I knew you were trouble

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“What was that about?” she asked as we got clear of the dorm. “Nothing.”I replied and she raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything further. Instead of Taemin I called Mels and she and Ethan came to get us.

“I’m sure you know MInji, Pan ni already told you.” Ethan said and I nodded. “We’ll have to get this done. Who knows when they’ll be this out in the open again.” I said and Pan ni chewed on the inside of her cheek.

“Something wrong Pan ni?” Ethan asked as Mels drove quietly. “No. Not really. We need to go in heavily armed and with the element of surprise if we ever hope to get them.” She commented and I nodded. I twirled one of the silver chopsticks with my fingers and swirled my hair into a bun and neatly slid it into my hair.

“You two need to be careful.” Mels finally said. “I looked up as much info I could on those two and they are deadly when they can work together.”

“So separate them. Right.” I said. Ethan gave us each an envelope. “I don’t care which one of you takes on one of them, but we still want you both to know as much about them as possible.”

“So how is the gather intel and make one of them your boyfriend going?” Ethan asked. Pan ni and I both threw each other looks and Mel seemed to of caught us in the rearview mirror.

“Well? Spill.” She ordered and I sighed. “I think I pretty much have Dongwoo under wrap.” Pan ni said her voice flat like she wanted to detach herself from thinking too much about this.

“Minji?” Mels asked and I sighed again. “I don’t know.” I finally replied after a minute. “You don’t know? You have three days left.” She said. “I know! But there is more than one who has shown interest.”

“Then it should be easy to pick one and get it done with.” She said and I nodded. “I will.” I said and we were quiet the rest of the ride back to the condo.

I poured Pan ni and I both a shot of bicardi and I knocked it back first. “Oh yeah you seem really in control.” She said rolling her eyes and taking her shot. “I don’t like your sarcasm.” I said pouring myself something stronger.

“No. you probably don’t. But hiding that that they don’t mean anything to you is stupid.” And I jerked my gaze up at her. “I remember I was the one who said those words to you weeks ago. Don’t use my own words against me Pan ni. You have no right.”

She made a frustrated huff. “Whatever.” She pushed off from the island grabbing a drink and going to flip through the television.

Melina came in a few minutes afterwards sitting down with me as I sipped at the alcohol. I chewed on a cookie. “We’ll be your backup to pick you up today.” She said as she poured herself a drink but even before she could put it to her lips Ethan snatched it away and drained it. She blinked and elbowed him. “. Get you own liquor.” She said but a hint of a smile played at her lips and I was glad that my godmother was being taken care of.

She must’ve seen me looking because she made a face. “You better not be thinking what I think you are thinking.” She said. “What would I be thinking?” I asked, all smiles. “She means this.” Ethan tilted her chin up and laid a kiss on her. My jaw dropped and even Pan ni’s jaw dropped. Mels blinked and she actually blushed. I have never seen Mels blush. Mels blinked and smacked his arm. “What the hell?!” she said and he dodged more of her hits and laughed. “What? They were going to know sooner or later.”

Then Pan ni and I both started laughing.

“Um we’ll go plan how we’re going to infiltrate the warehouse.” Pan ni and I grabbed the blueprints and went to my room. “Pretty room.” She commented. I nodded and pulled out my working table from it’s compartment in the wall. I laid everything out and we both sat down. “Here and here.” I pointed. “Also here.” Pan ni added and we talked about this until the sun started to set. We went into our weapons room and Pan ni picked out the guns she liked and a few knives. I did the same and we both fixed our hair into buns with the silver sticks.

Melina clipped a tracker to the back of stud earrings and we drove to the warehouse.

“They’re talking with a weapons dealer and will be staying back to personally go through everything. That is when you guys have the chance to strike.” Ethan coached.

We nodded. After stopping a while away, we got out and snuck around to the warehouse and slipped inside. We saw a few guards but they were just patrolling and not on the lookout for anything suspicious.

