The End

Infinitely Dangerous
 
He must've pulled his strength in at the end because he probably could've caved my skull in with that gun. I would've died and never knew what hit me. My head screamed in pain like someone was driving needles into it but I slowly forced my eyes open. I was horizontal to the ground and I had to blink painfully to clear my darkened vision. I felt sluggish and I just wanted to sleep, but I saw a pair of shoes and I knew that I had no time to lay around. I felt like my body weight a ton as I tried to pull myself up. "Minji!" someone called my name with urgency but the shout sent another pulse of pain through my aching head. "I'm going to kill you Sunggyu. How could you do this to us, to her?!" Woohyun's voice growled in anger. 
 
"W-woohyun." I finally managed and he stopped shouting. I tried to get up but I could only pull up my upper body. The pain of moving my head was too much and I felt my limbs were made of jelly. I looked up as much as I could manage and realized what I was looking at. 
 
We were in the center of the compound. It was a circular room, with a mahogany desk piled with papers on one side and a whole wall of monitors. A quick glance showed me that they covered almost every inch of the compound but at least one third of them had already been disabled my us because they only showed gray fuzzy screens. I saw Woohyun and Myungsoo kneeling with a guard holding them at gunpoint. Then I saw Sungjong, Sungyeol and Hoya. They were all in a similar holding position but their injuries showed me that they did not end up here without a fight. They were all bruised and bloodied in some way. Sungjong cradled his upper arm and Hoya favored his right side. I had no doubt in my mind that more blood would be spilled before any of us could think about making it out alive. 
 

"Are you okay?" Woohyun asked. "Yeah." I said. I had surveyed the whole room and made all my observations before looking at the last person in the room. Sunggyu was holding a gun, trained at me without a moment of wavering. I felt my eyes sting. I had trusted him too soon. Woohyun had been right. I let the fact that I wanted him to return to us, to me, before the suspicion I should've had being an assassin. I was a failure and I knew that I would pay for it.

"Why?" I finally asked Sunggyu and he scoffed. "It still hasn't hit you yet? It was all a set up. Belle thought of it. She said that you guys thought I belonged with you and that I should just pretend. It was so easy to gain your trust." He smiled at me coldly. "I wasn't even back with you guys for a few days and you already gave everything to me. Your trust, your misguided feelings and most importantly, your body." I didn't move or say anything. I felt like he had just stabbed repeatedly at my heart and every single time his knife came away, it took a chunk of my heart with it. "Belle said I would just have to think about her and it would make everything easier. You would believe that I truly loved you and the plan could be set into motion to lead all of you here." he chuckled like it was funny. "You should've seen the look on your face when I hit you."

 
"You ing bastard. Sunggyu. I'm going to kill you!" Woohyun screamed. 
 
Humiliation. That was the feeling I felt right now. It washed over me in a painful wave. 
 
I didn't have time to begin to compose myself. The automatic door opened and in stepped Belle. Anger quickly joined my feeling of humiliation. She had made Sunggyu into her puppet. Her puppet to hurt us with. I knew that Choi Son Mi was the one pulling all the strings, but Belle needed to die. Her life would end today even if mine were end too.
 
I tried to move and I heard Sunggyu the gun. "Not so fast. Don't even think about moving. Your reflexes are fast. But as are all ours. You or one of the guys will die." he warned. I swallowed dryly and stayed put. Belle smiled as she approached me. Sungyeol glared at her as she walked past and if glaring could kill she would have been dead with all the looks the guys gave her. But she was unfazed and made her way to us in the center. "Well, who is the powerless one now? Hmmm. I think it's you." and she kicked me in the gut. I bit my lip to keep from screaming in pain so hard I started to bleed. "Still trying to act tough?" she asked with a wondering tone and her question was followed up with a kick to my injured side. 
 
I just curled up, forcing my screams back. She kicked me again and then brought her boot down on my back. "Ahhhh!" I screamed in pain as she dug the heel of her boot into my back. "That's music to my ears." she laughed and Sunggyu joined her. That hurt me more than her physical blows. Biting back the pain that encompassed my body I reached out and grabbed Belle and put her in a death lock. "Nobody move. One twist and I will break her neck." I said as I squeezed tighter to cut off her air canal. She squeaked trying to get me to let go but I held fast. "What makes you think I can't shoot you while you're holding her?" Sunggyu asked face grim. He looked almost panicked behind his eyes. Had he really come to care about Belle enough over this short time?
 
