“The Party”

Just So You Know

 

Seunghyun’s POV

Everything happens so fast, that I reacted so late. Dong wook walk out the dining area with mom followed him. I was left with my dad still standing and mesmerize to what just had happen earlier. I gather all my strength to start a conversation with him.

“Dad, why did you do that?”

He didn’t answer me, so I walk out also leaving him all alone. I saw mom at the main entrance of the mansion crying.

“Mom” I move to her place and caress her back to calm her.

“Seunghyun, please follow him. I am afraid of what he will do.” She said in between her sobs. I can feel her being so worry about her own son that is why I followed her command.

“Don’t worry mom, I am going to find him.” I give her assurance to lessen the worry she felt.  I made my way on the garage and get the other car and drive.

Dong Wook is really a brother to me even if he hated me so much, so I search for him everywhere, hoping that I would see him.

“Dong wook, where are you?” I said to myself worrying so much of him. I went out from my car then leave it behind and try to find him in a fast food chains, bars, stores and other places that he could go. The sky is starts to become dark and I can see lightning, I can sense that it is going to rain in any minute. Then my guess is right, the rain started to pour, it’s like the heaven is crying also for my brother, but it didn’t stops me from finding him. I was running in the rain while calling his name just assuming that he would hear me. I totally look like showering at the rain, from head to toe is all wet, and my eyesight is starting to blur or maybe should I say the street has been covered by the fog because of the heavy rain. I search for him about an hour, buy just running back and forth, I think I have search or roam the whole place. My whole body is shaking and starting to feel like freezing because of the cold wind that joins with the heavy rain. My feet hurts and tired, I stop for a moment, and it was like standing in the middle of nowhere, I feel like losing hope, head down and my hands covers my face feeling so depressed that I can’t find him. Minutes have passed and then I can feel that the rain stop pouring on my body, but I don’t think the rain stops coz I can clearly hear its drop. It was like I was being covered by, but who would it be? Then I heard a voice at my back.

“Hey Mr., are you trying to get sick?” I can say it was a female voice. I slowly made a turn to face her, but before I could see her my eyesight went black.

---->

At the Mansion

Mr. and Mrs. Choi are now arguing about what did happen. They are at the mini office are of Mr. Choi.

“Why are you treating him so harsh?” Mrs. Choi angrily asks her husband.

“Because he doesn’t act mature with his age!” He shouted.

“Is that the only reason why?” she asks again feeling frustrated.

“Now that you are asking me that, ok fine I’ll tell you” he pauses for awhile

“I can’t trust him, and beside he always disappoints me.” As Mr. Choi continue to explain the reason.

“But he is your son.” Mrs. Choi said

“Oh, yes he is, but he didn’t act like one.” he give her an agreeing look but then turn to be a disappointing look.

“He always drags my name into trouble, and he didn’t even learn his lesson, instead he keeps on doing it. He is so hard headed person. ” Mr. Choi reason out.

“So, are you telling me that you prioritized your name and wealth rather than your family?” She asks again.

“Of course!, because without this and me you won’t have everything you has now.” He proudly said.

“I can’t believe you!. You’re just making everything so complicated.” Mrs. Choi said then left him speechless.

--- >

Dong Wook’s POV

After what happen, I drove off from the mansion, I don’t know where to go, I just wanted to release my emotion and put away the pain I felt inside me. I have notice the sky turns to gray and see some strike of lightning, I know that it’s going to rain any moment now. Then in less than a minute the heavy rain pours, it so lucky that I have my car so I didn’t get wet. I was still driving without any direction in mind, then suddenly my phone rings. Before I answer it, I wipe the tears that flow in my face when the earlier event just pops in my mind, I wince as I touch my left cheek that dad slap earlier, then grab my phone from my pocket and answers it.

“Yo, Bro! Where are you?” I can clearly say that it was Minho

“Why are you asking?” I felt I don’t have the mood to talk at anyone right now.

“Wohw!. What’s with that tone of asking?” he said, feeling like that I don’t want to talk.

“Sorry bro., but I just need time to be alone.” I apologize to him. I was driving in a fuggy road, so I make sure to be careful.

“Problem again?, if you want to forget it, you should come here at the party, everyone is waiting for you specially the birthday girl here.” He said then I hear that he is arguing with someone.

