“Promise, cross my heart!”

Just So You Know

Nobody’s POV

“hmm?..What did you say?” Seunghyun broke the hug and ask her. Then Dara shook her head.

“Nothing!”

“AHM!.” Youngbae cough to get Dara and Seunghyun’s attention. He succeed, they distance their self from each other and quickly fix themselves before facing Youngbae.

 “I’m sorry to interrupt your..SWEET..AHM!..Talking.” He emphasizes the word sweet then smirk and narrows his eyes to Seunghyun. Seunghyun notice it and quickly roll his eyes direction and pretend that nothing happen. Then Seungri comes out from the house.

“Ah!..Seungri-ah..Good thing that you’re here, prepare the car and we are leaving now.” Seunghyun commanded him and he nod then follow. Youngbae look at Seunghyun with disbelief.

“Going home already?..Why?..Did I broke your mood?..Don’t worry, I’ll go back inside so you can continue whatever you are doing..” Youngbae sarcastically said.

“Aish!..Your thinking too much, bae..Anyway, I really need to go..I need to prepare myself because tomorrow, the investors from other countries will arrive.” Seunghyun inform them.

“Oh, is that tomorrow?” Youngbae ask and frown while Seunghyun nod at him.

“God!, I forget about it.” He said and pounds his palm on his forehead.

“Now that you know, you should be on time tomorrow and prepare yourself also..We have a lot of discussion and convincing to do tomorrow.” Seunghyun said.

“Alright, alright!..I think I should go now also..”

“Do you have your car with you?..if not we can drive you home.” Seunghyun offered him a ride.

“I actually told my driver to send it home after he drop us here, but anyway..good thing that you offered me..I’ll come with you..I’ll get my things inside.” He said before going back inside the apartment.

Seunghyun’s POV

I and Youngbae are both quite inside the car, but actually I am thinking about Dara and all she said to me earlier. I didn’t notice that I am smiling until Youngbae nudge me at the arm.

“Aigoo..my best friend is smiling like crazy with no reason..” He said and gives me his silly smile.

“Huh?..What are you talking about?”

“Tell me the truth..your thinking of a girl, right?” He raises his eye brows and smile.

“Hahaha..How did you come up with that conclusion?” I ask back.

“Seunghyun-ah, we have been friends for almost how many years, and I know that only a girl could make you smile like that…so now, tell me..Am I, right?” He is overconfident with his statement.

“Yeah!your, right.” I agree.

“Wohoo!..Hey, Seunghyun-ah, can I guess who she is?” Youngbae ask with a playful smile plaster on his face.

“Who?”

“Dara-sshi?!” He quickly said, excitement can hear from his voice.

“Hahahaha..What makes you think that it was her?”

“I just feel it and I have a good vibration when it comes to that.” He said boastfully and shrugs off his shoulder.

“Unless you met her.” I startled at his added statement because I know who he is talking about.

Youngbae’s POV

‘Opps!, I think I said something bad. His reaction turns to lonely and sad. Haish!..Why did I say that?..I am being talkative.’ I scolded myself in my thought while looking at his expression.

“I’m sorry..”

“No, it’s ok.”

“Seunghyun-ah, are you still waiting for her?..or should I ask, are you still looking for her?” I frankly ask since I started to open it up. I see him nod. I can clearly see on his face how he is hoping to see her very much, but I don’t think it’s still healthy for him to in that situation always.

“Seunghyun-ah, don’t you think it’s time for you to move from her?..because as I can see it, you are the only one who is hoping and looking for her..it’s like..”

“It’s like I am wasting my time?” He continues my statement copying how the way I usually say it. I shyly nod at him.

“Youngbae-ah, no matter how many times you said that to me, still my decision is final. I am going to find her until my last breathe.” He said in his normal serious voice.

“Haist!, ok fine..I lose!” I raise my hand feeling defeated by him because I know that he is going to stand by his decision and nothing can change it.

“But did you ever think of, if after all this sacrifices you did and still you can’t find her, what will you do?” I directly ask again looking straight at him.

“Then..” He changes his eye direction and start to think.

“Then what?”

“hmm..maybe I’ll consider your suggestion.” He said and looks back at me.

“You mean..move on?” I ask excitedly. Then he nod and shyly smile.

“Yes!” I exclaimed happily.

“Yes, for what?” He curiously asks.

“Seunghyun-ah, you should promise me that..because if you don’t..I am going to knock you head on the wall so you will forget everything you had in the past..promise?” I raise my pink promise finger waiting for him to do the same, but he laugh at me. ‘Haist!’

“Yah!..Choi Seunghyun-ah!” I scream then scolded him and he pause from laughing when he sees my serious face.

“pfpfft!..Yeah!.Promise, cross my heart!” He did it and added the cross sign on his chest and laugh again. I settle myself again in the car and he elbows me at my arm, I turn my head and look at him.

“Yah, are you serious at what you said to me?” He asks with a worried expression plaster on his face.

“Yeah, I am serious.” I said to scare him more and his expression turns out frightened.

“Hahahaha..I’m just joking!..” He let out a big relieve sigh.

“Hwew!..I thought you are going to do it.” He said feeling so relieve.

“I will!” I quickly said and it made him look puzzled towards me.

“If the situation needs it.” I seriously added.

Nobody’s POV

The next day at the Choi Corporation…

“Mr. President, the investors will be here within 30 minutes.” Dara inform Seunghyun.

“Alright!..Anyway is everything ready at the conference room?” Seunghyun ask then grab his coat from the coat holder and wear it on.

“Yes, Mr. President!..The boards of directors are also there.” Dara answers politely while looking at Seunghyun that is fixing himself.

