“it’s better for him to not know it”

Just So You Know

Seunghyun’s POV

When she left me, I was being dumbfounded. I think I did hurt her feelings with what I said, but I can’t figure out why?. Hmm..Dara is such a mysterious girl and I got this crazy feeling that I should do something to get to know her more. I want to help her from what she is going through. After my short realization, I wash the dish I used since she hasn’t finished her food so I just cover it on the table. If ever she would come out from her room, she still can eat it. Then I properly place the grocery foods that I bought for her to stock, in case of emergency. When I am done, I wanted to knock on her room but I know that she don’t want to be alone so I pass by it and went out their house and lock it for her safety. Because when I came here earlier, the door was not locked so I entered in. I was about to call Bom when my phone rings.

“Hello?” I picked it up while going downstairs of their apartment.

“Seunghyun..sshi, it’s me Bom..Sorry to disturb you again..”

“Don’t think that way..I was about to call you, but good thing you call..Dara..sshi, is now doing fine and sleeping soundly I think..because after we talked she went to her room so I decided to go home then.” I give her the latest news about her sister so she won’t be worrying.

“Thank you Seunghyun..sshi!..I don’t know how I could repay you for this, but I can guarantee you..if ever you need help also, don’t hesitate to call me..but, of course not related to money..hehehe..because I am lack with that..” she said while at the end she sounded shy.

“Hahaha..Ok, I’ll do..Wish you luck on your presentation tomorrow..and please say hi to youngbae for me.” I chuckle a bit before saying it to her.

“Ok, I will!..Thanks again.”

“Bye!” We ended the call and I ride on a bus to go home.

---->

At the Choi House

I arrived at the house feeling so exhausted and my body is really in pain. ‘Geez!..how could such a girl like her have a strength like a gangster, is she really one of them? ’ I thought to myself while stretching out my body as I enter the house and pass by the dining area going to my room upstairs.

“Seunghyun..aah!.” it’s mom’s voice who called my name when I pass by at the dining area, so I stop and walk back to see her. I came in and see dad, mom and Dongwook having dinner together.

“Join us son. Let’s all have dinner together as a whole family.” Dad happily said, so I pulled a seat next to dad, because mom seats on the side next to dad and Dongwook seats next to mom. But before I could sit, Dongwook place down on the table his table napkin and stood up.

“I’m done!..I am going to bed.” He said and quickly went out. I feel sad knowing that I am the reason why he is being distant with his family, and I don’t want to see him like that because he is unintentionally hurting his parents. I believe and I know that he love them so much but because of me, he felt that I get all what was belongs to him was taken by me. I really want to tell him that I don’t like all of this, that I can give him everything to him if it’s the things that he wants so we could be brother and become a whole happy family. I want him to know that, but he never listen because he build up hatred in his heart that is blocking everything since from the start. I want to follow him, but dad stops me.

“Let him be.” I look at to dad, and he is serious about it. So I just obey him, I don’t want to be a burden also to him because he is also like a real father to me. I take a sit and mom put foods on my plate.

“Here, eat it. I know you’ve been working hard, so you need a strong resistance.” I can see that she is force to smile, but deep inside she is hurting and want to follow her son, but my dad is being hard to him. I don’t know why he is acting that way towards his son, it’s actually not enough to hate your blood relative especially your family when he just did a wrong doing. I look at my dad while he is eating; I am trying to figure it out why he is like that.

“How the company doing this days?” he suddenly ask while not looking at me. I shifted my face back to my plate.

“The company is doing fine. In fact, the new investors from Taiwan, Singapore and Philippines will be coming 3 days from now. I am planning to add them to the new project that I am doing to uplift more the income of the company.” I said to him.

“Good!..I’ll be waiting for a good result.”

When we finished eating I went up stairs to my room then sits on the edge of my bed, then I remember something. I walk into my drawer and see a medium size of rectangular box with a ribbon on it. It’s a gift for Dongwook that I bought from the U.S before coming here. I don’t think I can give it to him personally so I decided to go out of my room and pass in his room. The lights were still on, means that he is still awake so I knock, but he didn’t open instead he turns off his light.

“I know you are still awake. And I know that you really hate me that much, but I want you to know that no matter what you do to me, I will still be here as a brother, sibling or friend whenever you need me. I am sorry for everything.” I have said what I wanted to say to him and put down near the door my present for him.

“I hope you will like it. Good night!.” With that, I go back to my room and lay down on bed. My room was so big and feels so empty and lonely. I push up the end of my right polo sleeve to my elbow part to have a better look of my bracelet, which symbolizes my promise to Tokkie. I sit up then stare and hold it. This is the one that giving me strength to overcome all the struggles and loneliness I have inside me.

