“Mr. Choi, can I ask a favor?”

Just So You Know

 

Nobody’s POV

“So Mr. Chairman, how are the places?” one of the board of directors who is in charge of the location site ask Seunghyun regarding the places.

“hmm..I like the 2nd one that you presented to me, the view is so close to the nature..And I think, that would be the perfect place to put up a teen park. It’s not that far from the city and in the countryside so I think people can easily find it.” Seunghyun smartly said his decision.

“Your right Mr. Chairman. Maybe tomorrow I will talk to the owner of the land to settle things up.”

“Great!., so I’ll be leaving you now.” they shake hands to as a sign of ending the deal and communication, then Seunghyun leaves first  the location site.

At the Park’s apartment…

The three are chatting on the leaving room about what happen to Dara a while ago.

“Really?..the son of Mr. Choi Sr.?..I mean the new president of the Choi Corporation, Mr. Seunghyun Choi, is the guy who almost got hit by your flying heels?..”  Bom tried so hard to don’t laugh at her sister  but Youngbae didn’t carry it anymore.

“Ahahahhaha..My bro, Seunghyun..aah…hahahaha..Why didn’t he told us that?..” Youngbae said in between his laughter while holding on to his tummy.

“Did he know that it was you?” Bom ask Dara who is looking so embarrassed at what happened.

“Yeah, because he caught me up.” Dara admitted it.

“And what did he do to you?” This time, it’s Youngbae who ask with full of curiosity about how his friend reacted on the event.

“At first, of course he laugh at me..then he brought me to his friends clinic..and..and bring me home.” Dara answers.

“Seunghyun..sshi is really a helping person, don’t you?” Bom commented and look at Dara wanting her to agree to her unni. But instead of answering her, Dara murmur something about him.

“Are you saying something, Dara?” Bom notice her that she said something but not sure about what is it.

“Ah, nothing..nothing!..I just wanted to say that he really is a very very helpful person.” Dara sounded like she is being forced to say her statement about him.

“Yeah, I agree!..He really is a damn caring and helpful person. I remember when we are at the U.S..He helps a teenager who was being hit by a gangster on the street. I actually stop him from doing it because he might put himself in danger, but he didn’t follow me, and continue to do what he think is right..So I just help him fight with the gangster.” Youngbae proudly tell to them the story on how his friend helps a person in need.

“Wow!..well, I think I should call him..to say Thank you for helping my sister.” Bom said out of the blue.

“What?No!” Dara shouted upon hearing her unni.

“Why?” Bom looks confuse at her sister that made her raise an eye brow.

“Huh?..aah..because..because I have already thank him.” Dara able to explain at her sister, but Bom don’t seem to be satisfied.

“Don’t worry Dara, I am the one that will Thank him for his good deed to you..so just let me, ok?” Bom still want to call Seunghyun even if she was being stopped by Dara. Bom search something on her bag and when she saw it she raise it up. It was a calling card of Seunghyun that came from his company. She immediately dial it, it ring twice, thrice, until five times and no one picks it up and heard the ‘Please try your call later’. Both Dara and Youngbae are looking at her face reaction.

“Why?” Youngbae and Dara ask at the same time.

“I think he is busy, he didn’t pick it up.” She sadly replies to them. Youngbae got disappointed but for Dara, it was a good thing.

“Don’t worry unni, maybe you could thank him next time in person.” Dara said trying to comfort her unni.

“I agree, Bom.” Youngbae added then glance at his watch.

“Oh, I almost forgot the time..I think I should leave you now, I still have papers to sign.” Youngbae stood up from the couch and ready to leave when Bom speak.

“I’ll come with you!..I still have unfinished work at the office.”

“But Dara will be alone here..” Youngbae worried for Dara.

“Don’t worry, I can manage myself.” Dara said and gives an assuring smile. The two believe her so they both left the house but Bom promise to go home early as soon as work done. It’s evening now, but her unni still not at home. Dara is now hungry and she can’t cook food, because it’s always her unni who did that and her stock ramen where gone because of Seunghyun, she can’t go outside to buy food because of her injured ankle, so she just stayed at the couch waiting and watching television.

Seunghyun’s POV

I am still at the office reviewing the project plan. I have attended 2 meetings after I went to the site location. I felt tired and bored at the same time so I take time to do some body and head stretching while seated at my big chair. Then I remember my phone all of a sudden, so I search for it on my table drawers because it’s not inside in any of my pockets so I assumed that I place it in any of this drawer before I went to the meetings. When I found it, I saw 10 missed calls, I scan it one by one. Dad called me 3 times, Youngbae also called 1 time, 2 from the head of location team department, 1 from Seungri, and 3 from an unregistered number. I got curious at the last caller that the number is not registered to my phone so I wonder who is it. I call it back.

