The breakup

Nyongtory one-shot anthology

I had been dating Kiko for five years. To say it hadn't been a roller coaster would be a lie. But what she just said to me was the worst of all the dips and I knew that the ride was finally over. "I met somebody else, I'm so sorry Ji"

 

I hadn't seen Kiko in months. Every time that she was in Seoul or I was in japan, she had something else to do - someone else to see. And after months of it going on like that, I had finally had enough.  So I had called her to my apartment and decided to talk it out. She heard the tone of my voice, and for the first time, didn't make an excuse.  She knocked on the door to my apartment an hour later with a sombre expression on her face. Ten minutes later, she broke me with the phrase "I met somebody else, I'm so sorry Ji" it felt like my apartment was getting smaller and smaller until I could barely breath. 

 

"How long" I managed to choke out. 

 

"Since February" she said - not meeting my eyes. My whole world came crashing down. 

 

"Five months" I paused taking a deep breath "you've been sneaking about behind my back for five whole months. All the times you couldn't go out with me, you were with him." I said the last word with venom.  "Who- no...no I don't even want to know" I started. 

 

"Why are you so calm, scream at me, shout, throw things. I deserve it please Jiyong, give me a reaction apart from the calm" I turned away from her. 

 

"Leave, please just get out of my apartment. Go back to him" I clenched my jaw. 

 

"Yongie-" she started. 

 

"Don't call me that" I whispered "just go" I added.

 

 "I'm sorry Jiyong, sorry for leading you along" the last five words made me feel even worse.  So I had been led on. It was only when I heard the door of my apartment click shut that I let out my true feelings. I slammed my fist into the wall and let out an anguished cry. The tears that had been building up behind my eyes broke the dam and came flooding down my cheeks. I knocked my head against the wall before sliding down to rest on the floorboards.  I sat their like the pathetic man I was for nearly two hours.

 

Then, too afraid of my thoughts, I called the one person I knew could help.  "Ji hyung" came the familiar sounding voice. He sounded tired. 

 

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked. 

 

"Ji have you been crying" he asked, his voice laced with concern, completely ignoring my question. 

 

"Please Seungri, I need you" I managed to sob out, not even holding the tears back anymore. "I'm afraid of what I might do if I'm alone" I whispered. 

 

"Jiyong, I'm on my way, don't do anything stupid, promise me" he panicked and I heard a car door slam. "I'll be there soon" he added before hanging up and I was left alone again. In the end I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling with a cigarette hanging from my lips. I knew that I wasn't meant to smoke indoors but at the moment I didn't give a . I finished the first and second before dropping the packet on the floor and curling up into a ball. 

 

Seungri

The tone of Jiyong's voice was bad, really bad. I had hurried out of my house in pajamas and rushed into my car with my slippers still on.  I wandered what had happened to Jiyong to make him feel so low. His house was a twenty minute drive but with the traffic it took me half an hour to arrive at his apartment complex. I took the stairs two at a time due to the out of order lift and arrived at Jiyong's third floor apartment.  Punching in the code, I entered the dark apartment and looked I to the kitchen. Nope. I scraped around for the light switch and made my way along the hall way to JiYong's bedroom.  Before I opened the door, I could smell menthol smoke and I immediately knew that Jiyong had been smoking indoors again, he knew how bad that was.

 

I fumbled with the door knob and opened the door to his bedroom. It was slightly hazy due to the smoke but I could clearly see the small outline of his body on the bed. He didn't move as I came closer.  "Jiyong" I spoke. I heard the figure sniffle and shuffle around a bit. The bed dipped as I sat down next to him. He was curled up into a ball, head resting on his knees- it looked almost fetal.  I his hair. "What's the matter buddie" I cooed, trying to get him to tell me what was wrong.

 

  "Kiko" he sniveled "She's been cheating on me for five months" I let out a gasp. 

 

"Five months?!" 

 

"She broke up with me today and said sorry for leading me on. Five years! Five years for nothing!" he cried. I lay down beside him on the bed and wrapped my arms around his chest. 

 

"Shh, don't worry. You still have us" he relaxed into my hug and I his back reassuringly. "It's okay baby" I said soothingly. I always called my hyungs baby to annoy them but I knew that Ji secretly liked it. My bed shirt was soon wet with his tears but I didn't mind, I was just glad he hadn't drowned his sorrows in alcohol.  We stayed in that position for another few minutes or so before I spoke again. "Let me run you a bath, it will help" I released him from the hug and went into the bathroom connecting with his bedroom.  I filled the bath with steamy water and jumped when I turned around to see Jiyong standing in the door way. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and the pillow had made funny lines on his left cheek. 

 

"Thanks Seungri, you always look after me" he murmered. He got undressed and fell back in the bath. "Wow" he said, leaning against the side of the tub. I settled down onto the toilet lid and smiled at him. His slight smile fell as he looked at something on the counter top.  I followed his gaze and found him staring at a small perfume bottle.

 

I picked it up "Kiko's?" I questioned. He nodded and his yes welled up with tears again. I went to the window of the bathroom and opened it before tossing it into the night air.  "Gone" I smiled. "Do you have anything else of hers?" he nodded silently. "After you've had a bath, we'll find all of her things and chuck it out, okay?"

 

"Okay" he choked back.  We spent the rest of the night getting rid of the remnants of their relationship and tossing it into a black bin sack to be dumped the next day before falling onto the bed together.

 

  "Goodnight Ji, I love you" I whispered, brushing my nose against his reddy orange hair. 

 

"I love you too Ri, so much, thank you" he whispered back, tucking his chin further into the crook of my neck. 

 

 

Author note 1/05/17

lol guys if you're reading this I promise the chapters at the end are way better as I've been doing these for two years lmao so please go to last chapters, the quality is just so much better 😂😭