Sungyeol

Infinitely Dangerous

 

Pan ni smiled, but then saw my face and sighed moving back to sit on my bed after I let go.

“I traded something to get you out and you come waltzing back in.” I said irritated. “Dongwoo apparently cleared it with your m- I mean Celestia and she let me into compound, blindfolded of course.” She said.

“And you don’t think that is weird?” I asked crossing my arms. “Chill Minji. I think it’s going to be okay.” And I shook my head. “You don’t know that.” I said. “I don’t but I came because I’m worried about Mels.” And I sighed feeling a headache coming. “I know. Mels is strong, she can get over this.”

“You don’t understand, she’s in intensive care.” She said in a somber voice and my head whipped up to stare at her.

“What the happened?! Why isn’t Ethan watching her?!” I said angry.

“She intentionally slipped away from him to go on a mission Shadow explicitly said not to go alone on and she got two bullets in the abdomen, another one in her leg and she was beaten up…” Pan ni started explaining and her voice trailed off. I saw her eyes get moist and they mirrored my own.

“Is she…is she going to recover?” I asked softly. “Yes. But she’s out of commission for a long time.” I closed my eyes. “Alright. I want you to go back with a message from me.” And she shook her head. “Mels wanted me to come back to help you.”

“I don’t need it, goddammit.” I said throwing my hands up.

Then someone knocked on the door. Seeing it wasn’t a angry knocking it wasn't one of the guys. I put my mask back on and went to open it.

It was Sungyeol. I blinked. He gave me a small sheepish smile. “Our fight is in half an hour.” And his eyes trailed to Pan ni. “Pan ni…” he said softly. “Sungyeol oppa…” she said getting back into her acting mode. “I’m not going to freak out like Woohyun hyung, but if you know where Minji is, I wish you would tell us.” And he gave me a polite nod of his head and left.

“Dammit, it is harder when they are so solemn.” Pan ni said cracking her knuckles. “What are you going to do?” I asked. “Watch your fight.” She replied confidently. I closed my eyes praying Mels would be okay and steeled myself when I opened them. “Alright.” And we both headed to the battle room. “It isn’t here today.” A guard met us when we got there. “Follow me.”

We followed him to a much larger room. There was a section with the train mats but what caught my attention was the set up gun range. Of course, Sungyeol was the gun expert.

Sungyeol was polishing one of his guns and talking to Woohyun. When we got there, all the guys were there and they looked up. Dongwoo looked at Pan ni with a pained look but she pretended not to see.

There was a wall of guns. “Pick three.” Sungyeol instructed and I grabbed three of my favorite types of guns.

“We obviously are not shooting each other, right?” I asked and Sungyeol laughed softly. “No.” The first test just us hitting some moving targets.” He said and he put on his goggles and earmuffs and stood in the center. Sungjong who was on the side hit a button and suddenly there was a flurry of movement. Disks were being shot out from the different openings at the end and then Sungyeol started firing.

Despite the speed, his aim was spot on. When it ended a number was displayed on the plasma. “Fifty disks in 60 seconds.” The mechanical voice announced and seeing that he needed to reload, that was a superb score.

I checked the gun in my hand and took the equipment from Sungyeol and stood where he had. Sungjong also did me the honors of pressing the button and then everything faded out. There was only me and the constant small recoil of my gun. I was known as the fastest to reload among Taemin, Pan ni and I so I reloaded when I was out in a blink of an eye. When the timer sounded I took off my earmuffs. “Fifty three disks in 60 seconds.” The voice said and I could see that Sungyeol was hurt. I had won by a small margin.

“The second is we stand apart and shoot at the targets at the side of both our heads.” Sungyeol said and I blinked. “You want me to shoot at you?” I asked and he shook his head. “The targets on either side of me.” He said. I didn’t know whether he had too much confidence in himself or me.

Everything went quiet as we started. Instead of imagining endangering Sungyeol I pictured me up against just the targets. The most important thing was hitting the bulls eye because that would determine the score. When we were done, Sunggyu came to be the impartial judge. “It's the same.” He said laying the targets next to each other so we could see.

Sungyeol looked at me the same time I did and our eyes met. He gave me a smile. “It’s pretty nice to meet someone who can shoot just as well.” And I nodded because he obviously wouldn’t have seen my smile.

“The last is a three minute hand to hand. We are to hold one gun and the first to disable the other is the winner.”

“Alright.” I said and we went on the mats. The guns had no bullets in them but that didn’t mean you couldn’t put a hole in someone’s head with just the gun itself.

Sungyeol didn’t give me anytime to think and came at me. The of his gun coming down. I elbowed him just when we made contact and the of his gun just caught my forearm. Pain exploded in my arm but I punched him in the jaw.

He jerked back and I took this chance to grab his wrist but he grabbed mine. One of us was bound to drop the gun if we got a secure enough hold so I threw my weight forward and we both fell.

He rolled on top of me and his knee came up to hit me in the stomach and I growled against he pain and tried knocking his gun out of his hand but only got his wrist. After some maneuvering I rolled on top and threw a punch with my free hand into his cheek. He winced in pain and he grabbed my wrist and twisted it painfully. I let out a gasp on pain and my gun dropped from my fingers.

He smiled. “I win.” And then we noticed the position we were in. Our legs were tangled and I was pressed mostly against him. I saw a light blush appear on his cheeks and I felt similar warmth in my own cheeks. I quickly rolled off him and got to my feet. I straightened. “Good match.” I said. “But it is a draw. I won the first, we drew equal the second and you won the third.” And before the guys could say anything I left. Pan ni evaded Dongwoo and came with me. “Is your wrist okay?” she asked. “yeah.” I said rubbing it. I could see the bruise of his grip forming already.

-----------------------

Hi guys :] So I guess I should really ask. Who are you shipping right now?