"You said all our reflexes are fast. My adrenaline is pumping thanks to her beat down. I don't feel a thing and am ready to go down. But its not going to happen without a fight." My eyes locked with his as I spoke, no, as I promised.
 
He seemed to know that I wasn't bluffing and he lowered his gun. Suddenly three consecutive shots rang out. Belle gasped in my arms and her body jerked three times before she went still. Someone had shot her right in the heart three times. I looked up to see Choi Son Mi holding a gun. "She was always too noisy.' she said holstering her gun, as she walked to the desk. She was confident. She believed she had won. I scoffed and jerked my hands anyway. The satisfying crunch of Belle's neck made my pain much more bearable. Sunggyu was frozen. Absolutely mortified. 
 
I threw Belle's body aside and stood up. Tears gathered in his eyes. "Belle." he whispered and then his gaze went to me. "I'm going to kill you." he growled between his angry tears. "Sunggyu. Hold on." Choi Son Mi said and like a dog on a leash, Sunggyu stood down. "Funny how you want to kill me when it's her who killed your supposed girlfriend." I said with a taunting tone. A few tears slid down his cheeks but his angry gaze never wavered from me. 
 
"Shoot Sungjong." Choi Son Mi suddenly commanded and a shot rang out instantly followed my Sungjong shout of pain. The guard shot Sungjong in the shoulder from behind. Sungjong sprawled forward his wound gushing blood. He gripped it, glaring at Choi Son Mi but the guard trained his gun on Sungjong again making him unable to move. Sungyeol tried to help but his guard only pressed the gun deeper in the back of his head making me freeze. "Why is it taking so long to take down that last one?!" she snapped suddenly and I looked up to see her talking into a walkie talkie.
 
"He disappeared ma'am. I think he slipped into the main pipe system." he said. "Why are all of you so incompetent!" she snapped again. "Link me up to the main voice system." she told one of the guards and he handed her a small mic. "Dongwoo." she said his name softly like she was calling a child. The whole compound filled with her voice. "If you don't surrender to my men. I will shoot one of your members every fifteen seconds. And if you think I'm making an empty threat, then just keep delaying." she said looking at her watch. 
 
"Shoot Myungsoo." she ordered and Myungsoo struggled with his guard but the one keeping Woohyun immobile, pulled out a second gun and shot Myungsoo in the leg. He moaned in pain. "ing." the guard cursed and stepped on Myungsoo's gunshot wound. "Stop!" I cried. The walkie talkie came to life with a burst of static. "We have him ma'am." but Choi Son Mi didn't acknowledge it. "Shoot Hoya." 
 
"No!" I cried and tried to run to him but Sunggyu grabbed my hair and jerked me back. "No. No. No! No more!" I screamed. Woohyun struggled down against his guard trying to disarm him. The guys moved at once trying to fight off their respective guard. But like before these guards were no push-overs. They knew how to fight and with the guys being weakened earlier, it was a deadlock. 
 
Panicking I turned to Sunggyu, painfully ripping my hair out of his grasp. My bun came loose and my hair came down. "I know you think we're all bad people. I know that you think I tried to kill you. And I know that you don't believe that we are truly your friends, but we are. You are their leader. You are part of us. You don't belong here working for that ." I grasped his arms desperately. "But, I believe you are in there somewhere." I said almost pleadingly. "I know you are. And I love you." I said tears gathering in my eyes. 
 
I could hear Choi Son Mi laugh. She could've ordered all the guys to be shot by now by the extra guard but she didn't. She enjoyed watching us struggle. She enjoyed watching us suffer by fighting each other and for our own lives. If she wanted a show, I would give it to her. And I would make sure that she didn't make it to the end, even if I had to kill myself to do it.
 
