The Mission???

Infinitely Dangerous

 

The Next Day~

I woke up to my alarm clock and went to wash up and change into training clothes. I went to our personal gym and I started to practice my kicks and punches. Being a girl obviously made you less powerful in a fight with a male, but if you were fast enough, you could make up for that. That was what Melina told me when she made me train, day in and day out. Until my knuckles hurt and until I could barely stand on my own two feet.

I side kicked the punching bag and grit my teeth against the force thrown back at me. “Want to spar?” Melina came in wearing similar training clothes. “And you can beat my ?” I smirked.

“Well I wouldn’t say that. How about loser buys winner a drink?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Oh what the hell. Let’s do it.” I said and we moved onto the training mats. When we sparred, to not hurt each other, we did the move, but we stopped before it made contact and the other would have to acknowledge that the hit would have connected in a real fight.

 We circled each other on the training mats, our faces devoid of any smiles now. Melina had taught me there was no room for personal feelings when we took lives. You needed to be harsh and fast. That way the feelings wouldn’t even be able to register on your conscious.

Melina made the first move which surprised me because she loved to wait until I got impatient with her. She threw a straightforward punch and I blocked and side stepped to punch her in the side, but she was ready for me because when I moved she wound her leg around mine and used my weight to throw me down on the mat.

I got up immediately as she watched me, preparing for my attack. I smirked and dove forward, feinting right. Melina looked to the right, but I knew that she was smarter than that and my knuckles grazed the left side of her jaw before she knocked my hand away.

We both kept our breathing even as we went at each other. More intensely this time. By the time we were both sweating, and panting. She would have probably cracked my ribs, punched my jaw and cheek, gave me a black eye and a punch in the stomach. I already had a bruise on my from being thrown to the floor a few times.

I didn’t do so bad though, even if I do say so myself. I would’ve given her a black eye, split lip, bruised shin, cheek and back. “I think I win.” She smiled helping me up. I rubbed my back. “You just love throwing me around don’t you?” I asked sarcastically. She laughed, it was a gentle and light laughter. “You make it easy. I would try to work on protecting your stance when you go in for an attack. You leave some room for people to use your momentum against you.” She said as we went back upstairs.

“Well I’m buying drinks. I will be back.” I said just throwing on a coat and going to our favorite liquor store.

“We could’ve gone to a bar.” Melina said as we sat at our kitchen island. “Yeah, but I’m too lazy to shower right now and make myself presentable.” I said breaking the seal of the Bacardi and Smirnoff.

I put some ice cubes in our glasses and poured us a healthy amount. I knocked back the Bacardi in one gulp.

Melina finished hers too. “I wished that you couldn’t hold your alcohol so well sometimes.” She said after we drank a few more glasses. I stopped and looked at her setting my glass down with a soft clink. “Huh?” I asked.

“What I mean is that you’ve gotten so good at things that aren’t good for you. Sometimes I wonder if it was fair for me to do this to you.” She said pouring herself another glass of Smirnoff.

I laughed. “Mel, I’m grateful for everything you have done. Don’t doubt anything. I wouldn’t of had it any other way.  And besides when I do reconnaissance missions by getting close to the target to get information, they think I’m drunk when I’m really not. That has saved me many times.” I said.

She let a small smile show. “I worry about you regardless. I’m like your mother.”

“You’re too young. I’d say, we’re more like sisters.” I winked.

She laughed this time. “Well sis. Go shower in your room. You stink.” She held her nose.

“You don’t smell like daises either.” I retorted giggling but nodded and went to wash up.

Melina was sitting at the island when I came out toweling my hair. She had a towel around her neck too so I guess she showered faster than I had. The drinks and glasses were moved aside as she was reading somethings from a manila envelope.

She didn’t look up as I sat down across from her. “Melina?”

She finally set the paper down after she finished. “New mission.” She said and she turned the paper around so I could read it and she laid out seven pictures.

“What? I have to kill them all?” I asked. She shook her head. “No. Not yet at least.” She said. “You know we aren’t the only assassins out there.” I nodded. “Well these boys are assassins as well and recently their company and ours had a bit of a run in. We didn’t know that they had these seven boys until recently because they’ve been kept under the radar.”

I studied the pictures. “Then what exactly I’m I supposed to do?” I asked. “It doesn’t exactly say much. Find out as much about them as you can while keeping your own identity a secret. Shadow says he wants to recruit them for us, but their ties with the other company are strong. You aren’t to hurt them just yet.”

“Ugh, I hate it when I can’t just do this quick. Did Shadow say how long he wants me to do this for?” I asked. Melina shook her head. “Not exactly. I’ll find out soon. But in any case you have to prepare. How do you want to integrate into their lives?” she asked.

I thought about it for a moment. “Well they are all guys aren’t they? Just have to act like the damsel in distress. Gets them every time.” I smiled. “But before I dress up and get into character, I really do need you to rough me up. Preferably a lot of bruises.” I said standing up.

“You know I don't like doing that.” Melina sighed. “Fine I’ll just ask Ethan.” I smiled and she glared. “No don’t ask him.” She said. “Mel, you still angry at him for botching your job three years ago?” I asked.

“That and because he’s a selfish, egotistical, asinine…” she looked up at me, clearing . I raised my eyebrow. “You both trained to be assassins together though.” I said. She stayed silent this time. “Fine. Get ready and I’ll meet you in the training room.” And she left. I went to my room and picked out a skirt and a sheer short sleeved blouse.

“Ugh, this is way too cute.” I shuddered and went to meet Melina.

 

------------

Picture creds to LAluvsyou on Photobucket :]

 

I hope you are liking it so far! :P