We went deeper into the warehouse treading quietly until we got to the point where we said we could separate and gave each other the hand signal for go. I scanned the cargo holders and headed for what they said was the control room but suddenly I saw Pan ni round the corner and a shadow jumped out behind her. I opened my mouth to shout her name but she flipped around and drove her palm up into the attacker’s chin and used the of her gun to knock him out cold after she kneed him in the gut. She turned to me and even though I couldn’t see her smile behind her mask, I knew she was.

Then suddenly everything happened fast, way too fast.

The lights that were dim suddenly shone brightly and Pan ni went sprawling forward, another person behind her now. This time it was Claire and she smiled at me.

“Ah, I was hoping you two would show up soon. I was beginning to get bored. Belle, come out and enjoy the fun too.”

Another girl suddenly appeared at the top of the cargo container to her right and jumped down, landing without a sound.

She straightened and smiled. She looked just about our age. “Hello.” She said her voice bell like. “Meet my prodigy.” Claire said pulling out a knife just like the one from the package. Pan ni had already gotten up and backed up towards me and I went forward to meet her. “You think we wouldn’t catch word that you two had orders to kill Daniel and I?”

“Daniel doesn’t need to get his hands dirty on you two. But he wanted me to say he was disappointed in you Minji. He kinda wanted to keep you.” She said looking at her knife. Then like she gave an unheard signal, both of them rushed at us. Her prodigy going for Pan ni and Claire going for me. I barely had time to react but managed to redirect her knife hand and she scoffed and drove a knee into my stomach. I gasped, the air escaping me and she punched me in the cheek. She moved so fast. She came at me again and I kicked her knee as it came down and backhanded her across her face. She wiped the blood from the corner of .

“Oh, I’ll make you bleed so much more, Minji. Count on that.” Claire said.

In the corner of my eye I saw that Pan ni was practically evenly matched with the girl. Pan ni drove her fist into her ribs but at the same time she grabbed Pan ni’s hand and twisted. Pan ni flipped around, twisting our of her grip and kicked up high to hit her in the shoulder and she went down. But the girl hooked her ankle around Pan ni’s and pulled her down.

“Pan ni!” I called and wanted to go forward to help her when the knife Claire had been holding buried itself in the wood near my head. “You’re focus should be on me girl, I want you to know what exactly hit you when the light leaves your eyes.” She said her tone calm.

“That’s not going to happen.” I said and kicked out at her. I hit her side and she grunted but she grabbed my leg tightly and drove me to the ground. Before I could roll out of the way she stomped on my lower calf and I couldn’t help but let out a yell of pain. “Ah, music to my ears.” She said and kicked me in the stomach. I grit my teeth against the pain and kicked out at her legs. I grazed her shin and she gasped going down on one knee.

I took to this chance to try to get up but injured leg gave out on me and I put out a hand to stop my fall but this gave Claire a change to grab the back of neck and slam my head against the floor. I swear I saw all black for a second and then pain erupted in my skull. She was going to do it again but I punched out at her chest and she let go and slid back.

Her eyes were murderous. I dared a glance at Pan ni and she was straddling Belle and punching Belle in the face and chest. But Belle managed to get her leg free and kneed Pan ni in the back and to stop getting more damage done to her, Pan ni rolled out of her way getting up and panting.

“, pay attention to me.” Claire said and pain blossomed on my cheek as she punched me. My head snapped to the side but I manage to back up and get out of her reach for now.

My calf throbbed with pain. She probably fractured something. Claire came at me and I went feinted right and she went but she managed to twist around and kicked my back sending me into side of one of the cargo containers.

I felt a jolt of vibrating pain from hitting the metal but I quickly straightened panting hard. I pulled one of the silver sticks from my hair and threw it at Claire but it only managed to graze her cheek. A small slice of a cut appeared on her cheek and she growled. “I will make you regret that.” She said and she came at me and punched me in the jaw.

