“Your nose is growing big when you lie”

Just So You Know

The next day at the office…

Nobody’s POV

Dara arrived late at the office building bringing a paper bag with clothe inside. She is running quick to catch the elevator that is going up.

“Hey, Wait for me!” she shouted so whoever the person inside the elevator will hear her. The way is slippery because she is wearing heels shoes and the ground is tiles but she didn’t see that there is a sign telling that the floor is wet. Her thought is focus on the elevator, so she slips on it. Her one shoe flew towards the open elevator. She watches it to where the direction will go, then she sees Seunghyun that is the one who is inside the elevator and her shoe is going to his direction. By that time she can’t do anything to stop it so she just close her eyes and cover her face for her not to see the outcome of her clumsiness. She is hoping that it won’t fall on his face.

Seunghyun’s POV

I was about to close the elevator door after I step inside, but then I heard a shout from a female voice.

“Hey, Wait for me!” so I pause the elevator door and see who said that. I saw a girl running like there is a dog following her and ready to attack her, that she didn’t notice the sign telling that the floor is wet. She slips on it and her shoe flew towards my direction, actually to my face direction. The time seems moving slow motion, and good thing that I have sharp eyes and quick hands to catch her shoe.

“Whew!” all I could say after I catch it and wipe the sweat in my forehead using my other hand that is holding my suit case. I look at the girl who owns the shoe and I see her still on the floor covering her face with her hands, maybe she is afraid to see what happen after her shoe flew. I step out of the elevator then approach her. I kneel down in front of her.

“Miss, are you alright?” I ask her. She take a peeks only by opening a bit space between her index and middle finger then look at me, and then when she sees me she covers it back again. I didn’t see her face because she is so quick to cover it again, then my phone rings and I need to answer it. I was shock when she quickly grabs her shoe in my hand and stood up leaving me there while I am currently answering my phone.

“Hey, wait!” I called her but she is run away fast, so I just went back talking again with the person on the other line.

Dara’s POV

When I saw his face, my heart keeps on beating crazy. I am nervous and embarrassed at the same time; I don’t know what to do. What if he finds out that it was me. I lowered my head and still cover it with my hands, then suddenly his phone rings. The time he answers it, it’s my key to escape from his. I grab my shoe from his hand and stood up before run away from him, while my other foot has a sandal and the other one is nothing. I heard him call me but I didn’t bother to look back. All I have in mind is to escape from this embarrassment I got. Aigoo,.. what a bad event to start the day. Instead of going to the elevator, I went to the ladies room. I put down the things I am holding in the sink corner and rest my both hands on the end corner of the sink before letting out a frustrated sigh. I take a look of my sandal and notice that the strap was cut and the heel was broken.

“Oh my god!..What a very unfortunate day..” I got more frustrated seeing my broken shoe broken. I don’t have a reserve so I just still put it on. I tried to walk even if it’s broken, but I got tripped. Aigoo..How will I go up now? I think I will not go to work today. I called Bommie, so I can ask her to help me.

“Yeoboseo, bommie..aah!..”

“Dara, why did you call?”

“I need your help..”

“Why? Where are you?”

“I am at the office. I tripped my ankle and my shoe is broken that is why I can’t walk properly..please help me.”

“Ok..ok..ok!, wait for me there.” She ended the conversation and so did I. Then my phone rings, I look at who is the caller and saw Seunghyun’s number flashes on the screen. I started to feel cramming, I don’t know what to do or say at him, but I still press the accept button and place it to my ear.

“Yeobo~” I didn’t finish when he quickly speak.

“Hey, Dara..sshi!..Are you at the office now?..please tell the ~” he didn’t continue it since I interrupted.

“Ahm..mm..Sir, I am not at the office right now. I have important things to do..bye!.” I quickly ended the phone call.

Seunghyun’s POV

After I finish talking with my dad over the phone I start to look for the girl who slips off awhile ago. I am worried because I see that her shoe is broken and she might not walk with it. I think I last saw her went to the girl’s restroom, so I waited outside speculating that she might appear. I have waited for more than half of an hour, so I called Dara to tell her that I might be late. It takes 4 rings before she picked it up. Maybe she is just busy doing her job upstairs.

