“Nice talking with you”

Just So You Know

Dara’s POV

When Bom and Mr. Dong, I mean Youngbae left, I don’t know what to do. If I’m going to leave or stay with him. ‘Those he remember me?..maybe not.’ I keep asking myself while I look at him that is currently looking down the ground. Then I heard him talk to me.

 “Ahh..mm.. Ms. Sandara..” he called my name so formal.

“Mr. President, just call me Dara for short.” I wanted to be called like that.

“Ok, then Ms. Dara” he agree at what I have said.

“Do you want to come with me, and socialize with them?” he asks while pointing at the business man on the event hall then looks at me straight to my face.

“Huh?..amm..Ok, sir.” I give him my answer and I saw him softly smiles at me then grab my hand to walk together with him. I got shock at his sudden action, then he started to introduce me at the business man he talks with as his..of course ‘secretary’. I watch him while he is talking with them, it seems that he has know so much about business, because the way he communicate is really impressive, and even I, can’t deny it. When he finish with the other he keeps on dragging me into another batch of business man, then keeps on talking again. Didn’t he get tired of it?. But it seems that he’s not, by the look of his face I don’t think he has those feeling. Then after an hour, the visitors are starting to go. Finally it ends, my feet starts to feel hurt because of my heel shoes. I thought it ended but not, he drags me into another place. My temper starting to get pissed, if he is not my boss I could already punch him in the face.

“You could rest here.” I saw that he drags me into the table with chairs. He pulls one chair to let me sit. “Oh, thank God!..I thought your too naïve.” I said whispering.

“Are you saying something?” I think he saw me murmuring.

“Huh?, no!.I didn’t say something.” I lied to him and plaster a fake smile.

“Come on, sit here.” He is standing behind the chair he pulls off. I came to it and sit as what he wanted.

“Thanks!” I fix myself properly to sit comfortably.

“Wait for me here, ok?” he didn’t take a sit, but instead wanted to leave me.

“alright sir!.” Then he left me alone, sitting there. I remove my shoes and started to massage my right foot to ease the pain. Good thing that the guest are gone, it’s just only the maintenance janitors who are busy in removing the decorations, and waiters/waitresses who are also doing their thing. I am so busy in what I am doing, that I didn’t notice someone is coming.

“Does, it hurts a lot?” someone asking me. I look at who it is..then it was my boss. I quickly down my feet and put on my shoes again. I felt embarrassed that he sees me doing that. I can’t say a word to him.

“I’m sorry!” why he is saying that? I look at him with a questioning look.

“You’re sorry for what?” my mouth finally speaks.

“for causing you that.” he pointed at my feet while holding a glass of whine in both hands.

“Don’t be, coz it’s not your fault.” I wanted him not to feel guilty about it.

“Don’t lie to me, I know I am the reason. If I didn’t force you to come with me, and talk to them, you would probably not get that. ” he said lowering his head. I can feel his sincerity while he is speaking at me.

“Ok, fine. Actually that is true, but you don’t have to feel guilty because you didn’t force me to do it. I agree with you, right?” I wanted him to remember what we talk before we did it.

“Oh, yeah!. Anyway..I bought you a whine.. ” he extended his arm to give the whine he is holding.

“Thanks!” I accepted it then shyly smile at him. I started to sip from it. So this is the reason why he left me, just to get me something to drink. I can say that he has a good heart. My thoughts are flying again.

“Why are you smiling like that?” he suddenly ask me. I look up to him.

“huh?” I look like I didn’t hear him ask.

“I said, why you are smiling like that?” he repeated his question.

“Ahh..Don’t mind me, I just remember something.” I answer him then slightly smile.

“Aaa..maybe your boyfriend.” He gives a conclusion. I choke with his sudden conclusion.

“What? my boyfriend?” my voice tone raise.

“Hey, are you ok?” he got worried at me.

“Yeah,” I properly posture myself.

“For your information Mr. President, I won’t and I don’t have a boyfriend.” I said to him.

“What do you mean you won’t?..and how could a beautiful lady like you doesn’t have a boyfriend?” he looks like I am fooling him.

“That’s the truth, and besides I am not interested about it.” I replied.

“Huh?, so you mean you’re a lesbian?” He said. Aish!, if only I don’t know that he is my boss I could punch him already.

“Of course not!. I am a straight girl.” I defended myself.

“hahaha..ok fine whatever. I just couldn’t believe it that you don’t have one.” He laugh at me, and sip again at his drink.

“Haist!” I am staring to get annoyed by him, but good thing that I have control to myself. ‘Relax Dara, relax!’ I am calming my whole body. Then a guy looks like a body guard coming at our place, Mr. president didn’t see it because he is seated facing me.

“Aaaa..Mr. President, I think you’re bodyguard is coming here.” I inform him, which he turns to take a look at it. He stood up at his chair and walk towards the bodyguard approaching his direction and they start talking. After a less than a minute he came back to me.

“Ms. Dara, it was nice talking with you, but I should go now. I had an important appointment. So I think we should see each other at the office, right?” he ask, while looking at me then sip to his glass for the last time, and fix his suit to look formal again.

“Oh, yeah. It was nice talking to you too. Bye!” I said. Then he started to walk out the hall with his bodyguard and wave at me.