I grit my teeth and punched her back in the side, trying to get her kidney.

“Not so fast.” She said and kneed me in the side and naturally I went into a curl to protect my side and she took this chance to throw me off balance and kicked my back again making me sprawl forward. My back throbbed but I rolled out of the way before she could drive her heeled boot into my stomach. I got back up and we circled each other.

“Hmm, I’m impressed. I should I have you bleeding out by now. But I want to take my time with you.” She smiled without humor.

“Minji duck!” I heard Pan ni yell and I did just before a knife flew over my head and embedded itself in Claire’s shoulder. She gave out a cry of pain but she yanked the knife out. “I will kill you with your friends knife.” She said and she dove at me.

Pan ni because she tried to help me got a kick to the ribs by Belle. She rolled out of the way to grab her gun but Belle kicked her hands. This was not before a shot rang out though and nailed Belle in the shoulder. She grabbed her shoulder and took a few steps back. “You .” I heard her say to Pan ni and I heard my friend laugh. “That my middle name, don’t wear it out.” Pan ni spun around and sweeped at Belle’s feet.

I raised my hands to defend myself as Claire brought the knife down.

I stepped back so that her knife only ran shallowly along my arm but it started bleeding right away. I whirled around and kicked the knife out of her hands, following up with a kick to her stomach driving her back.

I let out a huff clearing my mind. I needed to be clear headed right now and not diving into the fight where she could take advantage of my rashness.

We circled each other, going at each other one time or another. I managed to avoid most of her blow and dealt a few of my own. Her cheek was bruised and so was her jaw. She was favoring her right leg because I kicked her shin but I was also favoring mine because she had stomped on it.

I heard cursing coming from where Pan ni was and in the second I turned my head slightly, Claire lunged at me in a tackle taking us both down to the ground. I let her hit my mid section and swung back my arm throwing my elbow into her head. She rolled off me and grabbed her head, shakily getting to her feet.

I didn’t want to give her a chance to recover and went at her but then she pulled out another knife and tried to stab me. I turned just out of reach the knife snagging my sweater but no skin.

“Where the are you keeping all those knives?” I growled and she laughed. “Doesn’t matter as long as you die.” She said and she came at me again. I feinted left and she went but her knife hand came down on me and it sliced through my jeans and cut my skin. I couldn’t tell how hurt I was because of the adrenaline but I knew that this couldn’t go on forever. I pulled out one of my own knives and we circled each other again.

You’re stronger than her. I chanted that to myself like a mantra and my grip tightened on the hilt of my knife. I knew the only way I would be able to stab her was to let her get close to me. I let out a breath getting ready for this.

I let her come at me, and I stood without moving even though every muscle in my body wanted me to move. I felt the icy metal as it slid into me. Pain erupted from it and I almost out but not before, I grabbed her wrist so she couldn’t move and I changed my grip on my knife and pludged it into her black icy heart. Her eyes widened like she wasn’t expecting it. “Of course, you weren’t . No assassin in her right mind would stand still to be stabbed.” I said to her as the light faded behind her eyes. open in a gasp of surprise, and she let go of the knife she had stabbed me with and fell to the floor. “Claire!” I heard Belle shout and suddenly there was an eruption of smoke and a flash from where Pan ni was. Belle threw a flash bang.

When the light and smoke cleared Pan ni was getting up. Her shirt was ripped and she was cut and bleeding in a few places but she looked okay. The adrenaline wearing off, I felt the painful pulsing of pain from the knife wound. She had practically drove the whole length of metal into me and I swayed on my feet. I put my hand on the hilt thinking about pulling it out myself.

I stumbled and leaned against the nearby container as my legs gave out and I slid to the floor. I saw Pan ni covering her own wound but she seemed like she was okay. I saw her coming for me but my head swayed back and hit the container gently as everything faded into darkness.

--------------------------

:[ action! >:3