“Where are you, santokki?..Are you doing fine now?..I want to see you, but it seems you don’t want to see me because you don’t make yourself visible.” I let out a disappointed sigh, and then I remember what detective Kang told me when we met.

Flashback:

“Sir, I went to the orphanage that you have been admitted and look for the lady named Tae and show a photo with you together that you gave me. They say that she is no longer working there and they don’t know where she is now.” Detective Kang reported me. I was looking for teacher Tae since I don’t know what tokkie’s real name. if I found her, it would be easy to find tokkie. But after hearing that she is no longer working there, I felt like my losing my hope. But I won’t give up easily; I will definitely get a way to find her.

“It’s ok, just continue to look for her. I still do my part also.” I give him my determination look.

“Ok, sir!..I’ll inform you if ever I get news about it.” Detective Kang said.

End of Flashback

“I have a strong feeling that you are around here in Korea, tokkie. Just wait, and I will definitely find you.” I smile while saying it. Then I go to my bathroom to clean up myself.

Dongwook’s POV

When I knew that he already left, I open my door and see a gift on the ground. I closed my room door and go back to my bed as I begin to open it up. I am surprise on to what he bought. It is a gundam toy. Why did he bring me this? Then I remember, one time when we pass by a toy store. I saw a gundam toy displayed outside so I tug my dad’s polo and ask him to buy me that, but he is busy talking to his friend with the business topic of course. If only mom is with us, she would probably buy me that, but she was left at the house so only me and Seunghyun joined dad with his meeting. That day was a week after Seunghyun was being adopted by my parents and we still have an awkward feeling to each other. I really want that toy but dad is not paying attention to me. Then Seunghyun ask me if I like that, and I nod at him. He said to me that he will going to buy it for me, but of course I don’t believe him because he don’t have money to buy it. But still, I hold that promise he made, so I trusted him. That’s the time that I started to get to know each other and have spent time playing together. Seunghyun is really a good person, and after weeks something happens that make my dad’s kind of treatment to me become cold and all his attention was transferred to Seunghyun. So I didn’t notice that I start to build up insecurity in myself. And the insecurity later on become hatred because Dad continues to give Seunghyun what must be mine, I grew up being rebel to my parents that I ended up disappointing Dad with my every actions. He sends Seunghyun to America to study there while I, remain here. That’s the time I met Shane and become my girlfriend without knowing my parents. Shane is the girl who changes me and made me realize how bad I have done to my parents. So when Seunghyun was away, I tried everything I can to make up for my wrong doings but Dad is so cold towards me, and I don’t know why he is like that. I failed to win him back, so I ended up very disappointed and that disappointment lead into an accident causing me to lose Shane in an instant. I am very angry that time and she keeps on telling me to just continue what I am doing because she believes that my dad will acknowledge me again. I don’t think that she understand what I am feeling that time so I keep on shouting at her and blame her for all that is happing to me right now. We are arguing while I am driving the car on the road that I lost my focus on the street. I didn’t see a truck is coming towards us, with my shock, I turn the drive wheel to the other side and ended up crashing on the cemented tall post of whatever line it is. I am able to be awake so I look at Shane, only to see her not breathing and blood was all over her face. Then after that, I woke up and found out that I am at the hospital with my mom sitting beside me while a tube hose and needle is in me. Mom is so worried, and I saw Dad talking with someone outside. After a few weeks staying at the hospital I am discharge. I already got the news that Shane was dead, and I am still mourning for her. I am blaming myself for what happened and her parents also are filing a case for me to pay for my fault. Dad’s name and reputation was being drag in the incident. That made him more being cold to me, and to not spread the news all over he paid those reporters and Shane’s family exchange for my wrong did and not let me go in prison. Money can manipulate everything for my dad especially if it’s related to his very precious reputation. Since then, the case has been closed and not being talked by the media, like it was being buried without a trace. I don’t think Seunghyun knows that, and it’s better for him to not know it. I know time will come and I will bring back the old times, I will be able to accept you again as my brother when I don’t feel any hatred anymore.

 

Here you go!!..Sorry for the long wait..I have been very busy with my schedule so that is why I only had one chapter update for this..Sorry..Please, don't leave me and continue to support it..I am Thankful for all your comments and the subscribers of course..I know it's a boring update..I'll just make it up to you all soon..just bare with me..Thanks!!..Comments are very well welcome..Thanks again!!..Kyaah!!