“Jae’s birthday”

Just So You Know

The next day, Dara is back at the office and cope up with her pending works. She currently is reviewing her papers when Dongwook notice her inside the cubicle.

“Ms. Park?” Dongwook is surprise to see her.

“Oh, God Morning Sir Dongwook Choi!” Dara stood up then greet and bow at him.

“Nice to see you again..Where have you been this past few days?” He started to interrogate her.

“Ah, yeah..I just have personal things that I need to settle out..Nice to see you too!” She replied.

“Is that so?..Anyway, it’s good to see you back..” He said and smile.

“Thank you, sir!” She is about to sit because she thought that he will leave but when Dongwook speak again.

“Aa..mm..Ms. Park..” Dongwook pause and keep thinking on how he will say it. He misses her presence since the day they have last talk at the restaurant and now, he wanted to invite her.

“hmm?”

“Ahm..I..It’s Jae’s birthday..amm..h-he ask me if you want to come?” He finally said it.

“Jae?” Dara recall his name..

“Ah..is that Jaejoong?” She remember it.

“Yeah!..Do you want to come?.” Dongwook watch her expression waiting for her to say yes because this will be the second time that he will be with her.

“b-but..” She is about to complain but cut by him.

“Jae said that he will be happy if you will come.” He said and his phone rings. It was jaejoong who is calling. It’s a good timing that he call because he can convince her even though they just become friend for a short time.

“Hello, Jae?” He said loudly to make her hear it.

“Hello, bro!..Did you invite her?” Jaejoong asks him.

“Ah..actually, she is with me..maybe you should be the one to talk to her..” Dongwook said and pass the phone to Dara that looks puzzled by him, but she still accepted it.

“He-hello?”

“Dara-sshi!..It’s me Jaejoong..”

“Oh, yeah!”

“Can I invite you to join my birthday bash tonight?..I will be happy if you will accept it..Just take it as a birthday gift from me..Please?”

“Huh?..ahh..b-”

“Come on..Please..please..please..”

“Ok!” She finally agrees to him.

“Thanks!!..I’ll see you two tonight..Bye!!.” He ended the call without waiting for her to answer. Dara pass the phone to Dongwook.

At the party in the club…

Dara and Dongwook came on time and they see Hyunjoong, Minho, Jaejoong and Hanbyul seating on the long couch while drinking liquor and singing.

“Dara-sshi!..Dongwook-aah!” Jaejoong shouted upon seeing them enter the VIP room that they are staying. It made them turned their attention to the two people who are now inside the room. Jae walks towards them and hug the two.

“I thought you were not going to attend.” He tightly hugs them making the two squeezes together.

“Ahm, Jae..W-we can’t breathee..” Dongwook said and tap his shoulder to release them both.

“Opps, sorry!..Hahaha..I am just excited and happy to see you..Come on!..” He said and guided them to take a seat with them.  Dongwook give his friends a high five and Hanbyul with a kiss on the cheek.

“Guys!..This is Ms. Park our company secretary.” Dongwook introduce her to them. Then Minho can’t help but stare at her like he saw a goddess. He stood up and introduces himself.

“Hi!..I’m Lee Minho..call me Minho baby..Oh..I mean..Minho for short.” He extended his hand and Dara smiles at him.

“Hi!..Minho..you can call me Dara.” She shakes his hand.

“Ahm..dara-sshi!..Do you have boyfriend?..Ouch!” Minho ask but Dongwook hit him on the head enough to stop him from his craziness antiques towards the girls.

“Don’t mind him Dara-sshi..He is always like that whenever he meets girls..” Dongwook said.

“Aish!..” Minho is caressing his head that has been hit a while ago and stamp his feet while walking back to his seat. Dara smiles at how childish Minho is.

“Hi!..I’m Park Hanbyul!..hanbyul will do..” She didn’t stand up but she extended her hand to shake with her.

“hello!..nice to meet you hanbyul..I’m dara..” they shake hands. Dara, Dongwook and Jaejoong sit. Dara is sitting in the middle of Dongwook and Hanbyul while Jae, hyunjoong and minho are on the other side.

“Hi, Dara-sshi!..Do you still remember me?” It’s Hyunjoong who asks.

“Oh, yeah!..Hyunjoong, right?” She happily answers him.

“Yeah!..nice to see you here..”

“Anyway, Dara-sshi..what do you want to drink?” Jaejoong asks her.

“Ahm..” She can’t decide because she doesn’t even drink except for whine.

