Taemin, why are you...?

Infinitely Dangerous

 

After that I was a bit restless. I haven’t trained in a while and despite being injured I wanted to spar with someone. I was watching t.v. with the guys when Pan ni came over to and gestured me to followed her. I threw a look at the guys who were dozing off after a long day and went with her.

“Melina slipped me a note when I was out before.” She showed me the piece of paper. “Minji, I know at this point anything that I saw or do won’t stop you from your stubborn thinking. So I’ll just pray that you’ll be careful and take care of yourself. I’m glad Pan ni is there to be your backup but there is a mission that just came through for you both. You need to kill the pair called Daniel and Claire. They’re becoming a nuisance to Shadow and I'm sure you have your own bone to pick with them. But don’t let emotions cloud your judgment. If it becomes too dangerous, you two much pull out, no matter what.

I sighed. “Well I’m glad she finally accepted it.” I said and Pan ni tore up the note and put it in her hoodie pocket.

“I think this will be dangerous…” Pan ni said and her eyes trailed to my neck. “Why are you wearing that?” she asked. I blinked and touched it. “Oh. Sungyeol gave it to me. I plan to return it to him.” I said. She gave me a weird look but nodded and she went back outside to settle in her makeshift bed. Dongwoo was sitting on the couch so after some maneuvering they were sitting side by side and Dongwoo was leaning comfortably on Pan ni’s shoulder. I sighed. “I hope I don’t get the order to hurt you guys.” I muttered to myself.

“What are you hoping?” a voice suddenly said and I turned to see Woohyun. I blinked. “Uh. That you guys will do well as a group.” I smiled.  He chuckled. “I’m doubting that is what you actually said but thank you.” He smiled ruffling my hair. “Ew no! Don’t mess up my hair!” I said brushing his hands away.

But he grabbed my hand and then he watched me carefully. “Oppa.” I said annoyed and pulled my hand out of his. “Stop.” I said and pushed past him and went into his room and closed the door. I sat on the bed and sighed. Suddenly my phone vibrated. It was an unknown number but I answered it anyway. “MInji.” The voice said and I suddenly recognized Shadow’s mechanically disguised voice.

“You are to pick one of the guys of Infinite and get his absolute trust and make sure he would do anything for you. Because you need him to reveal to you where their compound is. Five days, Minji, you need to succeed in five days.” And the line was cut.

I looked at my phone in shock. Suddenly someone knocked on my door. Pan ni slipped in and she held up her phone. “You too?” I asked and she nodded. “I’m going to go crazy.” She said messing up her hair and sighed. “Well who are you going to pick to target?” I asked. “Well Dongwoo….” She said hesitantly and I gave her an odd look. “What? He seems to be the most comfortable around me.” She said. “Anyway, I think you are the only one that needs to worry. You have a lot of choices actually.” She said and I glared at her. “Don’t start with that.” I said and she rolled her eyes. “You know it’s true. Well good luck.” She said and I nodded.

Pan ni left and I looked at the ceiling. “Ugh kill me.” I said and someone knocked on the door. It was Hoya. “Hoya oppa.” I said surprised. He smiled. “Woohyun and Sunggyu hyung said you were hurt.” He held up a tube of medical cream. “Here. Don’t get hurt again.” He said softly. “G-gomawo.” And then I decided this might be a good time to start pretending. I tip toed and kissed his cheek. “Thank you.” I smiled and he blushed slightly. “Ne.” and left.

I curled up on the bed still thinking about how the hell was I going to seduce one of the guys. I thought about Pan ni and Dongwoo being cute together and laughed to myself. I ended up drifting to sleep with a smile on my face.

The next day I got up early and made breakfast. Kimchi jigae and noodles. I set everything up and was about to go when Woohyun woke up and came out rubbing his eyes. “Smells really good, are you going out already?” he asked yawning. He was wearing a sleeveless white hoodie so it showed off his muscles.

“Ah, yea. I’ll be back soon. I need to take care of some things.” I said and he frowned. “Do you want me to go with you?” he asked. “Ani, you guys rest and eat.” I turned to leave and he grabbed my hand. “Becareful.” He said and let go. I nodded and went to put on my shoes and left. It wasn’t before long I knew someone was following me. I whirled around in a high kick, but stopped before hitting Taemin’s face. I sighed and put down my foot. He grinned.

“You stalker.” I said and he slung his arm around my shoulder leaning on me. I grabbed the front of his shirt. “Why were you there that day?” I asked and he chuckled. “What day? Oh when he has his tongue down your throat?” Taemin said and I slapped his chest. “He did not!” I said and he rubbed his chest. “Well now I know it wasn’t acting.” He said frowning.

“What the hell are you talking about?! I was acting.” I glared. He made a humph sound. I pinched his cheek. “Stop being such a kid.” I said and he pinched my cheek. “I’m still kind of your oppa you know.” He said and I elbowed him lightly in the ribs but he dodged me.

He laughed and put his hands around my waist. “When did you get so touchy?” I asked. “Only with you.” He smiled and shoved his face away. “Ew.”

We got into his car and he drove me to our gun dealer. “I need your most powerful and smallest gun.” I said. “And wicked sharp hair chopsticks.” I added and he brought them forward. “Two pairs.” Taemin added. “Pan ni needs these too.” Taemin smiled and I nodded putting the goods into my bag. And we left. “Lets go get some of your favorite foods.” He said and I hesitated but nodded.

We ended up at a cute Korean Shabu Shabu place. “Set for two.” Taemin ordered and we settled in. “Aish, you’re such a little kid.” I reached over and moved his bangs out of his face. He smiled. “Gomawo.”

I rolled my eyes. We ate well. “This is so good.” I said drinking my bottle of cola.

“Well I’m just happy to see you smile.” He said leaning on his propped up hand.

When we left we walked passed a small candy store and went inside to get some candy. I popped a fizzy candy into my mouth. “Nom Nom.” I said smiling. “Is it good?” he asked and I nodded.

“Well then, I kinda want to try.” I reached to get him a candy but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a kiss. This time I wasn’t ready for him so he got me. My hand grabbed the front of his shirt in my hands and after a minute I pushed him away and started hitting him. “I’m going to kill you.” I said slapping his shoulder and his back.

“Ahhh, Ow, Ahh.” Taemin said trying to dodge.

“Well the candy was good.” He said his bottom lip and I gaped at him. “Now I’m going to kill you.” I said and ran after him as he laughed and dodged down the street until we got back to the car.

I kept hitting him as he drove me back and set me down a few blocks away from the dorm. “If you do that again, we aren’t going to be friends anymore.” I said seriously. “More than friends?” he chuckled and I glared.

“Arra, arra. Bye Minji. Be safe.” He said and drove away.