Melina...please

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I woke up to someone tapping my shoulder. My eyes burst open and I saw Melina. My eyes widened and to get up, I gently put a pillow behind Woohyun’s head and left the dorm with her.

“Are you trying to get them to attack you?!” I yelled at her once we got outside.

“I needed to see if you were okay. Minji, you can’t let them control you like this.” She said.

“I thought we were done talking about this on the phone.” I crossed my arms.

“No we aren’t. I knew that if I didn’t argue face to face, you wouldn’t understand how serious this was.” She crossed her arms as well.

“I don’t give a . You picked me up from the streets. I wouldn’t be alive if I didn’t have you and I’d rather they have a gun to my head than one to yours.”

“You are the most stubborn and foolish girl I’ve ever met. They probably would try to get to me regardless. That’s what we all do. We lie, unflinchingly.” She said.

“I don’t know if they are lying. No one I have killed so far has put a stain on my conscience, but if you get hurt because of me, the guilt would swallow me up.” I pointed at her.

“You’re leaving with me tonight.” Mels said. “No. I’m still doing my mission. I still have to watch the Infinite guys. I’m still loyal to Shadow and will always be.” I said.

“You promised me that if I wanted you to stop a mission you would. I’m cashing in on that.” Melina said.

“People die Melina. There are a few times you and I could’ve died on our mission. That is what we do. That is who we are. I’m not going to back down from it, not after I invested so much time and blood into it.” I said.

“Do not come find me in person again. Just get to me through Pan ni.” I added.

“I don’t need you to protect me.” Melina said angrily.

“And I don’t need you to tell me what I can and cannot do.” I bit back, I felt tears sting my eyes. I hated fighting with her.

“I’m going to take you back unconscious if I have to.” Melina said and she threw a punch at my head but suddenly someone caught her fist. It was Ethan. “Enough Mels. Minji is dead set on doing this. Nothing you say will change it. Taking her by force will make her hate you.” He said.

Melina twisted his arm. “Don’t.” one word and he let go.

“I don’t care if she hates me. I want her alive.” She said to him.

“And I’ll come back alive. That I promise.” And I turned and ran. “Ethan I’m counting on you!” I called and I heard struggles behind me. I turned my head slightly to see him holding Melina tightly in a lock.

I ran back up to the dorm and came face to face with Sungyeol. He was rubbing his eyes. “What were you doing outside?” he asked softly. “My head was hurting from the soju and vodka so I went to get some fresh air.” I answered and he nodded buying my story.

He yawned. “Let’s go back to sleep.” He smiled sleepily and I nodded but this time I went to the room and laid down. “I’m sorry.” I whispered hoping Mel would know.

The next day~

I woke up when I felt someone’s breath in my face. My eyes slowly opened, and I realized I was really, really close to Woohyun. His eyes were closed and his breathing was even. His hands weren’t around me or anything, we were just curled up really close facing each other.

I swallowed nervously. I was used to being close to men, it was part of the acting part of my job but being this close to Woohyun was having some effect on me. I moved slightly trying to get up but suddenly his eyes opened and we both froze.

“What are you doing here?” I asked softly. His eyes widened and he chewed on his bottom lip. “Please believe me. I think I went to the bathroom and came back to my room. I forgot you were in here.” He said softly.

“Okay. I believe you.” I said. “We should get up now.” I said softly and started to get up but he cupped my cheek and I froze. “I’m not flirting with you.” He said. “Oppa…” I said. I knew I needed to get out of here as fast as possible. My mind was yelling at me to move but my body wasn’t listening. He leaned in to kiss me and I put a hand against his chest. I turned my head and he kissed my cheek. I immediately got up and ran out of the room to bump right into Pan ni. 

--------------

Lightened the heaviness with some Woohyun~ :]

 

Comments? :3 whatchu guys think of the character development?