Aftermath

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I broke away first. “Sungyeol…” I said softly. “Don’t say anything.” He said. “Sungyeol! Minji!” someone called us and we looked up. The Hoya was leaning out the window and shouting out names The van pulled up to us and the doors opened. “Becareful with him.” I said as Myungsoo and Dongwoo helped get him into the van and I got in. Hoya closed the door and Sunggyu hit the gas as we raced back to the compound.

“Where’s Woohyun?” I asked. “In the back seat.” I said and I got on the seat. His head was in Sungjong’s lap, sweat matted his face and his eyes were closed. “What happened?!” I asked voice rising.

“He got shot in arm and side.”  Sungjong said. “Let me see.” I said scooting into the back seat. I touched Woohyun’s face. “Minji.” He said almost inaudibly and I think Sungjong heard it because he looked at me wide eyed.

“I’m here.” I said softly and his hand tightened around my hand. I sighed. He was going to mad when he woke up. “Hurry up hyung!” Sungjong said when he saw the make bandage on Woohyun’s arm was soaked through.

“I’m trying!” he said and when he finally stopped. We all moved into action. Sunggyu helped me get Woohyun and Hoya and Dongwoo carried Sungyeol. We went straight to the doctor. After we put the two on gurney’s they were rolled off into surgery.

“You’re bleeding too.” I said to Sunggyu. He flipped over his arm and I saw the deep cut down his forearm. “Yeah, I guess so.” He said. “I’ll help.” I grabbed him arm and he immediately pulled away. “I don’t think that is a good idea.” He said, his eyes meeting mine. “Seriously?” I asked incredulously.  I grabbed the first aid kit from the nurse and pushed Sunggyu to sit down. I used the scissors to cut the rest of the sleeve off and started disinfecting and cleaning his gash.

“Is everyone else okay?” I asked. “Just scratches and bruises. It’s not that bad.” Dongwoo said. “Minji?” he added. “Yeah?” “Where’s Pan ni?” he asked. I almost smushed the alcohol soaked cotton ball on Sunggyu’s cut.

“She left.” I answered. “Oh…okay.” He said and I finished bandaging up Sunggyu. I turned around with the box, “Who else?” I asked. “Hoya needs his ribs wrapped but he’s being a big baby.” L said coming in with a small tray of water and bars.

“Am not.” Hoya grumbled. “Well shirt off.” I said grabbing the bandages. Hoya looked at me, blinking.

I raised an eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you’re embarrassed.” I said. “No, he’s not. He just doesn’t want you to touch him.” Sunggyu said from behind me. He took the bandages from me. “Hoya.” He said and Hoya still watching me, took off his shirt.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re hurt too?” Myungsoo asked me. “Ah, it’s nothing. I’m going to just change. My dress was in ruins and I was covered in blood.

“I’ll be back to check on them later.” I said. “Maybe you shouldn’t.” Dongwoo said and I froze. “You’re just hurting them if you show them you care.” He said and my fists clenched. “Yeah, like the same way you flaunted Belle in front of Pan ni.” I said dryly and when he had nothing to say, I left. I showered, letting the hot water wash away the blood and scrubbed furiously at my skin. After, I changed into sweatpants and a tank top before going back to the medical wing. “Uh where is Woohyun and Sungyeol?” I asked a nurse. She glared at me. “Two doors down. And then four doors down. Please don’t disturb their rest. They just came out of surgery.” She said and she walked away.

I went into the first room and Woohyun was lying in the bed, sound asleep. His heart monitor was beeping steadily. I sat down in the chair and watch his peaceful face. “We didn’t get the woman.” I heard Sunggyu’s voice as he came inside.

“I know. We need to get her. She’s caused us a lot of trouble.” I said.

“Minji, can I hug you?” he suddenly said. I blinked but I found myself getting to my feet slowly. And he pulled my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. He gave a sigh of relief and I felt the beating of his heart. 

------------------------

:[ I hate it when I have to make them get hurt :[