Sharp eyes

Infinitely Dangerous

 

On my way back to the room, I bumped into Sunggyu. He had the saddest look on his face. I bit my bottom lip wanting to say something to comfort him but I just walked past him.

“Minji.” He called my name and automatically I turned around. Then I realized my mistake. Sunggyu had never looked so conflicted in his entire life. “Come with me.” He grabbed my wrist and I dropped my things. I was so shocked I couldn’t even react until he pulled me into a room.

It was similar in design to mine but it was much warmer. I could see Sunggyu’s personal touches everywhere.

He dropped my hand like a hot potato and back away after he pulled me into the room. “Take off your facemask.” He said and my jaw clenched but I knew the cat was out of the bag with Sunggyu.

I took off my facemask. I saw relief on his face like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Then he let out a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. “You lied.” He said and I looked away. “I did.” I answered. “Why?” he asked his voice calm and cool now. His leader voice.

“I was ordered to do it.” I said and his shoulders slumped. “So all this time, everything was a lie…” he said trying to keep his composure. “I…Sunggyu….” He winced visibly when I said his name. “Well?” he pushed forward. He backed me against the wall. “Sunggyu, it..” I never had trouble speaking my mind but I couldn’t form the words in front of Sunggyu.

He slammed his palm against the wall next to my head. “You manipulated our feelings, we trusted you, we protected you, we got in trouble because of you. And to you it was just a mission.” He scoffed.

I sighed. “You know as well as I do that I didn’t have a choice.” I said and his jaw clenched. “Tell me, are you really cold hearted or did you care.” That was the million dollar question wasn’t it?

“I’m…” and Sunggyu cut me off by wrapping me into a hug. My arms were hanging loosely on my sides but I felt them slowly come up and I hugged him back gently. I didn’t know how long we stayed like that but I got goosebumps from Sunggyu’s warm breath on my neck.

Then finally we stepped apart. "I need some time to get my thoughts straight." were the words that left his mouth. I watched him. "Are you going to tell the others?" I asked and his eyes bore into mine. "I don't want to be the bearer of bad news." he said. "You need to tell them."

"I don't need to do anything. I don't want to and once I finish helping Celestia, I'm not going to see you guys anymore."

"I thought assassins traveled in the darkness, not hide in it like a coward." and I gaped at him. But I steeled myself. "I know everything you say to me is going to be from anger. Stop thinking with your feelings. Think with that brain of yours. We aren't supposed to let anything but our brain be in control." I said and I opened the door.

"Having or not having feelings for doesn't matter. Not at all." and I left and he didnt stop me

--------------------------------------

I wonder how Sunggyu's heart is doing...:[