“Collateral his company”

Just So You Know

Dara’s POV

“Ms. Park, these are the documents that you need.” Ms. Jane said and passes me the papers she was holding.

“Thank you!” with that she leaves. I start scanning the documents and examine if there’s anything I need to check before I pass it to our president. When I am done in it, I decide to go in his office with the documents for him to sign. I never seen him enters the office, maybe he will be late, so I open the door and get in. To my surprise, he is there sleeping on his table.

“Eh?..How did he?..Wait a minute..don’t tell me, he slepts here?” I asked myself as I approach his table. I put down the papers on his table beside him slowly so I won’t wake him up. I was about to go when my eyes landed on his face. His face telling me how tired he is. It’s been so long since I looked at his face this close.

“Haist!..Why did you slept here?..” I ask the sleeping Seunghyun. I look around and saw his coat hangs on the holder stand. I get it and place over him. I am so busy looking at him that I didn’t notice someone came in.

“AHM!.” I got back from reality when I heard it. I look up to see who it is.

“Oh Yoona-ssi!” I said as soon as I see her face. She didn’t response to me, but instead her brow creased. I quickly remove my hand off his face and fix myself.

“Ahh..hmm..I..I will go now.” I stutter before leaving her inside the room. I feel ashame; I hope she won’t think something else about me and Seunghyun.

Yoona’s POV

As soon as Dara left the room, my suspicious mind alive again. Dara does have feelings for Seunghyun, but I still need to be sure with it.

“Yoona-ssi?” I was awaken from my deep thought. It’s Seunghyun who called my name.

“Oh, Hi!.” I greet him with smile. He yawns and stretches his arms that cause the coat to fall.

“Eh?..Who d~”

“Dara!” I said never letting him finish his question.

“Huh?” he is confused.

“Dara put that on you.” I said even if I don’t really know if she does it, but I have a feeling she is since she was the one I saw here earlier.

“Ohh..” He nod and fix his coat.

“Anyway,..why are you here?” he then ask.

“Why?..Am I not welcome here?” I sarcastically ask while I take a seat on the couch.

“Of course not..It’s just that I am surprised.” He answered.

“Are you busy?” I asked him.

“hmm..Why?” I stood up and went to him and pull his hand.

“Let’s go out!”

“Huh?..but we j~” he is about to protest.

“Come on!” I pull him up from his seat and he can’t do anything, but to obey me.

“Ok, Ok, OK!”

*****

I decide to bring him at the mall and do some shopping. I want to spend time together with him even I already know that he has no feelings for me. I think this is called one sided love.

“Hey, Seunghyun-ssi!..How do I look?” I show him myself wearing a raffle tube dress.

“Good.” He said with not interested tone. This is my fifth dress.

“Ok!..I will buy this also.” I said to the sales lady beside me.

“What?” He shockingly said.

“Are you sure ma’am?..This will be the fifth dress that you picked here.” The sales lady said.

“Yes.” I nod and smile at her to assure that my answer is 100% sure. Then I went back to the fitting room to change my clothes to my normal dress and pass the dress to the sales lady for her to prepare it, when she was gone Seunghyun came to me.

“Are you out of your mind?” he said.

“Why?..I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Why are you buying those things?..One is enough, but five is too much..”

“But you said that they are good, right?..” he nods to my question.

“that’s why I am buying them all..I want to look good when I am with you.” I said smilingly.

“Ha!..Your crazy!” He said teasingly said.

“Maybe!?” I shurgged and walk away.

****

After shopping we go to a restaurant.

“Seunghyun-ssi..Can I ask you personal things?..” I began.

“About what?” he simply answered.

“Do you like me?” I ask straight forward.

“H-hahaha..Why did you s~”

“Just answer me..” I ordered him.

“Of course..but j~”

“but just as a friend, right?” I continue his statement. He honestly nod.

“Will there be a posibility..that you can fall..for me?”

“Yoona-ssi..”

“Yeah I know..I understand why..don’t worry..I will not force you.” I sadly said.

