There is no time for rest

Infinitely Dangerous

 

The Next Day~

I woke up with a start, my eyes wide. The first thing that hit me was the soreness and pain in my body. I touched my head and there was one spot that was a bit tender.

Anger should’ve been boiling in me, but I was calm and calculating. Hearing what the guys said the night before I was sure that they had nothing to do with my “test” and that they would try to get to the bottom of it for me.

But, that wasn’t exactly something I wanted. It was kind of cute that the guys would be trying to stand up for me but at the same time them getting emotional in front of their boss would be bad. Shadow, whom I’m actually never seen would punish one of us for letting emotions get in the way.

Then again, I couldn’t exactly tell them not to, they didn’t know I knew who they were.

I tried sitting up and despite the sharp pain in my side I sat up, mostly straight.

“You’re awake.” I looked up and saw Woohyun coming out of his single room. “Ne. I need a drink of water.” I said. “I’ll get it.” he gave me the hand motion to stay and went to the kitchen to pour me a glass of water.

I drank greedily. My body would need time to heal but being on this reconnaissance mission, I didn’t know if I could stop and rest.

“We wanted to move you yesterday but you said your ribs hurt. Do you feel better today? We can take you to the hospital…” he trailed off looking at me worriedly.

“Thank you, I do feel better.” Which was a lie. I felt like a car hit me. “Here at least go rest on a bed instead of our couch.” He took the glass of water and set it on the table and before I knew what he was doing, he scooped me up bridal style.

“Ack, what are you doing?” I said getting flustered for once. No one has ever picked me up before. My hands went around his neck to hold on automatically.

“Taking you to rest properly.” He said no usual playfulness in his voice and he brought me to his room and set me down on the bed. “I’ll take the living room from now on.”

I sighed. “It’s really okay. I’m fine.” I said.

“I’ll get you an ice pack.” I groaned in frustration. “Oppa!” He wasn’t listening to me. He brought one in and handed it to me and I put it on my jaw again.

“Oppa, really I don’t need to move to your bed. I’ll fine with some rest.” I protested.

“You can rest here.” He argued back and I shook my head. “I already feel bad enough that I’m bothering you guys on a regular basis.” I said.

“You got hurt getting our groceries. How do you think we feel?” he said frustration rising.

“Woohyun-ah why are you causing such a racket in the morning.” Sunggyu came in.

He laughed. “If I didn’t know Eunji was hurt, this would seem a bit suspicious.”

I had ended up grabbing the loose bunch of Woohyun’s hoodie and at Sunggyu’s comment my hand dropped and I blushed. “Aniyo. He just moved me without my permission.” I said looking up.

“Well I think he’s right though. You need a proper bed to rest in. If you think Woohyun’s bed smells bad you can pick any of our beds.” He laughed and Woohyun gaped at him. “Hyung!”

“Just kidding.” He chuckled.

“Fine, you win.” I grumbled crossing my arms. “Well get well soon, ne?” Woohyun said and suddenly kissed the top of my head. Sunggyu stopped too blinking. He chewed on his bottom lip but sighed and straightened. “Woohyun-ah go make breakfast.” He said and Woohyun winked at me before leaving.

“I’m too much of a bother. Maybe I should leave…” I sighed. “Awh don’t say that.” Hoya smiled coming in behind Sunggyu. “We like having you around.” Sungjong peeked in too. I shook my head and laughed. “I’ll rest. I’ll rest. You guys really know how to wear a girl down.” I yawned. I had temporarily forgotten my body aches but now that I settled down again my body was sore as hell.

I hugged the pillow and couldn’t help but notice the nice smell. His bed didn’t smell bad at all. “Want me to you to breakfast?” Hoya held out a hand chuckling. I rolled my eyes. “Nope.” I said and slowly got up.

I winced at the jostling of my bruises and aches. Hoya still held out his hand anyway and I guessed it didn’t hurt taking it. His hand was warm. Woohyun made scrambled eggs and bacon. “You’re a pretty good cook.” I complimented after swallowing my mouthful of eggs. He laughed. “I’m practicing so I can make delicious meals for my girlfriend.”

“Woohyun-ah you’re too greasy, I don’t think your future girlfriend would like that.” Dongwoo chuckled. Suddenly he did bunny ears with his fingers and made cute noises and I half laughed and half coughed. “See Eunji likes it.” he winked at me.

“You’re eye is going to twitch if you keep doing that.” I said raising an eyebrow. He pouted.

“You tell him!” Sungyeol held out his hand for a high five and I high fived him.

I went out with them towards the afternoon after I took a nap to buy groceries and other things. The guys wanted to get me a new blanket and bed sheets. It was almost nice just care freely laughing at their silliness. They really were like brothers.

When we were walking home a crowd of loud middle school kids passed by us and one brushed me and I felt something slip into my pocket. I sighed internally. When we got back to the dorm, the guys cut up some fruit and I excused myself to the bathroom. Opening the note, I read it, eyes skimming across the page.

I read it again to make sure I didn’t read it wrong but this wasn’t even an order from Melina. This was straight from Shadow, I recognized the handwriting. “They will have a mission tonight to kill someone and take the work he was currently working on. You need to beat them to it and take it. Do not fail.” I muttered to myself.

I sighed already feeling the ache in my body. But after I destroyed the note, I went into Woohyun’s room where my bag was now and told them I needed to change because I got a soy sauce stain on my shirt.

Quickly rifling through my duffel bag, I took off my shirt and wrapped the bandages around my rib area, securing them. If I were going to have to do a mission now, I would need to do some quick patching up. I down two of our special painkillers and my aches went away. I knew Melina would be meeting me and giving me my equipment soon.

After putting on a black v-neck, I went out and ate some fruit with them. “Eunji, you need to rest. Well leave you alone for tonight because we have a schedule.”

“Oh. I wish you guys good luck.” I smiled. “I promise I will rest.”

They went to change while I cleaned up. Hoya must’ve changed faster than them because he came to help me dry the dishes. “Ani, you don’t have to do this.” I said trying to take the plate from him.

“But I want to.” He said and suddenly leaned in to kiss my forehead. “Stay safe.” He smiled and I flushed. “Don’t be like Woohyun oppa.” I said blowing him off. “I don’t react to shameless flirting.” I laughed nervously and put the plate away just as the others came out. Hoya looked hurt but it was better I crushed any feelings now.

“Gaja, kids.” Sunggyu said and they all gave me a light hug before leaving. Making sure they left, I called Melina and in five minutes I was in the car. I changed into my all black ensemble. A black long sleeve shirt and black jeans with my black boots. I tied my hair into a tight ponytail as I read over the mission.

-------------------------------

Ah this chapter was a bit long. Bear with me. It's really hard to pick where to cut off. :[

 

I hope you are enjoying it so far though~