“Hey, Dong Wook..what time are you coming? The party is starting.” A girl voice speak from the other line feeling so happy, probably she stole the phone from Minho.

“Oh, Hanbyul!..I don’t think I can come today at your place.” As I notice her voice then slowly my voice tone goes low feeling sorry at her.

“Oh come on, CHOI DONG WOOK!” she screamed my name, and I remove the phone from my ear, then I brush my ear with the back of my hand that is holding the phone.

“If you don’t come here now, our friendship will end, and I’ll make sure that you will regret to lose a beautiful and Y girl friend like me. ” emphasizing the word y to me.

“Ahahaha..Ok fine, I’ll go there, just tell them that I will go there. Bye!” I laugh at her boastful reason then ended up the phone call, as I drove through her place.

While I am on the road driving to Hanbyul’s place I saw familiar car but I didn’t bother to check on it, then not too far from that place I slowdown my car as I saw an ambulance that park and a group of people compile into circle. By the Looks of it, I can tell that something bad happens. I search for my umbrella so I could go outside and see what’s going on, and when I found it I heard the ambulance siren and saw trough my windshield that it’s moving now then the people starts to move from their places, that’s why I didn’t went out to my car, and a person who is in the seen a while ago walks through my direction so I slide down my window and ask him.

“Hey Mr.!” I louder my voice so he could hear me. I rain still pouring heavily joined by the strong wind, I can see it by his umbrella that almost going to flop when the air blows.

The stranger heard me and faces me when he came near at my car side.

“Yeah!” he replied still holding strong to his umbrella so it won’t flop.

“Why there is an ambulance a while ago, what did just happen?” I ask him with my frowning brows.

“Oh,there?” he pointed at the scene place.

“Yeah!” I replied and nod.

“There was a girl holding a lying man, and asking for help. We ask her what happen but she just said that he fainted, and we help her to call an ambulance to bring the guy at the hospital.” He explains with a loud voice to contradict the noise came from the pouring rain.

“Ah, ok. Thank you!.” I bid him goodbye and he leave then. I thought it was an accident, so I just went back to my usual speed of driving to leave the place. Then I arrived at Hanbyul’s apartment, I knock on the door and someone opens it. Minho is the one who opened the door.

“Oh! Look who’s here.” He told everyone inside sounding so surprise to see me. he hang his arm around my neck that make my head down and he mess up with my hair. Aish!, I really hate him doing that to me, no matter how many times I told him that he still keeps on doing it, but what can I do, he is my best friend so  I just let him.

“Yah, Minho. Stop it now!” I screamed at him then trying to remove his hand from my hair, which is a total mess now.

“Ok fine!” he raise his both hand giving me a ‘I surrender look’.

“Hahaha..” I chuckle at his response. He close the door then put back again his arms around, but this time in my shoulder and drag me inside the room. Everyone welcome me with a smile, they are having a drink session with matching karaoke. Rain, yeah you heard it right we give him that nick name for him coz every time he sings in a karaoke bar, it always ended up with a heavy rain. Maybe he is the reason why it rains now, ahahaha.. I laugh as I am thinking of it. Hyun joong is dancing in the rhythm of the song and when he saw me. He pulls me and force to dance with him, at first I feel embarrassed at what he is doing but later on I got used to it and join his craziness. I also sang a song and greeted my oh so sweet girl friend a happy birthday.

“Hanbyul!” I screamed her name in the microphone.

“Happy Birthday Friend, I Love you!” I continue what I wanted to say. I see her smiles at me, and that smile is what I like to see in her face every day, and take note she is so lovely when she does that.

“I love you too!..Wohoo!” she answers back and throwing her hand up in the air like she is cheering for me.

When the others heard it, they started to tease us again, but they all know that I love Hanbyul as a friend or sister nothing follows with that, and I know that she knew it. We are all drunk but it didn’t stop the party. I totally had forgotten everything happen a while ago, so I enjoyed every moment with them. After another hour pass, we all knock out, as in K.O.

 

Hello wonderful readers!!..Here is another update from me..Thank you for your comments and subscription..I very much appreciate it..Looking forward to more of your comments soon..Thanks!! Oh by the way to all the silent readers there please do some comments to let me know what's on your mind with my writings..Thanks!