. I pulled the roll neck over the bottom half of my face and kept my head down lest anybody recognised me. JiYong was wearing a face mask so we were inconspicuous. The ice skating rink was in the middle of town and we soon got there.

 

We joined the queue behind a young group of girls. "This is so dodgy" I whispered to JiYong. He nodded and tugged he face mask further up his face. They were talking about bts and I sighed with relief.

 

The queue went quickly and soon I was telling the man at the desk my shoe size. The ice skates were ugly but I laughed when I pulled them on because I looked like a duck. "I can't ice skate you know" I laughed. JiYong smirked and confidently stepped into the ice. I clung onto the side and just tried not to fall over. JiYong skated really confidently but then a little girl wizard past him and he fell onto his bum. I laughed hysterically and clutched onto the side whilst he stood up. The back of his jeans were soaked. I couldn't control my laughter and he angrily skated over to me before pulling me away from the wall.

 

“Wait what-?” he skated off and left me in the middle of knowhere. I shuffled toward the safety of the side. But soon I found myself on my . It was JiYong’s turn to laugh and I tried to stand up but fell down again. He held his stomach in hysterics and I pouted angrily. He skated over to me and offered his hand. I took the oppertunity and took hold of it before pulling him down on top of me. He let out a string of curses and fell right on top of me.

 

We both let out breathy laughs and I looked up at him with adoration. He looked down at me and his laughs died away slowly. He bent down and kissed the tip of my nose before hoisting himself to his feet and skating away. "Bastard!" I shouted as he laughed. One of the helpers skillfully skated over and helped me to my feet. I blushd with embarrassment and thanked her before clutching onto the side again.

 

JiYong did a lap before approaching me again. He held out his hand this time. "I promise I won't make you fall over." He said it with such sincerity that I instantly took his hand and trusted him.

 

He skated slowly and clung onto my hand. When I nearly fell over he placed his hand on the base of my back and balanced. I knew the people recognised us as a group of girls giggled every time we skated passed.

 

We were hyper and soon I could skate without clutching onto JiYong's arm. He chased me around the ice rink and I manage to not fall over for once. The cheesy Christmas songs went on and on and I belted out the lyrics to Mariah Carey without a care in the world.

 

A slow song came on and JiYong held my hand again and pulled me closer. It was like we were slow dancing on ice. I grinned at the cheesiness. He slipped his phone out and held it up on video. We sang the lyrics whilst trying not to fall over. He posted it on snap chat and then on Instagram. The 'nyongtory' comments flooded in and I was looked over his shoulder. Are two hours on the ice were soon up and the helper ushered us off so they could refreeze the rink.

 

We pulled the skates and gave them back. My socks got wet from the ground and I hopped along until I found bench. We pulled our shoes and stood up. JiYong's face was flushed and his eyes were sparkling, he looked so happy.

 

“I'll treat you to a hot chocolate.” I said, looking around for a nice cafe that we could go to. There was one that I knew near the big super market and I dragged JiYong to the bus station. He whined about us going to far. People gathered around us and asked for pictures and we obliged slightly unwillingly until the bus came and we hurried on.

 

It was actually a really short bus journey and we probably could have walked it but I couldn't be bothered and my legs hurt from ice skating. The cafe was small and retro, it had been there for as long as I knew. The door bell rang as I opened the door. JiYong suddenly looked more interested as the weird and wonderful art that covered the walls came into view. The girl at the counter politely bowed and showed us to a table near the back. As I had promised, I bought both of us a hot chocolate. And it was as good as I had remembered.

 

JiYong's phone buzzed and I saw that it was a text from his sister. Ok I just got here and you were gone 😭😭 head. I laughed and he feigned hurt replying.

 

You're so mean 😖😖 am I not allowed to have some fun.

 

He locked his phone and cupped his hands around the mug before turning to me. “Lee Seunghyun” he stated. I looked up, amused at his playfulness. “You are really bad at ice skating” he continued. I hid my smile under my hand. "And you pulled me down with you" I couldn't hide my laugh. "Do you think that it's funny, my bum is soaked and I have to walk like a duck" I cackled even more at that. He gulped some hot chocolate down and yelled.

 

“ that's hot!” he yelled, causing everybody in the café to look at us. I laughed but tried to hide it as I apologized.

