If Only I Knew

Infinitely Dangerous

I sat on the hood of the sleek black Audi, one of the cars we were going to take into our mission. "You're early." Myungsoo said as he came in hefting his personal gun case. "Your usually use the standard guns, don't you?" I asked curiously. He chuckled and patted his case gently, like he was a proud father showing off his child. "Of course. This baby is metaphorically the bigger gun. Gotta use the best for this mission." he said packing it into the trunk. "Black seems to be our color." he tried to lighten the mood. "It's the color that can't be seen." I replied. I tugged a little at the long sleeved black turtle neck I had on. For some reason I felt like my usual killer clothes were even more restricting today.I had tied my hair into a tight bun to keep anyone from grabbing it as leverage.

 
Slowly the guys filed in. They talked amongst each other, giving each other strength and resolve. I stared at the garage gate trying to figure out how we were all going to survive today. 
 
"You ready?" Sunggyu asked me when he finally came into the parking garage. "To kill Choi Son Mi? I was ready the minute I knew she was the one who trapped us in her stupid plan." 
"We'll get her." he said and I smiled without humor. "Yes."
 
I sat in the passenger seat as Sunggyu drove. Sungyeol and Sungjong were in the back seat because Woohyun would have never gotten into a car with Sunggyu as the driver. Not with their relationship at this stalemate because of me.
 
We stayed relatively silent in the car ride. We were almost to the point we would get off and walk when I felt cold metal rest itself against the base of my next. "Sungyeol…" I said recognizing the necklace. "It's good luck. The necklace has always been good luck." he smiled as I caught it in the rearview mirror. "Thank you." I said feeling a small part of the choking pressure release itself from my chest. I didn't want the guys to trust me but I knew they did, and somehow that was more reassuring than any other words that could be said.
 
We parked on a path off the main one and grabbed our gear. It was a twenty minute hike. And we had to be careful with the alarm trips that Choi Son Mi would have been smart enough to put in.
 
The hike took longer than we thought. The obvious areas were all rigged and finding more roundabout ways had cost us a little more time. Luckily there were no accidents and in forty minutes we finally saw the compound. "Alright. Here is where we split. Clear your area and come to the center as soon as possible." We threw off our things and only took the things we needed to fight with.  Then we stood in a silent circle and just looked at each other with a promise in our eyes before we split up. 
 
I kept low to the ground as we neared the entry point. There was two guards. I didn't have a sniping gun, but I steadied my hands and squinted one eye to focus on my shot. If the first shot couldn't kill, we would be discovered. Sunggyu got into a similar position as me and we counted to three softly and shot. The silencers on our guns made our shot nothing but soft thwup. The two guards went down and we moved right away to grab their radios and their guns. "So far it was easy but I had no doubt that the real challenge lay inside.
 
"Let's go." I said to Sunggyu. He looked like he was struggling to removed the magazine clip from the dead guard's belt. "Sorry. It got stuck a little." he said. "No problem." I said and we went inside. The walls were colored the same gunmetal gray that was on the walls of Celestia's current compound. "Load the EMP rounds." I took out the special gun as Sunggyu handed me the rounds. After I loaded the gun I shot at the security cameras. If everything went smoothly the cameras would be useless now. 
 
Walking carefully along the path we decided, everything seemed really quiet. "Sunggyu." I turned to him. "I'm going to check up ahead. If you hear anything, take route B." I said. "Hell no." he said, his eyes narrowing. "I'm not leaving you behind." he grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "But, one of us is better than both of us." I tried to argue. "I have to protect you. I couldn't do it because I was gone for so long." he said with a small hint of plea in his voice.
 
I was so preoccupied with trying to reason with Sunggyu that I didn't see the three figures close in on us until they were on top of us. A kick to my back sent me sprawling forward but I flipped myself by pushing off the floor and landed in a crouch. I raised my gun immediately but one of the other men kicked it right out of my hand. Even throbbing in pain, I swung the same fist to hit him deep in the gut. He doubled over and I took this chance to stand up. Sunggyu was dealing with the third guy so I wasn't worried and focused on my own opponents. One thing that I noted right away was that these weren't the normal kind of guards. They were trained to fight. 
 
I received a painful blow to the stomach before I could pull out my knife from my boot to slash his throat. I cradled my side as I backed away from the second man. I needed to grab another knife but my side screamed in pain. He kicked out at me but Sunggyu grabbed him from behind and threw him off course. Then Sunggyu straddled the guy and grabbed the last one's head. With one clean jerk, Sunggyu broke his neck. "You okay?" he asked getting off the guy to help me up. "Peachy." I said still cradling my side. I went to pick up my gun, but Sunggyu walked over to get it for me first. He smiled and picked it up. I grabbed my knife from the guy I made bleed out and wiped the blood on his clothes before slipping it back into my boot. "Minji." Sunggyu called my name in a soft voice. I thought that there might be more attackers so I looked up, but the last thing I saw were black stars as Sunggyu hit me in the head with the of my own gun. 
 

((A/N: Did you guys see that coming? Comment

Haha two updates in a day. I'm on a roll~ I hope you guys enjoy it :3))