“The new President”

Just So You Know

 

Seunghyun’s POV

I lay down in my bed staring at the ceiling of my room, then a girl face flashes in my mind and her voice. Her face is not that clear but her voice keeps on repeating in my mind. I stood up and went to my study table, then open up my drawer to reveal a small black box. I lift it up and open, I take out the very special thing inside it. It was the bracelet of my promise to santoki, I place it in my left wrist. ‘I will find you, no matter what it takes.’ I talk to myself while I stare at the bracelet in my wrist. Then someone opens my door room. I look back my head 90 degrees and saw…

“Seunghyun, can I come in?”  my dad standing at the door, looking so serious.

“Yes of course!.” I started to fix the things in my table and then face my dad, who is now sitting on the edge of my bed.

“What is it, dad?” I ask him.

“Tomorrow, I want you to prepare yourself.” He answers me.

“for what?” I ask again with my brows frowning.

“I am going to introduce you as the new president of our company.” He said looking straight at me.

“But dad, how abo~..” he didn’t let me finish my sentence.

“Don’t worry about anything..I have planned it for so long. My decision is final, you should obey it.” He said with authority in his voice.

“but dad!.” I tried to contradict him.

“no more buts Seunghyun..It was final, and I don’t want to hear any more questions about it, ok?” he is so determine to put me at that position. I can’t do anything now about it, so I just nod at him.

“Good!, I want you to be ready tomorrow..That’s all, you can continue resting now.” He stood up and walks out in my room. When he left my room, I felt sorry for Dongwook. I know he is the son, but why dad is doing it to him?  I am so worried about this; I hope we could still be ok as a brother.

--- >

The next day

Nobody’s POV

“Dongwook son, come join us in breakfast.” Mrs. Choi said as she saw Dongwook pass the dining area with his usual office attire holding an attach case.  He just looks at us with a bad face and then ignores us as he continues to walk. Seunghyun saw his mother’s reaction turns into sad.

“Don’t worry mom, I’ll talk to him.” Seunghyun smiles at his mom, and leaves the dining area to follow Dongwook.

“Dongwook, wait!” Seunghyun calls him. Dongwook, stops his pace but didn’t bother to look at who is calling him.

“What do you want?” Dongwook is playing with his car key, encircling the round ring attached in the car key in his index finger.

“Don’t treat mom like that, she is so concern about you. Please stop that.” Seunghyun said, while he is coming closer to him.

“Don’t come near me!.” Dongwook said with anger tone, but Seunghyun didn’t listen.

“I said don’t come closer!” he is still not facing Seunghyun, but he can hear that Seunghyun is keeping his pace to him.

“Please stop this Dongwook..ssshi!” Seunghyun pleaded.

“You are the one who should stop.” Dongwook stops playing with the key and turns back to face Seunghyun.

“Stop pretending that you care so much about me, you’re just irritating me!” Dongwook said in a loud voice that makes Seunghyun startled.

“I am not pretending!” Seunghyun said disagreeing at Dongwook statement. Because of so much anger Dongwook rush to Seunghyun and grab his suit collar and lift him with his one arm while the other one is in clenching fist ready to punch Seunghyun in face. Seunghyun didn’t do anything, he just lowered his head and waiting for Dongwook to land his fist. Then they heard a strong voice of a man.

“Dongwook, STOP!” It is Mr. Choi Sr. standing not too far from them with a piercing look. Both Seunghyun and Dongwook look at him. Then Dongwook let go of Seunghyun’s collar and slightly push him, but it didn’t make Seunghyun fall.

“Haha!” Dongwook laugh like evil.

“Nice timing!.You’re just lucky that he came.” Dongwook look at his dad and back to Seunghyun, giving him an evil smirk. Then by that, he disappears, leaving Seunghyun and his dad.

--- >

At the Choi Corporation

The security is fully alert, because of the event that will going to start in an hour. The guest, board of directors, representatives, press and of course the owner of the other corporation who will have a partnership with the Choi are gathered now in the hall. They are just socializing with one another; some are talking about business while others are about their life status. Dara and Bom are also present; Bom is the Assistant Manager of the Dong Corporation, which is why she is there, while Dara is working as the secretary.

Dara’s POV

“Hello, Sir?” I am talking over the phone with Mr. Choi Sr.