 

“Aigoo, you're so silly, show me your tongue.” He stuck the tip out and I looked at the redness. "You'll live" I concluded and he scowled.

 

“But it hurts." He whined.

 

“Baby" I teased and he shut up.

 

When we had finished our hot chocolates, the waitress asked us politely to sign the wall and take a picture. We did it quickly and I took a picture with JiYong and put it on instagram, tagging the cafe so I would know where to go next time I was in gwangju.

 

We left and took the bus back to the station before walking home. It was very late by the time we got back. My parents were stuffing the Turkey and I grimaced at the sight. Dami had stuffing all over her hands and when she saw JiYong she went to hug him.

 

"Oh no you don't!" JiYong yelled, running away from her. I laughed and gave her a wave before treading upstairs. Since my parents had gone to England for chrismas last year, the had been obsessed with the idea of having stuffed Turkey for Christmas.

 

I stripped off and turned the shower on. The water was cold so I peed before checking again, it was hot so I stepped under the heat and let the grime from the day wash off.

 

It had been so fun and I wanted to repeat the day over and over again.  I sighed and reached for the shampoo but somebody had taken it first. I jumped in surprise when I saw JiYong standing outside the shower with the shampoo in one hand. He came into the shower and lathered some on his hands before massaging it through my hair. I sighed and let him wash my hair. He washed himself afterwards and opened the door to the shower and got out. I laughed that he didn't care he was as he poked his head into the hallway. I followed suit and looked over his shoulder.

 

As we were about to make a dash for it, my sister appeared from around the corner. She saw us and blushed. “What are you two doing?" Her shyness forgotten. I smirked and tried to push JiYong out of the bathroom.

 

“Nothing" he grinned innocently as he held onto the doorframe to avoid being pushed out. Hana narrowed her eyes at us and carried on walking. I gave JiYong one final shove and he was deposited on the landing. I grinned and followed him outside. Hana didn't turn around and I opened the door to my bedroom and ran inside. "You scarred me you pedos!" I heard Hana shout and I burst out laughing. JiYong had gone bright red and I patted his shouler.

 

To avoid any more awkward encounters, I pulled some boxers on and a t-shirt before crashing on the bed. JiYong followed suite and I pulled my laptop out of my bag.

 

For the rest of the night, we indulged in cheesy Santa movies and snuggled beneath the warmth of our blankets.

 

At some point, JiYong fell asleep and I switched the film off before placing my laptop away. I lifted his head off my chest and onto the pillow before snuggling down in the covers. A few minutes passed before I heard the door open and I snuggled further into JiYong's chest.

 

“Awe they're so cute” I heard my sister say.

 

“Do you reckon they're a thing?” Dami whispered.

 

“They must be, look at them” it was my sister again and I hid my smile in JiYong's hair.

 

I heard a camera click and then Dami spoke again “Putting that on Instagram” Hana approached and pulled the duvet further over my shoulders.

 

 

“ITS CHRISTMAS JIYONG!" I screamed at the sleeping figure. He rolled over and swore into the pillow. “Get up get up get up" I shouted and He his front. I sat on his back and patted his head. In the end, he swore and turned his head.

 

I saw the look on his face and slowly got off his back. So to calm him down, I reached into the drawer next to the bed and got my present out. His eyes lit up and I handed him the present with a smile. “Merry Christmas hyung” he took the gift and unwrapped it.

 

JiYong had money enough to buy anything so I made him something instead. “It is a picture jar" I explained. "You roll up loads of pictures and put them on the jar with written notes and you can pick them out when you want.” JiYong looked through the jaw and opened a few pictures.

 

“Thank you sweetie” he said sincerely. He pulled my head closer placed a sweet kiss on my forehead. “It's amazing" his face lit up when he carried on looking through the pictures I had chosen.

 

JiYong reached under the bed and brought out a neatly wrapped parcel. I have him a smile before tearing the paper off. It was a necklace. A beautiful necklace. It had two letters at the bottom which were connected.

S and J

 

I the intricate carvings. “Its beautiful, thank you JiYong.” He blushed bashfully and sat up. I turned around and he fastened the necklace around my neck. It had a long chain and so the pendant fell beneath my shirt but I knew it was there and that was all that mattered.



 

Please leave a comment. .

Thanks for reading!!!