“I’m sorry.”

“hahaha..You don’t have too..Actually, I should be the one to say that..”

“What do you mean?” he asks.

“If our dad didn’t met..maybe your dad won’t force you to marry me.”

“Don’t blame yourself..You’re also a victim here..”

“But you don’t have to worry..I will tell my dad to stop this..I actually don’t like to force people to fall for me if they don’t love me..I know my dad will listen to me..”

“Yoona-ssi..” I can sense that he pity me.

“Don’t worry..I am fine..Actually, since the first time saw you, I wish I could see you again..I don’t know why, but I think I got the love at first sight thing in you..hahahaha..”

“Yoona-ssi.”

“I want you to be happy Seunghyun-ssi..and I know that your happiness is her..so I won’t middle in the both of you..I will try my best to convince my dad to not continue this arrange marriage.” I said to him even though it breaks my heart hearing those words from me, I need to let him go. I like Seunghyun so much and I will do everything that can make him happy even if its her. Then to my surprise, he holds my hand and smile at me.

“Thank you, yoona..”

“Oh?..Sure!..but!..Once I do my task, you need to do yours too.”

“Huh?” A clueless Seunghyun reacted.

“Once I let you go, you should tell her that you love her and that she is all you want, no other than her..Ok?..”

“Or else, I will get you back.” I warned him in a serious tone.

“hahaha..Yeah, I’ll do that..Promise!” he raised his right hand and swear.

*****

“Dad, I want to go back to America.” I suddenly open up while we are eating.

“Huh?..But why?..Aren’t you enjoying your company with Seunghyun-ssi?”

“No, not that..It’s just..I don’t feel being here..besides..I miss my friends there..Seunghyun is the only one I know here and he is so busy with his work..I can’t disturb him from doing his job…You know?..something like that?”

“But, if you’re leaving Korea..How about your wedding?” he asked worriedly.

“To tell you honestly..I don’t want to do it.”

“Eh?..Why?..I thought you like him?..and now that you are with him..you don’t want too?” confusion is written on his face.

“I just realized that I actually don’t like him.”

“What?..Yoona, do you know what are you saying?”

“Yes, dad..and I am sure with it.”

“If you are going to do that, I don’t have any reason to return them the company.”

“Return the company!?..What do you mean dad?” I accidentally raised my voice upon hearing it.

“Yeah!..Actually, his dad, used the Choi Corporation for a colateral from me..”

“Ho-how did that happened?.”

“It was when he’s at America. We met at the casino that time..He plays for how many times, then the result was still bad. When he has run out of money, he decided to collateral his company in hope that he can win back all his losses..We played and I win..That’s why, the Choi corporation will be soon transferred to my name..but then, after the game he came running to me and ask if he can still get his company because it’s the only thing he has to support there financial needs..He also told me that his son is the one who’s currently running it. He can’t afford to loose it..He told me that he will do everything to get it back..Then I got interested with his son..so I decided to make a deal with him..I will meet his son together with you..then if you like him, we will arrange your marriage..and I’ll return his company and pay me only have the price.”

“DAD!” I angrily exclaimed after hearing his story.

“Why?”

“How could you do that?..”

“What’s wrong with that?..I only care for you..I want you to be happy and safe in the hands of a good man..and for me, Seunghyun is the right one for you..”

“NO!..You can’t!..I don’t want to get married just for the sake of your own plan.”

“But don’t you like it?..I give you the chance to be with him..because I know that you are looking for him for such a long time..right?” My dad caught me off guard with his question.

“Y-yes..I did..but not to marry him..I maybe like him, but I don’t want to be married with the person who doesn’t love me too or vice versa..I don’t want to force him to love me if he don’t..Do you get my point?”

“Ok..But once you decides to cut off the wedding..I will not going to return there company..and you know what will going to happen to their lives..” It was like he is making me choose between the two. What should I do?..I need to talk to Seunghyun. I look at my dad with an angry face and without a word, I left him at the dinning area.