Distance

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I growled as we came into contact again. He grabbed my shoulder and tried to flip me but I stomped on his instep and he followed with a elbow in my ribs.

Oh I would be feeling this in the morning…

After a few more minutes, my cheek throbbed and my ribs hurt but I knew that I wasn’t the only affected one. Hoya was favoring his left leg because I kicked his right thigh, hard, and his cheek and jaw were swollen.

He wiped the blood from the corner of his lips. He smirked. “This is fun.” He said and I found myself smiling again despite the pain I was feeling. “Aren’t you a muscle head then?” I said voice light and he chuckled. “Well I’m not out to kill you just yet. I’m kind of curious of what’s behind the mask.”

“I don’t think it’s very smart to use your brain to think about that.” I said and he smiled. “Why not? I think you are probably a very pretty girl.” He said and I laughed. “When did you take Nam Woohyun’s job as being a flirt?” I asked and he chuckled. “So Woohyun’s greasiness actually follows along with his information.” Then his eyes turned serious.

“Well enough talk. Let’s go.” And he came at me again. I swung around and came back with a roundhouse kick, hitting his shoulder. He grunted as he used his hand to stop his fall. I knew that I needed to end this because it dragged on too long, I would be the one to lose.

I steeled myself and then I went at him. I feinted right and he took it so I moved behind him and kicked him in the back, sending him sprawling forward. I didn’t want to do what happened next but I closed my eyes and I kicked Hoya in the side and he gasped in pain. “One, two, three…ten.” Hoya had tried to get up, but he couldn’t and he relaxed on the mat when the count was over.

“You didn’t get beaten by a girl. You got beaten by a fellow assassin.” And he still had the strength to chuckled softly. “That I did.” And I went over to help him up. I swung his arm around my shoulder and put a hand around his waist to support him as he leaned against him. He actually did lean on me. I chided him in my head for being too trusting.

I got out of the room and the guys were there to get him from me. Woohyun shot me a cold and hard look but I was unfazed.

“Your next fight isn’t until tomorrow morning. You are going to fight Woohyun.” Daniel said coming to stand beside me. My eyes glared at him and I shrugged and left. I already memorized the map on the back of so called ID card so I made my way to the nearest pantry. I grabbed an energy bar and a bottle of water before sitting down.

I looked around, trying to see if anyone was coming before I removed my mask, but my fingers stopped just when I was about to unhook it from behind my ears. Sunggyu walked in.

“Aren’t you injured too? Don’t you need more than that to replenish your energy? Fighting Hoya uses a lot of energy because he is so persistent.” And without invitation he sat down across from me. My eyes trailed over his face and down to torso. All the guys were wearing black wifebeaters and sweatpants. The male version of training gear.

“Why do you care? Wouldn’t you guys be happy if I were to collapse in one of the fights along the way?” I asked, suspicion in my voice.

He seemed thoughtful for a moment. “Well you are under Celestia’s care for now so I don’t think us being at each other’s throats and looking forward to your death is going to be anything beneficial for us.” He finally answered and that caught me by surprise. He was the cool headed leader.

“Do you want to join us for dinner? We’re going to get some barbeque.” He said a hint of a smile showing.

I tapped my mask. “As much as that is a compelling offer, I will not take this off in front of you guys.”

“And why is that?” he asked voice challenging now. “Because you don’t need to know. I will disappear after I do my part of the bargain and you will never see me again.” His face actually saddened.

“I know you haven’t been here long but do you know where they are keeping two girls?” he asked and I shook my head. “My moving area is limited. Why concern yourself with two girls? If they are being tortured, might as well assume they are dead.” And his eyes became angry.

“Don’t ing say that again.” He said and he got up and walked out.

I sighed. “Stupid Sunggyu.” I said softly and grabbed the items that I picked to go back to my room.

-----------------------------------------

:'[

 

Feel free to comment! love it, hate it? :3