Preoccupied

Infinitely Dangerous

I felt his hand my hair in a slow rhythmic pace. He started to sing softly.

And, Can you smile? niga weonhajana

Niga barajanha
Nae mam maneuroneun
Neol jabeul suga obtneungabwa
And, Can you smile?
 nega galajanha
Nan gwenchanhdajeonha
Majimak neoege
Nan igeot bakken mot junabwa

imi orae jeon naega badatdeon
Ni mameumeul gieokhae nan
naegen neomchideon niga gomabdeon
Geu shijeoli saenggakna
gajang saranghal ddae gajang haengbokhal ddae
Ibyeoleul majuhaesseo
Naegen cham neomchyeoseo
mianhaeseo jabadul sun eobtneungeol

 

And I drifted off to his sweet voice.

I woke up to angry shouting. My eyes burst open and I looked around the room. Woohyun was gone and I was alone in Melina’s room. I tried to make out what the shouting was about but my head throbbed so I cradled it and walked outside.

“Stop!” I immediately shouted when Taemin went at Woohyun.

Woohyun already had a blossoming bruise on his jaw .

“Taemin!.” I grabbed his wrist. “Stop!”

He glared at me and then when he realized it was me, his expression softened and he relaxed his muscles.

I looked at Woohyun and he saddened and looked away from me.

“Why did you hit him?” I asked in a calm voice. “He’s the reason why Mels, Pan ni and you had to go into that trap. And now you’re one less.” He growled at Woohyun.

I saw Woohyun wince at the corner of my eye and I sighed letting go of Taemin but standing between the two of them.

“We all make our choices Taemin. Shadow wanted them to go after the intruder anyway. I don’t see it being any different. We would have all went.” I said and his jaw clenched. “I should have been there.” He said. “And do what? We were trapped. Our life expectation isn’t high. We all have wills already written.”

He sighed. “Are you okay?” he asked. “Yes, I’m fine. You need to apologize to Woohyun.” I said and Taemin scoffed. “I’m not apologizing to him.”

“Taemin.” I said his name voice careful. “I’m not going to say it. Pan ni is coming a few minutes.” He said. “I’ll be back with her.” And he glared at Woohyun before leaving. I turned to him. “Why didn’t you defend yourself?” I asked feeling tired again even though I slept.

“He’s right.” Woohyun said quietly and I took a deep breath and I went forward and hugged him.

I felt his arms tighten around me and hug me back. “I’m going to tell you what I told Taeminnie. If it is our time to go, then nothing can stop it.” and he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

“What’s that smell?” I asked softly. “Oh, I made you food.” He pulled away, straightening and walking over to the kitchen island. “I went to get some groceries and made you some kimchi fried rice.”

“Thank you.” I sat down in the chair and picked up the spoon. But then I set it down and went to the fridge. I broke an icepack and tossed it at him. “Don’t want that pretty face to swell up.” I said with a hint of a smile and he smiled back.

But he didn’t make a greasy comment and sat down across from me.

“You eat too.” I said sliding another spoon over. “Ne, Ne.” he said and took a big bite. “I’m such a good cook.” He chuckled. The corner of my lip twitched with a smile. “Oh there’s the overly confident guy I know.” And he reached over and patted my head.

“You need to eat.” He said. I nodded and took a few small bites. “Don’t make me go all ‘I want to shove this plate in your face’ mode.” He said and I hit his elbow. “Don’t you dare.” I said relaxing a bit.

This was good. If I kept myself busy, I had less time to think to myself.

----------------------------------

Sorryyyyy for the wait. It took longer then I thought because things kept popping up in real life. I hope you didn't think I'd be leavinggg this hanging!

Well tell me what you think? :]