“Seems so familiar”

Just So You Know

Dara’s POV

I was talking to Doctor Kwon when my phone rings; I saw the caller and it was bommie unnie. So I excuse myself at him.

“Please excuse me for a moment” then when I saw him agrees with it, I immediately went outside the room. While I was outside I plan to go at the restroom to fix myself.

“Yeo~..” I am cut by a loud scream from the other line that made me pull the phone from my ear.

“Yah, Park SANNNDAAARAAA!” Bommie awakens my sleepy soul.

“Hello? Dara, are you there?” I heard her talk calmly and that’s my cue to put back again the phone at my ear and talk to her.

“Yes, I am here. Just don’t shout, coz if you do…I am going to hung you up.” I warned her.

“Ok..ok..ok!.Are you ok?..Where are you?.Why is it you didn’t go home?. Did you eat breakfast?..Who is with you?” she is throwing me a lot of questions with worried tone on her voice.

“Aigoo unnie..can you just ask me question one at a time?” I can’t remember all her questions.

“Ok, Are you okay?” she repeats her question.

“Yes, of course unnie I am fine, just lack of sleep.” I yawn and cover my mouth with my hand after I answer her.

“Lack of sleep?,why?, and where are you?” she is asking again with so many question.

“I am at..aaah.. the hospital..aaah.. right now.” I said in between my yawn, I feel so sleepy.

“What?” she said in a loud tone.

“You know what unnie?,..I think I should go home now and explain to you all that happen, coz it’s a long story to tell.”  And I didn’t wait for her reply, I just ended the conversation.

‘I need to rest before I go to the office’ I said to myself.  I hail a cab and ride. I arrive at the apartment; I wanted to go quickly inside my room to sleep but…

“Yah, Dara! Where do you think you’re going?” my unnie stop me from doing it so. I didn’t notice her as I enter the apartment; she is now behind my back.

“Oh?, unnie!..hehehe” I look at her and flashes a fake smile at her.

“You should explain to me.” she is now looking serious.

“Ahm..unnie…ahh..can I just go to my room to change?” I ask permission. She came closer to me and wraps her arms to my shoulder.

“No, you can’t. You should explain first before that.” She starts to walk me in the kitchen.

When we are at the kitchen I seated on the high stool. She prepare food for me to eat

“Here, you should eat, coz I know you didn’t take your breakfast.” She handed me the food.

“Thanks!” I said as I reach for the food.

“So, what happen to you?” she ask me while staring at me like she is going to attack me any moment.

“I am on my way home, when a I saw a man soaking wet at the middle of the street. Then..” I started to remember what happen yesterday.

Flashback

It is raining hard while I am waiting for a cab to ride so I could go home. Then I notice a man kneeled almost like sitting on the middle of the street, wearing a black trench coat soaking wet. I don’t know why, but I just have the urge to come near him.

“Hey Mr., are you trying to get sick?” I said covering him with my umbrella, while he is still kneeled at the ground. I think he hears me, coz he stood up. Our eyes met when he look at me in the face, I felt like my heart start beating fast. Then he holds the umbrella and accidentally touches my hand, the time our skin touches each other I felt like an electricity flows through my body. And his stare seems so familiar to me, especially those black smoky eyes of him. I felt like the time stops, while he is staring at me.  Then when he is about to talk, he fainted.

“Uhh!”  I said as he fainted and all his weight is in me.  My other hand is now supporting the man while holding the umbrella, but I can’t hold on to him. I felt like any moment I am going to fall down because he is heavy, then it happens.

“Ouch!” we both fall, I am above him still holding at my umbrella. I quickly rise up and fix myself before other people would see us in that awkward position. Now I am also wet, thanks to this guy here. I went to his head side and lifted it then place on my lap while I sit on the ground. I think of a solution on how I can help him.

“Hey miss, what happen to him?” two guy with an umbrella stop at us and ask. Then the place started to get crowded.

“He fainted, and I need help to carry him at the hospital.” I said direct to the point.

“Ok, we will help you.” They both lifted the man to stood, while I called the emergency hotline. Within half an hour the ambulance come and places the man on the stretcher. I said thank you to the guys who help me with him, I also ride the ambulance.

End of flashback

“So, that is the reason why you were at the hospital.” Bom unnie ask me.

“Uhhm!” I nod at her while still eating.

“But why didn’t you go home after bringing that man to the hospital?” she ask with her one eye brow raise and a naughty smile on her face.

“Haish!, unnie. Stop looking like that. The reason why I didn’t went home is, it’s already dark outside and the rain doesn’t stops, so I think it’s dangerous if I pursue going home with that kind of situation. I decided to stay overnight at the hospital to~..” I pause with my statement remembering his handsome angelic face.

“to take care and be with him?” Bom added to my statement, and I accidentally agree with it.

“huh?, wait..no!!” as I disagree now on what I said to her.

“Aigoo, Dara..you have experience the magic of love at first sight!.Wahahaha..” Bom said while giggling at me.

“Yah, that is not what I mean.” I said in a loud tone. I want to get back what I just said that makes my unnie act like that.

“Oh, really? So what is it?” she stops giggling.

“I stay overnight at the hospital to rest and leave when the sun shines tomorrow.” I clarify my statement.

“Liar!” she said to me.

“Of course not!.” I answer her.

“Aish!, Dara..why don’t you just admit it?” she is starting it again.

“This conversation should end now, before something will happen.” I stood up from my seat and walk away from the kitchen.

“Hey, Dara!..You still have office today. Don’t be absent, ok?” she shouted from the kitchen.

“Yeah, I won’t!” I answer her back and went towards my room. When I saw my bed, It was like it’s pulling me to lay on it and sleep but no. Definitely NO, I should go to the office, and beside it’s my second day. It would be so unprofessional if I will be absent after my first day of work. So I just walk towards my bathroom and took a bath to freshen up my whole body.

 

---Thanks for all those who takes time to read my fanfic..I very much appreciate it especially those who make comments on it..I hope you all like it..Sorry for the late update..I have been very busy for the past weeks that I have difficulty in finding time to update..Thank you all for your patience..----