“Is everything doing alright there?” my boss asks.

“Yes, Sir!” I replied.

“Good, we will be there in a minute.” Then Mr. Choi hangs up the phone. I told the emcee that Mr. Choi will be arriving in a minute, and then the emcee said it in the microphone to let the guest know.  Then we waited for them, and they arrived at the exact time. They walk in the red carpet towards the stage. Mr. Choi is with his two body guards and a lady within his age followed him. I am wondering where is, Mr. Dongwook Choi, because it was only the two of them who enter the hall.

“Let’s all welcome the President of the Choi Corporation, Mr. Dave Choi Sr.” The emcee opens the ceremony. The people inside the hall and of course me gave him a round of applause when Mr. Choi stands in front.  The president of the Choi Corporation and his wife is sitting on the right side while the Dong Corporation owner and my sister Bom sit on the left side.

“We are all gathered here to witness the new partnership of the Choi and Dong Corporation.” The emcee said while presenting each party. The press media and photographer started to take photos and taking down notes about the event.

“May we call on Mr. Dave Choi Sr. the President of the Choi Corporation to please come in front?” Mr. Choi stood up and walk in front of the stage and stands there with a proud smiling face.

“Thank you sir!. Then we should call on now Mr. Youngbae Dong the owner of the Dong Corporation to please also come in front?” Mr. Dong did it also and stands beside Mr. Choi. Both parties said each pledge about the new partnership, then shakes hand after it to show that it is official now, that both corporations will work as one to build a strong business industry. The media reporters start to ask questions and it was all answered well by the both parties, which earn them applause.

“I would like to thank you all for coming today, but this is not the only reason why I call for this party.” Mr. President said, and the people start murmuring something.

“I want to introduce the heir and the new President of Choi Corporation, my son. Choi Seunghyun!” Mr. Choi Sr. pointed his hand towards the hall entrance, that made us all look at who is he. I am startled when I see the man enter the hall, he is wearing this…

 

, he is a tall with broad shoulder, and has a handsome face. I think good showers him so much of good qualities, because he looks so perfect. It was not the man I was expecting to come out, and I think I saw him before. He pass by at my position, but he is looking straightly at the stage where Mr. President and his wife waiting for him to come up. I can hear people murmuring and see others staring at the man. When he is up, Mr. Choi Sr. gives him a father and son hug, and then they went back to the microphone.

“This Choi Seunghyun, my other son.” Mr. Choi is tapping Seunghyun’s shoulder.

“But Mr. President, we all thought that you only have an only son, and it was Mr. Choi Dongwook.” Reporters ask, while the photographers continue to take photos.

“I am sorry that I didn’t tell you all, it’s because Seunghyun wants to keep his private secretly, right son?” he is now asking his son, then Seunghyun agrees at him.

“Oh, so Mr. President. You said awhile ago that he is going to be the next president of the Choi Corporation, is this means that you’re retiring now?” another reporter ask him.

“Yes, it’s true!. I have think of it for a very long time, so when my son came back from U.S after studying there, I finalize my decision.” He confirmed it.

“So, he studied at the U.S?” another reporter asks.

“Yes, He graduated there. That is why you can’t see him here at korea.” Mr. Choi Sr. answer.

“Mr. President, can I ask where you base your decision of choosing Mr. Seunghyun as the new president instead of Mr. Dongwook?” a girl reporter ask, that made the people keep quite to listen at his answer.

“I made this decision, because Seunghyun is older than him, and I believe that he has the ability to manage our business.” He answers proudly about his son.

“I want you all to listen, starting today..The new president of the Choi Corporation is Choi Seunghyun.” Mr. President declared it finally. The people give him applause, then Mr. Seunghyun started to speak at the microphone.

“Thank you!, I will doo everything I can to make the Corporation stay strong and the best.” He said in a deep husky voice and smile, then the photographers started to take pictures of him. ‘He seems so familiar to me, but I can’t remember where I saw that face’ my mind says it while I try to recall it, then it’s like a blink of a light spark into me that made me remember him. He is the guy I brought to the hospital. So he is the heir of Choi Corporation, I wonder if he remembers me? If he will be the new president, it means that he is now my boss. 

 

Another update for all of you!!..hope you like it!!