An old friend

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I walked over to them. “Who is that?” I asked.

“Look who I found at the supermarket.” Pan ni save a smile like she had some sort of secret.  This is when the guy behind her turned around and I froze. Then, I smiled and I ran to hug him. He lifted me up in a tight hug.

“Ahh bogeo shipeoseo.” He said to me, chuckling.

He let me down and I punched him playfully in the arm. “When did you get back from Japan?” I asked.

“Well I finished the jobs there a while ago but I am promoting as SHinee after all.” He smiled.

“Oh yeah, Taemin, you’re real shiny.” I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. “I’ll be back for a while. Shadow called me to come back because he said you two were unable to pull away at the moment. What’s up?” he asked looking worriedly at me.

“So you came to find us on purpose?” I asked. He nodded. “It’s nothing.” I said and his eyes narrowed. “Doesn’t seem like nothing. Pan ni told me about the bracelet and the threats.” He said and I threw a look at Pan ni. “Really?” I asked.

“Well he’s one of us, you know.” She said shrugging it off.

“Tae, it’s nothing. Just go back. We can’t be seen with you.” I said.

“I want to help you guys, though.” He protested. “I can take care of myself.” I said sternly.

I understood where he was coming from. We had been good friends for a really long time. And he was even my boyfriend for a while when we were still reckless. But we broke up when we realized it wouldn’t work, not when he was protective of me over every mission. We still manage to salvage our friendship and that was what he was to me. A good friend.

“Well if you are stuck with Infinite, then Key hyung is close to Woohyun so I can still show up even if you don’t want me to.” He said.

I gaped at him. “You wouldn’t.” I said.

“You know I’m not afraid of you when you are mad.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Pan ni let’s go.” I said and I turned and walked back towards the dorm. Taemin grabbed my hand. “Minji.” He called my name.

“No. I don’t want your help. If you still want to be my friend still, you will just do what you need to, nothing more.” I said.

Pan ni looked at me. “Minji. You don’t need to get so angry.” She said.

I threw her a look. “The guys are going to be wondering where we are going to be so let’s go.”

And we left Taemin back at the park. “Didn’t you two go out?” Pan ni asked when we were on the elevator.

“Yes. But that was a long time ago.” I said. “We are better as friends and work companions.”

She sighed. “He’s just worried about you like everyone else is. We need to find a way to get you out of this soon.” She said.

“I know.” I said.

I asked Pan ni to contact Mels about the blueprints to the Condo complex of the gambling boss.

I was exhausted and the mission didn’t happen yet.

“Don’t worry. I got your back.” Pan ni whispered to me before we went back inside.

“What did you guys get?” Dongwoo said peeking his head out the room. “Some snacks.” Pan ni smiled. “Hungry?” she asked and he nodded. She went over to him to give him some, while I went and sat down in the living room.

“Tea?” Sunggyu asked suddenly in front of me handing me a cup of tea. “Ah g-gomawo.” I said giving him a smile and took a sip. It was soothing and I relaxed a little. “You seemed bothered lately.” He said.

“Well I don’t know how long we’re still going to bother you guys. That's all.” I lied.

“Don’t worry about.” He said softly. “You’re more than welcome to stay. As long as you’re safe…I’m..I mean we are happy.” He smiled gently.

I let out a quiet laugh. “You’re a good leader you know. You’re very nice and hospitable.” I said.

Now it was his turn to laugh. “Don’t tell the guys about me being nice. I need them to be scared of me so they’ll listen during practice.” He said.

“You can’t just smack them on the hand?” I said putting my tea to the side and picked up his hand and hit his palm softly. “Nah, I like using my fists a little better.” And his hand curled around mine. It was warm and pleasant in the most comforting way…

But, startled I pulled my hand away. “Ah, then they should be really afraid.” I said laughing nervously. I picked up my tea and drank it down despite the very warm trail it left down my throat.

I bolted to my feet and went to the kitchen to wash the cup.

---------------

Didn't expect Taemin and Sunggyu feels in one chapter did you? haha