Tr-----

Infinitely Dangerous

 

He was practicing his punching and kicking on the hanging punching bag. I was sure he knew when I walked in but he ignored me. Then finally when he took a break to drink water, he asked. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Seeing if you can act a bit more mature.” I said crossing my arms. “Mels, Ethan, Pan ni, and I, we all worry about you being there with them.” He said. “I really don’t see how that is being immature.” He said throwing a hook at the punching bag.

“Where is Pan ni?” I asked. “Sleeping, I hope.” He said. I blinked. “What is that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“I don’t know. She won’t talk about it with anyone. She just seems out of it lately, after she came back to check on Melina. She’s always in a daze and zoning out. She seems to be only clear-headed when we do missions.”

“Is she sleeping?” I asked. “Not really. Melina and Ethan dropped some sleeping pills in her drink earlier and Ethan carried her to the guest room so she could get rest.”

I sighed. “Let’s go check on her.” I said and he shrugged and followed me. Mels was still cooking so I went straight to the guest room. Pan ni was curled up, her eyes open. “Pan ni?” I knocked on the door going inside. “Yeah. You’re back.” She said sitting up.

“Not really. I have to leave later but how are you doing?” I asked. Her eyes trailed to Taemin and I turned to him. “Tae can you go take a shower before we eat.” I gave him a look. He sighed. “Ne.” and left.

I went over to sit on the bed. “Minji…” she sighed. “What’s bothering you?” I asked.

“The order is going to be here soon.” She said vaguely. “Huh? What order?” I asked. “To hurt them. To hurt Infinite.” She finally said.

And I felt my hands go cold. “What? How do you know?” I asked. “I talked to Lia.” Lia was Shadow’s personal secretary. “And she said that?”

“Yeah. She said Shadow was getting tired of Infinite’s meddling and he wanted to deal with them once and for all.” Pan ni said with a deadly, withdrawn calm.

“Well its not here…yet. So don't be stressing over something that hasn’t happened.” She sighed after my words. “I don’t know.” She said.

I was about to say something when Sunggyu burst into the room. “Minji, we have to go. Now!” he said looking serious and somewhat shaken.

He didn’t wait for my reply and grabbed my arm pulling me with him.

“Wait a ing minute. Where are you dragging MInji off to. You said she had hours left!” Melina said putting down the spatula.

“Celestia just called.” He turned to me ignoring Melina. “There was a breach. It was from an unknown assassin company. We need to get back now.”

Melina opened to say something as well but suddenly her own phone rang and she picked it up with pursed lips. “Talk.” She said into the receiver.

“What?!” she said angrily a minute later. She hung up and looked at everyone. Pan ni and Taemin had came out as well. “We need to go back too Shadow wants us. Someone just breached one of the main compounds.”

And then we were all moving. “Mels.” I said as I walked away with Sunggyu. “See you soon Minji.” She said and I got into the car with Sunggyu. “What’s happening?” I asked softly. “I don’t know. But I hope we make it in time to help. Myungsoo was yelling over gunfire.” He said pressing harder on the gas pedal.

His expression darkened considerable and I found myself reaching out to touch his shoulder. “Stop. Don’t start blaming yourself, we’ll get there.” I said but in the back of my head I was worried. Worried about Woohyun and Sungyeol. They were still injured. Would they be the most vulnerable?

---------------------------------

Interesting title right? I will be revealing it slowly because this section really belongs together. Is trouble starting up again? Before one wave subsides there is always another :3

 

Oh I'm so evil. haha.