Meeting the Guys

Infinitely Dangerous

 

Three hours later~

My hand was itching to rub the bruise on my lower cheek.

Melina had hit hard to make it more believable. I checked my watch to make sure that everything was on schedule. The guys, were in a band called Infinite. And a Mobius strip was their logo. I had looked at their information to see which one was an easier target to get close to first, but none of them seemed exceptionally hard.

I was in the underground parking lot and I found their company car. They should be leaving the program…now. I heard the main door to the parking lot open and I relaxed my tense muscles and fell to floor, letting my head slip to the side and stayed perfectly still except for my shallow, even breathing.

“Hyung. What’s that?” I heard a male voice ask and another replied. “Wait…is that a girl?” then the speeding up of footsteps and suddenly I felt someone kneeling down next to me, tapping my cheek gently. “Miss. Miss. Are you okay?” he asked. His voice was deep, but light.

“Should we take her to the hospital?” and that was my cue to wake up. I groaned softly like I was in pain and my eyes fluttered open and I turned my head to take a better look at the young man.

“She’s awake. Hold on.” He said gathering me in his arms. I felt goose bumps break out on my skin.

“I..please…someone’s chasing me.” I said through half closed eyes and pretended to faint against his chest.

“Well we can’t leave her here. We can take her back to the dorm and then send her to the hospital.” Another male voice said. I was slightly frustrated that I didn’t have vocal samples of the seven guys. It would be nice to know who was speaking but if my plan was working well, I would learn their names and voices soon enough.

I felt the guy secure me in his arms and then the moving of the car.

“Hoya-ah, you can set her down on my bed.”

I felt the rumbling of a chuckle from the one who was holding me. “Your windowless room? Ne, Hyung.” And soon, I was set down on a soft bed.

“Here, I poured her a glass of warm water.” I heard someone walk in.

“Thanks Sungjong.”

“Should I try waking her up again?” he asked. “Ne. We should find out what’s wrong. And how did she get hurt. You see the bruises on her cheek, arms and legs.?”

“Miss?” he tapped my cheek again and I sighed internally getting ready to act.

I eyes burst open and my hands flew out to push him away. I screamed. “Get away from me! Don’t hurt me!” I said in the most scared and unsteady voice I could manage.

The guy blinked and he got back up. “It’s okay. You’re safe now.” He said softly like he was talking to a wounded animal.

The rest of them came into the room and I could see their faces clearly now. I mentally matched them with the names I learned.

“Where am I?” I asked. “Our dorm. We found you unconscious near our van.” The oldest one said. Then one by one they introduced themselves confirming that I had their faces and name right.

“Here drink some water.” Hoya handed me the cup and I cautiously took it and then drank the whole thing and then putting it on the bedside table. “What’s your name?” Woohyun asked. “Choi Eunji.” I answered.

“Well what happened, Eunji-sshi?” Sunggyu asked. ”I’m from Busan, I was being chased by debt collectors. My father has a lot of debts and he made me his voucher, but I don’t have money. So I ran away from home. But they found me!” I said acting frantic.

“You’re safe now. You can stay here for now, if you want.” Sunggyu said. He really was the leader. He basically called all the shots.

“Your shirt ripped.” Hoya said pointing to my sleeve. I hadn’t even noticed that myself. “Do you want to shower and change. We have some extra clothes.” The one called Dongwoo left the room and came back with a black tshirt and sweatpants. “Hyung I took some of your extra clothes if you don’t mind.” He said to Sunggyu.

“That’s fine.” He said. He led me to the bathroom and showed me how everything worked and where the shampoo was and left. I opened the water and sat down on the toilet. Well, that was easier than I expected but I didn’t want to let my guard down. They were in the same field as me, I doubted they would be careless for long.

I showered and put on the clothes throwing my other clothes into the trash and came out with my hair dripping wet. “Omo, Mian. I forgot to get you a towel.” Woohyun hopped off the couch and brought me a towel and I noticed that the outfit and the towel smelled different but kind of good in a weird way.

“Come, we’re just eating.” He led me to the couch where the guys were sitting around the table watching television.

Handing me a pair of chopsticks he gestured for me to sit next to him and urged me to eat.

“Jajangmyeon.” He smiled and I nodded taking a few bites.

Honestly I was starving. After sparring, besides for liquor I hadn’t eaten solid food. So I finished the bowl in a few minutes. “How old are you Eunji?” Sungjong asked. “I’m twenty.” I said. “Sorry for being so much trouble.” I hung my head and tried to looked embarrassed.

I needed to find a way to search their rooms and mentally document their personalities and habits.

“Hyung it’s your turn to shower.” Hoya came out toweling his hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt that was slightly loose but that didn’t hide the fact that I was sure he was muscular. I didn’t even see him go into the shower after I came out.

“Ne.” Sunggyu got up and Hoya took his place, breaking up a pair of chopsticks and digging in. He must of caught me looking before I looked away. “Are you hungry Eunji-sshi?” he asked. “Aniyo.” I said shaking my head. He shrugged and continued eating.

I helped wash the dishes despite their protests. I had been with them so much, I needed some alone time for myself even though it was only being in the kitchen. From what I’ve seen, all seven of them have a close relationship, akin to brothers and they were willing to help people in need. I wouldn’t say nice to describe them just because that word wasn’t in our job description. Assassins could always be merciful, and that would be pushing it.

I dried the rest of the dishes and shelved them. “You really didn’t need to do them.” I heard Sungyeol say. I already was aware that he walked into the kitchen area, I just pretended I had no clue he was there.

“I wanted to. You guys saved me.” I smiled causing him to do the same. “We can go buy the guys some dessert.” I suggested and he nodded. “Oh that's a good idea. Gyu-hyung!” he turned around to go find his oldest hyung to ask him for money.

He came back after a minute. “Gaja?” he said and I nodded going with him to the nearby convenience store. When we were standing by the cooler to pick out ice cream I felt someone slip something into my pocket and then the person left. I smiled secretly. Melina was always just that good.

“What’s your favorite flavor?” he asked. “Cookies and Cream.” I said picking a cone. “I think this is enough.” He said holding up a bunch of other cones and popsicles. He held the bag as I helped unwrap his popsicle. He expected me to hand it to him but I fed it to him instead. He made a complaining sound. “It’s cold.” He said using his free hand to take it out of his mouth. I laughed and his features softened.

I my cone. It’s been a while since I had ice cream. It obviously wasn’t a constant occurrence in my childhood. “Watch out!” Sungyeol said and he grabbed my arm to move me out of the way of a guy who was on a bike.

His grip was firm and his reaction time was fast. This was the first time any of the guys showed hints of being more than just their innocent boy band. “Ah gomawo.” I said and he smiled. “Well since we saved you, we have to keep you safe too.” He chuckled. Our conversation was just light and fun after that. He asked about me and I fed him my cover story smoothly. He told me about himself as well and I wondered if any of it was true.

After we got back to the dorm, the guys swarmed in on the ice cream, I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

Sitting on the closed toilet seat and opened the note Melina left me. “Need you for a mission. Make something up but you are still going to return to them.” Was what was in the short note. I ripped the note to pieces and flushed it. Sighing, in my head I went through things I could use as excuses to leave but still leave a chance for me to come back.