Not worth it

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I felt the hair on the back of my neck, my adrenaline pumping again. Daniel took a step towards Pan ni and I opened my mouth. “I’m going to kill you.” I said and he head turned around to look at me. “Really?” he asked curiously.

“Like how I shoved that knife in Claire’s heart.” I added and he walked slowly over to me. I knew Pan ni was looking at me in disbelief. But, I felt guilty. I was the one to get Pan ni in this mess. She didn’t need to come back from Budapest if not I was faltering in my mission. I wasn’t about to let her get tortured by Daniel, if I could help it.

I couldn’t do much else but use my mouth to antagonize him. He let out a sound of scoff and then the rod was on my bare thigh. I felt the cold metal and then I my vision blackened around the edges. It hurt like a . I swear I felt the current run through me because we were wet from the cold water.

He took it off and I stopped gritting my teeth and took in a breath with a gasp

“Minji!” Pan ni called my name but I shook my head. “Now tell me, where are key locations in Shadow’s operation.

“It’s not going to happen.” I said breathless and he raised his hand to strike me with it again when the door burst open. Sunggyu walked in. “Don’t you ing dare touch her.” He said angrily. He came over and grabbed Daniel’s wrist despite him being older and shut off the electric rod and threw it to the other side of the room.

The two men glared daggers at each other. “You need to leave Sunggyu.” Daniel said calmly.

“You need to stop.” Sunggyu growled. “You don’t know anything. This girl you are protecting has been telling you nothing but lies. Eunji? Her name isn’t Eunji.” Daniel scoffed.

“It’s Minji.” Belle said and Sunggyu looked at me for the first time since he came into the room. His expression was unreadable, but his eyes were full of raw pain. And he blinked and everything was gone. It was the same cold stare I had when I had a mission.

He turned back to Daniel. “Just because she lied about her name doesn’t mean that knows anything about Shadow.” Sunggyu said.

“And you defend her. Don’t tell me you were charmed by her innocent act. You think I don’t know that you and the rest of the guys have been looking through every compound to try to find out where they were taken?” Daniel said.

“It’s an order from the boss, and you know as well as I do, it is not optional.” He pointed a finger at Sunggyu’s chest.

“Now leave before I have you dragged out Sunggyu.” Daniel said.

“Sunggyu.” I said finding my voice and he finally looked at me again. I shook my head. “I’m not worth it.” I didn’t want him to challenge his boss and get in trouble just because he was futilely trying to free us.

Daniel shoved Sunggyu back. “Before you go Sunggyu.” Pan ni finally spoke. Sunggyu looked at her blinking. “Tell Dongwoo, I hate him.” Pan ni said her voice cold. “Now leave.” Daniel raised his voice and two guys came in to grab Sunggyu. “Touch me and I’ll kill you both.” Sunggyu said coldly. His eyes met mine again. There was a promise in them but I looked away from him, I didn’t want him to promise me anything.

-----------------------------------------

Whose heart will break first? :[ 3