"Thank God, you’re safe!”

Just So You Know

The next day…

Nobody’s POV

At the Dong Corporation, Bom is currently presenting her presentation for the project they have been collaborating with the Choi Corporation with their own investors to encourage them in building this new project. The meeting last for almost 1 and half hour, and the investors says that they will think about it and will let them know as soon as possible if they have agreed with it. When the investors left the conference room, Bom felt like she didn’t succeeded in convincing them because they haven’t agree at it on the spot.

“Ms. Bom, don’t think too much about the meeting. You did great today.” Youngbae is trying to cheer-up the lonely lady that still remains sitting.

“but Sir, I think I failed.” Bom sadly said.

“Don’t say that. The investors said that they will think about it, so don’t assume already that you failed. Think positively, ok?. And if they don’t agree, you don’t have to worry because we can get other investors there, who are willing to cooperate with us. So please, stop worrying.” Youngbae said and smile at her that made Bom feeling lighten up.

“Thank you, sir!.” When she said it, Youngbae exited the room and so did Bom. She go back to her office room and Chaerin greeted her with a wide smile on her face.

“Hello!..How was the presentation?”

“The investors didn’t agree after hearing and watching my presentation” Bom frustrated at herself then sits on her own chair.

“Aigoo..friend, don’t be like that..I’m sure they will agree with it..just wait for their final answer..” Chaerin is rising up her spirit again.

---- >

At the Choi Corporation

“That’s all for today, meeting adjured. ” Seunghyun said to his board of directors, and they all went out of the conference room. Dongwook go to Dara’s office because he didn’t see her today and yesterday so he got worried.

“Ms. Chen, why are here and where is Ms. Park?..I haven’t see her around.” Dongwook ask the lady that is in Dara’s cubicle.

“Ah..sir. Ms. Park is on leave for now.” Ms. chen answer him.

“Leave?..Why?” He look puzzled.

“hmm..because..I…I think she sprained her ankle…”

“She what?..sprained?” he shockingly ask her and she nod to him.

“Ahm..do you know where she lives?” He asks again and Ms. chen shook her head.

 “All I have with her is her phone number, sir.” She replies.

“Ahh..ok..Anyway, can I have her number?” he taken out his phone and prepare to type her number while Ms. Chen will dictate it. After he get Dara’s number he go back to his own office room. He walks back and forth holding his phone then starts to dial Dara’s number. It rings 3 times and no one picking it up so he ended it, but after a few minutes he calls her again and this time, the call cannot be connects to her. So he thinks for possible options why Dara is unable.

“Maybe her phone is off?..or maybe someone is calling her?” Dongwook is thinking.

---- > Meanwhile the same time where Dongwook tried to call again Dara…

Seunghyun called also Dara on the phone and luckily she answers it.

“Hello..” Seunghyun started.

“Aish!..what is it, Mr. President?” she sounds like she don’t want to talk to him.

“Aigoo..why do yo-” Seunghyun was cut by her.

“Mr. President, if you called me just to annoy or tease me..Ple-”

“Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo..Relax…I didn’t call you to pissed you up, ok?” Seunghyun said.

“Ok, fine..so why did you call me?”

“Nothing!..I just want to ask your condition..that’s all.”

“I’m fine….Ok, now that you got my answer..I’ll be hanging it up.”

“Hey, w-wait!!..” Seunghyun stops her from doing it.

“What is it again?”

“ahm..mm..aa..”

“What?”

“ah, s-s-sorry about last night.”

“huh?”

“I said I’m sorry for what I did last night.”

“Ahh..It’s ok..and besides it was no one’s fault, so no need to feel sorry.”

“But I know it was my fa-” Seunghyun stops when he heard Dara shouted then the line was cut.

“Hello?..Dara..sshi?..Hello?” Seunghyun call out but no one is replying now.

Dara’s POV

I am cooking my own food right now; I fry an egg while I am talking to Seunghyun. I am afraid to get close on the pan because of the oil splat. When, I cracked the egg shell above the pan. The egg drops off on the pan and the oil splat on my arm skin so I got burn.

“Ouch!..” I shouted then my phone fall down when I distance myself to the pan then wiggle my hand and caress the part that burn.

“Aigoo..my phone..” that’s the time I notice that I drop my phone and it’s parts scattered on the floor. I pick it up and stare at it in my hands. I feel like crying while looking at it because it is my only phone that I bought after I graduated in college and all my savings have been allotted here so it means, it has a sentimental value to me. I don’t know how much time I have been staring on my phone when someone knock to our door with so much force, like it is going to be destroy anytime soon.

“Dara..sshi!..Dara..sshi!..” the person shouted like there is something urgent happen, so I stood up and open the door. And to my surprise, guess who it is?

“Pre-President?” Yes, it is Seunghyun. Then what makes me more shock is that he hugs me so tight.

“Thank God, you’re safe!”

“E-eh?” I only said with a puzzled look. Then he releases me and hold on both my left and right shoulders.

“I thought, something bad happen to you.” He really looks so worried.

“Bad?..to me?..” I am confused with what he is saying.

“Yeah!.” He nodded.

“Because I heard you shout and then the line was cut-off and I can’t contact you again, so I thought you are being kidnap or goons came here and hurt you, something like that?” he continue.

“Puffpt!..wahahahaha..” I tried to control myself from bursting into laughter but I failed.

“Yah!..why are you laughing at me?” this time he look serious at me, but I still can’t stop laughing at him.

“Hahaha..You..hahaha..I mean, is that the reason why you came here?” I waited for his answer and when he nods, I burst more in laughter.

“Yah!..What’s wrong with you?..Are you crazy?” I even laugh hard and making me holds to my tummy because of his statement

“Oh?..Did the goons took away your real self, Dara..sshi?..” I don’t know if he said it sarcastically or not but he made me laugh some more. Then he starts sniffing so I stop from laughing and bewilder to him.

“What’s that smell?..Are you cooking something?..It smells burned?” he said still sniffing, and I remember that I am frying egg.

“Aigoo..the egg!” I said and quickly went to the kitchen. Then to my surprise, the pan has fire on it.

“Ahh..FIRE!!..” I shouted and start to cram. I am about to come closer but someone stops me, I didn’t know that he follows me here.

“Yah!..What are you going to do, huh?..Stay right here!.” Seunghyun commanded me and went to the dishwasher, looking for something then turns to me.

“Dara..sshi!..take that off!” He commanded and pointed to my cloth.

“huh?..What are you saying?” I panic and cover my body with my arms.

“Aish!..I am talking about your apron..Take that off and give it to me, quick!.” He said. I didn’t follow him because this apron is made by unnie.

“Yah!..Do you want your whole apartment to be burned out?”

“Of course not!” I replied.

“Then, give me that!” he commanded. I look at him then to the fire that keeps on growing on the pan and to my apron before I decided to take it off and throw to him. I watch him dumps it on the basin with water and then took it off without draining the water and come closer to the pan that is burning, then quickly place the wet cloth over the pan, and after a couple of seconds the fire is gone and the place is safe. The panic I felt inside has disappeared also and he turns to face me then give his best assuring smile to me that make me smile back to him.

 

here is my update for u guys..see u at my next update!!..I love reading all ur comments..Thank u so much!!..