“Hello?” I said when my call being accepted.

“Hello, Mr. Choi?” it sounded a girl, and she knows my name.

“Yes, it’s me..Who is this?.Because your number wasn’t registered at my phone.” I frankly speak at her.

“It’s me Bom. Bom Park.” She said her full name, then I got to remember her.

“Oh, Bom!..why are you calling me?..I actually can’t answer your call because I am at the meeting and I left my phone at my office. This is the only time I remember about my phone.” I am explaining to her.

“It’s ok..actually I called because..I want to say thank you about helping my sister, Thank you!” she happily said to me.

“Don’t mention it..it’s always my pleasure to help. By the way, how is she doing now?” I became curious about Dara’s condition.

“When I went back to our house, she is fine..but, I don’t think what she is doing now, because I am still at the office doing an overtime, finishing my presentation report tomorrow.” She sounds worried.

“Is that so?” I understand her.

“Ahm..Mr. Choi, can I ask a favor?” She is being formal to me even if we are not in the office, but even if she is in our office, I still don’t want to be treated so formal because I am not used to it.

“Aish!, Drop that Mr. Choi..just call me Seunghyun..Don’t be too formal, I don’t like it..and what is your favor to ask?” I ask her.

“Ok, if that’s what you want..Ah, Seunghyun..sshi..are you at home now?” she shyly ask.

“Not yet. I am still at the office. Why?”

“Ahm..I know it is too much, but..” she seems to have hard time saying what she wanted to say, but I think what she is going to ask me.

“Do you want me to go at your house to check on her, am I right?” I ask what I think she is going to ask.

“I’m sorry!. I know that I shouldn’t ask you that, but I don’t have someone to ask with and help me. I am just worried at being a sister to her, and I can’t go home right now because it’s an urgent report presentation tomorrow so I should finish it tonight. I don’t know what time I will be able to finish it, but I’ll make sure to come home.” She is explaining her side to me.

“Hahaha..It’s ok with me..No need to worry.” I assured her and glance at my watch, it is already 7 pm.

“Thank you so much!.” She said like rejoicing with my answer.

“By the way, do you think she already eaten dinner?” I manage to ask.

“Hmm..I think so, because even if she doesn’t know how to cook, she makes sure to stock ramen on our cabinet for her security purposes. Maybe that’s what she ate.” When she said that, I was taken aback. I remember that there was only two ramen left on their cabinet while I am searching for something to eat. ‘O-owh!’

“Ok, Bom I should leave now. Bye!” I ended the conversation and grab my coat that was place on my table and quickly went out to the office. While passing by at the street, I saw an old woman, maybe at the age of 45 that is serving cooked food on the street. I told Seungri to drop me off so I could buy.

“Good evening!..What is your order Sir?” The woman asks smiling at me. When I look at her, she got a similar feature that is from the person I have known, but I can’t remember who it is.

“Sir, are you alright?” She asks me again that made me went back to reality. I forgot that I was staring at her for a minute.

“Ah..Yes!..Hmm..Please give me 3 servings of ramen.” I said my order and she quickly prepare it in front of me. I am looking at her while doing it; I can say that she has been doing it for a long time because of how she moves her hands. I wonder how long she is been doing it. Then within just a minute, my orders were ready. I pay her.

“Here is your change, sir.” She is giving me the change.

“Keep the change, ahjumma!.” I smiled at her and wink as I walk back to my car with a plastic bag. After that, I went to the convenient store to buy other food for her to stock at their cabinet and maybe as a replacement also for the ramen that I have cooked. When I am done he drives me to Dara’s house. We arrived at almost 8 pm, I told Seungri to just go home first and tell my Dad and mom that I’ll be home late, he followed my command. I quickly climb upstairs, and then when I reach their room, I knock first but no one open it up so I tried to twist the door knob and it open. ‘Why she didn’t lock the door?’ I ask to myself.

“Dara?” I called her name while slowly opening the door and walk inside to have a view what’s inside. But I didn’t expect the next thing happen to me.

“Hiiiyah!” I was being hit 3 times by a wooden stick from my side.

“Ah!..Ouch!..Aa!..Please, Stop!..It’s me Seunghyun!” I am shielding myself using my arms from the hits that I receive. I didn’t let go of the grocery bag that I am holding. 

 

Authors note: To all my wonderful readers..I'm sorry for not being active on updating my stories because I have been very busy of our thesis system and school projects..First semester is nearing to end so I am very busy..I hope you understand me..By the way, I hope that you like my update..I'll just post the next chapter whenever I have a free time..Please be patient with me..Thanks!!..