The situation...complicates

Infinitely Dangerous

 

The guys showered and changed and then went out. “Time to go.” I said and after we made sure the guys were gone we went to get Pan ni’s car. “I miss my Audi.” I touching he dashboard. “Hey Hey, this is my baby.” She said playfully. I rolled my eyes. “So how did you end up sleeping on Dongwoo’s bed?” I asked. “We were eating snacks and playing a game and I got tired, is all.”

She said cooly.

I threw her a look but she ignored me.

“Melina sent me the blueprints.” Pan ni said giving me a large manila envelope. “I saw them already.” And she looked at me surprised. “In Woohyun’s room.” I explained and she then understood. So is it possible to avoid them on the way up?” she asked. “Possibly. They are trying to cover all of the possible exits and honestly they would all be hard to take on.”

“So we’re screwed either way?” she laughed. “You know you don't believe that.” I said handing her facemask. “Well we do love a challenge.” I said and she nodded. “Let’s try to keep away from bumping into them though. Fighting them hand to hand is different then having guns in our hand.” She said and I looked at her for a second. “You care about hurting them.” I stated and she braked hard, jerking us both against the seatbelt.

“They’re just a mission.” She said. “And let’s not forget that.”

But, I had a feeling she was saying it more for her benefit than mine. I shrugged and checked my two guns. Two knives were respectively slipped into my boots.

“How’s the security?” I asked. “Ethan, in all his jokingness, was like her security is like a dense forest. Without a machete or two we wouldn’t be able to get through, by force anyway.” Pan ni laughed to herself.

“I’m seriously suspicious of his sense of humor.” I giggled.

“Me too.” Pan ni smiled.

We parked a few blocks away and walked to the condo complex. I ducked down with Pan ni and told her the route she should take, and which route I was taking. “She lives in the penthouse. Which is probably the most dangerous.” I said.

She nodded. “Good luck.” She said and we gave each other a quick high five and we finally set out. My heart was a little more squirmish than usual. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “You got this Minji.” I said under my breath and I made my way upstairs. I kept my steps light but when I got closer to the top floor I noticed that there was something wrong. When I got to the landing there was a guy in a black suit that was face down on the ground and unmoving.

I got my gun out and pulled back my safety and held it at ready.  I walked up another two flights and it was the same thing. I turned over of them around and saw the gun shot wound in his heart.  Quick and fast kills. The guys were moving faster than me. I walked up another landing but realized that this one didn’t have a bodyguard and then suddenly someone came at me from behind. I moved to dodge and my hip hit the handrail making me drop my gun and I grit my teeth against the pain.

I expected to see Hoya but it was a bodyguard and he came at me again this time taking out his gun. I whirled around and kicked it out of his hand. He dove for it and I kicked him in the chest. But he was much bigger than me and after he grunted, he grabbed my leg and twisted. I lost my balance and went down.

He kicked me straight in my ribs and I gasped in pain. But i didnt waste any time, I hooked my foot around his ankle and pulled on him while I picked myself up making him fall back and hit his head on the wall. I grabbed his around the neck and with one quick jerk his neck snapped.

I straightened cradling my side. “I bet she tests how hard they can kick before she hires them.” I muttered as I picked up his gun and ejected the magazine for myself. Then I picked up my gun and checked it. With out deep breath I kept going up. There was a live bodyguard and I ducked down to make sure he didn’t see me. I closed an eye to aim my gun through the limited space between my landing and his and shot. My silencer reduced my gun shot to a soft thwack, I hit him right in the center of the forehead and he went down with a thud.

I was about to go up the landing when someone grabbed me from behind. I reacted in that same moment and flipped him over to my right side and kneed my attacked in the gut before straddling him and pressing my elbow to his throat. This time it was Hoya.

He was breathing hard, as was I.

“It’s always you.” He said. “I’m doing the same thing as you. I don’t understand why we need to be each others throats.”

His eyes narrowed. “You’re the one at my throat.” He said. “If you aren’t going to attack me again, I don’t see why we can’t just stay out of each others way.” I said. He knew he was in the bad position so he nodded and slowly I got up. I held out my hand and after a cautious moment he took my hand and I helped him up.

He suddenly perked up and he grabbed my arm pulling me to him as he pulled us behind the door leading onto that floor. I was about to protest when I heard someone coming down the stairs. He let go of me and when the bodyguard came to where we were, I pushed open the door and kicked the guy in the chest and Hoya came around and punched him in the face before taking out his gun and shooting him in the heart.