Sunggyu seem to have a moment of hesitation. "I want to kill you." he said softly, holding his gun to my heart and I let him. "Then do it." I said and the hand that had been steadily holding his gun trembled. He grabbed his head. "Ahhh." he moaned in pain. I grabbed his gun hand. I could've disarmed Sunggyu but I was too injured to fight them all off, even if I was free to do it. 
 
"Kill me and remember. Remember that these are your friends. That they need you. And that you loved me once." He looked up then, into my eyes. "Remember Sunggyu, and save them."
 
"No Minji! Stop!, you don't know if that's going to work!" Woohyun yelled.
But I already put my finger on top of his trigger finger. Sunggyu's eyes widened. "Wait. I-" and I fired. Searing pain exploded in my chest and my vision went white for a split second before coming back. But even as my vision came back, it darkened around the edges at an alarming rate. There was so much unfinished business. There was still a lot I felt like I had to do. I didn't avenge Mels or Ethan yet. I had so much regret. But, I took relief in one thing. Sunggyu's eyes were clear now as I looked into them. They were like the ones he had when he looked at me with longing, like the ones he had when he put s before himself and like the ones he had when he knew that he had a task to do.
 
I felt my fingers loosen on his hand and had a moment of dejavu. It looked like this time I really would be the one to let go of him. I felt my back hit the cold floor. I tried to look up but a wet droplet fell on my cheek. Sunggyu was crying again. 
 
Then the doors suddenly exploded. I grimaced at the pain that wracked through my skull with the vibration. I managed a smiled though. Pan ni ran inside, with Dongwoo by her side and they started to shoot at the guards. More reinforcements came in behind them. "Sorry we're late!" Pan ni said. Sunggyu turned to Choi Son Mi. "You !" he growled and ran at her. Because she was sitting so comfortably on her behind, she didn't expect the turn of events and she scrambled to get out her gun. She was about to shoot at Sunggyu when Dongwoo shot the gun right out of her hands. I coughed and tasted blood in my mouth. Woohyun ran to my side and grabbed my hand. "Stupid!" he growled but his voice cracked and tears streamed down his cheeks. "S-sorry." I tried to get out but I coughed again, more blood coming into my mouth. "Don't say anymore! We'll get you the best doctors." He scooped me up. "Pan ni!" 
 
"There medical team is right outside!" she yelled back, taking care of the last guard and then I finally felt my willpower give and my I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. "Minji! Don't you dare sleep." were the last words I heard before I felt the cold darkness take me. 
 

((A/N: Wow. I can't believe I wrote all of that in one sitting haha. But to be honest, I already had the ending planned out in my head a while back. I had just not been able to write it down. Even now I don't think I did a good job. I probably will fix up the ending after a few more reads to see if I can find a better way to say thing. I hope I didn't fall short of your expectations too much. I'm really sorry if I did. I'm also sorry for keeping my subscribers waiting for so long to read the ending to my first official fanfic on AFF. It was definitely a rollercoaster ride for me. I wrote a lot of thses chapters before I had put it up online, the urging of my best friend helped. Although the story is not spectacular, I hoped that in the end you will say that you enjoyed the journey with Minji, Pan ni and Infinite in this world of death, despair, blood, hope and love I created. 

*takes a bow* Although the main story has ended I'm sure you guys want to know what happens after. Did Minji die? How about the guys? Did Choi Son Mi die? Well I have happy news! I'm going to be writing an epilogue. I have already planned this out as well. And no I won't make you wait fifteen billion months for it. I'll start typing it soon (after i get over the feels of finishing my favorite fanfic out of the ones I've written so far). I hope you'll read that. And after that will I truly mark the story complete on AFF.

If I find time and maybe get a little help from some close friends, I plan to go over every chapter and fix my grammar, spelling, diction and well in short, do a mass editing to refine my fic. I hope my loyal subscribers can look forward to that.

And last but not least. I want your comments and critiques. How did you like how I wrapped it up. Loved it? Hated it? Wished that I didn't end it? I want to know and any friendly advice to help be do better in the future is also welcome!~ 

Stay Tuned for the Epilogue <3 Because I have a feeling that it will almost be a story of its own. I will also be creating a poll in a few days asking you guys an important question. So that is something to look out for too!

Sorry I got so long winded! and finally, thank you so much for reading.))