“I’ll try my best to convince them”

Just So You Know

 

Nobody’s POV

“Where did you find her?” Seunghyun ask Detective Kang that is seated on the opposite site of the table. He is staring at the photo of her with him.

“Her real name is Athea Chua, she is currently laying on the hospital.” Detective Kang inform him.

“What do you mean?”

“The nurse and doctor said that she is in coma since she had an accident last year and until now, she is not waking up. And I heard that tomorrow is the day that her family will sign on the medical document to stop the treatment that they continuously give to make her live more.” Detective Kang explain further.

“You mean, do will do euthanasia?”

“Yes, Mr. Choi!”

“Can you bring me to her now?..I want to see her.” Seunghyun beg him and he granted it.

----- > On the hospital…

Seunghyun and Detective Kang went inside the room where the patient is lying with only a hose connected to her and to the machine to stay her alive. The moment Seunghyun sees her, his knees feels weak. She is not the same as before, he can see on her face how many struggles she already surpasses by and how old she is. He take a seat beside her bed and bring up her hand to his lips to kiss and using the back of her hand he caress his face then close his eyes to feel the warmth of her touch, flashback hits his mind.

Flashback

“Hello, Tabi!..Why are you here at the backyard, alone?” She asks Seunghyun.

“I’m sorry, teacher thea..that I skipped your class..it’s just that, I missed my father..it was his birthday today…I want to hug him and hug, but I can only do now is greet him..Mom and Dad are now in heaven.” Little Seunghyun said then look up in the sky while his eyes are glistening and smile a bit.

“Tabi..” she called and hold on his face to turn to her. She touch his bare face by her both hands and it brings shiver to his spines. The moment she touches him, he felt like it was his mother who touches him. Seunghyun didn’t saw his mom before because she died while giving birth to him, but his dad always saying that his mom is a loving and caring person. When he first entered the orphanage, Althea is the one who cares more and love him that’s why he is attach to her, she became his mother while she is at the orphanage.

“Tabi, I know that your father is so happy today even if you didn’t hug him. Your father and mother are watching you over so they know what you are doing and what you want to do. So if you want to hug him, you can do it to me, just think that I am you’re father.” She suggested, at first Seunghyun is confused and hesitant, but later on, he start to do it.

“Dad, Happy birthday!..I miss you so much and also mom too. I wish I could be with you, but I know that you want me to live long and enjoy my life to the fullest. I promise to do it and just wait for the day that I will see you soon.” He said all his feelings and launches himself to Althea to hug her and she hugs him back like her little brother. She was touch by all his statement and she felt how good his heart is.

“Your father and mother are so proud to have you as their son.” She said while hugging him.

End of flashback

“Teacher thea, I’m back. I’m sorry that I left you and tokkie. I’m sorry..please wake up.” He said and a stream of tears run down to his cheek while didn’t let go of her hand. Detective Kang witness how important the person that is laying on the bed to Seunghyun.

“Ahm!” a person said to get their attention. Seunghyun wipe his tear and put down Althea’s hand back in place before looking at the person who came in, Detective Kang also take a look at the person who came in.

“Amm, may I know who you are and what are you doing here in my sister’s room?” it was an old lady who speak.

“ahm..” Seunghyun clear his trout.

“I am Seunghyun Choi, an old student of Ms. Althea Chua.” He introduces himself and bow to the woman.

“Student?..From the orphanage?” She ask.

“Yes ma’am!.”

“Ohh..I see!..by the way, I’m Mrs. Kate Dela Cruz.” She come closer to him and extended her hand towards him and Seunghyun gladly accepted it to shake.

“Nice to meet you ma’am!” He said and the woman smiles at him.

“Your name is Seunghyun Choi, right?” She asks and Seunghyun nod.

“Your name is so familiar. Are you the son of Mr. Choi Sr. son, the heir of the Choi Corporation?” She added.

“Yes ma’am!.” He replied.

“Wow, I never thought that my sister is your teacher..Anyway, I feel glad that after her accident, someone remembers her..You are the first person who visited her. Wait, how did you know that she is here?” She asks again.