“If you try to hurt my members, I will shoot you without a second thought.” He said to me and I nodded. Then he disappeared going back through the door, probably taking another route now.

I managed not to get into another fight and killed the bodyguards cleanly but my magazine was empty. I reloaded with a new one and opened the door to corridor to the penthouse. Suddenly I froze because someone was holding a gun to my head.

I turned my head to see Woohyun. “You need to stop interfering.” He said and I ducked before he shot me to grab his wrist and twist outwards and away from me. His free came up to punch me in the cheek. I jerked to one side but my hand on his gun hand was still tight. “We have the same mission.” I said and he growled. “I don’t want to work with you.” He said. “Well I guess we don’t have a choice now.” And his face turned confused. I let go of his hand and grabbed his shoulder and pushed both of us down as a gunshot sailed over where our heads used to me. Woohyun didn’t wait too long and he raised his own gun and shot the bodyguard in the gun. I raised mine as well and shot him in the head and he went down.

Then we turned our guns to each other as we slowly got up.

“I’ll let you go this once.” He said darkly and lowered his gun. I lowered mine too. We both moved together and went towards the penthouse. The door the penthouse was ajar and we went inside. We saw Sungyeol gripping his shoulder, blood flowing through his fingers and a woman holding a gun at him. Woohyun seeing in trouble shot at her, but she dodged and he missed her. Now her attention was turned towards us. She looked just like her picture except now her face was full of anger.

“You think you can come into my house and kill me?” she asked her voice incredulous. She scoffed. I’m going to kill all of you and feed you to the sharks.” And I didn’t doubt her words. She shot as us and both Woohyun and I separated, rolling to the side. I grabbed one of my extra guns and tossed it at Sungyeol. He caught it with surprise but he flipped the safety and shot at the gambling boss.

He missed though, because his hand was slippery with blood.

She turned around to shoot at him and he managed to weakly roll out of the way. “Boss!” two body guards shouted as they plowed through the door. Woohyun was trying to help Sungyeol up so he didn't see them point his gun at them. “Woohyun!” I shouted and rushed over and pushed him out of the way. I felt two explosions of pain, one in my side and the other in my leg.

I dropped to my knees and I felt my vision darken around the edges. Suddenly I saw that the two bodyguards at the door went down. Pan ni was holding her gun at the ready. Dongwoo beside her. So I wasn’t the only one who managed to convince the guys to work with us.

Her eyes widened when she saw me and she went forward to come to me but Dongwoo grabbed her arm and pulled her back just in time to get out of the way of the gambling boss’s shot.

“I’m going to kill you all!” she said and suddenly she was gurgling, blood surging to because of the knife deeply embedded in her jugular. Sungjong was standing in the open glass door on the side of the living room.

Suddenly Woohyun was next to me putting pressure on my leg wound while my hand was still pressed to my side. “Why did you do that? And how do you know my name?” he asked in succession but I felt myself losing consciousness. He scooped me up bridal style and then all hell broke loose when Pan ni pointed the gun at Woohyun’s head. “If you hurt her, I will kill you.” She said.

“Put the gun down.” He said unflinching. “We need to get her to a doctor. Gaja.” He said and I gasped at the jostling as he started to move faster with me in his arms. He was rushing downstairs before everyone in the building was alerted of the situation that just happened here.

I felt my breathing quicken and my bloody hand came up to grip Woohyun’s shirt. My head rested against his chest. He stopped when we were outside.

Pan ni’s arm never faltered. Sungjong was holding a knife at ready too.

Then suddenly I thought I was dreaming. Another gun appeared at Woohyun’s head and this one was held by my godmother. “I need you to switch with my friend here.” Melina said. Hoya and Sunggyu also appeared their guns pointed at Melina but Ethan had a gun pointed at both of them.

“Well isn’t this quit the impasse.” Woohyun said looking at everyone and then down at me. Dongwoo was supporting Sungyeol.

“We’ll take her now.” Melina said not caring about Hoya and Sunggyu.

I jerked feeling a cough coming and felt the metallic taste of blood explode in my mouth.

“Take her now!” Melina shouted at Ethan and he put his guns down and came over to get me from Woohyun’s arms. He let go of me and the last thing I saw were the looks on the guy’s faces before my world turned to black.

---------------------------------------

Action is always so fun to write. What do you guys think of my action scenes? Anything i need to fix? :[