“How about Dong Youngbae-ah? Did he arrive also?” Seunghyun ask tightening his neck tie while looking at the big standing mirror inside his office.

“He hasn’t arrive yet, Mr. President..but he said he will be here.” Dara replied. Seunghyun look at his hair if it was fix correctly, and when he is done, he turn around to face Dara.

“How do I look?” He asks Dara, and she didn’t expect that he will ask her that. Seunghyun is wearing a white coat with a red handkerchief place inside his chest pocket, black neck tie, white slacks and a pair of black shoes his hair is perfectly done and he looks totally a bachelor. Seunghyun is waiting for her comment, but she it looks like her lips were glued that she didn’t speak.

“Do I really look handsome that much, that you won’t be able to speak and look mesmerized at me, huh?” Seunghyun sarcastically ask the amazed Dara and it made her wake up from her daydreaming.

“H-huh?..ahh..” She quickly avoided looking at Seunghyun.

“Hahaha..did I caught you off guard?” He chuckle and starts to .

“Aish!..” Dara give him her irritated look.

“Of course not. And besides I am thinking of something that made me mesmerized and it’s not you Mr. President.” She directly said a lie to change the topic.

“Oh, really?..Well, sad to say that it was not me..Hahaha..but anyway, as I was asking earlier. How do I look?” He curiously asks again.

“You look good Mr. President.” She replied.

“Thanks!.Now, let’s go?!” He said and both of them come out of the office room. They waited for the elevator to come up and when it reaches them, the door open revealing Youngbae and Bom talking inside.

“Oh, you’re here!” Seunghyun ask the two and it made them look at him.

“Good Morning Mr. President!” Youngbae and Bom greeted in unison.

“Good Morning!” He replied then moves a side to reveal Dara that is standing behind him.

“Park Sandara-sshi?” Youngbae ask upon seeing her. Dara look at them and bow before smiling shyly.

“Good Morning!” She said and Seunghyun let her go inside first at the elevator before him.

Dongwook’s POV

We are all settle down and after five minutes, the important visitors have now arrived. The meeting started by Park Bom-sshi presentation and it was presented with complete confidence; we can see how the investors react about the new project plan and then after Park Bom is Seunghyun’s turn to answer and clear things out from the investors.

“The whole presentation that Ms. Park Bom did was good, but I don’t know if the project will be a big hit especially now a days. But still when will be the final project be done?” Ask by Mr. Hsu from Taiwan.

“To tell you the truth, the construction is doing smoothly and as of now, we are not having problems with it..so if it will continue to be like that, the amusement teen park will be finish at the end of next month this year.” Seunghyun answer firmly and the investors nod at him like they like what he said.

“Is there any assurance that our investment will not be put for nothing?” Ask by Mr. Brook from Singapore.

“I know you are going to ask that, that’s why I put there at the contracts…” He pause a while then his secretary Dara distributed the contracts to the investors and after receiving it, they start to scan it.

“It was written there, that after 1 month of managing the project, and the sales didn’t turn out good. I will return to you the investments that you have spent to it.” I was surprise with his statement, actually not only me, but all of us.

“Are you sure that you can do that?” ask by Mr. Fernandez, the Philippine investor.

“I stand with my word and decision, so trust me, Mr. Fernandez.” He answers him with confidence and we can see how serious he is with what he said. The 3 investors look at each other then back to the contract that they are reading.

“Mr. President, did you think of the possible result regarding your decision? ” Mr. Sy asks, he is one of the boards of directors at our company.

“Are you thinking about bankruptcy, Mr. Sy?” He asks him directly and he slightly nods and the rest of the directors did as well.

“Well, actually I thought of that for how many times. I have made also a new contract for all of you..Ms. Park, please pass these to them.” He turn over to Dara a portfolio that has the new contract that he is saying. All of us except the investors have a copy and start to read its content.

“I stated there, that if this new project that I made or agreed after replacing Mr. Choi Sr. as the president of this company, I will resign as the president of this corporation.” I was more shock by this because I never thought that he is going to do it.

“W-what?!” The board of directors said in unison.

“Mr. President..” Dong Youngbae, Park Bom and Park Sandara said in unison with a worried expression plaster on their faces as they look at Seunghyun.

“I know what I am doing and I know that it is too risky, but I thought about it for so long..If this project won’t be able to succeed during my reigning term, then it only means that I am not fitted as a president of this company and I didn’t able to handle it well.” He reason out to us. The directors and the investors start to murmuring at one another regarding this.

“Are you saying Mr. President that you will gamble your position only for this project?” Mr. Hyun asks, he is also a member of the board.

“Yes, Mr. Hyun Ji hoon.” He confirms it.

“Are you doing this because you are confident that this project will be a big hit?” Mr. Kim asks curiously and now all ears are in him.

“hmm..My answer is Yes! Every details of the plan are very well manage so I am fully confident that this will be a big hit and can be a competitor to the other ones..but that’s not the only reason why I did this, because I want to challenge myself to become a better and deserving president of this company. If there is no challenge, there is no thrill in life, am I right?” He answers directly and honestly. Then we all heard applause, it came from one of the investors.

“I like you Mr. Choi Seunghyun!..Your positive way of thinking, passion, confidence and determination are really amazing. It’s my first time to encounter a person like you and I admire you for being like that.” Mr. Hsu compliments him after he did his applause.

“Thank you Mr. Jerry Hsu!” He bowed at him and the rest of the investors look like they are being convinced by him.

“Let’s schedule the contract signing next week, do you agree?!” Mr. Hsu said and glance at the two investors beside him.

“We agree with you, let’s do the signing as soon as possible.” The remaining two investors said in unison. It made us all look shock with their decision.

“Yes we will!..” Seunghyun happily said to them.