“It’s a long story, but what matters for me now is that I found her..I didn’t actually think that I will see her in this condition.” He sadly said before take a glance at althea.

“I know..Even me and our family never imagine this, but it already happen.”

“Can I ask how she ended up like this?” He curiously asks.

“She was driving home from the reunion party of her batch mates when a over speeding truck overtake on the opposite side of the road and looses the brake then ended up hitting her car..That was the witness said who sees the event.” She tells the story.

“What did you do to the truck driver?”

“He didn’t escape from what he did and he paid for his action so he is at the jail as a prison.”

“How long has she been like this?” He is telling about her coma stage.

“It’s almost a month, but actually me and my family are planning to stop her suffering. It breaks our heart to see her like this for almost a year and a half and besides we can’t afford the medication. We are not a wealthy family.” She explains.

“No!..please don’t do that to her. Who knows, she might wake up..maybe a week or after.” He doesn’t want to let them kill her like that.

“No, she is not waking up..because if she does..she already have done that before..It’s almost a year, but she never does..and we are having difficulty in financial need right now.”

“If money is the only reason, I am willing to help, just don’t do euthanasia..please, I’m begging you!..I believe that she will wake up soon..We just need to keep the faith and hope..Only God has the right to take our lives..So please don’t do it.” He beg to her with all he can and Kate was touched my what he said and she can see through his eyes that he is willing and eager to do everything for her sister.

“I’ll have to think about it..and I need to talk to the whole family regarding this.” She said.

“Thank you!..I can actually talk to them if you want to.” He suggested.

“You do?” She asks and Seunghyun nods at her.

“Ok, if that’s what you like, then we should go, but I can’t assure you that they will agree.” She said and gives an advice.

“Don’t you worry; I’ll try my best to convince them.” He sounded so alive after hearing her agrees with him. Then the doctor came in with the nurse on his side carrying a clipboard.

“Mrs. Kate Dela Cruz, I have here the papers for you to sign. Are you su~” The doctor didn’t finish his statement because Kate intercept.

“Amm..Doctor Lim, please postpone that because I need to talk again with my family regarding this matter..I’m sorry!” She stated.

“No, don’t be sorry..Actually I am glad that you change your mind. Can I ask what made you change your decision?” He asks.

“This guy did it.” She places her hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder and they both take a glance to each other.

“He made me realize it. It’s because of his strong fighting spirit and I hope that it will do the same thing when he speaks to our family.” She proudly said.

“Wow, I should thank you for that.” Doctor Lim extended his hand to him and Seunghyun happily reach for it and shake a bit.

“Anyway, I should leave you now. I have a patient waiting for me..Bye!” he exited the room. Seunghyun and Kate decided to when they should meet again before they separated their ways. Detective Kang and Seunghyun also separated ways. Seunghyun plan to call Dara, but then he remembers that she has no phone because it was broken the last time they see each other. So he decides to call Bom and inform her that he is coming, and Bom told him that Youngbae is also at their house and he could come.

“Seungri-aah, let’s go to the Park’s apartment.” He ordered him.

“What are we going to their, sir?” Seungri asks.

“I just feel that I need to see my friends.” Seunghyun reason out.

“ahm..I hope you don’t mind, sir..Did something happen inside the hospital?” Seungri asks and started the engine of the car.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine!..” He assures him and Seungri just agree to him and continue to drive. Seunghyun keep on staring at the view outside with deep thought in mind. Before they reach their apartment Seunghyun buy food for them. Then after a few minutes have pass, they finally reach their destination. Seunghyun knocks on the door while Seungri has the grocery bag. The door opens by Bom.

“Hi, Seunghyun-sshi!..and…” Bom greeted with a smile but pause when she don’t know what to call the guy behind Seunghyun.

“Ah!, his name is Seungri he is our personal driver. Seungri, meet Bom my best friend assistant manager..” Seunghyun introduces him to her.

“Hi!, nice to meet you.” Seungri said and extended his hand towards her and she gladly accepted it.

“me too!..Come one in!” She broke from the shake hand and invited them to come inside their apartment, and then they followed her.