“Give her red wine, Jae.” Hanbyul said because she is also drinking red wine. Jae followed her and brought the drink for her. They started to chat with each other related to their works and real life. Then Minho asks Dara to sing to test if she has the ability to sing. Dara did it and she actually does a duet with hyunjoong who has the good voice. Then after that they have decided that Dara should sings with Dongwook who has an r&b voice. The two at first don’t agree with it special Dongwook, he is shy and feel awkward towards her, but they have no choice because Jae and the rest are keep on bugging them so they give up. After an hour the celebration ended and they separated ways. Dongwook is the one who will send Dara home because he don’t want her to just ride a cab or bus during this time and it’s risky to leave her alone.

“Thank you!” Dongwook said while driving then glance at her to see how she reacted.

“hmm?” Dara look and raises her eye brows towards him.

“I said, Thank you.” He repeated then back his eye sight to the road.

“Thanks for what?” She ask and wondering why he said that.

“Thanks for agreeing to come with me at the party.” He clarified it.

“Ahh..It was nothing..” She answers back.

“No,..It means a lot to me..” He contradicts her, it made Dara confused. Dongwook can see her expression on his peripheral view.

“I mean it..of course as a friend..” He added. Then Dara nodded to him and smiles before going back on looking at the outside view in her side. Finally they have arrived at her place. He escorted her to go inside, but Dara stops him before he could send her up to their apartment.

Dara’s POV

I told him to go home and he followed me, then I start to climb up to our apartment room. When I am near I got shock because Bom is waiting for me outside sitting on the staircase with cross arms and giving me a questioning look.

“Omo, unni!..you scared me.” I step a back and hold on to my chest.   

“Yah!..why are you late?..and who is that guy?” she begin to asks me.

“I’m sorry..He is Mr. Choi Dongwook the other son of my boss.” I directly answer her.

“Why are you together during this hours?..” she purse her lips and gives me a narrowing eyes.

“We went out to his friend birthday.” I told her the truth.

“hmm..really?..aiee..are you two dating?” there she goes again with that stupid teasing.

“Aigoo, unni..I have no time for that..can you please move away because your blocking my way..” I pleaded to her but to my dismay she didn’t move a bit.

“Aiee..don’t have time.” She sarcastically repeated my statement.

“You don’t have time?..but you have time to go out on a date with him..aiee..come on Dara!” she added.

“Aigoo..unni..how many times do I need to tell you that it was not a date..and we are just friends, ok?.” I clarify it to her and I hope she accept that.

“Aiee..friends!.friends!..I heard it before from my friends and at the end, they end up as a couple..hahaha..Dara..” She stood up and went to my side and wraps her arm around my shoulder. Then I look at her with puzzled.

“It’s not bad to admit it, and besides I don’t think that guy only treats you as a friend..” She added.

“Aish!..unni.” I slowly said and remove her arm around me and place it on her side.

“You are just thinking too much. I tell you straight, I DON’T LIKE HIM!” I emphasized the words.    

“You don’t like him because you like the other Choi, am I right?..aiee..” She teases me again with another person.

“WHAT?..Yuck!..Huh!..Of course not..I will never ever like that arrogant jerk!..Excuse me!” I move her to the side so I can pass her and walk towards our room.

“Whatever!..”  I heard her say and followed me inside. I go straight to my room and wash up before going to sleep. When I am done, I dry my hair using my towel so I sit at the chair facing the mirror when all of a sudden unni’s second to the last statement floats around my mind. Then flashbacks of me and Seunghyun came rushing through my mind. I remember the day when he carried me when I got sprained, then the day he came because he is worried for me and help me with the fire.

“No..no..no..no..NO!” I shook my head with eyes close to snap back from reality then open my eyes again to look at my image in the mirror.

“I can’t fall for him or to anyone..I don’t believe in what they call love..It was all a LIE!” I said to myself before continuing to dry my hair. I won’t believe in love anymore and I don’t want to happen again all those bad events in my life.

At the Choi house…

Seunghyun’s POV

I was talking to dad when Dongwook came, he looks like he went from a party and get drunk then it seems that he is calling someone but he got no response. He walk pass by us without even greeting even though I greeted him. He walks straight up to his room while I and dad continue to talk about business. After a couple of time pass, I got up from my room, but then decided to go on Dongwook’s room. I want to talk to him about asking for his help related with the project plan and the meeting with the investors because I want us to work with this together as a family.

“Dongwook-aah!, it’s me..Can we talk?” I knock and said, but he didn’t reply instead he turns off his light. I failed again to talk with him. I wonder when will he is going to talk with me like the way we do before. I just walk back to my room and prepare myself to sleep.

 

A/N: Here you go my lovely readers..I want to say thank you for the continuesly increasing subscription of my story..Thank you so much!..I highly appreciate it..Anyway, I have made a trailer for this story..I hope you like it..Thanks!!

http://youtu.be/tNO05pgw2K0