“Yeobo~” I heard her say but didn’t finish when I quickly speak.

“Hey, Dara..sshi!..Are you at the office now?..please tell the ~” I didn’t continue it since she interrupted.

“Ahm..mm..Sir, I am not at the office right now. I have important things to do..bye!.”She quickly ended the phone call. What happen to her? She didn’t even wait for my approval, she is really something..Haist! I am getting pissed while staring at my phone in my hand after she ended the call. I lean my back at the hallway wall as I place my phone back into my pants pocket and stuck my hands in each pocket, and then continue to wait for the girl that she might come out. It’s been almost an hour, but she is not coming out, maybe she is not here or maybe she already left before I arrived. I stand straight and ready to walk away when someone bump at my back.

“Sorry!” the person apologizes quickly. I turn around and look who it is.

“It’s O-…” I stop when I saw who it was.

“Dara..sshi?” I blink not even twice but trice because I can’t believe that she is here. Awhile ago she said that she is not at the office, but why she is here? She looks up to me with a shock expression and covers her face with her hand while the other is holding a paper bag and a shoe. A shoe?, wait!..I think it’s familiar.

“I thought you are not here?” I pointed at her while examining her from head to toe. Her shoulder back is hanging on her shoulder then she is only wearing a single shoe. The other pair is in her hand holding it then hides it on her back.

“Aahh…aa..” she can’t speak right.

“What happen to you? Why is your only wearing a single shoe?” she seems to avoid looking at me. Then I remember the girl awhile ago.

“Aha!, are you the girl who accidentally slipped off near the elevator?” my eyes went narrow and I began suspecting her.

“Huh?, what are you talking about?..” she still avoided looking into my eyes or even in me straightly.

“Oh come on!, your nose is growing big when you lie.” I said to her. Then she suddenly touches her nose, maybe worried that it might be true.

“Ahahahaha..” I can’t help it but laugh at her.

“Yah, don’t make fun of me!” she seems angry because her voice is loud than the usual.

“I am not making fun of you. It really grows big when you lie.” I said as I pointed in her nose. Then she shrugs away my hand that was pointing at her nose.

“I am not lying!” she said with a pissed tone and look straight to me.

“really?” I am testing her sincerity.

“Yeah.” But it seems she is not sure because when she said it her voice tones down like she is almost whispering to me then went back again her head looking down the floor.

“If you didn’t lie, why did you tell me you are not at the office?” I start to interrogate her. She just keeps quite.

“And why are you telling me that you seem not to know what I am talking about the incident happened earlier?” I added as I start walking around her like an investigator. She seems so irritated with me questioning her, so she finally speaks.

“Ok, fine!..I am that girl and I lied because I don’t want to go at the office with this look.” She points on herself.

“Happy now?” she irritably said to me. I stop in front of her and study her figure then pull her hand ready to drag her away but she stops.

“Yah!, and what do you think you’re doing?” she shouted at me.

“Did you forget that I am still your boss and you are in the office building?” I said because I think she is acting rudely towards me, and I don’t want anybody to hear her like that because they might think she is not respecting me as her boss.

“I’m sorry, sir.” She bows at me.

“Just follow me, and you won’t have to worry about anything.” I said calmly.

“But I can’t actually walk properly.” She reveal to me. I take a look at her foot that has no shoe and it’s swelling.

“What happened to that?” I got worried at her.

“I tripped off when I tried to walk with this.” She shows her broken shoe.

“Haist!..why so careless..” I garb her things and get her arm then place it around my shoulder while my other hand is on her waist as I guided her to walk. I take out my phone and dial Seungri’s number.

“Seungri..aah!, prepare the car and wait for me outside.” I commanded him and ended the call before putting it back to my pocket as I continue to guide her. When we are outside the building, Seungri is standing near the car and when he saw me, he quickly went to me.

“What happen, sir?” he asks then help me from assisting her. He opens the cars backseat door and we place her there. Then I seated in the front while Seungri is the one who drives the car.

 

Hello!!..Here is an update since I don't have exam schedule today..I hope you all like it!!..Thanks for all the comments and all the new subscribers..I so much appreciate it..I hope to hear more from you my wonderful readers..Thanks!!